polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Who's quality of life is going to be improved by knowing that Naughty moved LoML 0.16% closer to release? And, if it really, really matters that much, why not toss a buck a month his way and/or join his Discord? There's never going be level of fine-grained detail here that someone will find on Discord.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Who's quality of life is going to be improved by knowing that Naughty moved LoML 0.16% closer to release? And, if it really, really matters that much, why not toss a buck a month his way and/or join his Discord? There's never going be level of fine-grained detail here that someone will find on Discord.
There are 8 billion of us. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that there are people out there who's quality of life is improved with each status update, hate discord and have no intentions of donating money. Humanity is beautiful.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Last edited:

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
There are 8 billion of us. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that there are people out there who's quality of life is improved with each status update, hate discord and have no intentions of donating money. Humanity is beautiful.
It's reasonable to assume all of this in that there's probably more than one person that thinks this way, but it really isn't reasonable to hound naughty, or anyone, for nano-updates and not contribute a penny. Or, for that matter, attempt to influence LoML; ideally no one would influence the game as naughty has stated at least a dozen times that he develops LoML for his own satisfaction and doesn't solicit donations.

All of this "is it done yet", "where is my free stuff" and "make the game the way that I want it" sounds very, very similar to kids in the back seat of their parents car on a vacation road-trip, where the parents are trying to do something nice for the kids but are being pestered to the point of distraction.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Hey peeps, it's getting pretty far off topic here so let's not reply to the troll bait here. If they get ignored, they'll get "the feels" and go slinking back to the cold stinking caves under their mommy's houses. It's either they don't have the brain cells to understand that it's supporting art on Patreon which is your money to spend or they're legitimately trying to get a rise out of us for whatever murky reason they may have. So please, please, please report those posts.

I have a proposal: How about we get a Macy & Denise goblin/troll meme and just use that to warn of trolls? Would mods or staff be okay with that idea?

** It seems like there's a fine line between off-topic and on topic. Every time a troll shows up, a bunch of posts that either reply to or warn of it tends to get mass deleted. It's absolutely aggravating which is their goal. Like "Make brainless comment, get honest people to reply then poof! All gone! Then I'll do it again just to piss everyone off!"
Can we figure out a better system for this so they can get caught and we can keep our posts?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Hey peeps, it's getting pretty far off topic here so let's not reply to the troll bait here. If they get ignored, they'll get "the feels" and go slinking back to the cold stinking caves under their mommy's houses. It's either they don't have the brain cells to understand that it's supporting art on Patreon which is your money to spend or they're legitimately trying to get a rise out of us for whatever murky reason they may have. So please, please, please report those posts.

I have a proposal: How about we get a Macy & Denise goblin/troll meme and just use that to warn of trolls? Would mods or staff be okay with that idea?

** It seems like there's a fine line between off-topic and on topic. Every time a troll shows up, a bunch of posts that either reply to or warn of it tends to get mass deleted. It's absolutely aggravating which is their goal. Like "Make brainless comment, get honest people to reply then poof! All gone! Then I'll do it again just to piss everyone off!"
Can we figure out a better system for this so they can get caught and we can keep our posts?
Personally - I would like to see on the first post - a message from the dev (like they have for spoilers, tags, etc.) section about update frequency. I mean "it will be ready when it is ready" is fine. The Dev can make it their own (with your suggestion about style and pictures, etc.) and when ever someone posts in this or any thread, a MOD can go back and say "Read the first post or use search" and delete it. It would so much clean everything up going forward.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020

Anymore, I press ignore, followed by report. And often feel that's more of my time than they deserve.

Reactions: naughtyroad

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) I have a proposal: How about we get a Macy & Denise goblin/troll meme and just use that to warn of trolls? Would mods or staff be okay with that idea? (...)
Well, there is this one from way back, and I even have this blank template (attached to this message) that we used to have a little competition on who could come up with the funniest text. We could just have some creative fun with it.

Personally - I would like to see on the first post - a message from the dev (like they have for spoilers, tags, etc.) section about update frequency. I mean "it will be ready when it is ready" is fine. (...)
It's an excellent suggestion, but that's already in place; it says "Also, time between updates is long, but updates are huge. Don't complain about this.", so that can be referred to. I don't think there's any unclarity on that front with the moderators though, they will clear reported post out on that ground as soon as they can get 'round to it.

And the "free stuff is milking" crowd is clearly evenly divided between tinfoil-hat unhinged and gleefully trolling, no amount of rules or reasoning will stop those adorable little rascals. But the ignore button and report buttons are very effective, let them howl at the moon in solitude.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
It's an excellent suggestion, but that's already in place; it says "Also, time between updates is long, but updates are huge. Don't complain about this.", so that can be referred to. I don't think there's any unclarity on that front with the moderators though, they will clear reported post out on that ground as soon as they can get 'round to it.

And the "free stuff is milking" crowd is clearly evenly divided between tinfoil-hat unhinged and gleefully trolling, no amount of rules or reasoning will stop those adorable little rascals. But the ignore button and report buttons are very effective, let them howl at the moon in solitude.
My suggestion was site wide (not necessarily directed at you), you actually have that info pretty much covered in your FP. However most threads don't. That way it is consistent on the site for every thread and then people who keep trolling will eventually find their way out (eventually).

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Well, there is this one from way back, and I even have this blank template (attached to this message) that we used to have a little competition on who could come up with the funniest text. We could just have some creative fun with it.

OMG I forgot about that image!, seeing goblin Denise being vegetarian because she is in the official game is funny as hell! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Rabbac

Oct 29, 2020
Jeez, its all a bit heated on here... i have barely any comments.. but then i give credit when credits due (like I did with this super game) and if I don't like something I move on, no need to post negativity or rain on someones hard work..

Hey that just me :) my zen master taught me to be patient.. Ohmmmmmm

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Jeez, its all a bit heated on here... i have barely any comments.. but then i give credit when credits due (like I did with this super game) and if I don't like something I move on, no need to post negativity or rain on someones hard work..

Welcome to the forum and the thread then. Don't mind the "trolls" and "bears" in here. You have them in every thread but in this one it is kind of a little game we play with them before the mods clean up and get rid of them. :)

A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021

I agree with your master :), but common sense just isn't as common as you think around here.
As for the heated part, Miðgarðsormr is right, it is a little game we play. + if the trolls don't get reported then the comments stay and the stupidity grows.

When the dust settles we will get back to the usual conversation about bear licking, trebuchets and heavenly asses.
So stick around ;).

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I agree with your master :), but common sense just isn't as common as you think around here.
As for the heated part, Miðgarðsormr is right, it is a little game we play. + if the trolls don't get reported then the comments stay and the stupidity grows.

When the dust settles we will get back to the usual conversation about bear licking, trebuchets and heavenly asses.
So stick around ;).
Especially the conversations about heavenly asses and trebuchets are stuff you don't wanna miss. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes