Danv

Aug 21, 2020
How is it cutting and running if they're still active and talking on discord? She also said the update will most likely be out mid this week
there were already four or five "later this week" and "on this weekend" during last two months, deadlines she/he set themselves and successfully failed each time
activity on discord usually represented by few words emoji messages once per week or two, nothing about progress, status or anything bearing sense

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
I originally arrived in this thread seeking answers as to what the fuck had to happen for Inno to finally get off her arse and resume forward progress on the main storyline. Still waiting.

D

Deleted member 2763995

I originally arrived in this thread seeking answers as to what the fuck had to happen for Inno to finally get off her arse and resume forward progress on the main storyline. Still waiting.
Well prepare for dissapointment. I've looked over Innoxia's discord from the last couple of weeks. The next update 3.10(regardless of when it comes out) is mostly an engine update. To make a long story short, the engine was made to handle humanoid npcs only, so this update has been mostly rewriting the engine to handle non-humanoid characters (think lamia's, octogirls, merfolk etc etc) and "feral" characters, which is why it's taking so long. The update after that (4.0) is when those non-humanoid characters are planned to start spawning in the overworld along with other features (predicted to be a much quicker update). Updates after thats are going to be focused on the overworld and story.

Whether or not you believe any of this is up to you. I couldn't care less either way

Golden_Buddy

Aug 9, 2020
I'm actually excited for the update. While I do not like Java, I can't wait to try modding the game to add a few races.

Glad to finally hear that the game is not abandoned !
me too I'm making kobolds because there aren't enough race below 4ft and I want short lizards slaves

Reactions: onyxmoose

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Ursafrank

I figured as much.

Couple months back she announced that she would be working on the race modding stuff (which won't actually be needed until v. 0.5) rather than the main quest content people have been waiting almost two years for. After a bit of backlash, she said she was going to add at least some Fields content along with the engine update. Which she's now apparently reneged on in favour of making sure that characters with an arachnid lower half can be fucked right in the spinneret.

Adding the new race options was obviously going to be a huge undertaking. No one but Inno ever thought it was going to be the week or so of work that she predicted.

I really hope she's considering how much better she'd feel if she'd made some actual progress (ie. getting the main quest to Elis) and gotten some positive feedback before attempting to alter the entire way race works in the game.

But she's probably learned nothing.

Reactions: Taak

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I always love how the buttload of people who are really hyped about getting their favourite race after waiting even longer just literally doesn't exist in that narrative.

Last edited:

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
there were already four or five "later this week" and "on this weekend" during last two months, deadlines she/he set themselves and successfully failed each time
activity on discord usually represented by few words emoji messages once per week or two, nothing about progress, status or anything bearing sense
I believe early on I posted in the blogspot that the biggest problem wasn't that it was just taking too long, but that she continually missed deadlines. I probably would've been fine with once every month or two if they actually came out by then.

Mar 18, 2020
I downloaded Java version 8 and I am trying to play this game through Mac. But it's giving me a weird error about how there is no Res folder. Even though I extracted it properly and the Java file is inside the same shared folder as the Res Folder. It tells me there's a missing Res Folder. I tried extracting it in a different area. I tried three different extraction programs (Unarchiver, Winzip and Archive Utility), even tried putting the zip file in the same folder as the game data, tried moving the whole folder onto another place like desktop, but it still gives me the same error.
Any way I can fix this? Am I missing some kind of required software?
EDIT: Forum User Taak explained that what I needed to do was place the folder in the Applications folder. It works now. If anyone has a similar issue to me, please try to follow this procedure first before posting it here.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020
I downloaded Java version 8 and I am trying to play this game through Mac. But it's giving me a weird error about how there is no Res folder. Even though I extracted it properly and the Java file is inside the same shared folder as the Res Folder. It tells me there's a missing Res Folder. I tried extracting it in a different area. I tried three different extraction programs (Unarchiver, Winzip and Archive Utility), even tried putting the zip file in the same folder as the game data, tried moving the whole folder onto another place like desktop, but it still gives me the same error.
Any way I can fix this? Am I missing some kind of required software?
For context, here's a screencap

Teize

Nov 6, 2017
How often does this game get updated?
To my knowledge, it used to be once or twice a month. However, the current update schedule is unknown as the dev is either scamming fans to continue getting paid or they are experiencing delays due to incompetence/feature creep, depending on who you ask.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I mean, I can understand with the game being at the point its at now that patches take way more work now. I haven't been following the development of this like some games, so I can only judge it by the shit people are saying. It sounds mostly just like the dev needs to stop promising shit they can't keep up with though. Most devs can't keep up with the goals they set for the their patreon/subscribestar. It's pretty simple: The more complex a game gets, the harder it is to update it/keep it functioning (More time between updates). Money goals tend to be inflexible with these sites (Promising an update every month or whatever), a game like this needs flexibility on update times.

At least unless it's: The dev only gets paid when they release a new update. Patreon has an option for that (Though pretty much nobody seems to use it), I dunno about Subscribestar. That option still has the issue of devs just pushing half assed updates though. There's really no system out right now that encourages devs to be consistently high quality, they all encourage laziness. It's the default of human nature to be lazy and seek the easiest/less energy intensive route. If somebody can make as much money doing half the work, then 95% of the time people will do that. That's why I hate these crowdfunding sites that encourage this.

If it's between the "paid every update" or "paid monthly", I'd prefer the paid every update though. At least it's forces some kind of consistency in updates. The monthly pay is pretty anti consumer. The best method I can come up with would be a "pay only when update" and devs needs to post/follow a to-do list for the next patch. They can only release the new patch when all the stuff on the list is complete. That would give people the option of seeing exactly what's coming and know if it's worth investing in.

Any devs that post their own roadmap/to do list and actually follow through with it have my respect, because it's hella professional and hella rare, lol.

Last edited:

Shirakuroi

May 12, 2018
I'll just quote someone from the blogspot comment of this game by someone using the username "Ivory" that is the whole rundown about everything so far...

"
The issue with the release dates is an old one. Inno has gone back and forth a few times between posting estimates and going by "when it's ready". I don't know why she insists on posting strict, unrealistic deadlines but I assume it's related to the same reason why she doesn't like to work under the "when it's ready" mentality.

The release dates are more for herself than her followers - she uses it as an incentive to work harder, to try and get things done by said date. It never works, but she feels like without them, she tends to take longer to get things done. To be honest, I think the amount of time it takes her to get a new version out is more or less the same - with or without deadlines.

Then there's the fact the community is split on this, as with a few other things. Some people prefer to have release dates while others believe the "when it's ready" is better. No matter what her decision is, someone will always approve or disapprove accordingly. I think the middle-ground - that most people prefer - is posting when it's ready but writing a progress report every once in a while, to get a sense of progression and to know what is being worked on. The issue is that she sometimes forgets about those (or simply doesn't want to) or only posts on her Sub.Star website, meaning a chunk of the community misses them and thinks she went radio silent.
"

Also... It's mostly "Feature Creep" that is the culprit for the current "delay"... Innoxia decided to work on another core mechanic that would make putting storyline things easier in the long run... if it gets completed and not put in the backburner again like the "Companion" mechanic...

Golden_Buddy

Aug 9, 2020
anyone got any mods they want to share. I know that the discord exists but you never know what other users have

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
There's one that I know of that floats around on ATF (it's mostly for those wanting to break the age limit, though), but other than that, the pile on Discord's pretty much it I think.

From what I understand, most modders have had little interest in doing anything beyond quick and dirty mods that maybe add an outfit with custom art for it, the occasional guns from Doom, or some random tat. My guess has been that anything more complicated would be more work than modders want, what can be modded is simply that limited, or both. Likely both from what I gather.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes