The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Tainted is a fantasy adult Visual Novel (VN) where you play a prince that has his life turned upside down when a demon worshiping cult takes over his land, forcing him out of his castle to a life of exile.
I'll be damned if that didn't turn out to be a seriously common plot for fantasy AVNs lately.
Well, back to my task to find an artist that's both half as skilled as Jubei and willing to produce some renders instead of just excuses. :cautious:

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Overall a good start, nice renders, music is a bit boring, but ok, english is good, conversations feel real, even if a bit short.

BUT

Don't give me choices if they change nothing or nearly nothing.
Don't give me quests if they are auto-solved anyway.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is the life of Harry lately ... lost his prince shtick, his pa got the throne,
his brother got the 1st in line heirs and his babe made him this separation movie.
The lost heir vibes
I'll be damned if that didn't turn out to be a seriously common plot for fantasy AVNs lately.
Well, back to my task to find an artist that's both half as skilled as Jubei and willing to produce some renders instead of just excuses. :cautious:
Dev sure knows how to sell their game. Will if it meets expectations.
Not gonna lie, not a fan of MC getting raped, atleast let me bash Jezzabells head in after she lets me go.
What is a former prince to be left out there to do rather than fight the Jezebel in his head?

vogelbeest

Jan 9, 2021
"good luck out there, be carful, i mean it!" just before Gwen has her swordfight.... (carful = careful)

Bit weird to see 2 totally different sword style users in the ring, Gwen's style is about a light sword (fence) that is based on fast cutting and striking from distance while using evasion and swiftness to not get hit, the knight with his (broad)sword is armored (around 30-35 kg armor) so his style is getting as much impact with his strikes to still inflict hurt on armored opponents.
Missing the shield on him too..... sword and board style ;) ... But okay, it's clearly fantasy so you can get away with some...

Kinda missed talking to the king after the tournament, of course the others are more interesting, but he's your father and the king so why ignore him?
Also got the impression Jezzebel was scheming, so was kinda surprised she saved MC, didn't like the forced sex with her btw, so far she didn't give me any reason to be interested in her, mostly she gave me the feeling i should watch out for her and she eating grapes and ignoring MC didn't give me any better vibes tbh lol. Still not convinced she is one of the good guys b.t.w.
The inner voice is another thing i'm not really sold on yet... so far i only think it's an annoying invasive factor, but i count on getting more insight on the voice and that weird dream later in the story i guess...

But overall there's potential enough to be an interesting fantasy game, good looking characters, interesting story...
Will follow this and good luck!

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Overall a good start, nice renders, music is a bit boring, but ok, english is good, conversations feel real, even if a bit short.

BUT

Agreed. It's a good start. Nice graphics, moderately good animation, music and entertainment value. Story is a little generic but, hey, there are only so many stories to tell and the proof is in the telling. That said; I'm hoping the storytelling improves. It's not terrible but hopefully will gain some polish with time. I agree with the critique on choices and "faux sandbox". I don't like sandbox anyway so, please don't simulate it on my account. :)

Overall, I think this is worth following for now.

Reactions: battali0n

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Look at this with some lee way, shall we? Even R.R. Martin, despite that he wrote the books and he still does
brain storming with the producers of the thrones series to bring them out into the small screen for everyone to compare their immaginations to the ideas his own immagination brought forth this year or the next.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Well, I guess we'll have to see if the dev shows up at f95 and can explain what the "and more" is :KEK: because after reading the dev notes I don't know what to expect from this game.
The story and scene transition is bad.
First thank you so much for playing, and your excellent feedback.

1. More = demons, drow, kistune, supernatural, gods, angels etc.
Basically a cool fantasy game, with lots of variety.
some will be in season 1, others will be in season 2.

2. Bit about the sister on patreon - fixed - another slip, in the game she's your betrothed from a very young age, and your best friend.

3. At this point in the story, you were not the target for the demons, so they were not interested in you, as the prince is a spoiled brat, it will get clear later on, but he was supposed to survive this.

4. Also could you expand on that line where you said story and scene transition is bad?

5. and maybe join the and discuses?

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021

BUT

Hi
Thanks for your feedback!!!

The prologue is on purpose short and sharp, most of the choices are to introduce you to the mechanics of it,
but its mainly a linear story at this point.
Especially with the witch after the attack, where its supposed to show full panic mode - tons of questiosn in your head, but she's ignoring you.

Later on we'll have serious choices with consequences that will effect your relations with your companions, and effecting the direction of the story - i.e. more branching. But all these come at a inflating production costs, so most branches will consolidate after a little or longer whiles. Season 2, will have much more and longer branching options.

Join the , we'll have plenty of discussions there.

Last edited:

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Not gonna lie, not a fan of MC getting raped, atleast let me bash Jezzabells head in after she lets me go.
Funny that you mention, the first draft was just that,

BUT I got an overwhelming response to let it slide, especially in the complete panic mode he was in,
and the witch a practical experienced woman, and the prince is just a man after all, so fastest way for a reset...

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes