Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
A rather unexpected thought came to my mind after looking at paintings in a museum on a biblical theme. and the thought is this - if sodomy is a sin-sin, a sin for which the city of Sodom was turned into nothing, then incest is not even such a sin ... hmm, an interesting thought. for otherwise Lot and his daughters would also somehow be eliminated - so I think ... probably this is an awkward moment in the bible from which hypocritical churchmen turn their noses up hehe.
Mmm, a fellow intellectual in this world of smut!

Art and the different scriptures of faith or legend are great sources to set your mind spinning.
Buckets and buckets of images and stories on how and why to do deeds of bad stuff or the opposite.
Morals side by side with immorality.
An infinite gushing spring of ideas have and still are an inspiration for authors and artists of all kinds.

The hardships of man have sometimes made them neglect the morals or other codes of previous generations.
In the case of incest there are numerous examples because WTF are you supposed to do if the only living souls fpr miles around are of close blood relation or deadly enemies.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
A rather unexpected thought came to my mind after looking at paintings in a museum on a biblical theme. and the thought is this - if sodomy is a sin-sin, a sin for which the city of Sodom was turned into nothing, then incest is not even such a sin ... hmm, an interesting thought. for otherwise Lot and his daughters would also somehow be eliminated - so I think ... probably this is an awkward moment in the bible from which hypocritical churchmen turn their noses up hehe.
I had a conversation with a priest about a similar topic. Babylon. Turns out it wasn't the sodomy or the incest that made god go mad and melt the entire city/country down. (Lot wasn't aware what his daughters are doing as he was drunk and not capable of moving on his own anymore)

What we basically debated was the fact that while it is a sin and the archangels are tasked with investigating this city/country (Sodom) the sin itself wasn't the trigger. The chance of repent was given over and over and over again. God sent three angels to sodom and lot in the form of men to find just a few decent men.

But instead half the town gathered and demanded to have sex with the guests of Lot. He refused this and instead offered his daughters to those men which they ignored. After the angels told Lot that they will wipe the city of the face of the earth they also offered AGAIN that Lot can warn and save anyone who is willing to go with him. They all thought Lot was insane or joking.

Rest is history. Lot is a holy man and a prophet who got raped by his daughters. At least that seems to be the common interpretation amongst the religious institutions.

Babylon had a similar fate but was left alone as a warning and they still speculate if the bible described babylon (the city state) in iraq who alexander the great tried to rebuild but died before he could do it or if this was meant towards the rulers of this city state instead who ordered to worship either pagan gods or themselves and build them golden statues of their ancestors and worship them.

Both fascinating topics to have with a priest if you consider the game as a interpretation of those events in modern time.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The sin of Sodom was abuse of the principles of hospitality, something very important to desert and snow bound cultures. According to the Bible, "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen." The association with non-procreative sex (oral and anal), was a later invention by Church Fathers.

The daughters of Lot's children played prominent roles in Biblical stories. On the other hand, Onan, who failed to impregnate his brother's widow in order to give his brother heirs, was struck down.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
and yet the one who said that beauty is a relative concept was right.
take Denise - at first glance, at the beginning of the passage of this VN, it seems ugly.
but over time, as you get to know her, she begins to seem beautiful in her own way. Yes, she has a peculiar but still beauty. her beauty is hidden inside, and having recognized this beauty of the soul, you cannot tear yourself away from admiring her body.
Yes, and Macy - if anyone played in VN "The Guardian" remembers Marcus Mancini's sister Lilith - she also has a rather peculiar beauty. and at first she does not seem at all attractive - some kind of goth girl ...
Macy is somewhat reminiscent of Lilith.

Yes, beauty is a relative term.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)
Rest is history. Lot is a holy man and a prophet who got raped by his daughters. At least that seems to be the common interpretation amongst the religious institutions.
(...)
Tbh, I never much liked the rape interpretation (as God's punishment for Lot's sinful lifestyle after they moved into the cave), it seemed grotesque and reduced the daughters to mindless tools for punishment. I found the Torah interpretation (the daughters thought they were the last people left alive and had to repopulate the world/continue the family bloodline) much more compassionate and relatable.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Tbh, I never much liked the rape interpretation (as God's punishment for Lot's sinful lifestyle after they moved into the cave), it seemed grotesque and reduced the daughters to mindless tools for punishment. I found the Torah interpretation (the daughters thought they were the last people left alive and had to repopulate the world/continue the family bloodline) much more compassionate and relatable.
He was drunk and helpless. That's rape.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Definitely. The alternate modern interpretation would be that being offered to the townspeople excited them so much that they assaulted their father.

• Wow
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019
High level theological discussions in the LoML thread. How about that!

Either this game attract people with an above average philosophical bent, or pervs that know they need to clutch any straw there is in order to save the shriveled dark husk of a soul they may have once possessed.

Now excuse me while I sift through the fireplace ashes for pieces for my "ACME Build-a-soul" kit.
The kit instructions are odd and concerning...

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019

Either this game attract people with an above average philosophical bent, or pervs that know they need to clutch any straw there is in order to save the shriveled dark husk of a soul they may have once possessed.

Now excuse me while I sift through the fireplace ashes for pieces for my "ACME Build-a-soul" kit.
Stop buying that cheap IKEA crap

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019

I heard you get a discount when you buy it together with their Armageddon Trebuchet kit...

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes