alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
On the other hand, Onan, who failed to impregnate his brother's widow in order to give his brother heirs, was struck down.
Even this is misinterpreted in modern religious circles to mean that masturbation is bad, that's not what's happening here.

As you said, it was about not giving his brother heirs, his 'sin' wasn't spilling the seed, it was the context around that spilling of seed.

His 'sin' was greed (because if his brother had no heirs, he stood to inherit his brother's possesions).

I mean, I'm of the opinion that it's all bullshit anyways, but it's interesting to see how those who do 'belive' have NO IDEA what the book that they literally believe was inspired (or occasionally literally written) by the creator of the universe actually says. If I thought that a book contained the literal secrets of the universe, I'd at least read it cover-to-cover once!

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Wile E. Coyote is an idiot. ACME is a terrible company. But do you think he could catch Road Runner with best equipment? Remember; he's an idiot...
Well, as a cartoon character he is immortal, so he just can keep trying (and trying, and trying...)
Besides, even idiots can be successful (although only momentarily luckily enough), but let's not bring politics in this thread.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Well, as a cartoon character he is immortal, so he just can keep trying (and trying, and trying...)
Besides, even idiots can be successful (although only momentarily luckily enough), but let's not bring politics in this thread.
If I remember correctly, he caught RR once or twice, but he was to exicited and RR run away. Or his fantastic equipment blow into his face. Or both...

Reactions: Ru1n

Ru1n

Feb 8, 2021
According to my wife this is called "Marital obligations" from a husband to his wife. Me sleeping does not free me of said obligations..... Yet a headache frees her of any obligations of the marital matter....... :rolleyes:
Put an aspirin at the tip of your dick and ask her which way would she like to take it, orally or anally, enjoy sleeping on the couch.

hasani200

Jul 15, 2018
Wile E. Coyote is an idiot. ACME is a terrible company. But do you think he could catch Road Runner with best equipment? Remember; he's an idiot...
I received the shareholders annual report and the CEO of Acme is aware of the corporate challenges his team faces. He has promised shareholders that the issues will be addressed as soon as his update for LOML arrives... or perhaps a day or two thereafter.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That sounds like an accelerated way to hell... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Depends upon where you point it.
High level theological discussions in the LoML thread. How about that!

Either this game attract people with an above average philosophical bent, or pervs that know they need to clutch any straw there is in order to save the shriveled dark husk of a soul they may have once possessed.

Now excuse me while I sift through the fireplace ashes for pieces for my "ACME Build-a-soul" kit.
The kit instructions are odd and concerning...
I think the game (and thread) selects for such traits. I mean when the AVN takes inspiration from a Biblical story, it just asks for such discussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: InvaderZim

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Even this is misinterpreted in modern religious circles to mean that masturbation is bad, that's not what's happening here.
Thank you Dr. Kellogg (and others) for giving us a world (well, a country) where baby boys were routinely circumcised in order to prevent excessive masturbation (which they felt lead to insanity). I think of it as confusion over cause and effect. I imagine that given the nature of mental institutions, I mean insane asylums at the time, many of the neglected inmates probably played with themselves to provide some stimulus in their lives. 19th Century doctors see this and BAM! Masturbation causes insanity!
As you said, it was about not giving his brother heirs, his 'sin' wasn't spilling the seed, it was the context around that spilling of seed.

His 'sin' was greed (because if his brother had no heirs, he stood to inherit his brother's possesions).
Which brings us back to the sins of Sodom.
Anyway, that's why I usually include giving the brother an heir. I don't usually follow up with "and depriving himself of an inheritance."

Can you imagine modern preachers of "prosperity doctrine," with all their cars, planes, and mansions, actually preaching these accurate messages against greed?

Reactions: InvaderZim

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah, much like how they don't want to mention where Cain's wife came from. The Bible can be a naughty place at times.
I have a neo-pagan friend (Oberon Zell-Ravenheart) who wrote and essay called We Are The Other People, arguing for a general creation of Man and Woman at the same time by Elohim (Gods, plural), then a special creation by YHWH in the garden. As such, only those linked to YHWH's special creation need be concerned with "Original Sin." Someone even made a "Chick Tract" version of the story.

Wonko_the_Sane*

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2021
I have a neo-pagan friend (Oberon Zell-Ravenheart) who wrote and essay called We Are The Other People, arguing for a general creation of Man and Woman at the same time by Elohim (Gods, plural), then a special creation by YHWH in the garden. As such, only those linked to YHWH's special creation need be concerned with "Original Sin." Someone even made a "Chick Tract" version of the story.
Of course, their plural gods go before YHVH...
People. People never change.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes