Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I guess the moderators can't remain impartial when it comes to this game. Removed my 1 star review and issued a warning.
A 1 star review on this game can be analyzed by me and shred to pieces by arguments alone.
Not even including my personal opinion. Giving a Game 1 star review can only happen if the game is broken and unplayable by bugs etc. or very bad translation.
Or when scenes are just random and very poorly done and the game in general is not fun to play for the majority of people.

None of that applies to this game. Maybe you didn't like the game or the story. Thats possible. That is understandable. Ranting of any sort however is a no go according to forum rules.

My assumption in this matter therefore is that you did a rant and tried to disguise it as one of the following.
A: Your Opinion which should not include swearing or personal kinks not being satisfied.
B: As Fact by stating your opinion about stuff and try to make it a fact.
C: Ranting about the two main characters Macy and Denise and their looks which is strictly forbidden by the mods in post number 1.

Unless it was none of the above i highly suggest not even adressing this issue ever again! Or instead of a reply from me trying to explain to you why your review was deleted and what the forum rules are you agreed upon when making an account, a mod will answer by using the almighty banhammer of doom on you not wasting another word on you.

Not a threat. A simple explanation on why you are presumably in the wrong here.

Xanado

May 9, 2018
No......the new review "rules/system" heavily favors the creators of popular games. Especially those of one specific genre I won't be naming because of the head ache that discussion would bring. I myself had a review that followed the "rules" to a T and still got deleted. When I brought that up to the Moderator who gave me the warning and asked for clarification of which rule I broke, he simply ignored me and blocked my ability to post reviews on that thread. The proof of this is that the less popular games on this site get absolutely destroyed in their reviews, yet those reviews are still up. If I did disagree with bobthebuilder12345 on anything, is that how in the world could you put a 1 star on Light of My Life?
They are not blocking you from making a review. You have already made a review and you can only make one per gamethread. What I've heard is that the review system is kind of shaky so instead of actually deleting your review and risk instability they hide it. That's why you can't make another review.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Ah, that makes more since. Thank you for the insider info; however, the overall effect is still the same. Outside of that, I've also noticed that accounts with high activity are treated with preferential treatment and given quite a bit more leeway than newer accounts. The overall difference in the treatment of my current account and my old deleted one, is like night and day.

Edit: Thinking on it, I would like to ask if your certain on that? I'm only asking, because when it happened, my likes and comment tally disappeared from my account/the numbers regressed back to prereview numbers. It seems like if it was just hidden, then that wouldn't of happened.
This statement on the OP will get your review and post deleted.

Note from moderators: Look at sample pics provided.
If it's not your thing, please don't comment about it. We will delete those comments.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Ah, that makes more since. Thank you for the insider info; however, the overall effect is still the same. Outside of that, I've also noticed that accounts with high activity are treated with preferential treatment and given quite a bit more leeway than newer accounts. The overall difference in the treatment of my current account and my old deleted one, is like night and day.

Edit: Thinking on it, I would like to ask if your certain on that? I'm only asking, because when it happened, my likes and comment tally disappeared from my account/the numbers regressed back to prereview numbers. It seems like if it was just hidden, then that wouldn't of happened.
Low post accounts often review bomb threads purely based on fetish/preference issues, that's why they're treated harsher. A mod probably isn't going to take the time time to go over a review to see if it's useful in some aspect if it breaks any of the rules in the thread listed by Xanado, or any rules specific to a thread due to brigading. Also if your posts are deleted any likes generated by those posts go as well, I'm pretty sure. And if you care enough to post a lot you're probably not going to burn "social capital" you've generated by flagrantly flouting the rules on purpose/due to ignorance (even though a lot of my musing and analysis get deleted as off-topic, lol...)

Igneel1

The Slayer's Time Is Now
Compressor
Jul 1, 2017
I guess the moderators can't remain impartial when it comes to this game. Removed my 1 star review and issued a warning.
The review you posted was removed because it didn't meet 200 character requirement , filling it with emoji lets you bypass the system criteria but it will be removed regardless of the rating do read the rules before posting reveiws
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also game threads are not meant for moderation discussion as it's ends in excessive discussion/arguements that never ends & leads to derailing thread to OT, Best open a ticket & have a staff/admin look into it if you feel the decision was wrong
You could also open a thread in off topic section of the forum & discuss abt the issue

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
:WutFace: I tell him at the start of the game: don't waste your time on this, you'll hate it. But he plays it anyway and comes back to complain about how he ignored the warning and hated it. :FacePalm:

You'd think people would appreciate a game giving them a little heads-up about what to expect so they can go and find something they do enjoy. Trolls gotta troll I guess.

Last edited:

InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019
The review you posted was removed because it didn't meet 200 character requirement , filling it with emoji lets you bypass the system criteria but it will be removed regardless of the rating do read the rules before posting reveiws
Well, that was an easy addition to the "Ignore" list.

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
:WutFace: I tell him at the start of the game: don't waste your time on this, you'll hate it. But he plays it anyway and comes back to complain about how he ignored the warning and hated it. :FacePalm:

You'd think people would appreciate a game giving them a little heads-up about what to expect so they can go and find something they do enjoy. Trolls gotta troll I guess.
You expect people to use common sense? ON THE INTERNET???

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017

Also game threads are not meant for moderation discussion as it's ends in excessive discussion/arguements that never ends & leads to derailing thread to OT, Best open a ticket & have a staff/admin look into it if you feel the decision was wrong
You could also open a thread in off topic section of the forum & discuss abt the issue
That was everything I expected, and more.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
Thank you for the clarification. I think most of us knew the review removal was for valid reasons, but I feel it's important to see fairness.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes