Parthornax

Feb 5, 2018
Well, it's either that or the whole fake updates complaint is completely baseless :rolleyes:
It was not baseless. If you go through the changlog there plenty of pointless tweaks in there. What it was... was overly harsh and i admit that. i should have said "to many filler updates" instead.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
I guess moving elements of the GUI or adding the (basically abandoned if not heavily neglected) Wiki's link could be considered such, but bug fixes, combat balancing, and typo correction (in a game where text is the main focus) is probably not 'filler' to most.

Do also keep in mind that, somewhat unfortunately, the game's focus is on the transformation fetish: It was started by and had content added to by people who frequent a forum owned by a person who basically plays and makes games centering on it almost exclusively. So yeah, even though I too feel it's silly, the "made sure NPCs can give you taur legs" and "made rabbit and deer tails not grow too long" things are probably also 'core' updates to the intended audience.

... Also, I think the dev's giving priority to things listed in a relatively old suggestions.txt file on their github that I feel they're copy-pasting from whenever they update a separate todo_list.txt file that the patch notes are written to. And judging from the contents of said files, you're probably going to feel that the superfluous stuff just won't stop coming any time soon.

Reactions: Megumin.

Craftomega

Mar 17, 2017
I am sad about the lack of real content as well, but as a programmer, I also know the pain of refactoring. Its easy to make spaghetti code and its easy to make "progress". However at some point you will run smack into a wall that you cannot get past without going back and changing things you worked on 18 months ago.

Refactoring is the worst part of the job but its also the most vital.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Where is this a familiy game?
I was joking, though on a more serious note I do think it's sad that murdering hundreds is a-okay in games, yet a game about making love is considered taboo. The world would be a better place if our attitudes to violence and sex were reversed. That is the case in LT - even if you get your hands on a real lethal firearm, the game still won't let you actually kill anybody.

Last edited:

deathgothic

May 18, 2018
I was joking, though on a more serious note I do think it's sad that murdering hundreds is a-okay in games, yet a game about making love is considered taboo. The world would be a better place if our attitudes to violence and sex were reversed. That is the case in LT - even if you get your hands on a real lethal firearm, the game still won't let you actually kill anybody.
True

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
No you gotta kill the majority so your offspring can replace them. It's classic CK2.
Funny how even when they try to soften it up as narratively "beating your offspring and force them out to get better life than mugging or prostitution" in LT, it still felt like i'm doing abortions

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Funny how even when they try to soften it up as narratively "beating your offspring and force them out to get better life than mugging or prostitution" in LT, it still felt like i'm doing abortions
The worst part is that a lot of them resort to mugging and prostitution, not because they like it, but because there's little else they can do. There is a serious over-population issue going on (sped-up pregnancy is part of it, plus other lore reasons) and many are leaving their country in the hopes of finding a better life. Issue is, the rest of the globe isn't in a better shape either.

Getting a decent job in this world is 10x harder than IRL and they have to eat somehow. Then you have demons and magic-wielders taking over certain jobs, because magic gives them an edge ordinary folk do not have. Finding a home is another day-to-day struggle, with most real-estate taken or occupied. There's a lot of folks and not enough homes for everyone, not that most could afford anyway.

There's a reason why some people willingly sell themselves as slaves in this game - because sometimes, when freedom all is you have, then freedom is what you will bargain for a chance at survival. Its kind of dark.

Last edited:

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
The worst part is that a lot of them resort to mugging and prostitution, not because they like it, but because there's little else they can do. There is a serious over-population issue going on (sped-up pregnancy is part of it, plus other lore reasons) and many are leaving their country in the hopes of finding a better life. Issue is, the rest of the globe isn't in a better shape either.

Getting a decent job in this world is 10x harder than IRL and they have to eat somehow. Then you have demons and magic-wielders taking over certain jobs, because magic gives them an edge ordinary folk do not have. Finding a home is another day-to-day struggle, with most real-estate taken or occupied. There's a lot of folks and not enough homes for everyone, not that most could afford anyway.

There's a reason why some people willingly sell themselves as slaves in this game - because sometimes, when freedom all is you have, then freedom is what you will bargain for a chance at survival. Its kind of dark.
Add Elon Musk into the game so that we can have a quest where we solve the over-population problem by creating a spaceship and send these people to colonize Mars.

Last edited:

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Add Elon Musk into the game so that we can have a quest where we solve the over-population problem by creating a spaceship and sending these people to colonize Mars.
I think we have enough demons on our hands as it is without kicking that particular hornet's nest. Without guns, not even the doomguy could save us.

XoeSara

Aug 11, 2018
Yeah when you think about it, it doesn't really make sense.

Reactions: NODOGAN

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Guys be honest with me here: Do any of you use the "Extra Testicles" option? also does nobody find kinda weird there's an "Extra Testicles" options but not a "Extra Penis" option? just saying i can see double penetration being a nice addition to sex scenes!

pesinafe

Jan 6, 2018
Guys be honest with me here: Do any of you use the "Extra Testicles" option? also does nobody find kinda weird there's an "Extra Testicles" options but not a "Extra Penis" option? just saying i can see double penetration being a nice addition to sex scenes!
An "Extra Penis" option is a feature I've been waiting/hoping for for a long time now... but considering the sex scene mechanics, it'd probably be quite complicated to implement. She'll probably get there eventually though.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Extra dicks are coming, it is a critical feature of sneks after all. But yeah, it's a lot more work to hook them up than to add some extra balls that do essentially nothing.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes