fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
oh a small change at 59
How much time is spent on any given "head" is variable, we don't know which take longer than others. The Dev noted their progress over the past week in descriptive form:

This week in one sentence: with most of the writing and visual design for this next scene done, it's now time to produce the images for it.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I may be rehashing some of the things others already commented on so if so, please forgive.

*disclaimer* I know almost nothing about how renpy works.
Since you can't make a separate gallery mode, would it be possible to make some sort of in-game label jumps, in such a way that you can relive a past scene while staying inside your current game state, and once the scene reaches its ending it would automatically resume to where it jumped from? If this is feasible, it would make it possible to have a 100% functional and fully customized replay system.
Hmm, not entirely. First of all, it'd require you to start up a game to have a gamestate, secondly, jumping to a label would replay the scene with a gamestate that for your current game, not for when that scene was played, or will be played even. Probably wonkyness will ensue.

Uninitialized variables are hardly a problem btw for ren'py, since the good design pattern is to declare all ingame variables with a default statement. The trick is, getting an expected value.

I'm not really sure what that means, but it sounds big :O Like, as you play the game, it will save at certain predefined points which will be utilized by replay gallery or something? I will admit that I wanted to replay that glorious Denise booty scene with dialogue ofc (because it's written so well and it really makes every scene for me, just not the same without it), but unfortunately discovered that I hadn't made a permanent save before that scene. Given the depth and complexity of your game, as much as I love it, kinda killed the mood knowing I had to start a new game again to get to it :( So if your savegame implementation would hypothetically fix that unfortunate situation, that's very good to hear :D
Cheers, that's exactly it. You will need to replay the scene though to get it to create the save in the first place. In case anyone wonders: I'm also planning to leave the old method (setting flags in the persistent store and having the scripted out non-dialog scene) as a fallback for if you don't want to go back and replay but still want access to what's unlocked, so it should be a seamless transition without loss of functionality for veteran players.

(...)
If I was developing a renpy game I'd just say "haha lol, no, suck it" to any kind of save->gallery permanence. I'd wager less than 10% of people even use the gallery and even then only a fraction use the feature more than 5 times. It would be a massive waste of time unless it would be for the fun of making it and then abandoning the feature in the next release.
My original thinking was mostly about of finding a way to get a least effort implementation in, because I do consider it a non-essential feature too. But after a bunch of chapters and more and more entries, even this low effort implementation is getting to be a drag; stripping a 5k+ lines scene scripts of their dialog, and then stripping it to get to a point where it shows enough variation but not have the player click through a hundred emote changes as the girls mime out the entirety of their lines, then getting the zoom and pan and music and other effects tweaked to get something of a nice flow to it, that is a tedious and much too time consuming job (about 8-12 hours each recent release). So I really have my hopes pinned on the save game thing. :D

Edit: After thinking a bit more, a good and easy to implement solution would be to just create a separate save game at certain checkpoints when the gallery event occurs. When loading a gallery scene (save), you'd also set a "gallery = true" variable which would tell the game to exit once reaching another checkpoint.
Then whenever you hit the checkpoint again in a different playthrough, it'll overwrite the gallery scene (save).
(...)
Exactly my thinking, except I won't even bother to create an exit flag either. I figure players can just continue on if the mood strikes them. :D

whooop

Mar 7, 2018
Exactly my thinking, except I won't even bother to create an exit flag either. I figure players can just continue on if the mood strikes them. :D
Could even rebrand the new gallery as "Flashback" and play a stock time travel clip every time you load up one of them... and then as it would be time travel themed then there definitely should be, slightly goofy, alternative ways some of the scenes play out due to time space distortions that keep stacking due to creating new flashback saves by playing onwards from a flashback to the next one. I already hate it so much.

• Haha
Reactions: naughtyroad

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
My original thinking was mostly about of finding a way to get a least effort implementation in, because I do consider it a non-essential feature too.
[...]
So I really have my hopes pinned on the save game thing. :D
I would think most people would create a save just before a certain scene is about to take place, rendering any kind of gallery redundant. Some games even have a prompt for "save now" but I don't think it's even necessary to do that much.

redcap85

Jul 15, 2018
I would think most people would create a save just before a certain scene is about to take place, rendering any kind of gallery redundant. Some games even have a prompt for "save now" but I don't think it's even necessary to do that much.
This game has a lot of scenes. Did a replay about a month ago and did just that. By the end of the current release I was almost out of saves.

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
This game has a lot of scenes. Did a replay about a month ago and did just that. By the end of the current release I was almost out of saves.
If that's true, I wonder if he can just increase the save limit

Last edited:

Southrim

Jun 6, 2017
I don't understand. As far as I know saves are reasonably unlimited like with most Ren'py games. It's just iterating numbers of separate save files in the folder. How did you perceive that you were running out of saves?

Reactions: Temuu and banuma

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
I'm gonna be honest guys & girls I want the mc to lick & eat out Macy & Denises's Buttholes
Oh and also for them to pee on him.
Anyone else want to see that?

Disclaimer - Don't try and pee on me in real life I would be very salty.
You're an odd, but very amusing fellow :LOL: I mean, but yeah, that sounds hot to me; why not, right? Never been into getting my face pissed on (at least I don't think so...), but piss on the cock is fuckin hawt.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes