A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021
I always find it funny that people say with the xxx amount of money you make of this you should .... and so on....
Then they count the development time months and say ,,, you made xxxx amount.

My thoughts always goes to this:
First,, It's not like a dev starts making a game has the initial release and gets handed a bucket of cash every month, there is a gradual line in increase or decline of money depending on how the game is doing.
Usually any dev is lucky to get any patrons/subscribestar or whatever form of payment in the first few months when they start.
So,,, hiring someone might even be possible one month,, and not so much the next. + there are the expenses that where made before even the initial release.. it's not like all the shit is free that is needed to make a vn. Not even mentioning the rig/hardware minimum to make renders without turning a rig into a smoking mess or 4 hours for 1 render mess. So upgrades where done or a second rig has to be bought.

Second thought
and that person that gets hired is going to do what exactly ?????
Do the renders ???? write the story ???? do some coding ?????
This is all NR's vision, work and idea. that would mean he would have to explain what he wants, how he wants it to look like and everything..... That would be like describing a abstract painting to a blind person,,, they get the gist but not the meaning or the full picture.

So anyone talking cash to a dev should be required to state what they make in a month and justify how they spend that money. (and explain how in most cases they are not supporting this game)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Second thought
and that person that gets hired is going to do what exactly ?????
Do the renders ???? write the story ???? do some coding ?????
This is all NR's vision, work and idea. that would mean he would have to explain what he wants, how he wants it to look like and everything..... That would be like describing a abstract painting to a blind person,,, they get the gist but not the meaning or the full picture.
Very apt point. It's one thing to collaborate on a project from its inception. It's very different to bring someone up to speed on one in the middle. It's probably doable with a modest investment of time as far as coding goes, but writing, posing, etc would be a massive time sink.

Grusha

Dec 6, 2019
I've played a lot of these games, like most probably have, and I'd argue that this is probably the best one by a long shot. A couple come close: Luna's Fall from Grace, Dating my Daughter, Overgrown Genesis, Point of No Return, Pandora's Box? These are all great games, and there are plenty of games that devs have put a lot of hard work into... but they all have their flaws, or fall short in one of the departments. I'm not looking to shame anyone's work, more so to point out why Light of My Life stands out so much.

The story is pretty standard, nothing special, but the characters drive it heavily and they're very well made. There are small details to LOML that add a lot to the experience, the way the characters play out is very well managed. The bulk of this game's success rides on the pacing and interaction of the characters. A lot of characters I thought I'd hate I ended up adoring, I ended up liking certain characters in ways I didn't expect I would. Characters grow and they grow together.

The art is also unique, not just in quality, but also in style. There are usually a lol of comments about reusage, of seeing the same models used across multiple games but, I adore the uniqueness of this game's style and I absolutely love that everyone looks realistic, everyone looks average with only maybe one super model walking around; it's really a breath of fresh air that everyone is relatable. Different breast sizes, some of the noses, chubby characters, etc.

I could talk in length about how this game stands out from others, I just enjoy that this game puts the story before sex without neglecting either all while being unique visually and just being an overall fun experience.

dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
If someone told me I'm doing a bad job when loads of others are telling me otherwise I'd tell him to fuck off too,
you go NR! Having a customer(quite possibly a freeloader in this case) tell you to hurry up while you're busting your ass off is the worst and I'm glad NR doesn't have to worry about losing his job by telling him off.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I admit I'm not excited by prego sex (IRL my wife and I did carry on right up til the day). But that Coven member could 'quench my thirst' any day.
You forgot to mention the fact that it doesn't matter if you are excited about prego sex or not IRL. Your wife decides that for you.

But for a tower defence game we could call it the "whale bomb" and toss a gigantic pregnant coven lady on the enemy. OFC we would launch her with a trebuchet.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Quality assurance stage
1. 8/10 testers have approved the tits and ass ratio.
2. 1 died tragically in an ongoing fapping accident.
3. Last man standing has taken the current build hostage and demands 3 things. A denise and macy bouncy house, a trebuchet and a getaway bear to ride to safety.

This is Light of my Life news. I'm your host curtis interruptus!

Police is on the scene but sadly seem very occupied on the bouncy house.
Sources state that half the police department is investigating the bouncy house for a week now while the other half is figuring out how to build a trebuchet.
Two officers have gone missing trying to get a getaway bear from the woods.
Eye witness claim they saw the two female officers getting licked and taken away by what appears to be a bear but we can not confirm this.

Stay tuned.
10/10 post of the year, folks.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have some speculations to share to celebrate the content compleet part of the update. Bear with me for a minute here...

So I was thinking about the different discutions hapening over here mainly about bears and Denise magnificent ass. I was trying to link the two when the expression from my part of the world came to my mind : Y fait noir comme dans l'cul d'un ours. (it's dark like in a bear's ass) So we have the bear and the ass but what about the darkness? I bet naugty will get us to explore a lacivious crevace never before explored and it will be..... It will be... I don't know I can't find the words. Maybe I watched to many trebuchet video on youtube. Now I need to know what it feel's lie to get launched like a bear in this marvel of einginering.

More seriously what are you guys expectring in this update? Personaly I just can't wait to devourer it with my eyes and marvel at how inspired NR is. Seriously, is it the first time their is 17sceenes added to the planner after the first draft?

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes