Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am thoroughly impressed, with both how you deduced all these, and reading the code no less!

Ok I'll try to answer what I can without spoiling too much - I will however hide it in a spoiler warning non the less.

Hope these answers your questions, please feel free to ask more, I'll divulge what I can.

Keep in mind the entire screenplay and storyboard for season 1 was complete before the first render. :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Curiosity got the better of me so I decided to dig through some of the files, and I'm left with more excitement and a few more questions. Everything will be hidden behind a spoiler tag due to what I assume are major spoilers for season 1 and the overall direction of the story.

Overall I'm thoroughly impressed with just how much of the story is completed. It's given me more confidence in supporting you and your team on Patreon. While I'm no expert at the Python language, I think Sancho1969 will appreciate the rather clean file structure and code if he decides to develop a multi-mod for the season 1 release.
Got a bit caught up enough with other updates to get this one going so I wouldn't let it slip again. I quickly realized that I had to dust off and break out the PhShop to create new buttons and page labels (I just couldn't let the standard SanchoMod button go this time, it looked too out of place regarding aesthetic). Spent this afternoon hooking in the lastest Core and working the main UI. Hit some bumps but always do during UI work since matching aesthetic and placements are a priority. I haven't even played past the very first in-game choice so I hope all goes well as I've already sunk some hours into 'er. A few teasers for shits and giggles:

Still no promises as doing this proper takes a bit of time to setup. I'll have to actually play a bit soon so I don't later find that I'm shooting myself in the foot and putting the cart before the horse. Now, time for an adult beverage refill and get back to it. Regards.

Edit: Disregard the previous slight SanchoMod button size difference, that was a coding bork, not a photoshop one and has been sorted. The teaser pics have been replaced with the corrected screenshots.

Last edited:

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
I hope you're aware that the tags presented in the thread are the ones players hope to find in the game once they play it right away, not in the future. That's why many developers make a separate "planned tags" list.

I'm sure your intentions are nothing but good, but if you view it from the perspective of a new player it comes off as false advertising.
Fixed, and moved to the future tags.

Reactions: MrJay

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Joubei Hey bud, you and I need an End Replay button. I need a hover and idle variant for the gallery I've added (see edited post here for new teasers):
1675715423508.png
Can you hook me up with two new UI images for that rather than me hack a button together like I did with the SanchoMod button (mine doesn't replicate your buttons exactly of course)? Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: -L-L-MJ- and Tinuss

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Joubei Hey bud, you and I need an End Replay button. I need a hover and idle variant for the gallery I've added (see edited post here for new teasers):
Can you hook me up with two new UI images for that rather than me hack a button together like I did with the SanchoMod button (mine doesn't replicate your buttons exactly of course)? Regards.
Absolutely! let me find one for you.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1675719734062.png
Weekly Update #17
This week we integrated scenes 5, 6 and 7,
and worked on scenes 2, and 3 of episode 4.
1675719899084.png
Weekly Update #16
This week we worked on scenes 6, 7 and 8 - rendering,
implementation and polishing! We are halfway into
This week we worked on scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9 for episode 2.
The missions in this episode
1675719932715.png

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
View attachment 2371551
Weekly Update #17
This week we integrated scenes 5, 6 and 7,
and worked on scenes 2, and 3 of episode 4.
View attachment 2371559
Weekly Update #16
This week we worked on scenes 6, 7 and 8 - rendering,
implementation and polishing! We are halfway into
This week we worked on scenes 6, 7, 8 and 9 for episode 2.
The missions in this episode
View attachment 2371560
Ohh thanks, there is a tiny typo there.... I'll fix it,

We worked on ep3 level design

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked is coming...

SanchoMod (coming very soon)

Jubei has first access to the public release candidate. I'll write up the mod's new thread for submittal for admin approval as usual. Just be kind with your assessments, it's a real SanchoMod but it's basically a foundation in it's current form since the VN is in Prologue/Initial release form currently.

I'll make a new post once the mod is fully bench tested, uploaded to services, and a new mod thread created and approved for public viewing.

Regards as always.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents (includes new Core v7):
Tainted - MultiMod Edition (v0.11)
Tainted_SM_Cover1.jpg

Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Mentions: slick97 Crazy_Chicken87

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I am not trying to be an ass, but no, I mean it's enjoyable but at this point of the game a mod is about as much needed as an adult needs to know how to use toilet paper.
While that may very well be... new releases allow me to mature the mod more specifically and intimately with the VN as it grows and matures. Sometimes I truly enjoy hotrodding a vehicle while it's in the process of being created rather than restomodding a completed project. Plus it gives me more time to support a developer that I find promising. That's my take for what it's worth.

Regards, the above post has your toilet paper.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joubei

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Wow that was fast. I'm honestly convinced Sancho is a cyborg at this point. In all seriousness, it's pleasant to see Joubei officially supporting the mod as it's my go to for subsequent playthroughs (gotta hit that 100% in progress!).

There's also quite a bit to dissect in Joubei's response to my queries, but I honestly wasn't expecting I'd uncover that much. First off; over over 1600 scenes in just the first two episodes? That's absolutely insane considering there's still another two episodes left with a massive progression in story. Assuming episode 3 follows the same trend as episode 2 - and an educated guess as to the length of episode 4 - we're looking as 2800+ to 3200+ total renders for a season 1 release, which is beyond impressive! That file download is going to hurt though...

The rest of my response is going behind a spoiler tag since a few visiting this thread might appreciate going in with a blind experience.
This is shaping up to be an intriguing addition to the upper echelon of AVNs as I've never really seen someone with over a decade of experience in the game development world publish one. Here's a promise: if you manage to surpass 1k Patrons, I'll ship whatever alcohol is your favorite to your P.O. box for a celebration (just keep it under $200 USD please... lol).

• Red Heart

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wow that was fast. I'm honestly convinced Sancho is a cyborg at this point. In all seriousness, it's pleasant to see Joubei officially supporting the mod as it's my go to for subsequent playthroughs (gotta hit that 100% in progress!).
:ROFLMAO: I likely would have been able to finish it sometime Saturday but I took this last weekend 100% off from coding (I had to get my accounting square after the assortment of property taxes I deal with annually, IRL responsibilities come first). The time it takes when porting to a new VN is always the UI placement (I'm particular to aesthetic and graphics/interfaces take time to place and code exactly) and hooking in all the hundreds of functions of the mod to the VN's core code. I know this will bite me in the ass in the future since Jubei didn't lay any groundwork for any variables or complex conditionals yet. This is how I personally get in a developers head, once you see how they work I can update rather quickly but in this case I'm completely blind to date.... I have a feeling this could be another "Rovering to Sussex" which has some very complex code and always a challenge. We'll see, but I like the foundation this VN is built on in this Prologue stage so far.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joubei and slick97

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021

There's also quite a bit to dissect in Joubei's response to my queries, but I honestly wasn't expecting I'd uncover that much. First off; over over 1600 scenes in just the first two episodes? That's absolutely insane considering there's still another two episodes left with a massive progression in story. Assuming episode 3 follows the same trend as episode 2 - and an educated guess as to the length of episode 4 - we're looking as 2800+ to 3200+ total renders for a season 1 release, which is beyond impressive! That file download is going to hurt though...

The rest of my response is going behind a spoiler tag since a few visiting this thread might appreciate going in with a blind experience.
This is shaping up to be an intriguing addition to the upper echelon of AVNs as I've never really seen someone with over a decade of experience in the game development world publish one. Here's a promise: if you manage to surpass 1k Patrons, I'll ship whatever alcohol is your favorite to your P.O. box for a celebration (just keep it under $200 USD please... lol).
Haha, fantastic!!!! Appreciate the support!

EP4 is the obligatory scene and denouement so it will be significantly shorter, should be similar to ep1 about 400 renders or so.
1675778167123.png

I was also thinking to maybe release partial episodes to keep the buzz going i.e. v0.1.5 for instance, to shorten the releases.
but polish before a release is a toll, so I'm still pondering, so I'll release every 400-600 renders give or take.
Also I consider renders as cuts, and each location as a scene, I guess it's also a force of habit.

I'd love to hear from the community what they think.
Bigger / fuller content releases that take longer vs shorter time between releases with less content - for instance after each action mission and story mission.

Thank you for the offer!
My favorite is actually Beluga Vodka, not that expensive :D
1675781607712.png

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1676121867356.png
MC: JaJA, hop into my bed, dear, I will be on the edge watching you all night, unless ...
JaJa: No, handsome, we share. I never was much of a damsel in dsitress and won”t start now.
MC: Sharing it is, dream girl. Here, lemme help you outta that breast plates.
JaJa: Start lower, I am feeling a draft on my bum, could use a warm up right about now.

• Haha

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1677073042943.png

Weekly Update #19

Devs get ever more Ready for the brand-new update.
This week continued focusing on episode 2 rendering and implementation and testing

1677073107626.png

Weekly Update #18

Devs itched Ready for another Tainted Update.
This week was worked on finishing up the rendering, implementing, and polishing
1677073072681.png

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes