alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
No shit? One of the discord mods is modding this discussion?
That does seem kinda like a conflict of interests with this being Yarh Har crowd. You guys know who? TBH I never had a problem with the real mods on the discord they seemed pretty even handed. it was the baby mods they set up (Leo in particular) that seemed unreasonable. Still probably not a bad idea to have your own corner. But please come visit this thread. I'd ask to come along but I'm pretty sure I seem suspect as I have no hate for Inno, just her discord.
I've been watching which mods come in and out around the times the thread gets purged, I have a suspect, but nothing conclusive...yet. I figured it was some new blood on the Discord, not just all of them. I'd say you're welcome in our spaces as well as long as you don't try to disrupt us just because we speak negatively toward the developer or the game's development as it is now. I'll be sticking around here, of course, I have other threads I am active in anyway.

Probably if your active drive is a HDD it wouldn't, but with my active drive being the SSD it did seem to improve performance quite a bit probably because the page file is on SSD. You should try moving your page file to the SSD it will improve the performance of your computer over all. If you haven't already.
My main drive is my SSD with the HDD second as a place where I put large files. If this game ever gets to the point of being over 2GB, not likely in Inno's hands, it will get moved for space reasons.

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
I've been watching which mods come in and out around the times the thread gets purged, I have a suspect, but nothing conclusive...yet. I figured it was some new blood on the Discord, not just all of them. I'd say you're welcome in our spaces as well as long as you don't try to disrupt us just because we speak negatively toward the developer or the game's development as it is now. I'll be sticking around here, of course, I have other threads I am active in anyway.

My main drive is my SSD with the HDD second as a place where I put large files. If this game ever gets to the point of being over 2GB, not likely in Inno's hands, it will get moved for space reasons.
Yeah hit me up. I am always down for respectful discussion of things I like (By respectful I mean respectful of the principals in the discussion, people are welcome to their opinions of any product IDC). And I have found that discussion with people I don't agree with (In terms of the developer anyway, I am not ready to outright call Innoxia disingenuous I have not seen evidence of that) is good for my perspective and soul. I am a free speech guy. This cancel culture shit has to go. The remedy for bad speech is more speech. I will say though (I just thought on it a little more) If that Slaanesh's Champion guy is gonna be there just save the invite. I don't need to be slandered just because someone wants to flame

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
lmao, I love all the passive aggressive bitchy comments.

Also, this computer discussion is in need some of How Computers Work 100 lessons. Maybe once the new update comes out, otherwise I'm pretty much bored of just complaining about moderation.

Reactions: alex2011

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
lmao, I love all the passive aggressive bitchy comments.

Also, this computer discussion is in need some of How Computers Work 100 lessons. Maybe once the new update comes out, otherwise I'm pretty much bored of just complaining about moderation.
Well that would certainly explain why you are leaving the passive aggressive bitchy comments. Grats on at least being honest about it. BTW, I am still waiting on your technical breakdown of how to initiate that memory leak. Screeny or it didn't happen.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Far from being a core element when the main story, literally the core of the game, is supposed to take us through all nine areas plus each of the settlements in each area? Yeah, no, it is most definitely a core element.
It's supposed to sometime in the future, but in the current version it does not exist. Therefore, it's not the reason people like this game, it's not the reason they play this game. It can't be, because it doesn't exist. Simple as that.

Not many people want to take two steps just to trigger an encounter EVERY time.
Oh, I see the problem. You misunderstand "content" to only mean "random encounter". It does not.

fast travel is how ALL games handle super long distances when the player just wants to get to their destination without issue
Thereby putting a band-aid on the issue of having super long distances in the game in the first place.

Nothing is limitless, the player is eventually going to see those limits no matter what you do.
Yes, but it's a poor idea to actively draw attention to them, which is what you want to do.

what I said is it would put content in empty areas and stop the overflow happening inside Dominion
Yes, and I pointed out that copypasting the same content into different places doesn't add anything to the game and that there is no overflow happening in Dominion. Get with the program.

Too late, far too late, the game was stated to have 9 areas with their own settlements by the end of development, not just one. Going back on that now would be like shooting yourself in the foot with a nuclear missile.
Wrong way around again. Attempting to carry out that overambitious plan would be shooting yourself in the foot.

As an experienced programmer, I can definitely agree here. This is a project for a large team with no inexperienced developers on it, not for a single person who chose it for their first project. Even AAA devs would take a project like this cautiously.
And yet you insist that Inno needs to keep pushing ahead without scaling the game down? The only logical conclusion here is that you want her to fail and abandon the project. Which doesn't really gel with your claims that you want the game to be good.

Feb 20, 2019
Sent, feel free to spread them among the people NOT trying to censor us.

Reddit in a nutshell.

Yes, yes they do, little do they know I lurk in the shadows there as well, commenting in ways that emulate them. Funny thing, they caught me once when I was helping out in the Free Cities thread, but they've never caught on to which among them was me.

They don't like that kind of content, or furry, so this gets a bad rep over there as well. They also don't seem to know that there is a difference between humanoid animals, furries, and humans with animal ears and tails, monster girls as we call them here.

Far from being a core element when the main story, literally the core of the game, is supposed to take us through all nine areas plus each of the settlements in each area? Yeah, no, it is most definitely a core element.

Because, as I have said repeatedly, It actually IS a bad thing. Not many people want to take two steps just to trigger an encounter EVERY time. There has to be a break in between in some instances, which is where traveling the street tiles of settlements and only having a chance, not a guarantee, to trigger content in the wild areas WITHOUT triggering content come in. The game just gets tedious if literally every step leads to more content.

No, a band aid is adding a patch to fix a bug while putting the patch code into the game itself for the next release, fast travel is how ALL games handle super long distances when the player just wants to get to their destination without issue. You use traveling on foot when you actually want to trigger content in the wild.

No, I got your point, but it doesn't apply here. What I describe is how to properly manage an open world game. Putting content literally everywhere is not the way to do that.

It doesn't have to be the same, it can have a bunch of different scenarios it can pull from at any time. Random does not mean the same.

And? Nothing is limitless, the player is eventually going to see those limits no matter what you do.

It only gets boring if they do the same thing every time, they wouldn't in this case. Not only would the races be procedurally generated as we already see in the game, but the situations that come up would be as well. Is the balde eage harpy that just popped up here to rape you? Mug you? Eat you? Did they lose a child somewhere that needs to be found and came to the nearest person, you, for help in their search? Maybe they came to get help against a group of bandits. There are so many different scenarios I can think of off the top of my head for the fields alone. I have at least 200 different ones already playing out in my head. That would most definitely be more than enough to satisfy the issue of boredom. It would take a LONG time to see them all just on the randomization alone.

No, what Dominion suffers from is having three times the content, at least, that it should.

That kind of content is already supposed to happen all over the game world. The only places you are supposed to be safe is on the streets of a settlement or just outside of one. I never said it would make the game good, what I said is it would put content in empty areas and stop the overflow happening inside Dominion.

At this point, nothing will make the game good, at best it is destined to be okay, but good is a stretch.

Which is the way I was thinking of it when I gave that idea in the first place.

Like what Dominion is currently NOT doing.

Too late, far too late, the game was stated to have 9 areas with their own settlements by the end of development, not just one. Going back on that now would be like shooting yourself in the foot with a nuclear missile.

As an experienced programmer, I can definitely agree here. This is a project for a large team with no inexperienced developers on it, not for a single person who chose it for their first project. Even AAA devs would take a project like this cautiously.
They don't like furries and futa but they sure like lolis and necrophilia. :KEK:

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
The subreddit is very bare bones at the moment because I'm not planning on sticking around as the admin. I'm waiting for Alex to come back and accept the request to take over, he can spice up the place to his taste.

Last edited:

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
So modding seems kinda scant, or are they just not posted here? Is there a repository somewhere that isn't discord? Honestly, I'm kinda more interested in what the community has to offer. Like real weapons and armour for instance. You can find an arming sword and a buckler but not some old re-enactment nerd's chainmail? Thinking about it, it would fit in seamlessly with some kinda vendor in that one anachronistic Lilin's mansion and would be impetus to play the main game. (Not that I don't debug everything anyway)

Reactions: H3ntaiMaster69

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It's supposed to sometime in the future, but in the current version it does not exist. Therefore, it's not the reason people like this game, it's not the reason they play this game. It can't be, because it doesn't exist. Simple as that.

Oh, I see the problem. You misunderstand "content" to only mean "random encounter". It does not.

Thereby putting a band-aid on the issue of having super long distances in the game in the first place.

Yes, but it's a poor idea to actively draw attention to them, which is what you want to do.

Yes, and I pointed out that copypasting the same content into different places doesn't add anything to the game and that there is no overflow happening in Dominion. Get with the program.

Wrong way around again. Attempting to carry out that overambitious plan would be shooting yourself in the foot.

And yet you insist that Inno needs to keep pushing ahead without scaling the game down? The only logical conclusion here is that you want her to fail and abandon the project. Which doesn't really gel with your claims that you want the game to be good.
Just because it doesn't exist doesn't mean people aren't expecting it to eventually, in fact, just the opposite. The majority expects it to become what was stated by Inno, an open world game with 9 areas with their own settlements.

No, that's not what I said at all. What I said applies to ANY content, randomized or not. There are very few who want there to be content that triggers every two steps. Two ways to do this exist, one being in the game now that would require a tweak to the encounter rate.

The first is the obvious, random encounters set to an encounter rate of more than 75% chance would effectively start triggering encounters every two steps. This issue is under control because the encounter rate ISN'T above 75% chance and there are safe tiles, namely the streets. That mitigation would be severely diminished it EVERY tile had content.

The second is by assigning specific content to trigger on every tile. This would mean content would trigger every time you enter the tile it is assigned to without fail. Doing this for EVERY tile is not only tedious in development, more so than a random encounter system, but it is also tedious on the player end because the only way to NOT trigger content is to not move at all, which renders playing at all boring and useless because you HAVE to move in order to play and just sitting there is boring.

It is not a band aid and super long distances is not an issue. Just because you don't want it that way doesn't make it an issue. The ONLY issues in the game specifically are the overcrowding of Dominion by side quests and the NPC limit that these side quests will eventually hit with or without any random encounter NPCs sticking around. If super long distances is an issue, your favorite example, Skyrim, has that issue big time, but it does not because it is not.

Nothing suggested here will actively draw attention to it and that kind of thing is blatantly obvious no matter what you do. It will happen eventually, so the best way to deal with it is to NOT deal with it, but instead to work within the confines of those limits. Generally speaking, it's not like the developer forced themselves into having these limits, they already existed and cannot be overcome without so much knowledge in the coding language that you can write things that previously could not be done and that transcend those limits.

I never said Inno should copy and paste the same exact content. In fact, if you had read my full comment, you would have seen examples of completely different content that randomization code could pull out at any given point on any given tile.

There IS overflow in Dominion, too much focus was put on adding side content inside its walls and it was stuffed full of content with nothing for the other area that exists to the north, the fields. I thought you said having no content was bad, but the fields have literally no content and, if I didn't know any better, I would think you were ignoring the fields being without content.

Having some spaces where content DOESN'T happen is a GOOD thing, having none of those is a BAD thing. The overflow of content is on the edge of threatening to leave no tiles where content DOESN'T happen.

Wrong, again, just because you don't like open world, which you are making blatantly clear, doesn't mean it should be scrapped. Not after several years where it was the plan. If you don't like it, fine, move on to a game that doesn't have it, but the game does not need to do something just because one person wants it that way.

It would not be too late if this was still in the first five releases of the game, but it has literally been years in the making under the pretext that it would be open world with 9 zones and settlements in each and there has been no sign it will move away from that. It would be stupid and would kill most, if not all, support for the game to do so after literally years of saying it would be this way.

I agree that this was too ambitious for one person to use as their first project, but it is too late to change that, it should have been done some time in the first year at the latest.

Yes, because Inno has been saying it would be this way for far too long to go back now. There IS no go back at this point. The ONLY option that allows the game to continue is to push forward as originally planned.

I would agree if it hadn't been years into development, but the expectation is for the game as it was stated originally and expectations can instantly kill a game if they aren't met. We are talking about the difference between people sticking around and people leaving in large numbers here. If nobody plays the game, it can no longer continue development under ANY concept, not even your scaled down concept.

Less people means less money, less money means Inno has to get a normal job, normal jobs mean less time for the game and possibly its abandonment.

This isn't about what I want, what I want is for Inno to make decisions that will progress development instead of just spinning wheels, like asking for help as they continually refuse to do. I want Inno to succeed, but the choices Inno is making don't allow for that nor does scaling down the game this late into development.

For the sake of the game itself, it HAS to continue on its current path or it has to be ended here and now, those are the only two remaining options, make it continue or let it die. Scaling down WAS an option in the beginning, but that window passed a long time ago, it is too late to scale down and expect it to succeed.

It would be best to let it die, but I do not want Inno to fail, that's what makes the development choices Inno has made so aggravating, because we know those could have been avoided. I don't want the game to be good, I used to, but now I just want it to end in a complete state, not abandoned. I want it to reach the point where it can be declared complete, but the way things are going now doesn't make that look like it will ever happen.

It seems like the only finish we can ever expect is abandonment, I just hope Inno will prove me wrong one day.

The subreddit is up if anyone wants to join.

The subreddit is very bare bones at the moment because I'm not planning on sticking around as the admin. I'm waiting for Alex to come back and accept the request to take over, he can spice up the place to his taste.
And here I was keeping quiet about it until moderation is set up, which it is, I just accepted the invite.

So modding seems kinda scant, or are they just not posted here? Is there a repository somewhere that isn't discord? Honestly, I'm kinda more interested in what the community has to offer. Like real weapons and armour for instance. You can find an arming sword and a buckler but not some old re-enactment nerd's chainmail? Thinking about it, it would fit in seamlessly with some kinda vendor in that one anachronistic Lilin's mansion and would be impetus to play the main game. (Not that I don't debug everything anyway)
The GitHub does most of the modding, but there are some other places, one of which is autmatically censored by F95, literally turning 90% of the link into asterisks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arkus86

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Just because it doesn't exist doesn't mean people aren't expecting it to eventually, in fact, just the opposite.
Yes, but that doesn't make it a core component of the game. Something that doesn't exist can't be a core component.

No, that's not what I said at all. What I said applies to ANY content, randomized or not. There are very few who want there to be content that triggers every two steps. Two ways to do this exist, one being in the game now that would require a tweak to the encounter rate.
Oh, I see the problem. You misunderstand "content" to mean "something that gets forced on the player". It does not. I'm not sure why you'd think that, given that the game already contains plenty of content in tiles that you can freely move through without activating the content unless you choose to.

Nothing suggested here will actively draw attention to it and that kind of thing is blatantly obvious no matter what you do. It will happen eventually, so the best way to deal with it is to NOT deal with it, but instead to work within the confines of those limits. Generally speaking, it's not like the developer forced themselves into having these limits, they already existed and cannot be overcome without so much knowledge in the coding language that you can write things that previously could not be done and that transcend those limits.
Yes, making the world generator more complex is one of the ways that I mentioned to alleviate the issue. The other way that I mentioned is to use generated content sparingly so that its limitations don't become obvious as quickly. I'm not sure if you missed that part or if you thought that repeating half of what I said back at me would somehow refute what I said...?

It is not a band aid and super long distances is not an issue. Just because you don't want it that way doesn't make it an issue.
As I said previously, nobody likes traveling long distances. That's why everyone uses fast travel, the band-aid applied to that problem. Again, we've been over this.

I thought you said having no content was bad, but the fields have literally no content and, if I didn't know any better, I would think you were ignoring the fields being without content.
Yes, you really should know better, because I made it clear several times that the Fields should be cut precisely because they have no content. Given that nothing exists there, nothing will be lost.

Having some spaces where content DOESN'T happen is a GOOD thing, having none of those is a BAD thing.
That is technically true, but five years in we are still very far away from that. I haven't counted the tiles, but my guesstimate is that 95% or more tiles in Dominion are currently empty aside from random interchangeable NPCs. So we're quite safe from this supposed content overload, thank you very much for your concern.

I have to say, I never imagined I'd see anyone arguing that LT has too much content. The mind boggles.

I agree that this was too ambitious for one person to use as their first project, but it is too late to change that, it should have been done some time in the first year at the latest.
I guess you've never heard the saying "better late than never", huh?

I don't want the game to be good, I used to, but now I just want it to end in a complete state, not abandoned.
You say that, but for some reason you're against scaling it down, which is the quickest and best way of getting the game to a finished state. All the story content that was supposed to take place out in the countryside can just as easily happen in the city. If you want the game finished quickly, that means Inno should focus on story quests instead of side content. If she did that, what benefit would there be to those quests taking place out in the countryside? With no side content, that overworld would just be a load of empty tiles that you'd have to cross on your way to that quest. I see no benefit to having a huge empty map, and after all this time you still haven't managed to come up with one either.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
You seem to have completely missed the point of my Daggerfall comparison. Daggerfall is exactly what you describe, and as I said, there's a good reason they don't make games like that anymore. Unique, hand-crafted content will always be superior to generated content.
Correction. Big AAA Publishers who create games to sell to the lowest common denominator to generate as much revenue as humanly possible dont make games like that anymore. This Elder Scrolls comparison literally does you no favors.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
As I said previously, nobody likes traveling long distances. That's why everyone uses fast travel, the band-aid applied to that problem. Again, we've been over this.
You should really stick to speaking for yourself. You are not everyone, your preferences are not some universal standard that everyone agrees to. trying to use the standards that AAA companies use for optics primarily for the use of market optics to sell to the mass market does not help.

Reactions: NoStepOnSnek

Duarchy

Mar 3, 2019
The GitHub does most of the modding, but there are some other places, one of which is autmatically censored by F95, literally turning 90% of the link into asterisks.
Is this the link to the GitHub on the first page of the thread? How the hell do I navigate this? Most of it seems to be people posting bugs.

Jul 29, 2018
So alex2011 do you have the faintest idea who deleted my posts then? Flagging both my posts as off topic and spam? Since it was related to the game and I was seriously frustrated with the way the update turned out to be after waiting for this long? If you do we can simply report the mod for infringement of mod abilities. The founder mod for F95 is pretty level headed so there is that.

Also to the mod who dares to delete this post. I dare you to do so. I have already screenshotted this. And I'll be in touch with the F95 main mods. Try me.

If the folks here think that its not worth the hassle I'll drop this. I just don't agree with censoring one's thoughts under the guise of "off topic" and "spam" and it comes off as an complete abuse of mod powers.

Last edited:

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
What exactly is the advantage of building the spa at home? It cost so much (not that it matters but still..)

Deane9850

Jan 4, 2018
Buy and free slaves :D

I still trying to complete my monster musume harem too. I cant find the mermaid or the spiderwoman yet.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes