Legendslayer

Jun 10, 2017
As far as i'm concerned Naughty's process has been transparent from the start. You don't get promised a delivery date until he can actually deliver, compared to what other devs are doing so that would explain the PTSD some of the people here have and the walls of text about "oh this is another dev that is milking his supporters".

He's always been active on this forum and answered every question so it's obviously not an abandoned game. Updates take longer, yes, this sucks but the truth is the game gets bigger, it will take longer from now on, unless he clones himself a few times which will reduce the time considerably.

Sadly, the cloning process is not that advanced yet, so all that remains is to test other similar games on this website or find a productive activity for your time. The wait has been worth everytime, i'm sure this time will be as well!

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
If it goes past June it gets the abandoned tag. 18 months no update = abandoned as far as F95 is concerned.
The abandoned tag could be added immediately and I doubt it would move the needle significantly for supporters of this game. I expect most supporters know naughtyroad takes his time, they know he delivers big updates, and they know he delivers the highest quality content available.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
As far as i'm concerned Naughty's process has been transparent from the start. You don't get promised a delivery date until he can actually deliver, compared to what other devs are doing so that would explain the PTSD some of the people here have and the walls of text about "oh this is another dev that is milking his supporters".

He's always been active on this forum and answered every question so it's obviously not an abandoned game. Updates take longer, yes, this sucks but the truth is the game gets bigger, it will take longer from now on, unless he clones himself a few times which will reduce the time considerably.

Sadly, the cloning process is not that advanced yet, so all that remains is to test other similar games on this website or find a productive activity for your time. The wait has been worth everytime, i'm sure this time will be as well!
There has been so many pages of repeating the same thing about the game's release schedule, and the same arguments over and over. It reminds me a lot early when people repeatedly complained about the appearance of the girls in the game. It went on and on until the mods finally said enough, put the note on the front page/first post and then modded heavily.

Maybe it's time for a repeat of that, this time about the game's release schedule? It would massively suck if Naughty Road ended up being driven off by trolls like some other devs have been lately. And honestly it's getting to the point of being obnoxious going in circles trying tell people the same thing, repeatedly, page after page.

I'm as eager as the next guy for the release, but as has been said ad nauseam, there is no stated release date, there are weekly progress updates posted on discord and here and the game is literally being given away for free (not just pirated).

Dec 16, 2019
Way are people talking about Abandoned tag? It's not a Bluecat situation where nothing was done for over 2 years and lies were just given and people milked for their money. Post on patron are consistent. Last update was a month ago. Just let the Dev go at his own pace and when it gets here it gets here. If you do not like that kind of updating then just ignore the thread and go on with your life. The Dev owe you nothing and the message of a long time between updates has always been there and there has always been a update progression.

I just know I look forward to when it is completed and know I will enjoy it and that is all that really matters.

Progress update from Yesterday to shut up the whiners.

1683231776672.png

hasani200

Jul 15, 2018
Way are people talking about Abandoned tag? It's not a Bluecat situation where nothing was done for over 2 years and lies were just given and people milked for their money. Post on patron are consistent. Last update was a month ago. Just let the Dev go at his own pace and when it gets here it gets here. If you do not like that kind of updating then just ignore the thread and go on with your life. The Dev owe you nothing and the message of a long time between updates has always been there and there has always been a update progression.

I just know I look forward to when it is completed and know I will enjoy it and that is all that really matters.

Progress update from Yesterday to shut up the whiners.

View attachment 2596590
While there certainly is some merit for arguing for say, dropping an update at 8 months rather than 16, calling a game abandoned when the creator posts update announcements is ludicrous. Although I am unable to get on discord anymore I know that the creator's presence there is very regular, just as it is here. That behavior is not found on an abandoned project. NR has always been approachable and communicative with everyone. Yea, its been a LONG wait. But I know that the updates are massive. 6 week updates suck in comparison. I have not been around since CH 1 but have been here long enough to trust this guy. As pointed out, he posts the game here for free. If you insist on throwing shit at him for it, go make your own game. (this is not aimed

hasani200

Jul 15, 2018
While there certainly is some merit for arguing for say, dropping an update at 8 months rather than 16, calling a game abandoned when the creator posts update announcements is ludicrous. Although I am unable to get on discord anymore I know that the creator's presence there is very regular, just as it is here. That behavior is not found on an abandoned project. NR has always been approachable and communicative with everyone. Yea, its been a LONG wait. But I know that the updates are massive. 6 week updates suck in comparison. I have not been around since CH 1 but have been here long enough to trust this guy. As pointed out, he posts the game here for free. If you insist on throwing shit at him for it, go make your own game. (this is not aimed at
Manny necessarily - i think he is speaking reasonably but I agree w DBA and Fiona. --- blah some of my post was cut off . doesnt matter, I meant to say that labeling this game abandoned makes no sense. Anyway, it comes when it comes. Relax, you'll be pleased with the result, no doubt.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Say what?

Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.

Where in that does it say that if an update doesn't drop in 18 months the game gets the abandoned tag even if the dev provides regular progress updates?
That policy is as misunderstood and mis-applied as "NTR."
I'm not sure why this seems to excite some people.
It's some kind of validation. Several blanket posts over several games and the one time it sticks, they can puff out their chests how right they were.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I mean, it has been eons since the update, but like with DeLucca Family, the dev is being absolutely open about it, if you pay for it, and it is too long a wait, stop paying, if you just pirate it here, forget about it or wait for the update.

Of course, I understand just wanting to play a new chapter, not like I don't want that as well, but when a dev says it's done, when it's done, and it will take a long time, there's not really a lot of valid reason to complain, just a lot of entitlement.

Last edited:

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
While there certainly is some merit for arguing for say, dropping an update at 8 months rather than 16, calling a game abandoned when the creator posts update announcements is ludicrous. Although I am unable to get on discord anymore I know that the creator's presence there is very regular, just as it is here. That behavior is not found on an abandoned project. NR has always been approachable and communicative with everyone. Yea, its been a LONG wait. But I know that the updates are massive. 6 week updates suck in comparison. I have not been around since CH 1 but have been here long enough to trust this guy. As pointed out, he posts the game here for free. If you insist on throwing shit at him for it, go make your own game. (this is not aimed
It's not ludicrous at all. 1 year is certainly too long, let alone a year and a half. Too many of the post bullshit like pictures and never update the game. Look at Milky Shitty. I like that the updates are huge, but I'd rather have smaller ones at 6 months or less so I don't almost completely forget what happened before.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
It's not ludicrous at all. 1 year is certainly too long, let alone a year and a half. Too many of the post bullshit like pictures and never update the game. Look at Milky Shitty. I like that the updates are huge, but I'd rather have smaller ones at 6 months or less so I don't almost completely forget what happened before.
Quick reminder: MC prodded Denise's ass and fucked Macy. IMHO: Both events unforgettable.

InvaderZim

Jun 18, 2019
I mean, it has been eons since the update, but like with DeLucca Family, the dev is being absolutely open about it, if you pay for it, and it is too long a wait, stop paying, if you just pirate it here, forget about it or wait for the update.

Of course, I understand just wanting to play a new chapter, not like I don't want that as well, but when a dev says it's done, when it's done, and it will take a long time, there's not really a lot of valid reason to complain, just a lot of entitlement.
I have a slight suspicion that 0% of those that come here to complain are supporting the dev, whereas no one who are supporting him complain.

A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021
The rule is there about the timeline,, as it has been stated ,, we know,,, Naughty knows,, and frankly, I don't care. Most of us don't i think.
Mark it,, don't mark it,,,, don't give a fuck.

Now comparing this to other games saying look at what happened to yadda yadda yadda is a problem,,, Not the same kind of game and sure as shit not the same kind of Dev.

Now had naught been.....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Besides all that, do you really think a dev of a game is going to hurry or cut his plans or updates into pieces because of what a none subscriber wants. Now i know what you are gonna say , i was a subscriber but i stopped and so on.
Truth is Devs loose and gain subscribers all the time specially around release time.

So unless you wanna fork over a huge and i mean huge amount of money i don't think any of us get a say in it.

Now i don't want to point out the biggest flaw in your statement but :
If you don't find the story/game interesting enough to remember it as time passes, what makes you think we or anyone would care that you forgot ??
Replay it if you want ,,, or don't ,,, don't care,, but please stop bitching about it.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
And you are perfectly fine to want this and if you are a patron you can even tell Naughty Road on patreon, but in the end it's no secret that the updates take long and that he takes the time he needs for them.
He prefers it that way, and really, it's up to him how he wants to make his game, just like it is up to everyone else, if they want to support him knowing that this is how it goes.
Everyone knows that's the way it is, so at this point it's really a case of either accept it or look for a different game.
I do get your point, but it's not like he is a milker who strings people along. The people who support him know how he works and how long it takes.
It's maybe not ludicrous, but it is indeed a bit absurd to want a game to be tagged abandoned, when everybody knows it is being worked on and the update will come when the update comes.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
still nothing..?
480 days since last update.
Oh hey, captain obvious, thanks. It's not like the last several pages have a few entitled people already whining for an update and being told by a good number of players, including a moderator, to chill and do something while they wait.

Chill and do something while you wait. It will be released when it's ready. Then we all get to play a game provided for free by the developer when it does.

Read the room before googling "how many days since XXXX" and posting the count.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
It's maybe not ludicrous, but it is indeed a bit absurd to want a game to be tagged abandoned, when everybody knows it is being worked on and the update will come when the update comes.
Sometimes on sites like this it feels like people forget what the point of a tag is in the first place: help people feel specific content, give them correct information about content, etc.

If a tag is misleading or incorrect, you're doing the opposite. "But our arbitrary rules!" ... well, then the rules need improvement. It's not like a bot with no judgement is doing the tags.

But, "whatever". It's just one of those things.

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes