• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Ok, just binge "played/read" this amazing piece of art. OMG! This was w/ out a doubt the absolutely best AVN I have ever come across! The story, the character creation, the sex scenes...all of it; pure magic! NaughtyRoad imho is once again w/ out a doubt one if not the best AVN creator. I can't say enough how much I sooooo completely enjoyed the story. My favorite part was watching the development of the daughters. Watching the silly antics and the heart felt struggles they both endure. The story was superb. I loved how the characters were presented, they weren't made to be super models or untouchable; they were made to be *real*...and they were real...real beautiful. I enjoyed looking at them more than other models in other games. I also enjoyed them being more anatomically correct, "not having ridiculously huge boobs", but cute and perfect. The only thing, and I mean the ONLY thing I would have wanted different was having the oldest have her hair down more...that's it. I thoroughly enjoyed being there for this wonderful adventure. The slow burn with the sex scenes...loved it! I just love how this story will continue to develop in such a wonderful, loving family. Thank you for the pleasure of allowing me to experience your wonderful vision!
Yep, agree with all of that. You have impeccable taste my good sir.

today

Oct 7, 2017
The gist of it is that there tons and tons of variables tracked for choices made in game, and they all come back in how scenes play out, from stuff like names and labels, preferences or dislikes or stuff you skipped, to some joke you may or may not have made, and the dialog will react to that. You can't easily access those choices outside of a game session where the gallery lives, so the gallery simply can't run that dialog without running into undefined variables, and defaulting isn't an option because it wouldn't be your run and there'd be all these references to things you never did, or did differently.

Trying to come up with a way to have gallery unlocks doing auto-saved saves somewhere in the next update though, so it'll just be a collection of courtesy saves from your lastest play through in the gallery for you to pick, and then it's just playing the regular game with dialog and everything.
Can't you save the variables to the persistent file? You would be able to access them from the gallery that way.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Can't you save the variables to the persistent file? You would be able to access them from the gallery that way.
Individually store a few thousand vars? And what happens if you mix playthoughs of different paths? You could end up with mutually exclusive values and bork god knows what up. Or get my python wizard hat on and serialize the entire variable dir and deserialize it in the gallery. But then what happens if you play through an old bit and some of those variables haven't been set yet? Lock those gallery entries? Perhaps store a complete dir copy with each gallery entry? God, that might blow up the persisten file if it's all in there in dozens and dozens base64 blobs, who knows what that'll do to boot-up time.

Nah, in the end, what we really need is to load a specific save game which has all the info and context out of the box, so Imma have a look if I can't create a special set of "hidden" saves (e.g. not showing up in the save/load dialog) for each gallery entry, and use those to unlock and play the gallery entries. It all leverages standard ren'py facilities, so that's much less work or risk, hopefully.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Individually store a few thousand vars? And what happens if you mix playthoughs of different paths? You could end up with mutually exclusive values and bork god knows what up. Or get my python wizard hat on and serialize the entire variable dir and deserialize it in the gallery. But then what happens if you play through an old bit and some of those variables haven't been set yet? Lock those gallery entries? Perhaps store a complete dir copy with each gallery entry? God, that might blow up the persisten file if it's all in there in dozens and dozens base64 blobs, who knows what that'll do to boot-up time.

Nah, in the end, what we really need is to load a specific save game which has all the info and context out of the box, so Imma have a look if I can't create a special set of "hidden" saves (e.g. not showing up in the save/load dialog) for each gallery entry, and use those to unlock and play the gallery entries. It all leverages standard ren'py facilities, so that's much less work or risk, hopefully.
Apologies if I'm out of context on what the problem is, I've only read back a few quoted posts. Take a look at the scope argument of the Replay function. It allows you to provide a dict of the variables used with the values to pass into the replay. You could create on replay with a variation, a second with a different variation, and however many you want until you've covered all variations for that replay.

Then maybe set a single persistent variable for each combination to use to lock/unlock each replay. Maybe I'm oversimplifying it - I haven't actually looked at your code. But something to think about.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Apologies if I'm out of context on what the problem is, I've only read back a few quoted posts. Take a look at the scope argument of the Replay function. It allows you to provide a dict of the variables used with the values to pass into the replay. You could create on replay with a variation, a second with a different variation, and however many you want until you've covered all variations for that replay.

Then maybe set a single persistent variable for each combination to use to lock/unlock each replay. Maybe I'm oversimplifying it - I haven't actually looked at your code. But something to think about.
Yeah, I've read about it. It still requires me to provide variables manually though, which I don't wanna do as it's just a whole lot work each entry. If I can get it to work the way I envisioned, unlocking a gallery entry is basically calling something like $renpy.save("galleryentryX"), while showing the entry in the menu and playing it is something like
menu:
"Event X" if renpy.saveexists("galleryentryX"):
$ renpy.load("galleryentryX")

(complete pseudocode of course, I'm making some wild assumptions such statements exist in some form)

Dremel

Sep 24, 2017
So uh...

would have wanted different was having the oldest have her hair down more...
As a layman, How much time in terms of codelines written vs photoshop/editing would adding that ↑ take?
Because if you ask me to choose between an even better gallery or that...I'm kind of leaning to the latter for spending your resources/time. A good or bad gallery is dependent on the content it can provide. Not saying there is enough stuff in there already but come on...read that quote and try to disagree...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
So uh...

As a layman, How much time in terms of codelines written vs photoshop/editing would adding that ↑ take?
Because if you ask me to choose between an even better gallery or that...I'm kind of leaning to the latter for spending your resources/time. A good or bad gallery is dependent on the content it can provide. Not saying there is enough stuff in there already but come on...read that quote and try to disagree...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Heh, you gotta have something in reserve to roll out when you wanna pack a punch. But yeah, I love the loose hairs. For story reasons, it doesn't always make sense, when you're doing chores or going to work or school, an updo, tail or braid is just more sensible as the gals (or guys) with long hair will attest. From a production standpoint, it adds the need to do dforce runs for the hair which take about 15 mins (and I'll usually do on a second daz instance while I continue working on the next image in the first), but often there's some manipulation involved to get it to drape in the right way, and that can be an immense hassle and add serious time to scene production, so that's another reason to keep it for the special moments.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Heh, you gotta have something in reserve to roll out when you wanna pack a punch. But yeah, I love the loose hairs. For story reasons, it doesn't always make sense, when you're doing chores or going to work or school, an updo, tail or braid is just more sensible as the gals (or guys) with long hair will attest. From a production standpoint, it adds the need to do dforce runs for the hair which take about 15 mins (and I'll usually do on a second daz instance while I continue working on the next image in the first), but often there's some manipulation involved to get it to drape in the right way, and that can be an immense hassle and add serious time to scene production, so that's another reason to keep it for the special moments.
Are you saying that a good hairdo is high maintenance and takes a lot of time?

Anyone know the email for naughty's significant other? I'm sure she would love to read that little tidbit for the next time he complains she's taking too long to get ready for a night out! :ROFLMAO:

mondy159

Dec 16, 2018
There's a progress report about this game every week but I'm guessing it's too hard for you to look through previous pages on this thread? Post #10,499. As this was 7 days ago there will be another progress report soon. Join the discord to find out more.
ty:love::love::love:

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes