NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
That's because Inno hasn't released any other modding templates besides clothing/weapons/tattoos, which modders are supposed to use to make their life easier. Next up should be races/morphs but she has yet to clean up / refactor the code for it. If you want to make, say, a race mod at the moment, you are completely on your own with the spaghetti code.
A bit of a moot point since there'll never be a framework for that - both for the practical reason of not really making sense as one and for being one of her red lines.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
A bit of a moot point since there'll never be a framework for that - both for the practical reason of not really making sense as one and for being one of her red lines.
I'm well aware of that, I'm just saying this game still lacks about half of the frameworks for modding so if people want to make stuff that isn't "supported" yet they will have to deal with the fact the code as-is is just a pain in the ass without templates. I know which stuff isn't allowed and I'm not condoning it, just speaking about content in general.

For those of you who don't know yet: explicit / implicit underage content (loli/shota), scat, gore/guro, necrophilia and death are absolutely forbidden and will never be added or supported in official channels or databases for LT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Megumin.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
But sexual slavery, rape, and body horror (forcibly transforming someone is exactly that) is a-okay! I get a feeling the blacklist is based on what Inno personally finds a turn-off rather than on any kind of ethical foundation.
Doesn't really matter what the reason is, she's the developer so she gets the ultimate say on what is and isn't allowed. The rules on Discord make it very clear that anyone asking for or discussing these topics can get kicked, if not downright banned. So if you go there, keep that in mind.

I know nobody can physically stop modders and users from making and downloading this kind of content on the side-lines, just don't expect the official channels to offer you any kind of help or support. Either ask the community /whoever you got it from or deal with it yourself. ¯\_(' ')_/¯

Last edited:

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Fisting for any orifice has long been one of the things on my wishlist for this game.

Do prehensile dicks do anything special yet?

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Doesn't really matter what the reason is, she's the developer so she gets the ultimate say on what is and isn't allowed. The rules on Discord make it very clear that anyone asking for or discussing these topics can get kicked, if not downright banned. So if you go there, keep that in mind.

I know nobody can physically stop modders and users from making and downloading this kind of content on the side-lines, just don't expect the official channels to offer you any kind of help or support. Either ask the community /whoever you got it from or deal with it yourself. ¯\_(' ')_/¯
Kinda me just mentioning a bit of a bias for older people, but you'll probably get kicked if you're a newbie. If you have seniority, like I do, they tend to tolerate you more, like me trolling everyone with lolis and most of the mods just kinda give me a disapproving stare, or just post emotes at me. A bit bias but, what can you do.

Reactions: Megumin.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
But sexual slavery, rape, and body horror (forcibly transforming someone is exactly that) is a-okay! I get a feeling the blacklist is based on what Inno personally finds a turn-off rather than on any kind of ethical foundation.
The underage thing is probably for legal reasons, the rest seems like personal taste.
Which is perfectly fine in my opinion, it's her game so she has to be somewhat comfortable with writing content. If I commission art there's usually a list of fetishes the artist won't touch as well.

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
I don't care about the underage stuff, I just want race modding so that I can play as a shortstack goblin girl.

She said no fantasy race like elves and goblins are going to be added so I'm depending on mods.

drchainchair2

Mar 28, 2020
That's because Inno hasn't released any other modding templates besides clothing/weapons/tattoos, which modders are supposed to use to make their life easier. Next up should be races/morphs but she has yet to clean up / refactor the code for it. If you want to make, say, a race mod at the moment, you are completely on your own with the spaghetti code.
If you make your own fork from github it isn't that hard to maintain. I've had minimal conflicts on most update merges, only 2 or 3 files to go through on each update unless Inno does something stupid like rename a class for no reason.

While the code is definitely a bit unwieldy, it isn't that hard to work with as long as you can find pieces that do what you want then stick them together. I did spend a good afternoon trying to debug an issue wherein my item would lose the new attribute I added to it and it turned out that when an item is unequipped during sex it's actually deleted and a copy is made instead. That was a really annoying one to figure out because it made no sense to do it that way.

I actually posted my mod in this thread a ways back (on the account I forgot the password to, you have one guess as to the account name) that added a few new gameplay features.

I don't care about the underage stuff, I just want race modding so that I can play as a shortstack goblin girl.

She said no fantasy race like elves and goblins are going to be added so I'm depending on mods.
I don't think adding a new race would be that difficult if you just copy it from an existing one then make the necessary changes. Though this does require you to be able to build from source and know Java, which is a bit more complicated than a simple xml file you can drop into the game folder.

Last edited:

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I don't think adding a new race would be that difficult if you just copy it from an existing one then make the necessary changes. Though this does require you to be able to build from source and know Java, which is a bit more complicated than a simple xml file you can drop into the game folder.
It's not all that difficult but crazy tedious. The current system is kinda sideways to what it ought to be for easy race adding (which is why race rework is such a big deal) and requires you to touch like 60 classes.

• Wow
Reactions: Amarok909

drchainchair2

Mar 28, 2020
It's not all that difficult but crazy tedious. The current system is kinda sideways to what it ought to be for easy race adding (which is why race rework is such a big deal) and requires you to touch like 60 classes.
I just had a look at it because I never really cared to examine races much before and... why the fuck is a race just not a subclass from AbstractRace in it's own file. Apparently game.characters.race is less than half of the picture, the bulk of it is in game.characters.body.types.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
That's kinda odd.
You'd think that modifying races is the one thing you'd want to make easily accessible in a furry game with lots of transformation options and a bunch of species nobody in their right mind would try to fuck.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
I just had a look at it because I never really cared to examine races much before and... why the fuck is a race just not a subclass from AbstractRace in it's own file. Apparently game.characters.race is less than half of the picture, the bulk of it is in game.characters.body.types.
Blind guess here, but it might be because there are multiple parts that are/were shared between some of the races, and so as to avoid declaring duplicates, the bulk was put somewhere else. That all said, it's probably going to change- it has before, if you wade through the commits long enough to check.

Modular design from the ground up is hard unless you strictly adhere to a scope and never expand it.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
So I could have sworn that in earlier versions, once you became a demon you could add any other species bits onto you. I was trying to make my guy a minotaur and I haven't got a single option for any species. Was that removed?

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017

Same here.
She said "no fantasy races" long time ago, tho. Might be willing to change his/her mind on the next maps (and there's a LOT of map. I wasn't aware there's actually a world map already).

In any case, she tends to listen (or she used to, at the beginning, when there were only a bunch of us just babbling ideas), and might be convinced to some alternatives (for example, I was thinking she could add different shades of green/blueish colors for skins, fangs/tusks, and pointed ears, as separate/independant body modifications. So, she doesn't needs to actually include the races in the game, but if a player wants to "build" and orc/goblin/elf, it can be done).

Reactions: B2B2 and Megumin.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Same here.
She said "no fantasy races" long time ago, tho. Might be willing to change his/her mind on the next maps (and there's a LOT of map. I wasn't aware there's actually a world map already).

In any case, she tends to listen (or she used to, at the beginning, when there were only a bunch of us just babbling ideas), and might be convinced to some alternatives (for example, I was thinking she could add different shades of green/blueish colors for skins, fangs/tusks, and pointed ears, as separate/independant body modifications. So, she doesn't needs to actually include the races in the game, but if a player wants to "build" and orc/goblin/elf, it can be done).
Problem is, you do that and then you're going to have a bunch of people asking to be recognized as X race, with racial bonuses and all that. Besides, if you turn your human green, with tusks and high muscle definition (as an example), would you still be considered a human at that point or just some weird, unidentified morph simply because Inno doesn't want to add them to the game? At that point the game may just say you're a lesser boar or elephant morph... meaning you'd have to use your imagination to do the rest.

I think it would make more sense for people to wait for the race/morph framework. Someone is definitely going to add all of those races with proper support and racial bonuses, which is better than a pretend, half-baked version.

Last edited:
Reactions: regicide123

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
I'd be lazy and just make a catch-all "Custom" racial bonus, then capture a string (like you would a character name) for the name the player gives their current race, but the writing would have to take an obvious blow since there'd be no framework for whether or not the race name in question works as an adjective the same way it might as a noun (i.e.- the difference between fox and vulpine, wolf and lycan, etc.). Like, maybe you could write custom stuff where you just add a "-y" or "-ish" at the end of the race name? Eh, again, this'd be the lazy route.

The racial feat could be negative, even, if I want to discourage people from making their own thing. Something like "you deal less Lust Damage because people are too distracted by the fact that they've never seen anything like you before" or some such.

Last edited:
Reactions: NODOGAN and Teize

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
So I could have sworn that in earlier versions, once you became a demon you could add any other species bits onto you. I was trying to make my guy a minotaur and I haven't got a single option for any species. Was that removed?
Maybe way back with the old potion, but not since you can be officially turned and gameplay wise not until we smack the next Lilin ... you can always use the debug menu tho.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Wish there was a better way to modify cum or milk storage than slapping on a ring of flooding or drought(own enchanted creations) and then sleeping away a couple of days/weeks other than save editing.

Reactions: Shankedbyaduck
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes