Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Don't you remember? You lent it to me at that BBQ a few months back. With the hedge trimmer. I just forgot to return it. My bad. :cool:
You fuckwit!!!

That's why I didn't get it for my birthday!
I'm a gonna so smack your bottom once you're home from school!
And straight to bed!

Young people nowadays!
I remember when I was younger......... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ SNORT

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Why is there no update on the game yet or thy for got about it ?
Not that anyone asked or cares, but this is why I barely post. There's half a dozen serious posters in any given thread and almost everything else is phone-posts from people that can't be bothered to look at literally anything in the thread they're going to post to. It's tedious, especially in a game thread where the material is very thoughtful and the developer is highly engaged.

Nobody is expecting "War and Peace" from every post (well, expect from Naughty) but come on...is "no update, dev bad" the community norm that we really want?

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Not that anyone asked or cares, but this is why I barely post. There's half a dozen serious posters in any given thread and almost everything else is phone-posts from people that can't be bothered to look at literally anything in the thread they're going to post to. It's tedious, especially in a game thread where the material is very thoughtful and the developer is highly engaged.

Nobody is expecting "War and Peace" from every post (well, expect from Naughty) but come on...is "no update, dev bad" the community norm that we really want?
You are underestimating just how much of a benefit those people are. Some great games have f95 threads that are basically dead between updates and it really hurts their visibility.

• Haha
Reactions: Count Morado

foible

Aug 29, 2017
I was obviously trying to say that trying to create new concepts and ideas is a waste of time because everything has been done before and it will just result in you not writing to the best of your abilities.

I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't really make this game or that you should copy others.
Precisely. There’s no such thing as avant-garde. As comical as you may think Rule 34 is, it really IS a rule. Nothing is new. Every possible basic plot has been told. Every possible (delightful) melody has been written. (Banging on car doors while someone pisses into a vat of angry cats might be “considered” music, but it’s not fucking delightful). When Jackson Pollock, Pablo Picasso, and Andy Warhol are considered the greatest artists of their time, art has been completely done. Nothing new can be.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Precisely. There’s no such thing as avant-garde. As comical as you may think Rule 34 is, it really IS a rule. Nothing is new. Every possible basic plot has been told. Every possible (delightful) melody has been written. (Banging on car doors while someone pisses into a vat of angry cats might be “considered” music, but it’s not fucking delightful). When Jackson Pollock, Pablo Picasso, and Andy Warhol are considered the greatest artists of their time, art has been completely done. Nothing new can be.
It's a weird thing to think about, but humans have been performing and writing for thousands of years. At some point we came up with dressing ourselves in costumes, using props, coming up with twist endings and betrayals etc

Instead of worrying about doing something unique like creating a universe in which people eat through their ears for no reason just focus on your ideas and inspirations. So what if there are a million tales about knights and dragons? Write a better one and wait until Amazon or some other soulless company pays you so they can adapt it and make every fan with a brain angry while making you obscenely rich and you don't really care anymore.

Last edited:

Dremel

Sep 24, 2017
Indeed. Trying to trim a hedge with a trebuchet is really tiresome you know...
And that's how you get those bears infestation. You use one as ammo. keep a few around for more shots. Suddenly the bears in the wild are like 'who are you invading my territory and how did you fly in?'. And when they get their answer they're gonna come get a slice. A vicious cycle of feral mammals vying to be launched.

Is this what you want Turning tricks??

Dremel

Sep 24, 2017
It's a weird thing to think about, but humans have been performing and writing for thousands of years. At some point we came up with dressing ourselves in costumes, using props, coming up with twist endings and betrayals etc

Instead of worrying about doing something unique like creating a universe in which people eat through their ears for no reason just focus on your ideas and inspirations. So what if a million tales about knights and dragons exist? Write a better one and wait until Amazon or some other soulless company pays you so they can adapt it and make every fan with a brain angry while making you obscenely rich and you don't really care anymore.
It's interesting how the paintings in the museum all depict the same scenario of a story but still have a dfferent angle. And let those paintings sketch the scenarios/meaning/context for us the viewers.

A 'Tale' doesn't have to be unique. It has to have a 'soul'. And this game has plenty.

Last edited:

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021

Instead of worrying about doing something unique like creating a universe in which people eat through their ears for no reason just focus on your ideas and inspirations. So what if there are a million tales about knights and dragons? Write a better one and wait until Amazon or some other soulless company pays you so they can adapt it and make every fan with a brain angry while making you obscenely rich and you don't really care anymore.
It amazes me how oblivious you remain—and foible has now joined you—to what either naughtyroad or I have been saying. Sure, the parts have been done, but I aim to put those parts together in a new way, that hasn't been done before, at least that I know of. To produce something original; a finished work that stands apart.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
…I think a “real” artist just sits down and does the work, instead of endlessly pondering what it truly means to “create”. Leave that to the philosophers LMAO.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Count Morado

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
…I think a “real” artist just sits down and does the work, instead of endlessly pondering what it truly means to “create”. Leave that to the philosophers LMAO.
I don't like to limit myself. Philosophy is a perfectly good thing to think about sometimes! Anyway, I hardly think a minute or six a couple of times really qualifies as "endlessly" pondering anything. Just providing an alternate perspective, is all.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
It amazes me how oblivious you remain—and foible has now joined you—to what either naughtyroad or I have been saying. Sure, the parts have been done, but I aim to put those parts together in a new way, that hasn't been done before, at least that I know of. To produce something original; a finished work that stands apart.
I didn’t say nothing can be good, just that the basic aspects of any story hinge around a handful of plots/scenarios. Lots of games on here are unique enough, and even some of the ones that are ridiculously derivative are still really fun. I myself haven’t played this particular game yet. I learned about it from another thread and came to see what’s what. Looks like a really entertaining game. But from what I’ve read so far, I’ll burn through it really fast, so I’m begrudgingly abstaining from playing until it’s further along. I also hate getting into a game and then seeing it die. Where the Hell are all the awesome games that are finished?!?! Most all of the games I come across that I find interesting are abandoned or SUUUUPER slow!! Lol. (I don’t expect anyone to tell me about finished games, it was a rhetorical musing. You obviously don’t know my tastes and I don’t want to burden you with suggesting games. Part of the fun for me is the browsing and reading a lot of the threads)

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
It amazes me just how much you want this discussion to turn ugly. We are all saying the same shit because it's common sense, but you want to pretend to be right while I am wrong. I can assure you that you are not smart enough to pull this off. Everything I said is 100% correct. Everything has been done before.

• Haha
Reactions: Wonko_the_Sane*

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
It amazes me just how much you want this discussion to turn ugly. We are all saying the same shit because it's common sense, but you want to pretend to be right while I am wrong. I can assure you that you are not smart enough to pull this off. Everything I said is 100% correct. Everything has been done before.
You misunderstand. I don't think I'm right and you're wrong. I think you're so focused on your idea that other perspectives are ignored.
Your accusation is actually pretty funny when you go on to declare that "Everything I said is 100% correct." lol Who's insisting they're right and the other wrong?
I've never seen LoML done by anyone else. Declaring "everything has been done" is silly.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
You misunderstand. I don't think I'm right and you're wrong. I think you're so focused on your idea that other perspectives are ignored.
Your accusation is actually pretty funny when you go on to declare that "Everything I said is 100% correct." lol Who's insisting they're right and the other wrong?
I've never seen LoML done by anyone else. Declaring "everything has been done" is silly.
If you want to continue believing that everything is unique/different/special I am not going to try and stop you. Ignorance is bliss after all.

• Haha
Reactions: Wonko_the_Sane*

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Ah yes the "bears" from the ignore list

If everything has been done before we can wrap this entire thing up and tell the entire world to stop invent stuff cause our ancestors did already. Can you imagine Aristoteles on a skateboard and listening to lady gaga on his ipad back in the day?

And boy oh boy if Einstein never came up with the stuff he did how fucked would this world be atm?

Oh and J.K Rowling who wrote "Harry Potter" bet that would have gone awesome if the publishers told her "Nah it was already done write something else"

Absolutely ridiculous what this dude writes. Ready a trebuchet.... oh wait... that was also already done.....

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes