HJRQ

Jun 8, 2018
What exactly is the advantage of building the spa at home? It cost so much (not that it matters but still..)
The slaves can relax in there, it lowers their stress, and can increase their obedience/affection, depending on their character.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
I've gotten the links to the LT subreddit and I'll bookmark it and join as soon as I finish making an account on Reddit. I'll still continue to post here, but I'll be moving over there as soon as I get banished from f95. I feel a lot better about criticizing the game while having a retreat available. Thank you, Alex and Ivory.

Reactions: alex2011

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
How do you counter the "alternative win" attacks e.g. tail constrict or webbing? Blocking doesn't work, Escape only ends the encounter as normal, and contrary to the flavour text I do not see any mitigating effects when I just press "end turn" without selecting any actions. With the debuffs (especially AP) it doesn't feel like it's intended as a "win fast" timer either.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
I don't know why freeing slaves is now a thing, I really don't.
I was one of the people who requested it ((Well me and a million others)...
So, one of the reasons Lilaya recommends my character for a slaver license was so that Rose would have help with her duties around the mansion...

Now that my slaves can be freed, can I hire them to fill their old jobs?
(Can I hire anyone to work in the mansion?)

e-d :)

bobomb

Dec 2, 2017
So, one of the reasons Lilaya recommends my character for a slaver license was so that Rose would have help with her duties around the mansion...

I'ma just go enslave rapist succubi. :D

Reactions: e-disfunction

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yes, but that doesn't make it a core component of the game. Something that doesn't exist can't be a core component.

Oh, I see the problem. You misunderstand "content" to mean "something that gets forced on the player". It does not. I'm not sure why you'd think that, given that the game already contains plenty of content in tiles that you can freely move through without activating the content unless you choose to.

Yes, making the world generator more complex is one of the ways that I mentioned to alleviate the issue. The other way that I mentioned is to use generated content sparingly so that its limitations don't become obvious as quickly. I'm not sure if you missed that part or if you thought that repeating half of what I said back at me would somehow refute what I said...?

As I said previously, nobody likes traveling long distances. That's why everyone uses fast travel, the band-aid applied to that problem. Again, we've been over this.

Yes, you really should know better, because I made it clear several times that the Fields should be cut precisely because they have no content. Given that nothing exists there, nothing will be lost.

That is technically true, but five years in we are still very far away from that. I haven't counted the tiles, but my guesstimate is that 95% or more tiles in Dominion are currently empty aside from random interchangeable NPCs. So we're quite safe from this supposed content overload, thank you very much for your concern.

I have to say, I never imagined I'd see anyone arguing that LT has too much content. The mind boggles.

I guess you've never heard the saying "better late than never", huh?

You say that, but for some reason you're against scaling it down, which is the quickest and best way of getting the game to a finished state. All the story content that was supposed to take place out in the countryside can just as easily happen in the city. If you want the game finished quickly, that means Inno should focus on story quests instead of side content. If she did that, what benefit would there be to those quests taking place out in the countryside? With no side content, that overworld would just be a load of empty tiles that you'd have to cross on your way to that quest. I see no benefit to having a huge empty map, and after all this time you still haven't managed to come up with one either.
It only doesn't exist because Inno hasn't added it yet, the key word is yet. What you said is also not true, anything planned as a core element is a core element whether it exists or not. If it is not planned as a core element, it is not a core element unless added as one, but that is the only case where an element is only a core element while in the game.

Oh, I see the problem. You misunderstand "content" to mean "something that gets forced on the player". It does not. I'm not sure why you'd think that, given that the game already contains plenty of content in tiles that you can freely move through without activating the content unless you choose to.
No, what I said is the exact opposite of this. What you want is content to be forced on the player on every single tile, which is going to get people to quit because it is too tedious to have to go through more content every time the player moves. Content, unless specifically a player request, is forced on the player either way, but that is not what I meant at all by saying content. Your favorite example, Skyrim, doesn't have content pop up every time the dragonborn moves, neither does Daggerfall, why should Lilith's Throne be different? The answer is simple, it should not be in this regard.

Yes, making the world generator more complex is one of the ways that I mentioned to alleviate the issue. The other way that I mentioned is to use generated content sparingly so that its limitations don't become obvious as quickly. I'm not sure if you missed that part or if you thought that repeating half of what I said back at me would somehow refute what I said...?
A more complex generator would hide the limitations, especially with enough scenarios that it would take years to see them all due to how random it is, that is true. The other way you mentioned is what Dominion should have done in the first place. It is literally the opposite of what you are suggesting for the overall game. Instead of content on every tile, it should be used sparingly so that the player isn't bombarded by content for every second they play the game.

As I said previously, nobody likes traveling long distances. That's why everyone uses fast travel, the band-aid applied to that problem. Again, we've been over this.
Except players who like open world games and fast travel is the solution for people who don't. There are no band aids in a game for an element that was intentional, band aids are only used when a problem occurs that cannot be immediately solved. Fast travel is an intentional element in those games that have it, automatically disqualifying fast travel as a band aid.

Yes, you really should know better, because I made it clear several times that the Fields should be cut precisely because they have no content. Given that nothing exists there, nothing will be lost.
There are two reasons that would be very bad and would risk killing this game instantly.

1. The fields have been talked about by the developer and the players since day one and the last year plus change makes that even worse because we should be there by now as of August.

This means cutting an element that has been stated by the developer for several years straight to be something that will be added just because one person doesn't want to leave the city the game is stuck in, a VERY bad move. It also isn't that long a walk to Elis, I've done it at least three times since the blank fields were added from the Dominion tile to the Elis tile and it takes literally a minute of clicking, your favorite example, Skyrim, takes way longer to get places.

2. You don't just cut an element because nothing exists there when, as the developer, you specifically added the element to add content later. By the same logic, Dominion should have been cut because it was blank before the first quest was added. All of the new areas are going to start out blank and content will get added over time, that's how it works with large scale games, you place the map first and then you place content on that map, though I will admit that normally they come with at least one piece of content when added. The reason that did not happen in this case is because of Inno's focus on side content inside Dominion that never should have happened to the extent it did.

That is technically true, but five years in we are still very far away from that. I haven't counted the tiles, but my guesstimate is that 95% or more tiles in Dominion are currently empty aside from random interchangeable NPCs. So we're quite safe from this supposed content overload, thank you very much for your concern.

I have to say, I never imagined I'd see anyone arguing that LT has too much content. The mind boggles.
95% are street tiles that are meant to be blank except the occasional content for holidays that are on the calendar in the MC's room and that one cow morph that pops up at seemingly random. Literally only 5% are alleys, canals, places like the Harpy Nests, or other tiles that are not safe from random encounters when there is no arcane storm. The storms give all the content the streets need.

No, we are not only NOT safe from content overload, we are already experiencing the effects. That NPC cap wouldn't be getting hit by populating every tile if there wasn't an overload of content inside Dominion already.

I guess you've never heard the saying "better late than never", huh?
That stopped applying to this game when the plans to make it an open world game with 9 distinct areas and the settlements in each was set in motion and then proceeded for multiple years. In game development, that saying has a time limit, you can't just use it multiple years later to change core elements of the game just for one player.

You say that, but for some reason you're against scaling it down, which is the quickest and best way of getting the game to a finished state. All the story content that was supposed to take place out in the countryside can just as easily happen in the city. If you want the game finished quickly, that means Inno should focus on story quests instead of side content. If she did that, what benefit would there be to those quests taking place out in the countryside? With no side content, that overworld would just be a load of empty tiles that you'd have to cross on your way to that quest. I see no benefit to having a huge empty map, and after all this time you still haven't managed to come up with one either.
I say that because it was true when Inno started and it still is, but just because it never should have started this way doesn't mean it can be changed after multiple years of saying it would be made like it is currently.

I don't want it to get to a finished state quickly, I want it to be the best it can be, which rushing would not allow for. That said, story should be the focus and should have been from the beginning until it is completed and we enter the perpetual side content phase, yes. The game will never truly finish development as long as Inno has side contrent to add in this final phase mentioned in the previous sentence, a complete state would be completion of the core, which is the mechanics, the maps, and the main story.

No, that content cannot happen in the city because there is already an Elder Lilin controlling Dominion, Lyssieth. The others control other cities like Elis.

The benefit to having the story take place outside Dominion is sticking to the plan that the majority supports because the majority was told to expect that from the start and has been continually told that for multiple years. That means potentially getting more people to subscribe, which means more money. Not sticking to the plan could potentially do the opposite, which means losing money and possibly having to abandon the game out of necessity because Inno is no longer getting enough money to treat the game as a full time job. This kind of game is not the kind you can do successfully as a side project to a separate job, it takes a large amount of focus from everyone involved.

The only way I ever want to see this abandoned, and I would prefer Inno just works like they should have been from the start instead, is to abandon it in the hopes that more experienced developers would team up to finish it. I don't, under any circumstances, want to see this game abandoned because Inno had no choice.

The overworld is only empty FOR NOW, there will be content there at a later date, in fact, there should have been content there by August, but Inno thought a romance rework was more important. Don't expect it to instantly be filled the second it is added, that's not how game development works.

Correction. Big AAA Publishers who create games to sell to the lowest common denominator to generate as much revenue as humanly possible dont make games like that anymore. This Elder Scrolls comparison literally does you no favors.
I know, it is literally the exact opposite of what Sordid is advocating for. I remember one time when a quest in Skyrim sent me to the other side of the map, which was like 10-20 minutes of just walking and that's not including the multiple stops due to attacks by Justicars, vampires, wolves, sabretooth cats, bears, rogue mages of multiple types, bandits, dragons, and hired thugs sent by children.

I did A LOT more walking in Skyrim than I will ever do in Lilith's Throne and that is talking about the completed game that we may or may not ever see.

You should really stick to speaking for yourself. You are not everyone, your preferences are not some universal standard that everyone agrees to. trying to use the standards that AAA companies use for optics primarily for the use of market optics to sell to the mass market does not help.
That has been my main point the entire time, Sordid is literally the only person actively advocating the core of the game gets changed to only happening within Dominion, which essentially means keeping it as it is right now, just stuffed with so much content you can't even breathe without triggering more.

Is this the link to the GitHub on the first page of the thread? How the hell do I navigate this? Most of it seems to be people posting bugs.
Most of it is, but look for merges from users like DSG, not sure if that's their name there or if it is abbreviated in the change logs. I'm pretty sure the OP does have the link, yes.

Like I said before, I don't like the interface, that's why.

So alex2011 do you have the faintest idea who deleted my posts then? Flagging both my posts as off topic and spam? Since it was related to the game and I was seriously frustrated with the way the update turned out to be after waiting for this long? If you do we can simply report the mod for infringement of mod abilities. The founder mod for F95 is pretty level headed so there is that.

Also to the mod who dares to delete this post. I dare you to do so. I have already screenshotted this. And I'll be in touch with the F95 main mods. Try me.

If the folks here think that its not worth the hassle I'll drop this. I just don't agree with censoring one's thoughts under the guise of "off topic" and "spam" and it comes off as an complete abuse of mod powers.
I have a suspect, Fried because he was the one who posted the message after the second mass purge, but I do not have enough evidence to go to the staff yet. It would not be worth the hassle alone, but you are now the second to openly admit to screen shotting evidence, so we may have something in this case, granted the content of deleted posts should be enough since the staff will have a better Idea of what is off topic or not, as would we if the mods would tell us where we were wrong IF that is really the case.

That said, I wouldn't go egging the mods on to try it again, just be patient and keep collecting evidence.

Spiders should show up down in submission and the caves, merfolk still need to be reviewed and merged.
You mean the same place where we go for the slime quest? I'm not on the build it would be in yet, but that would be good to know once I am.

I've gotten the links to the LT subreddit and I'll bookmark it and join as soon as I finish making an account on Reddit. I'll still continue to post here, but I'll be moving over there as soon as I get banished from f95. I feel a lot better about criticizing the game while having a retreat available. Thank you, Alex and Ivory.
Of course, I'm not there all day, but I will be checking up on it, and any talk against Inno or the development choices made by them is on topic as far as I'm concerned over there.

I don't know why freeing slaves is now a thing, I really don't.
Somebody probably wanted it, but I see your point, it isn't very useful when all free guests really do is cost you money. You can't even have sex unless they are interested either by orientation if unrelated to you or orientation AND incest fetish if they are. No rape, unlike slaves, you just can't do it. It's all fine until they move in, then it's a big no no.

Example, I can rape my daughters on their starting tiles either by attack or by just attempting rape in their apartment, but it gets greyed out the second they move in.

I don't mind that they can't be raped from a general standpoint, but it irks me from a consistency standpoint. Either give the ability to be raped to everyone or to no one, same with consensual.

In fact, freeing them is actually a BAD thing in this regard, you can at least force yourself on your own offspring while they are enslaved. In fact, it is the ONLY way to get a forced encounter while they are moved into the mansion.

I was one of the people who requested it ((Well me and a million others) because I enslaved a lot of my rapist kids before I figured out how to get rid of that fetish. I'ma be able to unenslave my kids now without having to sell them to someone else.
I like the ability, my only problem is it opens them up to the inconsistency of not being allowed to have sex with them of any kind unless they have the incest fetish, which is only a problem of free offspring. Some people may want to do it with free offspring without having to rely on a single fetish they may or may not have come with.

I'm pretty sure that is only possible through people you can assign to help her, AKA slaves since you can't assign jobs to free guests.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
You mean the same place where we go for the slime quest? I'm not on the build it would be in yet, but that would be good to know once I am.

I like the ability, my only problem is it opens them up to the inconsistency of not being allowed to have sex with them of any kind unless they have the incest fetish, which is only a problem of free offspring. Some people may want to do it with free offspring without having to rely on a single fetish they may or may not have come with.
1) Yes.
2) They'll happily chug incest potions or wear enchanted gear once they're at/near max affection to you.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
1) Yes.
2) They'll happily chug incest potions or wear enchanted gear once they're at/near max affection to you.
1. I'll check it out once my own source is up to date.

2. The point is you can do it without relying on a fetish for other free guests and can do it without the incest fetish both on their spawn tile and when they are slaves, but not as free guests living in the mansion. It is a case of weird inconsistency with no logical explanation.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
What you said is also not true, anything planned as a core element is a core element whether it exists or not.
No. As I said, something that doesn't exist can't be a core element.

What you want is content to be forced on the player on every single tile, which is going to get people to quit because it is too tedious to have to go through more content every time the player moves. Content, unless specifically a player request, is forced on the player either way, but that is not what I meant at all by saying content. Your favorite example, Skyrim, doesn't have content pop up every time the dragonborn moves, neither does Daggerfall, why should Lilith's Throne be different? The answer is simple, it should not be in this regard.

There are no band aids in a game for an element that was intentional, band aids are only used when a problem occurs that cannot be immediately solved. Fast travel is an intentional element in those games that have it, automatically disqualifying fast travel as a band aid.
False. Just because something is intentional doesn't mean it isn't also a problem. Every design choice comes with pros and cons, and fast travel is a band-aid applied to one of those cons.

The fields have been talked about by the developer and the players since day one and the last year plus change makes that even worse because we should be there by now as of August.
That's my point exactly, that's exactly why I think they need to be cut. The error you're making here is basically the sunk cost fallacy. The more you lose, the more you double down.

You don't just cut an element because nothing exists there when, as the developer, you specifically added the element to add content later.
That is technically true, but you do cut areas when "later" has come and gone a dozen times already and there's still no content. Eventually you have to realize your plan is unrealistic and needs a revision, and postponing a needed revision does nothing but harm in the long run. "What is necessary is never unwise."

That NPC cap wouldn't be getting hit by populating every tile if there wasn't an overload of content inside Dominion already.
Again, you have a very strange definition of what "content" is. To my mind, a thousand randomly generated NPCs with boilerplate dialogue are not the same amount of content as a thousand hand-crafted NPCs with unique dialogue. You've seen one, you've seen them all. Yes, if you want, you can make the game choke on the sheer number of NPCs you generate, but that doesn't mean the game has a lot of content. That's just means you've copypasted one small bit of content a thousand times.

In game development, that saying has a time limit, you can't just use it multiple years later to change core elements of the game just for one player.
Maybe you should read up a bit on the history of game development, because plenty of games have had major cuts made to them even very late during their development. Hell, a lot of games got straight-up canceled when they were almost finished.

Not sticking to the plan could potentially do the opposite, which means losing money and possibly having to abandon the game out of necessity
It could also potentially be a great benefit, since it would allow the development of the game to finally move forward. Yeah, sure, some people who are heavily emotionally invested in the promised overworld might leave, but others who don't much care about it might replace them. See? I can counter your "potentially" with my own very easily. You know what is happening, though? Everyone is getting pissed off with how the development is (not) progressing.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
No. As I said, something that doesn't exist can't be a core element.

False. Just because something is intentional doesn't mean it isn't also a problem. Every design choice comes with pros and cons, and fast travel is a band-aid applied to one of those cons.

That's my point exactly, that's exactly why I think they need to be cut. The error you're making here is basically the sunk cost fallacy. The more you lose, the more you double down.

That is technically true, but you do cut areas when "later" has come and gone a dozen times already and there's still no content. Eventually you have to realize your plan is unrealistic and needs a revision, and postponing a needed revision does nothing but harm in the long run. "What is necessary is never unwise."

Again, you have a very strange definition of what "content" is. To my mind, a thousand randomly generated NPCs with boilerplate dialogue are not the same amount of content as a thousand hand-crafted NPCs with unique dialogue. You've seen one, you've seen them all. Yes, if you want, you can make the game choke on the sheer number of NPCs you generate, but that doesn't mean the game has a lot of content. That's just means you've copypasted one small bit of content a thousand times.

Maybe you should read up a bit on the history of game development, because plenty of games have had major cuts made to them even very late during their development. Hell, a lot of games got straight-up canceled when they were almost finished.

It could also potentially be a great benefit, since it would allow the development of the game to finally move forward. Yeah, sure, some people who are heavily emotionally invested in the promised overworld might leave, but others who don't much care about it might replace them. See? I can counter your "potentially" with my own very easily. You know what is happening, though? Everyone is getting pissed off with how the development is (not) progressing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SordidDreams alex2011 Gentlemen please either place your discussions behind spoilers, or take them to DM's. I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting tired of scrolling past half a mile of verbiage to get to the next comment. Or better yet, just agree to disagree and let the matter drop.
If only that last one were possible, but it seems we are of the same type, both too stubborn to give up. I would be glad to drop the subject. Quite frankly, I'm getting real freaking tired of repeating myself, something I typically hate to do anyway. But, that depends on Sordid, I won't drop it if he won't. I didn't even think of using the spoilers to shorten it, I will do that.

Reactions: anubis1970

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
If only that last one were possible, but it seems we are of the same type, both too stubborn to give up. I would be glad to drop the subject. Quite frankly, I'm getting real freaking tired of repeating myself, something I typically hate to do anyway. But, that depends on Sordid, I won't drop it if he won't. I didn't even think of using the spoilers to shorten it, I will do that.
I'm the same way, but thank you for the consideration.

Reactions: alex2011
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes