Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Anyone else get sick of the Macys attitude real quick, especially across 3 chapters?!? I expected it to calm down much sooner but just as soon as it seems to, back up it goes. Very tiring.

And Denise's naivety towards everything. Just as exhausting. For as old as she's meant to be she can't be this naieve. This is beyond suspense of belief and just boring now.
Especially that we've waited this long for anything to happen beyond wanking in the shower room.

Didn't help the animations where reused over and over, and over yet again, and didn't exactly express what they were feeling, just jumping from glee to ugly angry real quick.

And on the matter, the nipples, wtf are up with the nipples in this one. I don't mind the models so much, but nipples are a bit much

MoyaPsy

Dec 13, 2021
Starkmk87

You know how it is with art. It lies in the eye of the person experiencing it. It is highly subjective and therefore it is up to you if you like the repetetiveness and those nipples. That Bein said I really feel like the repetitiveness should here be seen as the foundation of the house they are building. Once you realize that it is there to serve a purpose it really doesn’t bother bother you anymore. What am I trying to tell you here? So the mornings seem to be always the same with Denise BUT you never know what will happen. Will she want to be experimental today? Will I have to wait one more day? You never know what will happen next and that’s what I really love about this game. The little surprises here and there. It is not a streamlined story where you reach one more corruption level every single day just because its one more day than the last.
So back to the Metapher I used before: On that foundation they built, the house on top of it is very much a beautiful art of work for me with lots of humor, crazy little moments I didn’t expect and a family tie that feels much more natural than so many other corruption games just try to achieve but can never reach.

And as in all art: You can choose to stay or leave at any point when you stand in front of a painting and look at it.

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Starkmk87

You know how it is with art. It lies in the eye of the person experiencing it. It is highly subjective and therefore it is up to you if you like the repetetiveness and those nipples. That Bein said I really feel like the repetitiveness should here be seen as the foundation of the house they are building. Once you realize that it is there to serve a purpose it really doesn’t bother bother you anymore. What am I trying to tell you here? So the mornings seem to be always the same with Denise BUT you never know what will happen. Will she want to be experimental today? Will I have to wait one more day? You never know what will happen next and that’s what I really love about this game. The little surprises here and there. It is not a streamlined story where you reach one more corruption level every single day just because its one more day than the last.
So back to the Metapher I used before: On that foundation they built, the house on top of it is very much a beautiful art of work for me with lots of humor, crazy little moments I didn’t expect and a family tie that feels much more natural than so many other corruption games just try to achieve but can never reach.

And as in all art: You can choose to stay or leave at any point when you stand in front of a painting and look at it.
First, punctuation.

Second your comment only serves to tell my point. Repetition is boring. An artist needs to change it up once in a while. Especially in this sense.

Otherwise one does lose followers

Reactions: testo2

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
First, punctuation.

Second your comment only serves to tell my point. Repetition is boring. An artist needs to change it up once in a while. Especially in this sense.

Otherwise one does lose followers
Punctuation is pointless in the world wide web.

Your point is what exactly? You not liking the personality of two characters? Have you tried reading the story to find out why they act that way etc? I mean there is a plot reason for them acting this way. Same with other stuff going on in the background like the story about LOT, the office ladies representing three stages of motherhood or being a coven and many other small things that happen besides the main story.

Anyone else get sick of the Macys attitude real quick, especially across 3 chapters?!? I expected it to calm down much sooner but just as soon as it seems to, back up it goes. Very tiring.
Not really. As i said there is a reason for that. It is one of the stages of grief and rejected love that makes her act this way. Which if you follow the story and read it you would actually know already when you finished chapter 3.

And Denise's naivety towards everything. Just as exhausting. For as old as she's meant to be she can't be this naieve. This is beyond suspense of belief and just boring now.
Especially that we've waited this long for anything to happen beyond wanking in the shower room.
On the contrary. As denise is a griefing person and at a different stage than macy she or her mind is trivializing alot of stuff to ease the pain and used as a defence mechanism. From a psychological point of view this story is on a whole other level than the rest in terms of realism in that regard.

Didn't help the animations where reused over and over, and over yet again, and didn't exactly express what they were feeling, just jumping from glee to ugly angry real quick.
You would be amazed on how fast people snap back and forth in their attitude when being pregnant, in grief or overstressed in a matter of seconds. And reused animations on what scenes exactly? Facial expression is the only thing that comes to mind cause the rest is not overused as every shower scene for example is different as well as the wake up stuff etc. No clue what you mean by "Animations where reused". Could you go more into detail what you mean?

And on the matter, the nipples, wtf are up with the nipples in this one. I don't mind the models so much, but nipples are a bit much
Whats wrong with the nipples? They come in all shapes and sizes and i have seen my fair share of nipples and can't find anything wrong with them. Maybe you are refering to the areolas? In that case there is nothing wrong their either.

PS: Get a women pregnant. And you can witness how both nipples and areolas turn into shape shifting monsters :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Will-o-Wisp

Nov 5, 2017
There's life-long issues behind this attitude (kind of, not exactly life-long, but still). It would be unbelievably surprising for her to change personality so fast.

This suppressed silent anger and push-away behavior was how she coped for years. It molded her for all her teenage years. Her ENTIRE adulthood so far (work, relationships, ...) results from that. You can't reasonably expect for all that to vanish in a couple weeks. There's going to be ebbs and flows as she grows as a person, it's inevitable. It's the same as Denise's anxiety: It may calm progressively, but there's going to be moments when it creeps back up again, because you simply can't erase a profound trauma in a matter of weeks with a couple nice word from daddy.

I'm glad that Naugthyroads didn't went for a much faster pacing on this one, it would have felt too easy.

That I can somewhat agree, with a couple caveats. First, I think you can clearly see she's way more cunning and manipulative that the image she gives. She wants to appears naïve because it makes it easier to get the others to do what she wants. Pretending not to know anything about sex is a good way to make her sister more inclined to "teach her", for instance.

That said, I agree she sometimes seems slightly too ignorant for the age she has. But I think it's also because most people would simply be too uncomfortable if she was depicted as much younger. Incest is a thing, but if one of the character involved is depicting as a child, it suddenly becomes an entirely different story. So I guess having a "old enough" character to sometime be a bit too naive for its age is an acceptable middle ground.

Last edited:

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019

Something I'm embarassed by happened when I was 16. A girl I was tutoring asked me if I wanted to lick her clit. So not knowing what she meant, I went and....asked my mother.
How's that for naive?

I agree about Macy. But her anger has been built up over multiple years, so it makes sense that it takes a long time to finally burn out. I'm sure we've seen the worst of her outbursts now that she got the dicking she needed to mellow out.

And I'm 'meh' about the nipples. I've seen weirder in real life. So they didn't bother me much. And sometimes it's fun to bite on the ones like pencil erasers.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Punctuation is pointless in the world wide web.

Your point is what exactly? You not liking the personality of two characters? Have you tried reading the story to find out why they act that way etc? I mean there is a plot reason for them acting this way. Same with other stuff going on in the background like the story about LOT, the office ladies representing three stages of motherhood or being a coven and many other small things that happen besides the main story.

Not really. As i said there is a reason for that. It is one of the stages of grief and rejected love that makes her act this way. Which if you follow the story and read it you would actually know already when you finished chapter 3.

On the contrary. As denise is a griefing person and at a different stage than macy she or her mind is trivializing alot of stuff to ease the pain and used as a defence mechanism. From a psychological point of view this story is on a whole other level than the rest in terms of realism in that regard.

You would be amazed on how fast people snap back and forth in their attitude when being pregnant, in grief or overstressed in a matter of seconds. And reused animations on what scenes exactly? Facial expression is the only thing that comes to mind cause the rest is not overused as every shower scene for example is different as well as the wake up stuff etc. No clue what you mean by "Animations where reused". Could you go more into detail what you mean?

Whats wrong with the nipples? They come in all shapes and sizes and i have seen my fair share of nipples and can't find anything wrong with them. Maybe you are refering to the areolas? In that case there is nothing wrong their either.

PS: Get a women pregnant. And you can witness how both nipples and areolas turn into shape shifting monsters :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF..... Really I couldn't and very well put.
On another note I am really looking forward to the next chapter and I can't wait :) Always feels like christmas morning for me when an update is released.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Searching "compressed" in the thread
1653865705482.png
brought up the following:
Light of My Life [Chapter 6 v0.6.3. Bugfix] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.03 GB
Original Size Mac: 3.01 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 1.11 GB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 1.09 GB: -

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
As well as:
... For the record, I've seen quite a bit of graphical glitches and artifacts on screen that come with high compressed images in LomlL(most noticably blue horizontal/vertical lines along cutting seams in sprites) so I'd recommend against it when playing Light of my Life or other sprite based games using an approach similar to mine...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So, what, in like an hour?
If that hour is another 5 months then yes?
I think it is appropriate to turn to the new testament with the influence of the old on this story:

2 Peter 3:8 - "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that... one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." Amen.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I think it is appropriate to turn to the new testament with the influence of the old on this story:

2 Peter 3:8 - "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that... one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." Amen.
Going with this the update is a matter of hours. Awesome :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: naughtyroad

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Something I'm embarassed by happened when I was 16. A girl I was tutoring asked me if I wanted to lick her clit. So not knowing what she meant, I went and....asked my mother.
How's that for naive?

I agree about Macy. But her anger has been built up over multiple years, so it makes sense that it takes a long time to finally burn out. I'm sure we've seen the worst of her outbursts now that she got the dicking she needed to mellow out.

And I'm 'meh' about the nipples. I've seen weirder in real life. So they didn't bother me much. And sometimes it's fun to bite on the ones like pencil erasers.
And what happened? did your mom show you what she did mean...
don't leave us in suspense. :ROFLMAO:

Kidding aside, some kids are more innocent than others, the same goes for girls.
Nowadays with the internet though... is more difficult to see that kind of innocence.

Jun 17, 2017
How's that for naive?
I really want to know what happened next.
Did your mother explain it? Did she freak out, did YOU freak out? Did you eventually go down on that girl?

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes