The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
As Story Teller or Dev its your field day.
ONLY If I'm absolutely compelled to told that story and not, you know, some different story.
And I can't think a group more adversarial that a handuful of gals that have their sights one the same guy.
Really, IRL I would absolutely want to be outside nuke range (40 Km according to NATO guidelines) when such a situation arises.

You have endless options / Ok not endless,
LOL, you're right: definitely not endless. Actually I can think only half a dozen types of believable cuckqueen characters before I start to default to ones that act like normal human beings.

And I'd suggest that we stop to derail this thread, as I saw moderators starting razing everything to the ground and salting the ruins for much less OT.

Reactions: Kadajko

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Letting rape slide is not cool. Imagine reverse, a female princess is being rescued by a court warlock but then he ties her up with magic and fingers her pussy before sending her to fulfil her destiny. It's super easy to not include this scene - prince says ''no'' she says ''ok'' and you just skip further. I am super tired of male MC's being sluts that any female can touch or fuck and rape whenever they please, let us have a choice. I want to have a nice romance with Guin.
That sounds hot. Men are supposed to be sluts anyway.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
100% agreed!

Sometimes if its written right, an encounter that I usually don't enjoy suddenly becomes fascinating.

BUT with that said I also found this way, that I have some red lines - for instance NTR... Apparently it seems unnatural to me...
at the same time, I understand that different folks have different strokes, and more power to them.
Unnatural is a very profound concept that cannot be explored here (it is not a suitable place), but I believe that, in the planet of fiction anything can be defined as such (fiction itself is), it means that: what excites you in fictional world may not excite you in the real world, indeed it often happens and in this case it becomes a moment of healthy escape from the usual routine (like a recharge for the batteries), but what excites you in the real world and feedback in the fictional world if fail to share it will destabilize you.
In short, in a fictional environment, where you are not personally involved, it is easy to enjoy yourself as a spectator without sharing anything if the story falls within your standards, as long as you are not allergic to the immersion that such an event can cause.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Not sure about this one, the quality is really good, and Gwen is super cute, but the quests when there is no sandbox are odd, and I laughed my ass off at the cabin we fix up, by somehow making it now even the same building, it goes from flat on the ground made of bricks, to raised with concrete walls, and the story is iffy at best, we couldn't kill the demon thing, but now we go back with no more experience and hope to do what, get our ass kicked and run like a bitch again.

Pissed even if you reject the witch you are still forced to have her jerk you off, like fuck off why am I being forced to do stuff with a bitch who is clearly up to her neck in setting all this up.
So you played v0.11?
there's an option there to avoid the encounter with her if that's what you wanted.
also the prologue was mainly a linear experience, so the journal is just to get used to the mechanic.
later in episodes 2 and 3, there will be sandbox sections where you can select what to do, and which order etc.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Unnatural is a very profound concept that cannot be explored here (it is not a suitable place), but I believe that, in the planet of fiction anything can be defined as such (fiction itself is), it means that: what excites you in fictional world may not excite you in the real world, indeed it often happens and in this case it becomes a moment of healthy escape from the usual routine (like a recharge for the batteries), but what excites you in the real world and feedback in the fictional world if fail to share it will destabilize you.
In short, in a fictional environment, where you are not personally involved, it is easy to enjoy yourself as a spectator without sharing anything if the story falls within your standards, as long as you are not allergic to the immersion that such an event can cause.
I believe what Joubei means when he says unnatural is that NTR is the kink that he steers away from and because of that this game will not have it especially since he will not be able to write good NTR polt/story. I mean he will definitely better off writing story that he personally enjoys. Although he understands that others like it, he just won't be able to deliver even if he tries (more or less).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Freki.g and Joubei

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
I believe what Joubei means when he says unnatural is that NTR is the kink that he steers away from and because of that this game will not have it especially since he will not be able to write good NTR polt/story. I mean he will definitely better off writing story that he personally enjoys. Although he understands that others like it, he just won't be able to deliver even if he tries (more or less).
For sure I would not enjoy it one bit, Seeing my girl(/s) with someone else is just... not fun.

But yeah, there is no bad or good kink, its just different people enjoy different things, and as the saying goes "diversity is the spice of life" - you know each their own. (both IRL and fantasy).

In this case, I welcome people into my own fantasy, and hope people will love it here as much as I do,
There is plenty of variety, so hopefully each one can find something they like.

Episode 2 will bring many interesting new opportunities.
We're working on it full speed now.

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
So you played v0.11?
there's an option there to avoid the encounter with her if that's what you wanted.
also the prologue was mainly a linear experience, so the journal is just to get used to the mechanic.
later in episodes 2 and 3, there will be sandbox sections where you can select what to do, and which order etc.
What exactly do you mean by sandbox?
How do you intend to use it in the game?

Free roam, point of click, missions, these are all things that break the flow of the story.
If you have such a plan, I hope it can be avoided.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
What exactly do you mean by sandbox?
How do you intend to use it in the game?

Free roam, point of click, missions, these are all things that break the flow of the story.
If you have such a plan, I hope it can be avoided.
I mean, you'll have the choice to go to mission a or mission b or mission c, according to your preference.

This is how we design a sandbox.

we place what we call "narrative bubbles" and you can roam wherever you'd like according to the order that you'd like.

BUT then we have what we call a bottleneck, which means only if you finish mission a+b+c then mission D would be available.
and this might be collecting some ingredients from mission a, b, and c, to create some type of a key to start mission d.

Sandbox, is just a way to describe you decide the order of missions, not an actual space where you can go.

THEN AGAIN - different studios may call the same thing in different names, so you tell me.

Also - point and click is a pixel hunt, and its not so much what we have here... its also why I removed that tag.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
You can't make a super jealous LI for example, but Super jealous is generally not healthy Harem or not.
Wanting your partner to be monogamous with you is healthy.

Possessiveness is bad
Why don't you follow your own advice and be ok with your LI's romancing another dude? I am not saying it would be an old disgusting drunk that treats them like a whore, it would be another young attractive dude, who is a very nice person and would treat them right and with respect, who would really love them, you could be friends with that dude, you would all be in a healthy poly-relationship.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
So no consequences at all for cheating?
All I can say is... If you played The Witcher 3 (great game), and went with both Yennifer and Triss, and they find out about it, well they are not too happy about it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But the game goes on, and you still have missions with both.

It's tricky for sure, but in the end it really depends on the LI, each has their own personality.
Some are more open minded, other old fashioned.

At the beginning phase where you "fool around" and explore possibilities you can date whoever you'd like, its only an issue once it starts to get more serious, deeper into the game.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
All I can say is... If you played The Witcher 3 (great game), and went with both Yennifer and Triss, and they find out about it, well they are not too happy about it.

It's tricky for sure, but in the end it really depends on the LI, each has their own personality.

At the beginning phase where you "fool around" and explore possibilities you can date whoever you'd like, its only an issue once it starts to get more serious, deeper into the game.
That would be great to have The Witcher level of 'tension' (sorry not sure what is the best choice of words here), like even without Triss, Geralt Yenn romance is not 'easy' on itself. But yeah, not hoping that it will be replicated or copied exactly, but good enough to know there will be consequences for the MC's action.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
One thing I noticed was the the addressing of the Queen by the MC was somewhat inconsistent (Your Grace, My Queen, etc.) and also her relationship to the MC was left unclear. Maybe that's some remnant from the same fix that change Gwen from sister to betrothed. But while Gwen's relationship to MC was made clear via dialogue and the MC-s own thoughts, I still don't know who the Queen is. I guess not MC-s mother. Is she the second wife of the king after MC-s mother died or something? I also don't know her name. Was it mentioned? Her lines are only tagged with Queen. I think it would be nice to change that to Queen XY or similar.
I wrote the Queen as such on purpose, it will later on become clear, in other events and conversations about it.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Wanting your partner to be monogamous with you is healthy.

Why don't you follow your own advice and be ok with your LI's romancing another dude? I am not saying it would be an old disgusting drunk that treats them like a whore, it would be another young attractive dude, who is a very nice person and would treat them right and with respect, who would really love them, you could be friends with that dude, you would all be in a healthy poly-relationship.
Jesus Christ we get it seeing a single fictional character get all the fictional pussy to themselves is the most horrible thing in the world for you. Go seek therapy for it or something.

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022

so will you lose a love interest or some if you get caught cheating? or if the girl is not more open minded?
idk how I feel about it. I don't mind consequences i think every game should have a form of it based on your decisions AS LONG AS IT'S NOT NTR but you get what i mean.

but can you lose a LI and will that close her route? or can you try to fix it and make her more accepting if you playing a harem semi harem way where you can romance all the girls?

I don't want you to spoil your game just a little infro on consequences.
I never played the witcher so kinda lost lol.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
so will you lose a love interest or some if you get caught cheating? or if the girl is not more open minded?
idk how I feel about it. I don't mind consequences i think every game should have a form of it based on your decisions AS LONG AS IT'S NOT NTR but you get what i mean.

but can you lose a LI and will that close her route? or can you try to fix it and make her more accepting if you playing a harem semi harem way where you can romance all the girls?

I don't want you to spoil your game just a little infro on consequences.
I never played the witcher so kinda lost lol.
I added a video link to show what happened in the Witcher, hehe, totally worth the few minutes.

No, here the only way the rout closes with one of the characters here is IF you personally stop perusing it.
The next encounter depends only on you completing the previous one. You might need to do the proper dialogue choices to get to the next relationship level.

and again NO NTR!

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
I added a video link to show what happened in the Witcher, hehe, totally worth the few minutes.

No, here the only way the rout closes with one of the characters here is IF you personally stop perusing it.
The next encounter depends only on you completing the previous one. You might need to do the proper dialogue choices to get to the next relationship level.

and again NO NTR!
k thanks for the response.

I like how active you are in the thread and answering everyones questions and concerns.

GOOD LUCK ON THE GAME!!!

look forward to more.

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes