• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Sounds more granular for sure. On the other hand, it's never done anything for me other than get in my way, so there's that. :)
That may be the case for you, but not all Mac users are experienced enough to be safely doing so, especially as it requires sudo to do it.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
That's what Apple wants you to think, and it's going on much earlier than Ventura.
The Ren'Py SDK is a third party app as well BTW and as you can see MacOS runs it from a Read-only file system. That is bound to cause trouble. Instead of running the SDK, you'd be better of by fixing the Mac app that's contained in this universal build of the game.

The root of the problem is that Gatekeeper quarantines about everything which is not downloaded from the app store, but that is something easy to fix.

Start by reading this post carefully https://f95zone.to/threads/lilith-rising-v1-0-2ns-jubei.140205/post-11373244. There's a link there to a post of mine where I tell you how to shuffle the different components of the universal build around in order to create a self-contained Mac app.

If you want to check and remove quarantine from 3rd party apps, follow this procedure

To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Again, mind the space. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

If you want to continue to use the Ren'Py SDK, then better check and remove quarantine from that as well. Once done so, you can use the SDK to create a Mac-only app with the Create Distributions function BTW

Final advice, always make a duplicate of an app before you start altering it. Saves you from the hassle of having to download it again if you should mess it up somehow.
I've followed the instruction to create the so called stand alone app. It now starts the app. thanks i learn something new
i didnt expect to learn technical stuff in this forum lmao

creating the stand alone app is good enough. i'll leave the quarantine as it is, never know what bat shit crazy stuff is on the web

Reactions: PBS666

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I've followed the instruction to create the so called stand alone app. It now starts the app. thanks i learn something new
i didnt expect to learn technical stuff in this forum lmao
Glad you got it working. Sadly enough sometimes you need to learn stuff such as this just so that you can take back control of your computer.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
The renders is not consistent. Between scenes, Gwen have a necklace then it disappear and reappears.
Slyvie's hair is suddenly pink then back to blonde in the same day. I'm confuse o_O

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
The renders is not consistent. Between scenes, Gwen have a necklace then it disappear and reappears.
Slyvie's hair is suddenly pink then back to blonde in the same day. I'm confuse o_O
Thanks for your report.
These are 2 bugs are already on the fix list for the next patch, it will be up in a few days.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Thanks for your report.
These are 2 bugs are already on the fix list for the next patch, it will be up in a few days.
Is there a story element for it or it was renders for different paths or wrong renders ? It's to be honest a bit confusing.
Maybe perhaps have some dialogue to explain on it in the game?

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Before there was no harem tag in the game and the developer said it wasn't going to happen and all the comments I made were about that.
Keep this in mind when reading my comments.

I've been following this game since the first day it came out.
Why didn't you give this advice to anyone when many of you were harassing the developer and begging him to add a harem?
Or let me answer at a level that you will understand based on the sentence you have formed, did anyone ask you for your opinion?

Such toxic people are damaging the games.
They do nothing but annoy and turn off new people who might be interested in the game.

The developer has to adjust the story of the game to the harem.
At some point the game has to bend the personalities of the LIs, in order to get the harem option.
I mean, in the previous versions, none of these women had the personality to accept a harem.
The developer kept saying that this is the way it is.
"You can sleep with anyone, but in the end you can only choose one woman."
There are a few other things that are complicated to explain, and they are all related to my discomfort with the adaptation of the story to suit the harem.
There will be fewer special scenes for us monogamous players.
I mean, they will cut and edit the harem scenes and present them to us as monogamous scenes.

The developer may not realize it, but after a while he will become dependent on them. They will threaten to withdraw their support for not having more harem scenes.
I'm not the kind of guy who would ever beg a developer to add this or delete that to a game, don't confuse me with yourself.
I'm just commenting on games I like. It upset me, I just wanted to say.
Okay, I get you're pissed but let's not jump out the window here. First, I've never begged or ranted to a Dev about deleting any content in their games to suit my needs, I'd most likely just play something else. Second, I'm aware that the romance tag falsely gets thrown around in games just for the sake of it. I've seen it with NTR games, Harem games, Futa games, you name it. This game, however, it still young and still has room to grow so I'm sticking with it. Some games I can play once and now that it's cooked in terms of growth and potential and others I allow more grace and this is one those.

But raging usually doesn't help, not around here at least.

Dunacting

Jun 13, 2020
Would you be able to try and install steam just to see if it makes a difference?

I’ve tested the issue here several times and on several machines (including a laptop) and I was not able to replicate it.

I've got it to work.

Installed it to the root of the C drive. Admin permissions stopped it creating files where it was before. Never had that in the location I install these games before.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Jubei, I'd move your config.version define back inside the options script. Not wise to remove it from there and place it inside a separate script all by itself... you're asking for trouble later via the RenPy SDK. Just sayin'.

Reactions: PunkHooligan

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've DL'd the compressed version of the VN update and ported v0.3.1 SanchoMod over to start this update and all is fine, including loading of previous saves. See post here in the mod's thread if curious of update progress. Regards.

Reactions: motseer

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
Okay, I get you're pissed but let's not jump out the window here. First, I've never begged or ranted to a Dev about deleting any content in their games to suit my needs, I'd most likely just play something else. Second, I'm aware that the romance tag falsely gets thrown around in games just for the sake of it. I've seen it with NTR games, Harem games, Futa games, you name it. This game, however, it still young and still has room to grow so I'm sticking with it. Some games I can play once and now that it's cooked in terms of growth and potential and others I allow more grace and this is one those.

But raging usually doesn't help, not around here at least.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm writing here because your private message is closed.
The part you think I wrote to you I wrote for the shameless hypocrites.

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes