naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Why the replays of scene in the gallery have no dialogues?
(...)
I am pretty sure naughtyroad replied to this - somewhere - but I can't seem to find it right now. Or, maybe I am on drugs and I am thinking about another dev altogether, lol.
(...)
The gist of it is that there tons and tons of variables tracked for choices made in game, and they all come back in how scenes play out, from stuff like names and labels, preferences or dislikes or stuff you skipped, to some joke you may or may not have made, and the dialog will react to that. You can't easily access those choices outside of a game session where the gallery lives, so the gallery simply can't run that dialog without running into undefined variables, and defaulting isn't an option because it wouldn't be your run and there'd be all these references to things you never did, or did differently.

Trying to come up with a way to have gallery unlocks doing auto-saved saves somewhere in the next update though, so it'll just be a collection of courtesy saves from your lastest play through in the gallery for you to pick, and then it's just playing the regular game with dialog and everything.

Zyeda

Nov 5, 2019
Man I can't stress enough how excited I am for this game to be finished, I downloaded it again after a while and got to experience a lot of the new content all at once and my god I'm loving it. I'm assuming he's going to add a pregnancy route and that alone makes me excited, as much of a degenerate as it makes me seem but I love being able to actually make a family with the characters I become enthralled with. Also I can tell from these comments a lot of people seem to not like the models and I really don't get that.

Yeah they aren't the generic bimbo models EVERYONE uses for these games but they're still fairly attractive, and to be honest are 'more true to life'. Not everyone is a Victoria's secret model so this is a breath of fresh air to me at least.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
as much of a degenerate as it makes me seem but I love being able to actually make a family with the characters I become enthralled with.
Ah a man of culture as well. I raise my glass to you sir.

Also I can tell from these comments a lot of people seem to not like the models and I really don't get that.
Not people. Bears. And they don't have taste anyway so we can ignore their babbling.

Not everyone is a Victoria's secret model.
I wish the bimbo overusing devs would get that "hint" already.

Madpanda

Jul 14, 2021
The gist of it is that there tons and tons of variables tracked for choices made in game, and they all come back in how scenes play out, from stuff like names and labels, preferences or dislikes or stuff you skipped, to some joke you may or may not have made, and the dialog will react to that. You can't easily access those choices outside of a game session where the gallery lives, so the gallery simply can't run that dialog without running into undefined variables, and defaulting isn't an option because it wouldn't be your run and there'd be all these references to things you never did, or did differently.

Trying to come up with a way to have gallery unlocks doing auto-saved saves somewhere in the next update though, so it'll just be a collection of courtesy saves from your lastest play through in the gallery for you to pick, and then it's just playing the regular game with dialog and everything.
Just take care of your health, you don't need to push yourself too much for small things like gallery. As you said your focus is more on story so keep doing that ❤. But seriously this game is so damn interesting thanks again brother .

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Also I can tell from these comments a lot of people seem to not like the models and I really don't get that
I don't get it too, i love those girls, i love their faces, for once we don't have the classic barbie doll the players are used to play with. The first time i played it, it was a bit weird but very quickly i fell in love with them, i guess that the fact that they are not the classic beauty makes them still more attractive!
As i'm quite old, i have got many girls during my life, but the only ones that i really remember clearly are the ones that had the non classic faces, all those generic beauties are just a blur in my mind!

steve000

Mar 12, 2019
View attachment 440312

Overview:
Nearly five years ago, the death of your wife left you in charge of your two young wards. You tried to be the best caregiver you could, but all three of you were scarred and hurt by the sudden loss of the light in your lives. Now your wards have become grown-up adults, and the grief you share has pushed you apart. Will you be able to overcome the barriers of your own making and help your wards rekindle the light in their hearts?

Light of my Life is an adult visual novel about loss and love. Aid and support your wards to help them overcome their hurts and fulfill their dreams, or let the pain you share drive you apart.

Thread Updated: 2022-01-10
Release Date: 2022-01-10
Developer: Naughty Road - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 6 v0.6.4.
Language: English
Other Games: First Contact
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
Note from moderators: Look at sample pics provided.
If it's not your thing, please don't comment about it. We will delete those comments.
Also, time between updates is long, but updates are huge.

DOWNLOAD

Windows/Linux: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD -
Android:
MEGA - WORKUPLOAD -
Mac: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD -
Other: COMPRESSED

Extras: Walkthrough - Italian Translation * (v0.6.2) - Chapter 1 Playthrough

Fan Signs
Wallpapers and fun stuff:

* This unofficial version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 494976 View attachment 494977 View attachment 494974 View attachment 494973 View attachment 294377 View attachment 296160
was Light of my Life abandoned/finished or on pause

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
was Light of my Life abandoned/finished or on pause
Did you read the moderators' note in that OP post you replied to?

Also, look at the top of the page - 6 posts above yours. Or the post 2 above yours that references yesterday's progress chart that is updated weekly by the developer on his discord and copy/pasted here. You should join the discord and interact with the regulars and wave to the developer as he checks in daily there.

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
Did you read the moderators' note in that OP post you replied to?

Also, look at the top of the page - 6 posts above yours. Or the post 2 above yours that references yesterday's progress chart that is updated weekly by the developer on his discord and copy/pasted here. You should join the discord and interact with the regulars and wave to the developer as he checks in daily there.
His input isn't exactly infrequent right here!

Reactions: naughtyroad

ja92313828

Jan 15, 2019
Hi, I have been disconnected for so long of this game. The last scene I played was a BJ to the MC from the OS .

There is no update yet... ¿right?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hi, I have been disconnected for so long of this game. The last scene I played was a BJ to the MC from Macy.

There is no update yet... ¿right?
The scene you are mentioning is while they were in the mountains in Chapter 5. Chapter 6 was released in December, with bugfix in January. Chapter 7 is still several months away from release.

dekeon1969

Jun 27, 2019
Ok, just binge "played/read" this amazing piece of art. OMG! This was w/ out a doubt the absolutely best AVN I have ever come across! The story, the character creation, the sex scenes...all of it; pure magic! NaughtyRoad imho is once again w/ out a doubt one if not the best AVN creator. I can't say enough how much I sooooo completely enjoyed the story. My favorite part was watching the development of the daughters. Watching the silly antics and the heart felt struggles they both endure. The story was superb. I loved how the characters were presented, they weren't made to be super models or untouchable; they were made to be *real*...and they were real...real beautiful. I enjoyed looking at them more than other models in other games. I also enjoyed them being more anatomically correct, "not having ridiculously huge boobs", but cute and perfect. The only thing, and I mean the ONLY thing I would have wanted different was having the oldest have her hair down more...that's it. I thoroughly enjoyed being there for this wonderful adventure. The slow burn with the sex scenes...loved it! I just love how this story will continue to develop in such a wonderful, loving family. Thank you for the pleasure of allowing me to experience your wonderful vision!

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes