throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Have you seen the reviews? Nearly all of the latest ones are 5 out of 5. I show zero mercy to these simps.
Of course I have. I brought it up before you did, even, but that changes nothing. Yeah, simps are stuffing the review box, and the mods need to do something it, but you telling others just not to read them reflects poorly on the thread. We are reasonable people here who welcome dissent as long as it's in good faith, but someone who is unfamiliar with the thread may be under the impression that we are some kind of insular hate mob. Don't feed that perception, dude. Just stick to the criticism.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
So it wasn't just my imagination that I couldn't find much new. I can understand a few months spent debugging and/or taking some time off to come back fresh before tackling a brand new aspect of the game. The introduction of the world map was one such pivotal moment. But from what I understand, there's still nothing new on the world map or in terms of story. Those bugfixes just seem like running away from responsibilities at this point.

I can understand the weight being behind in schedule can represent. It can actually make one unwilling to get back to work as it just seems so daunting. But in such cases, it's better to just say "fuck it" and start doing something, anything. If you don't start somewhere, you'll never go anywhere.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
yeah that is bad. i like this game but i agree it is in development hell and your review is a fair assessment of the game state it (probably) shouldn't be removed im waiting until 0.4 to redownload the game to play
See you in 2022.
If you don't start somewhere, you'll never go anywhere.
Implying the dev has intent to go anywhere, after 2 years of not going anywhere despite doing a lot (of unrelated things).

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
I realized I haven't actually shared anything I've been working since last year (Dec), so I'll just leave this here. Unpack it inside the "mods" folder.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Broke some code; fixed it.

Last edited:

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
Free Cities has mods similar to what he describes, that will generate a visual representation from physical characteristics. Not only is it a conceivable idea, it has already been done rofl.
The forbidden mod for FC is lit m8.
They just added WebGL images and the next big update for it is 90% finished already.

theforstycow

Sep 13, 2017
I'm almost completely sure that Innoxia has zero motivation or self-management capability. This person claims to work full-time on this project, but I highly doubt they are spending more than 10 hours a week on it.

My guess is they got into a oh-so-common cycle of promising something, spending the majority of their time procrastinating and under-estimating how long it will take, and then when crunch-time comes realizes that it will take way longer than original expected. Rinse and repeat until all motivation is gone.

Even with only one person working on this, no project of this size should take this long to complete. Games like this, 90% of the effort is the writing. Writing is something that is easily outsourced (often times for free to fans) if it becomes too time-consuming to do.

I think people need to explain to game creators that frequent small updates are better than once-in-awhile massive updates. Not only for the motivation of the developer, but also as a means to keep progress steady and fans happy.

Look at this person's post history. Almost every post starts with "Sorry for the delay". Try to find a single post that doesn't contain the word "delay". It is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
The rate things are going, soon the update will be entirely fan submissions added in every few months when Inno gets done taking another break just long enough to get stressed about not doing any work.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I'm absolutely loving how more and more people I don't normally see in this thread are showing up to laugh at how stupid all these delays are.

This is why she nuked comments on the blog. Didn't want us to reach the 1000 posts milestone, all just laughing at her. We almost got it a couple times.

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
I see this game, and get the urge to poke its code.
Then I remember its an Elder God of Spaghetti code outside of Cloths and Races.

How hard would it be to add simple and missable encounters to main roads?
Add home and business burglary encounter opportunities to non-alley tiles?
Exe-Run over by Amazon Centaur and receive a Tauric Potion in apology with a coin flip if its actually a trappytaur potion.
Exe-Rob a shop/home and flip coin if the hat you stole is Cursed Panties level cursed.

Things that would actually add to the stale gameplay loop.
More Cursed Panties, less shirts and races.

The delays are insane, the Dev is a Scummy Flake, But in general the GAME is still a 7/10.
Even higher if it was optimized and streamlined for more robust modding.
Also so that it doesn't lag to hell calculating 4k tiles worth of bodily fluids every action...

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Things that would actually add to the stale gameplay loop.
More Cursed Panties, less shirts and races.
What about a Hogwarts-themed hat that analyzes characteristics of a character, then draws out and amplifies them to become more aligned to an archetype?

Yes, it will be able to talk and insult your choice of underwear.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
I'll introduce my grandkids to this game, so they can keep the hope alive in my stead.
There will probably be a full immersive VR spinoff/copy/fork of this game by that time.
Oh, and it wouldn't be made by Inno.
Someone else is just going to rip the concept off from the game and actually make something.

Sep 16, 2018
I think people need to explain to game creators that frequent small updates are better than once-in-awhile massive updates. Not only for the motivation of the developer, but also as a means to keep progress steady and fans happy.
What about once in a while minimal updates?

aluckyroll

Feb 29, 2020
One issue is that while Innoxia is definitely not a professional making a professional product, I like to take a broader structural approach to these sorts of things and one takeaway I frequently hear from amateur programmers/designers/etc. is that Java is an absolute goddamn cesspit of a system and will murder every project of depth you will ever be able to dream of and initially implement. It just seems really bad.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes