RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It's on its way. There's so many hoops to jump through, but right now I'm having fun adding some achievements and I'm really chuffed it's at a stage that that works.
What are you planning on pricing it? This is one of the few VN's I would be willing to spend $25+ on

Gavote

Jun 3, 2017
*Very* advanced, you say. Tell me: how does a very advanced teenager differ from an adult in their writing? (I absolutely refuse to use the phrase "12-year-old teenager". Twelve doesn't have any 'teen' attached to it!!) Logically, the writing of an advanced teenager should be indistinguishable from that of a normal young adult, and that of a very advanced one should scan as that of someone older still. You basically said "Too bad that sometimes the dialogue seems written by a regular adult."
I don't get what your criticism is supposed to mean.
Yeah. So, for reference, I came up through the US public school system. As of fifth grade my vocabulary and writing skills were considered "advanced" for my age (12). Testing that year put my vocabulary at over 25,000 words and my writing style was considered college level... I still wouldn't have had a clue how to write a sex scene, but for the school newspaper I had to remember to "write dumb" (my teacher's wording for remembering to write down to my audience).

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Yeah, I'm baffled and upset by that as well. LomL featured none of the problematic themes I figured, but to be sure I created a version for steam to really reinforce that, but they still declined. Didn't give much clue as to the reasons, so I have no idea what made them decide to give it a pass. Oh well...

Mar 29, 2021
Yeah, I'm baffled and upset by that as well. LomL featured none of the problematic themes I figured, but to be sure I created a version for steam to really reinforce that, but they still declined. Didn't give much clue as to the reasons, so I have no idea what made them decide to give it a pass. Oh well...
I really don't know, but they seems to be triggered the most by the apparent age of the characters, or whether there are schools of a rank lower than colleges or universities mentioned in the game that the characters attend to :rolleyes:
Additionally, considering that the legal age of consent in the State of Washington, where the Valve Corporation's registered office is based, is of 16 years old the complaint is somewhat odd too :unsure:

Anyway, after two years on the store and in the wishlists, the ban now shows how ridiculous their review system is!

Last edited:

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I'm honestly willing to bet that it's Sierra, Mist got shit-canned for Mia, and she looks less "underaged" than Sierra does. (Short girl with small boobs = underaged according to steam.)

oh45

Jul 1, 2017
I've one of those that was holding out for LomL on Steam.

naughtyroad said:
For now it's back to business as usual, starting with stripping out the Steam integration (minimal effort since ren'py's got a very straight forward Steam UI integration, and apart from the achievements, there's nothing to integrate), and get rid of the links to the platform, and then get a final, final build for chapter 7 out the door.
So you'll be updating the regular chapter 7 release with "not Steam" achievements, so folks like me should continue to hold on a little longer for this enhanced LomL?

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
I've one of those that was holding out for LomL on Steam.

So you'll be updating the regular chapter 7 release with "not Steam" achievements, so folks like me should continue to hold on a little longer for this enhanced LomL?
Oh, yeah, if you waited this long. It's all implemented in game, and I even have customized notifications in case there was no connection to the steam client.
Hopefully by the end of the week, but I have to put in one or two enhancements (namely have a distinction between locked and secret achievements, now they all show up without any description unless achieved, but for some, you want the description visible so you know what you need to do, so I need to put that in).

Deathcon1000

Jun 12, 2022
I really want to go on another rant against steam, but I'm honestly not surprised anymore by their complete lack of consistency with their review policies. I was honestly waiting for the steam release before even starting to play this one, so I don't know if there is anything in this VN that hits a gray area or not. Really wish there was an avenue for you, and all the other dev's that were screwed over by steam, to get some sort of recompense for lost revenue due to their malpractice. Maybe all of you that were screwed should get together and kinda do what Chaos Head Noah did, and flood the internet showing off their tactics, as ultimately that one got through after getting hard banned the first time.
Anyways, sorry to hear about this, and all the best in the future. I'll check this out when I have the time.

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
Truly sad news that Steam didn't approve the game. :( Very sorry NR. I'll do my best to figure out another way to give you some support from my end beyond these mere words of encouragement.:coffee::cool:

• Red Heart
Reactions: naughtyroad

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Do I need to play the game to unlock the full gallery? The new scenes are locked for me.
The gallery system now works of off automatic saves that are triggered when the scene starts, which means you have to play through the game to see it unlocked.

It's a system that gives users what they've been asking for for a while (reactive dialog during a gallery scene), and saves me a few days of work creating gallery versions of the scenes, so win-win as far as I'm concerned.

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes