NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
I was thinking about stuff related to this a bit the other day. The companions system has been abandoned even if you can technically still use it, and the intention seems to be that the player (eventually) gets upgraded into a demon that can shapechange parts from other races while keeping the demon stats.

So the fact that the non-demon races are so weirdly balanced (some get next to nothing, some are busted) is basically meaningless. The built-in stat changes might as well not be there, honestly.
I hear ya, i miss the old days when all transformations were cosmetics and you could permanently raise stats with potions, sure was expensive as all hell, but at least you could be whatever ya wanted other than Demon and still be broken (also agreed with the guys above, Elementals are broken AF, i just felt like making a lust-based build for the funzies of trying out being a sheep-boi)

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
And even then, it'd be faster and easier to port the game to a competent engine than try to fix this one. Just ask the person trying to fix this one. It's not going well lol
sup :cool:

Honestly, most of the reason my forward progress more or less stopped is due to my day job. I have a few ideas on how I can make LT's scheduler and status system more efficient, but one can only bash their head against a keyboard for so many hours a week before they start to feel a little dizzy.

As far as a complete rewrite is concerned…well, the thought's crossed my mind. The problem is that despite Inno's technical design decisions being a bit sus, it's pretty clear to me that a lot of thought went into character interactions and the like. It's kind of surprising just how granular this game can get, even with the transformation system in mind. I get the impression that if Inno were in a situation where they could have written a detailed design document and handed it to a seasoned programmer, this baby would have been solid gold.

Damn. I thought there was a chance
Honestly, even if you were able to get it working (there is an Android port of JavaFX, so a relatively direct Android tablet port wouldn't be entirely out of the question, at least from a UI perspective), the game's performance and memory consumption can get pretty outrageous at times. You'd need a pretty high end SoC with a lot of RAM to really run it well, especially when you start to push toward late-game.

One issue is that while Innoxia is definitely not a professional making a professional product, I like to take a broader structural approach to these sorts of things and one takeaway I frequently hear from amateur programmers/designers/etc. is that Java is an absolute goddamn cesspit of a system and will murder every project of depth you will ever be able to dream of and initially implement. It just seems really bad.
Speaking as a diehard C# fanboy: Java is fine. There are aspects of it that feel a bit backwards to me due to the language itself not evolving as quickly as C++ and C# have in recent years, but I've been diving into LT's, uh, questionable code and didn't really have too many issues getting used to everything. Most of the issues here are with LT itself, not Java (and I'm referring to the language, the framework, and the surrounding ecosystem).

As for a practical example: I'd argue that the JetBrains IDEA-based IDEs are some of the best on the market and they're written in Java.

davethewizard

Jun 25, 2017
The worst part is, she'd be less stressed if she'd just hire on people to help her put out content more frequently. She'd also make way more money longterm, because consistently putting out high quality content gains subs. I just don't understand the logic. She's taking all this success for granted, and she'll wonder why it left her when it does.
You'd really think she'd bring in some outsiders, especially with the changelog looking like this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You'd really think she'd see that it might be worth getting help, wouldn't you?

But the ride never ends.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021
sup :cool:

Honestly, even if you were able to get it working (there is an Android port of JavaFX, so a relatively direct Android tablet port wouldn't be entirely out of the question, at least from a UI perspective), the game's performance and memory consumption can get pretty outrageous at times. You'd need a pretty high end SoC with a lot of RAM to really run it well, especially when you start to push toward late-game.
I will take a look at that, but why would it use so much RAM? It's a text game just like fenoxo games and they have android versions that run smoothly.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Ok guys real question here: which file saves your enchantments? going from 3.19 to 3.20 and i do NOT want to bother and re-do all the work on the Mystery Kink bottles i did in the previous version to get my kinks/my lave's kinks right so yeah...which file do i also need to copy and paste to get my enchantments moved over as well besides saves?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Ok guys real question here: which file saves your enchantments? going from 3.19 to 3.20 and i do NOT want to bother and re-do all the work on the Mystery Kink bottles i did in the previous version to get my kinks/my lave's kinks right so yeah...which file do i also need to copy and paste to get my enchantments moved over as well besides saves?
Everything you save goes somewhere in /data, with enchantment templates being individual files in /data/enchantments.

Reactions: NODOGAN

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Everything you save goes somewhere in /data, with enchantment templates being individual files in /data/enchantments.
Thankyou! i'm a goddam retard tho so all those enchantments are lost now, i'll be sure to keep that the next time this game updates around 2024 so i can keep my enchantment game on point.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I will take a look at that, but why would it use so much RAM? It's a text game just like fenoxo games and they have android versions that run smoothly.
First off, both games were built on different engines. CoC/TiTs were built on Flash (up until recently), whereas LT was built on Java (and a homebrew version at that).

If you want a more detailed explanation, Sarkath and tehlemon have made some really good posts in the past that explain the intricacies of how this game works (and what is wrong with it). Simply put, the game is extremely unoptimized and was designed in such a way that, the longer you play, and the more NPCs you add unto the map (such as through pregnancies) the slower it becomes, to the point even moving a single tile can freeze up the game for several seconds. Also, the saves become easily "bloated" and difficult to manage. All of these things lead to an over-usage of RAM.

If an average PC can have issues running the game, a piddly little phone is not going to cut it. So even if you manage to get an android version running (which is very doubtful), you'd still have glaring performance issues to deal with. In other words, you need to fix the game before you can even consider doing a port.

The difference between Fenoxo and Innoxia, is that the former has more than one game under his belt, a decade of experience and a team to back him up. LT was Inno's first experience as a game developer, made worse by the fact she knew little about coding when she was starting off. And she works alone. Just because they are both text games doesn't mean they work the same way or were designed the same way. And just because one example made a successful android port doesn't mean it's feasible for everyone else too.

Look, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable person around... but your post is kind of making me question whether or not you actually have the technical know-how to make a successful port. lol

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Despite all the shit Fenoxo and crew get for the content and community decisions around their games, they actually know what they're doing as designers and writers.

That's why their games work, whether you like them or not.

But yeah, no point in arguing about why LT uses so much memory and CPU time. It just does. Play the game for a few hours, check your task manager, and then wonder how your phone will survive. And beyond that, try and figure out how you'd possibly make the UI work on a phone sized screen. The scalable elements would be unusably small, but you wouldn't be able to see them because parts of the UI don't scale correctly lol

Reactions: IvoryOwl
Mar 10, 2021
First off, both games were built on different engines. CoC/TiTs were built on Flash (up until recently), whereas LT was built on Java (and a homebrew version at that).

If you want a more detailed explanation, Sarkath and tehlemon have made some really good posts in the past that explain the intricacies of how this game works (and what is wrong with it). Simply put, the game is extremely unoptimized and was designed in such a way that, the longer you play, and the more NPCs you add unto the map (such as through pregnancies) the slower it becomes, to the point even moving a single tile can freeze up the game for several seconds. Also, the saves become easily "bloated" and difficult to manage. All of these things lead to an over-usage of RAM.

If an average PC can have issues running the game, a piddly little phone is not going to cut it. So even if you manage to get an android version running (which is very doubtful), you'd still have glaring performance issues to deal with. In other words, you need to fix the game before you can even consider doing a port.

The difference between Fenoxo and Innoxia, is that the former has more than one game under his belt, a decade of experience and a team to back him up. LT was Inno's first experience as a game developer, made worse by the fact she knew little about coding when she was starting off. And she works alone. Just because they are both text games doesn't mean they work the same way or were designed the same way. And just because one example made a successful android port doesn't mean it's feasible for everyone else too.

Look, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable person around... but your post is kind of making me question whether or not you actually have the technical know-how to make a successful port. lol
Not enough to figure that out apparently. I see why that won't work. Guess i will look for something else to port then.

doomtrack

Feb 3, 2018
At this point I am desperate enough to see this game progress to consider giving my neetbux to some fucker with actual coding skills to see it rewritten.

• Haha
Reactions: PussyPassAnon
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes