naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
NR thank you for this chapter ! Great work. Very much enjoyed.

I can confirm that the two issues mentioned earlier:
1. Missing images in the bathroom scene
2. Missing entire scenes in CH6, therefore it becomes very short, just few scenes...
Are caused by the obsolete walkthrough MOD.
By removing the mod the firs issue is solved, but not the second.
To fix the second issue:
- Remove the MOD
- Start CH6 from beginning ( Last CH5 save)
Cheers for the confirmation. I've posted a ticket to have the links removed from the post, and added a message to the op.

Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate the walkthrough mod? Goddamn that lazily made piece of crap is a thorn in my side.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Oh god no!!!! my save just send me back to the menu !!:(
(...)
My final save from Chapter 5 also didnt load, Luckily I save Once or twice a scene so I dont have to go back far.
(...)

Make sure you don't have the walkthrough mod installed. It fucks up chapter 6 something good.

Any news on if this is going to be updated?
Fuck, I hope not, almost all issue reports for this chapter come from that broken piece of crap. At this rate I might as well have a go myself, and save myself spending a lot of time following up on non-existent bugs, answering support questions here and on my own channels, and defending myself from people who claim there's not content to the game because the mod apparently skips over almost all of the new stuff.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
If you are running off of a 2.5" laptop HDD, you might want to invest in an SSD. I saw no issues with load times, and I did not run the game on anywhere near my fastest drive.
I use a tower computer but I don't use a ssd for Renpy games. It would be the first time I need a ssd to run a Renpy game. BTW I just tested it on a ssd and strangely, the loading time is nearly the same. But it seems a little faster if I don't uncompress the .rpa.

In any case I also encounter some slowdowns in the game menu when the background image changes.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I use a tower computer but I don't use a ssd for Renpy games. It would be the first time I need a ssd to run a Renpy game. BTW I just tested it on a ssd and strangely, the loading time is nearly the same. But it seems a little faster if I don't uncompress the .rpa.

In any case I also encounter some slowdowns in the game menu when the background image changes.
Main menu/config menu first load stutters are a known issue, it loads all the images from the image carousel into memory and since each chapter adds a few, it adds up. I've culled it a bit so it's no worse than chapter 5, but no better either.

Background images loading slow, well some scenes use QHD (2560x1440) sized images to allow me a greater zoom range, so that leans heavier on memory use, and I believe that after loading, ren'py holds the images it uses in memory in an uncompressed format, it might simply be that you're running out.

Since I layer several (sometimes many) images on top of each other for animation and parallax effect, it might be you notice it a lot more with LomL than other ren'py based games.

If your PC if reasonably spec'ed, consider checking if some other process running in the background isn't gobbling up a lot of RAM.

Reactions: Darkaura

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Main menu/config menu first load stutters are a known issue, it loads all the images from the image carousel into memory and since each chapter adds a few, it adds up. I've culled it a bit so it's no worse than chapter 5, but no better either.
I have plenty free ram and the problem isn't only at first load. If I navigate through the menu, the background image change at each option selected. Sometimes, it's ok, sometimes it freezes.
BTW I changed the background to the original one. Problem solved.

Reactions: naughtyroad

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
BTW I changed the background to the original one. Problem solved.
It also could be an option in your preferences screen. Something like:
Python:
                vbox:
                    style_prefix "radio"
                    label _("Background Menu")
                    textbutton _("Carrousel") action SetVariable("gui.main_menu_background","mm_bg_switch_images")
                    textbutton _("Original") action SetVariable("gui.main_menu_background","mm_bg")
Edi: My example isn't good. You need to use a persistent variable because the config is overwriten at each game start.

Last edited:

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
I just finished the chapter...so...
I'm probably not the first one and I'm sure not the last one to ask;

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT CULT AND RITUAL WITH THE COVEN?

target-tits-sister-bikinisexual-harassment-kids-sw-340x520.jpg
Sierra did explain to me their intentions and all but this question is more meta and directly to naughtyroad. The game always had light supernatural elements with those dream sequences, and I'm curious about where are we heading with the following chapters.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I just finished the chapter...so...
I'm probably not the first one and I'm sure not the last one to ask;

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT CULT AND RITUAL WITH THE COVEN?

View attachment 1538154
Sierra did explain to me their intentions and all but this question is more meta and directly to naughtyroad. The game always had light supernatural elements with those dream sequences, and I'm curious about where are we heading with the following chapters.
Obviously we are part of a blood related sacrifice ritual to summon cthulhu himself so the coven gets amazing tentacle sex from him afterwards......

Ok jokes aside i have no idea but there was some scary shit in this update. But according to this thread i was the only one scared.......

Maverick1965

Sep 2, 2018
Loved the update soooo very much.

That final scene with the girls after the first 'you know'.... Wow, hot as hell as was the preceding situation. As for the 3 office friends, equally fun stuff to be had in different measures. I'm looking forward to what those three can come up with. Absolutely loved the whole thing, ritual and all.

As for the youngest and her fascinations and interests, lets just say her shower scene was epic and I really hope we get to see more of that with her sister too!

Brilliant stuff all round from a quality production and one of the best VNs on here!

• Red Heart

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) naughtyroad. The game always had light supernatural elements with those dream sequences, and I'm curious about where are we heading with the following chapters.
Ok jokes aside i have no idea but there was some scary shit in this update. (...)

Tbh, I wouldn't be reading too much into it.
The Coven have always been my "anything goes" characters, they weren't originally planned, and since incorporating them into the story, I can just let them go where their fancy takes them. In this case, it ended up being quite a ride, to be sure.
And who's to say they actually accomplish anything, and in the end it turns out it's not that dissimilar from any other little clique you might find in your family or workplace that go on about the healing powers of amethyst and some such.

kyrlian

May 26, 2017
Finally played it. It was awesome, the funeral and the outcome of said funeral are my favorite scenes, they play so well together. I just wished it happened at an abandoned motel instead of a gas station, I understand you can't change their "special place" after 6 episodes.

You do realize that choosing "Change something." sends you back to, well, change something, and selecting Okay accepts and moves on?
Maybe rename the buttons to make them idiot-proof. "I'm ok with the changes" / "I don't like it, let me change relationship names again"

Awesome work, this game is one of the best no doubt and those 1 star reviews made by teenagers with real bad taste and skip button addiction are unbearable (ha, I just made my first bear joke)

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes