Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
I like the one on horseback better because it's a closeup and has a cute facial expression. JMO
You're right, but you're also very familiar with the game, so it makes sense to you.

In the horse one, we're missing the adventure and mystery,

In the shot temple we have, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance and Mystery.
I mean it's pretty sexy pose no?

also what do you think of the title? I changed the graphics a little to make it more visible in the tiny space
the final is only 460x215

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
You're right, but you're also very familiar with the game, so it makes sense to you.

In the horse one, we're missing the adventure and mystery,

In the shot temple we have, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance and Mystery.
I mean it's pretty sexy pose no?

also what do you think of the title? I changed the graphics a little to make it more visible in the tiny space
the final is only 460x215
She has a nice expression in this one too but, it's harder to see. Maybe you could move her into the foreground a little more? The temple shot is blurred so much that it doesn't come across the way you intend (sorry, my opinion only). Blur it a little less and I think the idea you intend will come through. Love the title text... Maybe just a little color tint at one edge or some other effect to make it stand out even more? Just some thoughts for you.

Reactions: Joubei

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So .. .three poses of the same valkirie and another.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1683384454037.png
Joubei,
Just use this hottie: she is yet to be throbbed by your loyal fans, already hardcore gamers of your game,
and also a mistery to everyone new. We can see her beauty and her blind horse riding chops.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021

As we're getting closer and closer to the steam release, I had long talks with the marketing consultants,
and well our game needs to get a "marketing facelift"!

We'll need to upgrade our thumbnail (capsule) and... Name!
Yes it shocked me as well, but seems that Tainted is not as obvious or sexy as it should be... :eek:
So first we'll have a poll to find our name, then our icon girl, then our capsule (thumbnail).

This is the current direction:

So the new name needs to be sexy, enticing, familiar, mysterious and also be tightly connected to our story.
As you can probably see Lilith checks the box on many of our needs, she's sexy, famous, mysterious, and has her own agenda that is the central drive on the story.

After a long brainstorming session we've come up with with a few options and I'd love to hear your opinion:
  1. Lilith Rising
  2. Lilith's Blade
  3. Lilith's Wrath
  4. Lilith's Legends
  5. Lilith's Conquest
  6. Lilith's War
  7. Lilith's Revenge
  8. Age of Heroines
  9. Tale of Heroines
  10. Heroine's Rising
  11. A Maiden's Hero
  12. Maiden's Blade
  13. The Princess' Knight
  14. The Princess' Tale
  15. Princess' Blade
  16. Heroines' Quest
  17. Tainted
  18. Other? (give us your suggestions)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: FatGiant

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022

As we're getting closer and closer to the steam release, I had long talks with the marketing consultants,

Yes it shocked me as well, but seems that Tainted is not as obvious or sexy as it should be... :eek:
So first we'll have a poll to find our name, then our icon girl, then our capsule (thumbnail).

So the new name needs to be sexy, enticing, familiar, mysterious and also be tightly connected to our story.
As you can probably see Lilith checks the box on many of our needs, she's sexy, famous, mysterious, and has her own agenda that is the central drive on the story.

After a long brainstorming session we've come up with with a few options and I'd love to hear your opinion:
  1. Lilith Rising
  2. Lilith's Blade
  3. Lilith's Wrath
  4. Lilith's Legends
  5. Lilith's Conquest
  6. Lilith's War
  7. Lilith's Revenge
  8. Age of Heroines
  9. Tale of Heroines
  10. Heroine's Rising
  11. A Maiden's Hero
  12. Maiden's Blade
  13. The Princess' Knight
  14. The Princess' Tale
  15. Princess' Blade
  16. Heroines' Quest
  17. Other? (give us your suggestions)

Thanks in advance.
How about

• Haha

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

1. Lilith Rising
  2. Lilith's Blade
  3. Lilith's Wrath
  4. Lilith's Legends
  5. Lilith's Conquest
  6. Lilith's War
  7. Lilith's Revenge
  8. Age of Heroines
  9. Tale of Heroines
  10. Heroine's Rising
  11. A Maiden's Hero
  12. Maiden's Blade
  13. The Princess' Knight
  14. The Princess' Tale
  15. Princess' Blade
  16. Heroines' Quest
  17. Other? (give us your suggestions)

Thanks in advance.

I could go on...

hitmebaby

Apr 22, 2022

1. Lilith Rising
  2. Lilith's Blade
  3. Lilith's Wrath
  4. Lilith's Legends
  5. Lilith's Conquest
  6. Lilith's War
  7. Lilith's Revenge
  8. Age of Heroines
  9. Tale of Heroines
  10. Heroine's Rising
  11. A Maiden's Hero
  12. Maiden's Blade
  13. The Princess' Knight
  14. The Princess' Tale
  15. Princess' Blade
  16. Heroines' Quest
  17. Tainted

Thanks in advance.

'Tainted' is good. Marketing ppl are full of shit.

Silentdeath8

Nov 3, 2017
I have to agreed with the older post writing about MC behavior/mental.
If i have understand right you wanted a self-centric brat who run at the 1st sound steel's clashes who will rise-up to become a somewhat normal humain behing...

According to you i would have expected to see a Joffrey Lannister instead of a Jon Snow...

Last edited:

nzn

Aug 9, 2019

1. Lilith Rising
  2. Lilith's Blade
  3. Lilith's Wrath
  4. Lilith's Legends
  5. Lilith's Conquest
  6. Lilith's War
  7. Lilith's Revenge
  8. Age of Heroines
  9. Tale of Heroines
  10. Heroine's Rising
  11. A Maiden's Hero
  12. Maiden's Blade
  13. The Princess' Knight
  14. The Princess' Tale
  15. Princess' Blade
  16. Heroines' Quest
  17. Tainted

in conclusion weather or not you need to change the name and to what would strongly depend on factors currently unknown to us here, but all name options have pros and cons to be considered. if you have a particular vision for the game in mind the name should probably reflect it a bit.

P.S. if need be i can elaborate on any point i made if necessary

Silentdeath8

Nov 3, 2017

Imo outside the actual title the other feel a little misleading... if i only look at the title i would expect to play a Girl, not a boy, with Lilith i would even expect to play Lilith herself...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Please go on
Dream in power
Come to judge and charge
String her on tight
The pride of sorrow
Reclaim your devotion
Stirr your inner antihero
Gorge on life and hope
Lead your desires
Train your devotion
Loosen your stark saber
Bite of your life
Strain the conquest
Storm of your denial
Death of despair
Nudge in the right life

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021

in conclusion weather or not you need to change the name and to what would strongly depend on factors currently unknown to us here, but all name options have pros and cons to be considered. if you have a particular vision for the game in mind the name should probably reflect it a bit.

P.S. if need be i can elaborate on any point i made if necessary
Thanks for this analysis,
Actually Lilith is the main antagonist, if you notice in the first few images of the game you see here in the background summoning him.
The entire game, is basically her trying to use you, in order to gain Asmodeus' power
I've also fixed some of the dialogue and shots in the first episode (intro) so its more polished now.

Also if you remember John Snow, at the beginning he was like "you know nothing john snow", I mean he was an OK fighter he had some skills, but nothing against a professional fighter like a knight or even one of the northern barbarians like the ones he met north of the wall.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Actually Lilith is the main antagonist, if you notice in the first few images of the game you see here in the background summoning him.
The entire game, is basically her trying to use you, in order to gain Asmodeus' power
I've also fixed some of the dialogue and shots in the first episode (intro) so its more polished now.

Also if you remember John Snow, at the beginning he was like "you know nothing john snow", I mean he was an OK fighter he had some skills, but nothing against a professional fighter like a knight or even one of the northern barbarians like the ones he met north of the wall.
anytime.
as far as lilith titles are concerned this complicates the situation more.
my advice: either not ad lilith to title and leave her involvement a bit more shrouded or if absolutely necessary to have her in the title add a bit more focus on her in the beginning (possibly done already according to your post). i would recommend the former.
I'll try and think of a way to more subtly hint at lilith in the title tomorrow but i can't promise anything.

• Star-struck

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1683522234060.png
MC met his valkirie as jon snu snu met his spouse on the set in the likes of a drop dead gorgeous ginger phenom
who shot him dead in the heart and wrapped her soul around his ... pitty in the series he did nothing save worthy
to actually be there for her in her hour of need, their union would a made all the more sense seeing how, afterwards, Deni and other great dames of them thrones took lesser descent warrior type fiends as their bed fellows and it was a union worth cellebrating.
one of the northern barbarians like the ones he met north of the wall
I dunno real life if they made it work, but she is worth everything, so is the valkirie we meet in this game.
1683522269631.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant and Joubei

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

Chevalier - It's French, sounds sexy and means "Royal Companions"
Companions
7 Chevrons - The Prince and his 6 female companions.
Called Against the Night
Blood Bond
Reluctant Heritage
Forged By Love
Forged By Honor
Forged By Need
Saving Gwen

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
OK so far i have 2 ideas of hinting at Lilith a bit more subtly in the title:
1: biblical, use a play on words old eve (meaning both adam's biblical wife created because lilith wasn't subservient enough :rolleyes:, and evening)
2: the one i am leaning stronger on and would recommend barring any better ideas, use pre Hebrew name Lilu (i believe Sumerian but might be different Mesopotamian language)

the second one has the advantages of less judeo-christian baggage (a definitive advantage in my opinion), easier naming scheme, and deeper dive into mythos. not to mention is a decent Easter egg and could be used in-game (imagine mc finding references to a Lilu in some texts and what not and then seeking for something to discover that Lilu and Lilitu are the same)

on a side note. i think the main character could be improved by shortening the implied do nothing period between escape and dream. i think that's where most problems with the presented character development arise. just a couple of eurocents tho.

Reactions: FatGiant
3.50 star(s) 38 Votes