• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
Has anyone been able to get this to load/run on Android? I have tried to run it 3 times, once being after a restart of the device. All I get is the initial load/title screen.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Used to love this game, but then when I opened this version I got "hey I noticed you skip text, do you only want nudes? oh, fuck you then! *shuts off*" Bro I like both (story and lewds) but at the end of the day I don't come here for lessons and life-changing narratives
Oh, FFS. This is the entirety of that dialog (that's been in there since, oh, chapter 3?), meant to prevent the bombardment of people on this tread complaining about why there were sooo many words in between the tiddy bits, this gaem suchs!

Code:
Before we start: Light of my Life is a visual novel. It's got a ton of dialog, quite a bit of prose. Mercifully little experimental poetry though.
There's also a lot of pictures to go with it, and I try my best to make the writing interesting, or at the very least relevant.
However, if your usual M.O. with these things is to skip through to get to the lewd bits, you won't be getting much fun out of this game.

A: No worries. I enjoy reading. Unless the writing's bad or boring, I'm not planning to skip through it.
->     Great! I'm going to get out of your way then. Enjoy. Oh, and if it's your first playthrough, lose the walkthrough/walkthrough mod if you have it. You really don't need it. (start game)

A: If we're being honest, I don't care about story, I wanna see lewds. I'm probably skipping through most of it.
->     Right... listen, there's a ton of great stuff out there that's much more suited to your playing style. So, how about I save you and me both a lot of frustration?"
    A: Yes please, I don't like frustration.
    ->     No problem at all. Have a good one!
        (quits game, if you boot it back up, it'll pick up the conversation and lets you unlocks the gallery if you want. Starts the rest of the game.
    A: Will you just get out of my way already?
    ->    (offers to unlock the gallery for you instad if you want, starts the rest of the game)
I'm not really one to tell people how to interpret their text, but it's light hearted, friendly, it pokes a bit of fun and gets the fuck out of your way forever once you've answered it. It certainly doesn't say "hey I noticed you skip text, do you only want nudes? oh, fuck you then! *shuts off*", so that's a blatant lie.

Also, you say "Bro I like both (story and lewds)", but given what happen you clearly indicated in the game you didn't. Just chill the fudge out and don't come here whining that it says you don't like words when you yourself picked the option that says "I don't like words."

It's not a lecture whichever way you turn it.

AssRider

Jul 4, 2017
Got it to work on Android. What works for me: compressed version + JoiPlay 1.20.032 (latest Patreon version). After you add the game in JoiPlay, long press and select Settings (change settings for the game). Activate Use Less Memory, Less Updates, Model-Based Rendering and Recompile Scripts. However, I haven't played with the settings, to see which one is not necessary and which is mandatory. Do that yourslf if you're willing to lose an hour or so. It works and that's all I need.
Be warned, depending on your phone you'll wait and stare at a loading screen without doing anything else. About 4 to 5 minutes in my case.

Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
Got it to work on Android. What works for me: compressed version + JoiPlay 1.20.032 (latest Patreon version). After you add the game in JoiPlay, long press and select Settings (change settings for the game). Activate Use Less Memory, Less Updates, Model-Based Rendering and Recompile Scripts. However, I haven't played with the settings, to see which one is not necessary and which is mandatory. Do that yourslf if you're willing to lose an hour or so. It works and that's all I need.
Be warned, depending on your phone you'll wait and stare at a loading screen without doing anything else. About 4 to 5 minutes in my case.
Is there a way to do it just with the .apk install and not have to download and install another app plus add-ons?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
no sex with denmise yet ?
Do you believe everything a stranger says on the internet? If so, I've got a great offer for you - today and today only. I can make you a millionaire, all I need is your tax ID number, your bank account information, the name of the street you grew up on, and your mother's maiden name. Then we'll be set.

LoML has been out only about 3 hours and there's MANY hours of content in the update. They could have speedran the update and just completed (maybe), they could have just answered 3 little questions, or they are pulling your leg.

AssRider

Jul 4, 2017
Is there a way to do it just with the .apk install and not have to download and install another app plus add-ons?
The game apk (~1.8 GB) comes with a serious disclaimer. Seems to be a lottery in terms of functionality. It didn't work for me (got kicked out at the screen calibration option/menu, right after the very long loading screen).

To me, it's much more convinient with JoiPlay. The app and its add-ons do not surpass 100MB and you have them for any Ren'Py, RPGM or flash game. It's a one time install. I can palce the unarchived game on the SD card. Otherwise, you will need at least 5 to 6 GB free on the main phone's memory to install the game and its following updates. I, for one, do not have that much to spare and I don't want it on my phone's memory.

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It's a 2GB APK. Could it be you just have an older device (or one that is more on the budget side rather than the performance side - I mean, I know my phone ain't gonna be able to lift this sucker)?

Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
It's a 2GB APK. Could it be you just have an older device (or one that is more on the budget side rather than the performance side - I mean, I know my phone ain't gonna be able to lift this sucker)?
Possibly, but it has run other large (1.8 gig+) without issues or having to deal with joiplay

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
It doesn't seem related to that. I've got an S9 that ran the last APK fine (less compressed, so also 1.5-2 GB-ish), and it didn't work for this one (which is great in a way, I got myself a reproduction that I can work with). My wife's S22 does work fine, but one of the testers had problems with that model. I've talked with two testers that also have s9's and one of them got it working, the other didn't. Some testers tested on even older devices, where it did work.

So age, model, make, architecture, and resources don't seem to be deciding factors.

Right now my thinking is that there's settings or other apps getting in the way, but I'm not sure. Could also be related to the Gradle build that was upgraded recently for ren'py. Logcat is giving me nothing much (or rather it's giving me a ton of logs but nothing that stands out as a culprit).

I'm gonna be testing a bit more over the weekend and see if I can't pinpoint it but I didn't want to hold up the release on this.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes