KarokaKOHORT

Jun 16, 2018
Looking at the screenshots from the first post, I do wonder where does #15 come from, as I do not recall seeing that scene in the game. Anyone?

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
My bad. There was some confusion. I make sure to always have all the patches and QoL mods on before I start a game and while doing my usual keyword searches, I've seen some people mention that the Sanchez mod includes an incest on and off. So I kind of assumed Gwen was MC's sister and she does look a lot like the Queen. Hence my confusion until I played the game itself and found out Gwen is actually MC's fiancée.
The betrothed bit, was changed from sister as Patreon has a very severe case of anti-incest gripe lol.
but originally she was written as the sister.

Dunacting

Jun 13, 2020
Did you use the mod at some point?
Try to delete the saves in user/appdata/roaming and the entire game, then reinstall.

Same problem.

Deleted saves, never ran a Mod, tried both Gofile and Mega downloads, deleted previous game files.

Ran this on a Windows 10 PC but will not run om my Windows 11 Laptop.

Reactions: Gummer the old one

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Before there was no harem tag in the game and the developer said it wasn't going to happen and all the comments I made were about that.
Keep this in mind when reading my comments.

I've been following this game since the first day it came out.
Why didn't you give this advice to anyone when many of you were harassing the developer and begging him to add a harem?
Or let me answer at a level that you will understand based on the sentence you have formed, did anyone ask you for your opinion?

Such toxic people are damaging the games.
They do nothing but annoy and turn off new people who might be interested in the game.

The developer has to adjust the story of the game to the harem.
At some point the game has to bend the personalities of the LIs, in order to get the harem option.
I mean, in the previous versions, none of these women had the personality to accept a harem.
The developer kept saying that this is the way it is.
"You can sleep with anyone, but in the end you can only choose one woman."
There are a few other things that are complicated to explain, and they are all related to my discomfort with the adaptation of the story to suit the harem.
There will be fewer special scenes for us monogamous players.
I mean, they will cut and edit the harem scenes and present them to us as monogamous scenes.

The developer may not realize it, but after a while he will become dependent on them. They will threaten to withdraw their support for not having more harem scenes.
I'm not the kind of guy who would ever beg a developer to add this or delete that to a game, don't confuse me with yourself.
I'm just commenting on games I like. It upset me, I just wanted to say.
Actually I wrote all the LIs as separate romance lines, there will not be an "orgy" scene or any kind of admittance by any LI about the other LIs, the only threesome are the sisters that do everything together, but it was a given from the start.
It is possible for you to romance all of them, but they would not acknowledge each other in any way.

It will be difficult to please all of them in future seasons, there will be a relationship meter feature, and your actions from the start will effect the relationships with each LI, and there will be barriers to move to the next romance stage - date - romance event 1 - romance event 2 etc.

There will be more choices that will upset some and entice others, for instance:
Freja is very naïve, kind and honorable, while Valery is very pragmatic and morally ambiguous - (goal justify the means type).
so one of your choices will be a moral choice where you'll need to either spare and enemy or not and let them die.
While Freja will definitely want you to spare them, Valery will not, these type of choices will build your relationship with one (or more) of the LIs but lower it for others.

So you'll need to carefully balance your choices if you wish to stay in the good graces of all the LIs.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Same problem.

Deleted saves, never ran a Mod, tried both Gofile and Mega downloads, deleted previous game files.

Ran this on a Windows 10 PC but will not run om my Windows 11 Laptop.
Do you have steam installed?

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Would you be able to try and install steam just to see if it makes a difference?

I’ve tested the issue here several times and on several machines (including a laptop) and I was not able to replicate it.

cariadult

Jun 4, 2018
Actually I wrote all the LIs as separate romance lines, there will not be an "orgy" scene or any kind of admittance by any LI about the other LIs, the only threesome are the sisters that do everything together, but it was a given from the start.
It is possible for you to romance all of them, but they would not acknowledge each other in any way.

It will be difficult to please all of them in future seasons, there will be a relationship meter feature, and your actions from the start will effect the relationships with each LI, and there will be barriers to move to the next romance stage - date - romance event 1 - romance event 2 etc.

There will be more choices that will upset some and entice others, for instance:
Freja is very naïve, kind and honorable, while Valery is very pragmatic and morally ambiguous - (goal justify the means type).
so one of your choices will be a moral choice where you'll need to either spare and enemy or not and let them die.
While Freja will definitely want you to spare them, Valery will not, these type of choices will build your relationship with one (or more) of the LIs but lower it for others.

So you'll need to carefully balance your choices if you wish to stay in the good graces of all the LIs.
Just want to make it clear, so there is no 3some apart from those sisters?

Apr 5, 2023
View attachment 2777044

Overview:
Lilith Rising
is a fantasy adult Visual Novel (VN)
where you play a prince that has his life turned upside down
when he becomes a pawn in the plans of gods and demons, forcing him to a life of exile.
On your adventures, you will meet the most intriguing companions and learn what it means to be a leader,
in order to save your kingdom; and if you play your cards right maybe even find some romance.
A fun fantasy adventure, filled with humor, drama, epic battles, mystery and lots of sex!
Formerly known as Tainted
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please read the before submitting a review.

Thread Updated: 2023-09-26
Release Date: 2023-09-26
Developer: Jubei - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0.2ns
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Due to major system upgrades a replay is required.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Mac/Linux
: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Extra: MultiMod* - FAN SIG

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2669881 View attachment 2669886 View attachment 2669887 View attachment 2669888 View attachment 2669889 View attachment 2669890 View attachment 2669891 View attachment 2669892 View attachment 2669893 View attachment 2669894 View attachment 2669895 View attachment 2669896 View attachment 2669897 View attachment 2669898 View attachment 2669899 View attachment 2669900 View attachment 2669901 View attachment 2669902 View attachment 2669903 View attachment 2669905 View attachment 2669907 View attachment 2669908 View attachment 2669909 View attachment 2669910 View attachment 2669911 View attachment 2669913 View attachment 2669914
I really like this game!

Reactions: motseer

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 710, in script
def grant(self, name):
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 894, in <module>
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 806, in steam_preinit
dll_name = "libsteam_api.dylib"
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/Volumes/renpy-8.1.3-sdk/renpy-8.1.3-sdk/renpy.app/Contents/MacOS/steam_appid.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 710, in script
def grant(self, name):
File "/Volumes/renpy-8.1.3-sdk/renpy-8.1.3-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Volumes/renpy-8.1.3-sdk/renpy-8.1.3-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 894, in <module>
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 806, in steam_preinit
dll_name = "libsteam_api.dylib"
OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/Volumes/renpy-8.1.3-sdk/renpy-8.1.3-sdk/renpy.app/Contents/MacOS/steam_appid.txt'

macOS-13.6-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

Any ideas why? Joubei

Last edited:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Yes, the new venture dont allow 3rd party apps run
That's what Apple wants you to think, and it's going on much earlier than Ventura.
The Ren'Py SDK is a third party app as well BTW and as you can see MacOS runs it from a Read-only file system. That is bound to cause trouble. Instead of running the SDK, you'd be better of by fixing the Mac app that's contained in this universal build of the game.

The root of the problem is that Gatekeeper quarantines about everything which is not downloaded from the app store, but that is something easy to fix.

Start by reading this post carefully https://f95zone.to/threads/lilith-rising-v1-0-2ns-jubei.140205/post-11373244. There's a link there to a post of mine where I tell you how to shuffle the different components of the universal build around in order to create a self-contained Mac app.

If you want to check and remove quarantine from 3rd party apps, follow this procedure

To check quarantine, start Terminal and type "xattr " without the quotes at the prompt and drag the app into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space between the command and said path. Hit enter. If you see com.apple.quarantine in the results, the app is quarantined.
To remove the quarantine, type "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine " and drag the app again into the window. Again, mind the space. Hit enter. Quarantine should now be removed.

If you want to continue to use the Ren'Py SDK, then better check and remove quarantine from that as well. Once done so, you can use the SDK to create a Mac-only app with the Create Distributions function BTW

Final advice, always make a duplicate of an app before you start altering it. Saves you from the hassle of having to download it again if you should mess it up somehow.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Would you be able to try and install steam just to see if it makes a difference?

I’ve tested the issue here several times and on several machines (including a laptop) and I was not able to replicate it.
I have the same bug (unable to start the game) and i do have steam. Buuuuut im german and germany doesnt allow any avn's on steam, maybe he is too and thats the issue? Every version prior to this one was working fine

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I don't recommend disabling Gatekeeper. I recommend removing the quarantine from the app that is affected by it.
Sounds more granular for sure. On the other hand, it's never done anything for me other than get in my way, so there's that. :)

3.50 star(s) 38 Votes