dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
Yeah, I think many are conflating the attributes of the media format and have a mismatched perspective. It starts with the notion that games are always like linear stories. Yes, plot and narrative are huge parts of games sometimes, but other times it takes a back seat to other issues and features. It's not like a novelist who refuses to publish the next installment or a screenwriter who won't finish their movie script.

If I wanted a complete smut story, I would read a book, no joke. I think users here would be amazed by books because they like text and narrative, plot and characters. Authors usually know their craft, otherwise their critics would hound them as well. Often, when I'm trying something on this site, it barely qualifies as a "game" in my mind. You know, where you click through pages of text and images, only to come to some inconsequential choice, when it doesn't matter what the PC does. Or, when you take a significant turn down the wrong path with no way to undo it. I usually regret being given the choice in the first place in both those cases. That's when I think, I much rather someone read this game to me like an audiobook. Folks are fixated on a certain mode that doesn't make sense to me, as an avid consumer of book smut. And if you like pictures, there's comics/manga too.

My bad, that was a long digression. In any case, progress on this type of project doesn't always pay off, so it's silly to have the perspective of a disappointed consumer since we already knew this was coming and we shouldn't be really invested in such expectations anyway.

I like how fools are posting how long they waited for this patch, only to find it didn't have what they wanted. :LOL: Haha, I don't get it. We knew from the dev blog, months in advance, the outline of this update. If your expectations were already low, and now the development failed to exceed those expectations, then I would assume you wouldn't be disappointed. And yet, they keep coming with their cliche jokes, lol.

Golden_Buddy

Aug 9, 2020
I like how fools are posting how long they waited for this patch, only to find it didn't have what they wanted. :LOL: Haha, I don't get it. We knew from the dev blog, months in advance, the outline of this update. If your expectations were already low, and now the development failed to exceed those expectations, then I would assume you wouldn't be disappointed. And yet, they keep coming with their cliche jokes, lol.
you find another game that you can get pregnant or get someone else pregnant, give birth/wait for them to give birth, find your own kids, and have kids with them with the level of customization Lilith's throne and before you say Corruption of champions that is only with minotaurs, goblins, and maybe if you know the mechanics of how a encounter works and like to think it like that imps

TechGuardian

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, I think many are conflating the attributes of the media format and have a mismatched perspective. It starts with the notion that games are always like linear stories. Yes, plot and narrative are huge parts of games sometimes, but other times it takes a back seat to other issues and features. It's not like a novelist who refuses to publish the next installment or a screenwriter who won't finish their movie script.

If I wanted a complete smut story, I would read a book, no joke. I think users here would be amazed by books because they like text and narrative, plot and characters. Authors usually know their craft, otherwise their critics would hound them as well. Often, when I'm trying something on this site, it barely qualifies as a "game" in my mind. You know, where you click through pages of text and images, only to come to some inconsequential choice, when it doesn't matter what the PC does. Or, when you take a significant turn down the wrong path with no way to undo it. I usually regret being given the choice in the first place in both those cases. That's when I think, I much rather someone read this game to me like an audiobook. Folks are fixated on a certain mode that doesn't make sense to me, as an avid consumer of book smut. And if you like pictures, there's comics/manga too.

My bad, that was a long digression. In any case, progress on this type of project doesn't always pay off, so it's silly to have the perspective of a disappointed consumer since we already knew this was coming and we shouldn't be really invested in such expectations anyway.

+1

In addition: bugfixing, tiding up the engine and making tutorials, tools and possibilities for general modmaking will open the true potential of this already great game — flexibility and customization on par with its own characters.
It is a bit sad that story is frozen for now.
Who can be serious saying that the foundation made to ease addition of entirely new races, ferals and things like oviposition is a small thing?

Taak

Jun 21, 2017
Haha, I don't get it. We knew from the dev blog, months in advance, the outline of this update.
1) Only those who waste their time on devblog knew
2) Even them were promised that this update will have "field content". I will even be so nice and will help you refresh the timeframe with quotes from Inno's blog.

Timeline:
  • 28 September - "Once I've got the race modding finished, I'll most likely push it to github and put together a small SubscribeStar update (v0.3.10 or something) so that the race modding can be played with a bit. The full public release of v0.4 will then be out at the earliest on the 9th October."
  • 16 October - "I'll get a preview version released as soon as this is complete, and will then make a full public release soon after with some Fields content."
  • 28 October - "I'm hoping to have something ready to push to github by the end of this week or the start of the next one. After that, I'll spend a week or so adding some Fields content before making a public release of v0.4."
  • 14 December - Release of 3.9.10 (2 months later than what was initially promised)

No pattern here. No reason for people to feel disappointment (and they are consumers because they use this product, thus disappointed consumer).
Yeah... Use your brain next time you decide to write a long comment, ok? So I don't have to reply to stupidity.

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
No pattern here. No reason for people to feel disappointment (and they are consumers because they use this product, thus disappointed consumer).
Yeah... Use your brain next time you decide to write a long comment, ok? So I don't have to reply to stupidity.
You've totally missed my point. You can't comprehend a simple idea and go insulting people's intelligence, lol. The problem is you already recognized the pattern, and yet you still expect more! :D

Firstly, all you've shown is the dev was very late, which we already knew; and others have discussed the tardiness at length, but I think that is pointless. Moreover, you proved that you knew well ahead of time this update was going to be racial modding BS, so there's no reason to assume additional story content besides the "Fields" thing, clearly a last minute afterthought and not the main focus of development in this timeframe. More importantly, even if she promised you the entire world, my earlier point is that you shouldn't expect it to be delivered whole and on-time. (Nothing like that happened, regardless.)

As a sidenote, I don't think we're consumers unless we buy the product; sharing or giving/taking stuff doesn't strike me as consumerism. I certainly don't consider myself a consumer, but this is just semantics nonsense. It's not important.

It's a struggle to understand your contradictory perspective: you complain about checking the devblog as if it's a chore you don't care to do, but you obviously care enough about this game to be upset and disappointed. Also, who complains about "wasting time" checking an adult game's blog? This whole forum is a waste of time if you want to get technical. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Taak

Jun 21, 2017
I like how fools are posting how long they waited for this patch, only to find it didn't have what they wanted. :LOL:
You can't comprehend a simple idea and go insulting people's intelligence, lol.
Just let me point out how much of a hypocrite you are.

Thank you for your effort to prove my point. And please consider my advise about using your brain before writing essay next time?

Taak

Jun 21, 2017
It's a struggle to understand your contradictory perspective: you complain about checking the devblog as if it's a chore you don't care to do, but you obviously care enough about this game to be upset and disappointed. Also, who complains about "wasting time" checking an adult game's blog? This whole forum is a waste of time if you want to get technical. :ROFLMAO:

And as a separate reply. I know that English isn't everyones first (native) language, and that maybe it isn't your native language so heres a few things:
  • I do not complain in my comment, I explain you how your smug comment is incorrect
  • Don't make assumptions of how people feel. That makes an ass out of you and only weakens your argument
  • Also, read my reply again. See them/people in there? Thats is generalisation of those who are unhappy with the 3.9.10 or as you wrote in your essay fools. I don't write anywhere in there that I am a part of this group.
I made my points. Have no habit to respond more than three times on one subject. Ciao.

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
Just let me point out how much of a hypocrite you are...
Thank you for your effort to prove my point. And please consider my advise about using your brain before writing essay next time?
I never said I don't insult; I just thought it was funny you would start on that basis when you clearly missed the point. (btw, "fool" is pretty generic, imo; but I'm sorry if you're personally offended.)

It's hilarious that you'd question my English when your previous posts' strange construction is what led to the confusion. I think I made reasonable assumptions about your (their) feelings, especially since you're trying to split hairs on what counts as a complaint.

Just saying something doesn't make it true; you need to explain and demonstrate it. We're not really making points anymore. I was earlier, but I gave up trying to communicate with you. We're just exchanging insults now.

Lady_Yvraine

Jul 7, 2020
After that, I'll spend a week or so adding some Fields content before making a public release of v0.4.
So... yeah, nah. We knew 0.3.10 wouldn't have had Fields content, it was still going to come in 0.4.
Reworking the system for extended race support later would most likely have broken many more things, and taken much longer, it was the sensible thing to do it as soon as possible.

About being a disappointed consumer... I understand being frustrated something you like doesn't get to its full potential, but we still are on a pirates forum and nobody is forcing anyone to support Inno.
I surely don't, and she herself told people it's fair to stop their subscription until she can get some content out.

It's not really an assumption when every day there are four more posts repeating the same complaints over and over again.
We all know about the development issues of this game by now, and what could be done to improve the situation.
The parroting is useless, and getting more tiring than the wait.

Inno should get someone on board to help or teach her coding and we should stop complaining about the same thing over and over again.
We all surely are able to do the latter, and we may help with the former if we really wanted to.

Golden_Buddy

Aug 9, 2020
Lol then you have never actually played CoC if you're saying this.
those are the only sexual encounters that have incest and someone can get pregnant. read the rest of my post and you would see that I am correct in my statement. i know that you can get pregnant by a lot of the combat encounters but MY post wasn't about pure pregnancy it was about incestous pregnancy. there are also harpys and mice that you can screw your kids but they have no getting or making someone else pregnant. you can fuck your mino children in the high mountain a get pregnant by them, you can fuck a goblin named tami in the woods and eventually find a hoard of your children that you can fuck them pregnant, and finally the imp hoard that can attack you at night gets made more common if you give birth to imps. but I'm willing to learn of another incest encounter that someone gets pregnant anon707

edit I just remember that during the mice encounter they can impregnate their mother its not going to happen all the time but some of the time

Last edited:
Reactions: SordidDreams

Masterpwner

Apr 4, 2019
Anyone know how to check for something OTHER than body covering for a subspecies weighting? I cant get the game to tell im a modded race even if every part it will let me change is that race. Sidenote, depsite the only difference being the descriptions and the race names, 2 separate attempts at modded races refuse to have asses selectable in-game but one's legs/penis are and the other's are not and i have no idea why.
EDIT: i just realised it seems to check if you are that race, then check for subspecies so now im trying to figure out how it determines if you are that race in the first place since i can change something to bat for example and my race instantly updates. But i cant get it to recognize a modded one. The race-resets menu features one of my 2 attempts but besides not really working it still doesnt change my actual race identifier.
If i give myself a bunch of features then set my body to slime it will call me a slime-"moddedracename1" tho so clearly it KNOWS that race exists?
I cant figure out why im getting such wildly different results for some of these parts when theirs no visible difference in the file for it(besides the names).

Last edited:

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Anyone know how to check for something OTHER than body covering for a subspecies weighting? I cant get the game to tell im a modded race even if every part it will let me change is that race. Sidenote, depsite the only difference being the descriptions and the race names, 2 separate attempts at modded races refuse to have asses selectable in-game but one's legs/penis are and the other's are not and i have no idea why.
EDIT: i just realised it seems to check if you are that race, then check for subspecies so now im trying to figure out how it determines if you are that race in the first place since i can change something to bat for example and my race instantly updates. But i cant get it to recognize a modded one. The race-resets menu features one of my 2 attempts but besides not really working it still doesnt change my actual race identifier.
If i give myself a bunch of features then set my body to slime it will call me a slime-"moddedracename1" tho so clearly it KNOWS that race exists?
I cant figure out why im getting such wildly different results for some of these parts when theirs no visible difference in the file for it(besides the names).
The game still uses the same weighted bodyparts system to check your main race, this happens automatically based on the parts you defined for your race. After that the most basic check you'll want to use when the subspecies is the race is something like
XML:
<subspeciesWeighting><![CDATA[
        #IF(targetedRace==RACE_NoStepOnSnek_snake)
        #ELSE
        #ENDIF
    ]]></subspeciesWeighting>
Make sure every subspeciesWeighting always returns a sensible number!

Reactions: organord

Masterpwner

Apr 4, 2019
So i swapped the weighting as you suggested but i still have the main issue that i cant get the game to say im that race. Ive swapped every part i can to that races but its still not budgeing. Again just swapping 1 or 2 parts is enough to make the game say im a batmorph or something else so idk why this one isint going off. I assume im missing some definition somewhere
EDIT: I got one of the 2 races to be recognized, again i have no idea why one works and not the other but thats good. The only change was bringing the weighting subspecies change over since i initaly tested it on one.

Last edited:

Ara Ara Ara

May 27, 2018
I just wanted to point out the MOST BROKEN ONE SHOT build out there.

1. Go with 'Soldier' Occupation (Perk: Controlled Aggression)

2. Get SLAM (Earth Spell) from the Vicky in the Shopping Arcade (Arcane Arts)

3. Get Arcane Precision in the Perk Tree under Natural Arcane Power. (Phone Tab)

4. Get Observant in the Perk Tree under Natural Fitness. (Phone Tab)

So let me explain how the damage is caluclated (reguardless of bonus Physical Damage %)

'Soldier' Occupation Perk: Controlled Aggression gives you 2x Damage in the first turn for all 3 AP points, so I can't think of a better Occupation for damage unless you wanna roleplay something else.

SLAM is the highest BASE damage(of 40) spell you could easily get in the early game. I also checked to see if Vicky had a weapon that had a stronger base damage than 40, however there wasn't. (I'm not sure if you get a better spell than this late game. I haven't played in a long time. Last time I played was when the Enchantment Capacity wasn't a thing so late game anyone builds could be broken.)

Based on this information you would only get 80 Physical Damage, but if you just use the SLAM action alone first turn. You get the CRITICAL from SLAM, easiest CRITICAL you could do. At base Critical Power is 150% so you get 120 Physical damage.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! I am not to sure if the Physical Damage 15% is added on to this however for minimum sake we will only calulate Spell Damage % which mine is currently at 15% with Arcane Precision.

We will use 120(Base) x 1.15(Spell Damage %) and we will get 138 at a minimum and if the Physical Damage is added on from the base of 120. We will get a max of 156(Spell Damage % + Physical Damage %). I have hit around 180 before with no idea how I hit that high, but my guess is that there are hidden rolls that we don't see. If you hit lower than 138 tho its probably because of enemy has Physical Shielding however that shouldn't be the case anyways because of Arcane Precision -10 from ALL shielding.

This is ONLY from level 3(without any Enchantments). At Level 3, you could solo the two guys in the Arcade Storage.

If you have any cool builds, let me know. :)

NAME A BETTER OCCUPATION THAN SOLDIER.

CHANGE MY MIND. LOL

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

csf91

Jan 5, 2018
1) Only those who waste their time on devblog knew
2) Even them were promised that this update will have "field content". I will even be so nice and will help you refresh the timeframe with quotes from Inno's blog.

Timeline:
  • 28 September - "Once I've got the race modding finished, I'll most likely push it to github and put together a small SubscribeStar update (v0.3.10 or something) so that the race modding can be played with a bit. The full public release of v0.4 will then be out at the earliest on the 9th October."
  • 16 October - "I'll get a preview version released as soon as this is complete, and will then make a full public release soon after with some Fields content."
  • 28 October - "I'm hoping to have something ready to push to github by the end of this week or the start of the next one. After that, I'll spend a week or so adding some Fields content before making a public release of v0.4."
  • 14 December - Release of 3.9.10 (2 months later than what was initially promised)

First of all, just quoting, not a direct response to you or anyone, and i have 0 intentions of turning this into a personal thing for anyone, just sharing my opinion and point of view.

I'm a game developer, learning on my own. Recently decided to put my skills to test participating in a Game jam, to have a deadline to complete a full project (in this case ONE week), the things you plan vs the ones you get to do in time differ A LOT. There's some features or parts of code that you think will take you 1 hour, maybe two, and end up being the whole day, be it because the initial idea or approach didn't work, bugs in the code as it gets build up, or whatever other reason, there's as many things that can go wrong as individual elements and lines of code in a game.

I'm seeing a lot of people critizicing about timelines, but we are not talking about big companies here, like Epic, Blizzard or any others. But instead, individuals or small (indie) teams, who outsource maybe the art, maybe the voice acting, maybe the coding, or some even do it all themselves.

My point: While it's nice to keep a date limit to release things, it should never be taken to one's heart, these developers are mostly passionate about what they do and i'm sure they are the first who want to be releasing it as soon as possible, but rushed things won't do. The wait can be a pain for users, but as long as the developer keeps his work up and delivers, you should at least encourage them, if you like their work. Not to mention everything has costs, and they need to pay bills.
In the case of LT's they secured the financial situation wich is awesome, but many have not.

Also, as a bit of an example in my case, from the experience i got in this game jam i've mentioned: i've gone ahead and tried to update the game after receiving feedback, did it (in time and with good results), and got feedback again. Based on what i've found regarding times for modifying things, for this last feedback i've said "oh, i can do that, maybe 2-3 days will be enough" (it was a small rework in difficulty).
Well... To complete that, i had to rework the ENTIRE difficulty mechanic, and guess what? my computer's GPU decided to die overnight, just because it was old and now i can't even start the engine to keep working on it/compile what i had ready. Things can go wrong, and sucks, but it is what it is, and (here speaking about myself) i do what i can, with what i have (and i'm sure most of those teams do as well; but this, again, is just my point of vew).

Cheers and have a good one, everyone :)

*Edited to correct a few typos >.<

Last edited:

Cyrix98

Nov 13, 2018
Just so people know, this game is mod supportive. Instead of just complaining how long between updates while the chreator was sick you could always create your own content you wanted to see in-game. Just food for thought.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes