tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Because you fuckers never paid attention to the main plot.
It's weird being told I didn't pay attention to the main plot by someone who it sounds like didn't pay attention to the main plot :p

Honestly, I probably paid more attention to it than most people here. Because, if you haven't realized from my multipage rant and ramblings, game writing is the thing I care about.

The initial plot was okay, not great, but okay. Then it turned into a disjointed mess that really only existed to introduce new sandbox features. The writing came off like the writer didn't re-read the stuff they did months before. Like, playing through the main plot, I bet you can spot every individual patch break, because the writing is not consistent and doesn't flow.

And then it ends with a massive exposition dump, and a demon transformation that probably only got added to shut people up and will likely fuck the game going forward, and a massive, multi-year gap in the writing.

And now I'm absolutely excited to read through the next stage of the quest line, but for all the wrong reasons.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A succinct summation, but one minor thing; Arthur is still a human. Only Lily and Meraxis were changed into half-demons.
To which I would add that it is stated that there is no chance of reversing what Lilith has done to the world (absent four millennia working on the spell), merely of overthrowing her. It seems the choice the MC has to make going forward is whether they are doing so as a liberator or a conqueror.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Don't forget there are Angels in the equation as well, albeit beaten and severely weakened. I wish we knew what was Inno's idea for the whole story a few years back... would have been interesting to see how it changed/evolved over time.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
None of the enemies casts spells if they should be able to. Are enemies casting spells not implemented yet? Makes the odd imp that goes all "Bow before my arcane might, mortal!" all the more disappointing.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Don't forget there are Angels in the equation as well, albeit beaten and severely weakened. I wish we knew what was Inno's idea for the whole story a few years back... would have been interesting to see how it changed/evolved over time.
I doubt that there was really ever some sort of plan. The story is basically a series of ad hoc justifications for various mechanics, bound together with baling twine and faith, just like the game itself.

Lady_Yvraine

Jul 7, 2020
Actually, that reminds me of something that really bothers me about the setting. I apologize if someone already brought this up, but in Lilith's realm, humans are discriminated against for some reason (ludonarrative dissonance occurs when human Enforcers show up, but that's a whole other tangent), but you can just enchant your boxed lunch and become another race entirely, down to the genetic level. So why haven't all the humans just done that, instead of (supposedly) suffering terrible discrimination at the hands of Lilith's racist regime?
Forgetting that to enchant food into transformatives is a process that requires magic, which the vast majority of the population has no access to. It's likely that most humans have to save a lot of money from their daily, discriminated lives in order to buy a commercial transformative (which likely would only give them one racial feature and not the whole transformation, becayse yay, capitalism)/plead a nice enough demon to enchant some food for them.

Reactions: Zatrian

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Forgetting that to enchant food into transformatives is a process that requires magic, which the vast majority of the population has no access to.
I'm not forgetting that. They can't find somebody who's willing to use their magical powers to enchant items for them? Hell, they have and elder lilin in their corner; you mean to tell me that she can't do anything for them, when she's able to buck Lilith's discriminatory edicts in her territory?
It's likely that most humans have to save a lot of money from their daily, discriminated lives in order to buy a commercial transformative (which likely would only give them one racial feature and not the whole transformation, becayse yay, capitalism)
Also yeah, but people who are really hard up find a way. That's the human spirit. If nothing else, they can always turn to the thriving black market in Submission to get what they need.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I'm not forgetting that. They can't find somebody who's willing to use their magical powers to enchant items for them? Hell, they have and elder lilin in their corner; you mean to tell me that she can't do anything for them, when she's able to buck Lilith's discriminatory edicts in her territory?
Lyss practically fetishizes humanity/the human form. For all the good she may do legally/socially, she's extremely unlikely to subsidize transforming away from it in any way.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You guys are going in circles about how hard it is to transform yourself. One job whoring myself out as a completely unknown *human* makes enough money to pay for transformation potions, of which there's like 10000 for sale at only like, 10x the price of food. And like, a significant portion of homeless muggers are carrying around not just one, but *multiple* transformation potions that they can use on a random victim, just for a one off fuck.

Or maybe that's a completely unexplained narrative situation that's completely at odds with mechanics while not addressed beyond saying "it's a thing people do" lol

This is why I always say that you have to pick one of two design choices... 1) Figure out your narrative, and make the mechanics work for it. Or 2) Figure out your mechanics and make the narrative work for it.

Edit: Also, before anyone mentions the cost of a prostitution license, lets not forget that every person you meet selling their body on the street can somehow afford it, and it's twice the cost of a transformation potion lol

Last edited:

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
Edit: Also, before anyone mentions the cost of a prostitution license, lets not forget that every person you meet selling their body on the street can somehow afford it, and it's twice the cost of a transformation potion lol
Are they licensed? I figured that was at least half the reason they're all terrified of the Enforcers and legally permitted to be enslaved if you attack them.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Are they licensed? I figured that was at least half the reason they're all terrified of the Enforcers and legally permitted to be enslaved if you attack them.
They're not when working the streets. It's not really clearly stated one way or another whether they're licensed after you send them to work for Angel. Unless, of course, she's actually enslaving them. But it doesn't say that either, and they're not wearing slave clothing after.

Plumpunikitty

May 7, 2019
Does anyone know if anyone is working on any Australian-based morphs, i.e. koala, platypus, etc.? I tried looking on the discord but there's a lot of chatter to wade through even on the mod discussion channel.
I was, but it turns out that having your Workstation dual boot as Gaming Station isn't good for productivity.

Reactions: anubis1970

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
is anyone getting the bug about enforcers patrols no where even though there is no arcaine storm
Imma be honest, I haven't actually played in months.

Because there hasn't been new content since the half assed Nyan quest in like, March...

edit: my prediction of 4am is looking better and better lol
Edit 2: Getting closer to my prediction :p

Last edited:

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Imma be honest, I haven't actually played in months.

Because there hasn't been new content since the half assed Nyan quest in like, March...

edit: my prediction of 4am is looking better and better lol
Edit 2: Getting closer to my prediction :p
The last couple blog posts came out at around 6am BST, so it should be coming to pass in the next hour or so if it's happening.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The last couple blog posts came out at around 6am BST, so it should be coming to pass in the next hour or so if it's happening.

Yeah, the updates always come between like, 1pm and 6am my time. The more placeholder warnings we get, the later it normally is lol

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The patch in question changes, but the wait for new content continues.

Last edited:

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
So .4 drops without .4 content.
But on the bright side, shes conscripting modders to fill in gaps with more races and clothes, streamlining things for modders to literally add the cities she keeps delaying.

Still an echo chamber, still an excuse factory, still a milk farm.

Substar for the latest preview indeed.

Apr 22, 2018
So we've been waiting all this time and apparently most of the update is from contributors including this whole new questline. We had a developer like that on our team a few years ago, a contractor that worked a grand total of one month and 1 week before we axed them... (I am a game engine/tools developer for AAA)

Inno is lucky to have the base she does, marketing teams would kill for communities like hers.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes