SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
IMO an elegant way of raising arcane and physique would be to simply add them to the perk tree nodes in addition to their normal effects. Like maybe +5 physique per combat node, +5 arcane per spellcasting node. Though I do realize the current perk tree is a very crude placeholder, so those normal effects are in dire need of a revision too. Hell, basically every balance-related number in the game is just very roughly eyeballed, so what I'm driving at here is just a general principle along the lines of "automatically increase core stats as the player levels".

You're almost certainly right that content is going to be moved out of Dominion and dispersed around the larger world as the game grows. I'm in two minds about it. Not doing it will make the later game boring; doing it will make the early game boring. I like LT a lot precisely because it's very 'dense'; the entire progression from start to endgame is compressed into what you correctly identify as a tutorial. I'm not sure I'm going to like it as much when it's spread out across a sprawling open-world RPG; I have a sinking feeling it's going to end up feeling diluted.

From a purely technical point of view, you're right. The easiest way to balance the game would be through a 'vertical slice'; make some early-game enemies and weapons and perks and balance them, make some late-game enemies and weapons and perks and balance them, and then fill in the middle using this progression framework as a guide. As you do so, you can move the late-game items out of the older zones and into the newly implemented ones. That's the rational way to approach this.

The problem with that is that it's not going to feel good to us irrational meatbags. Why would the people supporting this game get excited about updates if every new thing in them was guaranteed to be worse than what they already have from previous versions? Every single online game understands this, that's why power creep exists. If your players have played previous versions of your game, you can't add new items (exclusively) into the middle of progression, you have to tack (at least some of) them onto the end and extend that progression so that the older players who have already reached that end have somewhere further to go. But as you noted and as we know from existing games that do this, that creates its own set of problems. Like every other dev who releases their game piecemeal, Inno's between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:
Reactions: organord and B2B2

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
From a purely technical point of view, you're right. The easiest way to balance the game would be through a 'vertical slice'; make some early-game enemies and weapons and perks and balance them, make some late-game enemies and weapons and perks and balance them, and then fill in the middle using this progression framework as a guide. As you do so, you can move the late-game items out of the older zones and into the newly implemented ones. That's the rational way to approach this.

The problem with that is that it's not going to feel good to us irrational meatbags. Why would the people supporting this game get excited about updates if every new thing in them was guaranteed to be worse than what they already have from previous versions? Every single online game understands this, that's why power creep exists. If your players have played previous versions of your game, you can't add new items (exclusively) into the middle of progression, you have to tack (at least some of) them onto the end and extend that progression so that the older players who have already reached that end have somewhere further to go. But as you noted and as we know from existing games that do this, that creates its own set of problems. Like every other dev who releases their game piecemeal, Inno's between a rock and a hard place.
Nobody said you need to release every asset you make. So, lets say she made 5 swords, each with a different level on it but she's only completed 1/3 of the game, obviously there is no need to release every single weapon, release the weapons she thinks we should have at that point in the game. Content should be story focused, in an RPG with combat like this it's part of the core gameplay loop explore>fight stuff>have sex>explore>fight stuff>have sex>explore etc.

Exploration is pretty much content/story, it's about wanting the user to see what's over the next hill and from what I've seen, it isn't that bad. However, fighting could use a few tweaks

Last edited:

SoulDF

Mar 22, 2018
Are there any companion system planned? I would like to recruit Meraxis or some other girls, like in Konosuba...

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Are there any companion system planned? I would like to recruit Meraxis or some other girls, like in Konosuba...
It seems like it is coming, and the mechanics are in place, as you can have either an elemental, one of your children, or a slave in your party; however, it doesn't seem like she is planning on expanding upon it until a later date.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
That is true, but not releasing content you've made makes the current version less interesting for the players than it could be, which can be a problem if you're relying on their support. Weapon balance is a relatively straightforward problem, but this applies to other, less quantifiable aspects of the game as well, like for instance transformations. Currently we unlock the entire transformation system all at once when we learn enchanting. Which is great, being able to change every aspect of your body is a lot of fun, but it also means there's not much to add to it in future versions (aside from the ability to grow multiple penises, which gets mentioned every once in a while). But that's only true of the potion-based transformations, demon transformations actually are restricted in the way you describe with only a small portion of the options accessible in this version. And as I mentioned earlier, I see little reason to become a demon at this point as a result. Do you think the game would be as successful as it is if poition transformations were similarly limited? I rather doubt it.

Last edited:

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
That is true, but not releasing content you've made makes the current version less interesting for the players than it could be, which can be a problem if you're relying on their support. Weapon balance is a relatively straightforward problem, but this applies to other, less quantifiable aspects of the game as well, like for instance transformations. Currently we unlock the entire transformation system all at once when we learn enchanting. Which is great, being able to change every aspect of your body is a lot of fun, but it also means there's not much to add to it in future versions (aside from the ability to grow multiple penises, which gets mentioned every once in a while). But that's only true of the potion-based transformations, demon transformations actually are restricted in the way you describe with only a small portion of the options accessible in this version. And as I mentioned earlier, I see little reason to become a demon at this point as a result. Do you think the game would be as successful as it is if poition transformations were similarly limited? I rather doubt it.
Speaking of growing pensis, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or something but when I'm playing a woman and attempt to grow a penis it ends up only being 1/2'' long and like 2'' wide, which considering rubbing on it squirts out a thick white liquid just makes it sound like a giant pimple.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Qwerfy

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Speaking of growing pensis, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or something but when I'm playing a woman and attempt to grow a penis it ends up only being 1/2'' long and like 2'' wide, which considering rubbing on it squirts out a thick white liquid just makes it sound like a giant pimple.
You need to stack on some size modifiers, the pure TF only adds the minimum.

Reactions: organord

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
IMO an elegant way of raising arcane and physique would be to simply add them to the perk tree nodes in addition to their normal effects. Like maybe +5 physique per combat node, +5 arcane per spellcasting node. Though I do realize the current perk tree is a very crude placeholder, so those normal effects are in dire need of a revision too. Hell, basically every balance-related number in the game is just very roughly eyeballed, so what I'm driving at here is just a general principle along the lines of "automatically increase core stats as the player levels".

You're almost certainly right that content is going to be moved out of Dominion and dispersed around the larger world as the game grows. I'm in two minds about it. Not doing it will make the later game boring; doing it will make the early game boring. I like LT a lot precisely because it's very 'dense'; the entire progression from start to endgame is compressed into what you correctly identify as a tutorial. I'm not sure I'm going to like it as much when it's spread out across a sprawling open-world RPG; I have a sinking feeling it's going to end up feeling diluted.

Let me be slightly off-topic and grant you a free lesson of netiquette here:

Quoting someone and snipping the entire quote completely is not even just laziness - it defeats the purpose of a quote.

We here at F95 have 2 options that do 2 different things as in most forums btw):

You can either quote (which happens when you reply or choose multiquote like in your case) The purpose is to keep the reader in context of what has been said to not force them to scroll back or search for the relevant posting.

or

you can use SordidDreams to trigger a notify of that particular user if you just want the attention to your posting.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Not really, normally you start out with the core game mechanics then build from there. Adding things to an already existing system is a lot easier than trying to completely overhaul such a large system. Rather than trying to balance such a large number of enemies, spells, weapons, and perks all together, it's easier to create a base system of only a few enemies, and a few weapons, then add things that are balanced to the existing core group. Balancing one enemy, one weapon, or one perk is a lot easier than trying to balance 100+ objects in a single sitting.
Inno has core game mechanics to work with though. What she needs to be able to balance them is context. She needs a sense of what power levels are going to be necessary at what stages and a feeling of progression as the player moves through those stages.

I can't see how she's going to do that without creating at least a bare-bones version of the entire main storyline so that it can be playtested. There's just no substitute for playtesting.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
You don't need story to playtest mechanics. We can already reach the level cap, as can our enemies, so we have the entire progression in the game already. The catch is that everything we gain during that progression, the perks, the weapons, the spells, the combat moves, etc., all of that stuff is just placeholders with stats that frankly boggle the mind at times. That stuff could be overhauled right now without the need for any new story content; it doesn't matter whether you're fighting a pegataur demon in the Foloi Fields or in a Dominion alleyway, the combat's going to work same in either case, the only thing different will be the flavor text before and after the fight.

Last edited:

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
The enchanting interface could really use an overhaul. The way you have to stack several of the same effect to achieve the stat value you want is very clunky.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Same place as other transformations, enchant a racial food consumable. Select the Core category as the primary modifier and Size as the secondary modifier. Then have the NPC drink the resulting potion (manage their inventory and feed it to them if they're your slave/friend or you've just defeated them in combat, open your inventory and feed it to them during sex otherwise).

Last edited:
Reactions: organord

organord

Jun 10, 2020
It seems like it is coming, and the mechanics are in place, as you can have either an elemental, one of your children, or a slave in your party; however, it doesn't seem like she is planning on expanding upon it until a later date.
Unfortunately, it's the reverse.
Aside from summoned elementals, support for companions is dropped; an expansion to the existing companion system is nigh-impossible, now or later.

Even now, you need to go into the game options and turn on a setting (which defaults to the off state) in order to enable the old behavior of having slaves/followers as companions:
Companions: Enable the ability to add slaves or friendly occupants as your companion.
Warning: This is an experimental feature, and support for companions was dropped in v.0.3.9, so there will be no special dialogue or actions involving your companions outside of Dominion.
Bringing around unique NPCs as permanent companions is not possible.
It's still on the table that unique NPCs may join you as temporary quest/scene/area-specific companions (but you should expect heavy limitations, like Claire accompanying you during the heavily-railroaded teleport pad quest).

You can read Innoxia's explanation for this change .

As an aside, elementals are no longer considered true companions either, and their implementation will be subject to another pass later on (when they get proper acquisition quests instead of spellbooks).

Last edited:
Reactions: regicide123

güçlü çar

Oct 3, 2017
Is there any way to play this game without java? Its really slow

Edit; I remember playing this game without java a long time ago, im asking because of this

Last edited:

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Is there any way to play this game without java? Its really slow

Edit; I remember playing this game without java a long time ago, im asking because of this
You can try the exe version, it's technically just a pre-packaged java environment but some people say it runs better for them.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes