throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Nahhhhhhh

This is the Helena quest line all over again. Or literally every other quest line that's been added while I've been following except for Nyan's...

We finally got to the point where she *has to* put out something, so she will. It'll just be completely filled with placeholder nonsense that'll take another 3-6 months to deal with, most of which will be rushed and low quality.

I should go back through the pages and see when I called this. I'd probably have to go back 50 pages though, we've been waiting for this to happen for a while now.
Ah, well, I came across LT around 3.9.9, so I'm not as familiar with the lore as most of y'all.

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
Fucking hell. Did she still gain ~5k per month or some subscribers finally got smarter and left? Its cleary obvious that she is playing for time - next version will be realesed at friday, next month beginning (right after next month payment)
Its like yanderedev, is this his new project?
It seems like her income actually went up at some point, last I checked I don't remember it crossing 6k, which it now does. Could be a result of new players not knowing better feeling like 0.4 is near and subscribing to get it.

• Angry
Reactions: Azzo

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
Right now I'm waiting for 9.1 of Shadowlands, and I feel like it will be at least 4 months if not longer (some speculate about a November release!), and meanwhile, I'm paying for the right to play this game I own every month like a scrub (okay, every 6 months). I think it just shows that I'm not the smartest when it comes to games.

The worst part is that I actually do look forward to the next LT update, instead of regarding it with indifference, even knowing that I will likely be disappointed.

Luckily, I'm not quite dumb enough to also pay Inno for being a bad project manager, doing this for one big company is apparently my limit.

redcynic

Jul 12, 2017
Honestly I'm just impressed we're getting multiple blog posts within a week. I'm of the opinion this is actual signage of something. What that content is remains to be seen but there's always the hope that once she gets the boot kick we can go back to 2017-2018 times with updates again.

it's possible at least.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
My proposal would shorten your waiting time, I think. Now instead of clicking and waiting through every stack of item, you just click once, the game will run through the entire inventory and the items currently stored at the desired location (which probably isn't that hard, the item in LT is already sorted by index it seems, so just run 2 pointers in parallel). It'd all be processed in one go, so the waiting time should be shorter comparing to when you do that manually.
I haven't checked this specific instance, but I'll bet the issue is more that the game is processing status updates for all of the NPCs in the world whenever you manipulate your inventory. The game's naive and excessive character updates seem to be responsible for most of its unresponsiveness.

If you have a dev environment handy, I threw together an a while ago that defers status updates that don't need to be processed every turn (basically, everything except for pregnancy). It works well with player movement, but I haven't really tested it with inventory management yet.

Arastin

Oct 6, 2017
Unsure if something like this was asked but how can I change how I'm perceived after the character creation without restarting the save? I'm trying to have an androgynous character but using he/him pronouns. It didn't say that people would see me as a woman until after I got out of character creation and I've tried changing the setting to unisex clothes will present you as masculine but it still says I'm a woman.

Last edited:

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Unsure if something like this was asked but how can I change how I'm perceived after the character creation without restarting the save? I'm trying to have an androgynous character but using he/him pronounces. It didn't say that people would see me as a woman until after I got out of character creation and I've tried changing the setting to unisex clothes will present you as masculine but it still says I'm a woman.
I'm pretty sure that you have to be some degrees of masculine to be considered masculine.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Unsure if something like this was asked but how can I change how I'm perceived after the character creation without restarting the save? I'm trying to have an androgynous character but using he/him pronounces. It didn't say that people would see me as a woman until after I got out of character creation and I've tried changing the setting to unisex clothes will present you as masculine but it still says I'm a woman.
It's not a sjw simulator, people would refer to you according to your masculinity/femininity. Feminine = she, masculine = he.

Reactions: Aazkaal

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Since you found the clothing setting, that should do what you need. Are you per chance wearing a random piece of feminine clothing like a watch?

Arastin

Oct 6, 2017
Since you found the clothing setting, that should do what you need. Are you per chance wearing a random piece of feminine clothing like a watch?
Nah, the clothes they have on are unisex. I did buy some masculine clothes when I got the chance but when putting some on it didn't change what people were calling them.

Edit: testing out a new save and so far everything's fine until I change the size of their penis. At 8 inches they don't see them as a woman anymore... But I'm not trying to have an 8 inch penis.

Last edited:

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Nah, the clothes they have on are unisex. I did buy some masculine clothes when I got the chance but when putting some on it didn't change what people were calling them.

Edit: testing out a new save and so far everything's fine until I change the size of their penis. At 8 inches they don't see them as a woman anymore... But I'm not trying to have an 8 inch penis.
Your penis size shouldn't have any influence on being addressed as masc/fem, only on what specific thing in that column people assume you are (and even then, size only plays a role if you try to conceal a dick with a sheath).
If you don't mind, could you share some screenshots of what exactly the issue is?

Arastin

Oct 6, 2017
Your penis size shouldn't have any influence on being addressed as masc/fem, only on what specific thing in that column people assume you are (and even then, size only plays a role if you try to conceal a dick with a sheath).
If you don't mind, could you share some screenshots of what exactly the issue is?
Currently not at my computer but what shots would be more helpful to see when I do? Just the character's appearance info and customization or maybe some parts of the settings?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The automatic pronoun selection system seems to just be shit. It's super inconsistent about what affects it and when. And the actually stats aren't visible anywhere, like all the other stats. After playing with it, all I can come up with is that either all the clothing is being handled incorrectly (likely) or its just random based on some unknown moonlogic. Or both.

If you just want your character to always be addressed using male pronouns, just set it to use male pronouns for both masculine and feminine options in the "Gender Pronouns" menu, under the "Player-specific pronouns" section. You can set them to whatever you want for any given situation without affecting the NPCs (that guy claiming this isn't a SJW simulator was wrong about that, so his comment is doubly stupid)

The penis size part is the only part that actually makes somewhat sense to me. Clothing is only used to figure out automatic pronouns if the body "stats" are androgynous (and covered, obviously). Apparently if you have too large of a dick, you're just assumed to be masculine. I'm already too bored with this to test it, but I imagine if you have too large of breasts you get the same thing. Whether it uses clothing or not doesn't seem to actually be linked to *just* the fem/masc stat in the state screen.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
The range of body configurations in this game renders the traditional male/female dichotomy obsolete. I'm surprised that Inno didn't include a third/gender-neutral option.

By the way, who wants to bet that the next release will actually be 0.4 this time?

Reactions: Amarok909

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The range of body configurations in this game renders the traditional male/female dichotomy obsolete. I'm surprised that Inno didn't include a third/gender-neutral option.
I've been thinking about this a lot when working on setting and world building for my own game. In a universe where anyone can change their body in nearly any way they want, any time they want, for any purpose they want, gender as we know it kinda doesn't matter. Or at least, gender and its connection to your body doesn't matter.

Hell, sexual identity, presentation, and everything kinda falls apart entirely at a certain point. Like, what good is the LGBT model when everyone can switch to whatever they want whenever they want. Trans individuals wouldn't exist at all, for example. Because they'd just switch their bodies to whatever gender they want to be, and that would be that. And it would be so normalized that no one would even give it a second though. And with everyone jumping between genders for fun, strict rules of gay/straight/bi stop being as important.

Identity politics, racism, matriarch vs patriarchy, and a ton of other concepts really do just kind of completely fall apart if everyone can simply be whatever they want to be. So you have to come up with new systems, which is fun.

It's really fun to write around if you really embrace these kind of universal attitude changes. It's an awesome bit of world building to explore, because its so completely alien to our world. LT doesn't really touch any of this, if anything it doubles down on gender norms even harder despite not really needing to.

By the way, who wants to bet that the next release will actually be 0.4 this time?
It will come out this time, the question should be how much is placeholder content. Probs a lot.

The other question is when it drops. Dev said Friday or Saturday, and assuming they don't read this (we know they do) I'd be willing to be we get the update at 4am on Sunday.

Apr 22, 2018
I've been thinking about this a lot when working on setting and world building for my own game. In a universe where anyone can change their body in nearly any way they want, any time they want, for any purpose they want, gender as we know it kinda doesn't matter. Or at least, gender and its connection to your body doesn't matter.

Hell, sexual identity, presentation, and everything kinda falls apart entirely at a certain point. Like, what good is the LGBT model when everyone can switch to whatever they want whenever they want. Trans individuals wouldn't exist at all, for example. Because they'd just switch their bodies to whatever gender they want to be, and that would be that. And it would be so normalized that no one would even give it a second though. And with everyone jumping between genders for fun, strict rules of gay/straight/bi stop being as important.

Identity politics, racism, matriarch vs patriarchy, and a ton of other concepts really do just kind of completely fall apart if everyone can simply be whatever they want to be. So you have to come up with new systems, which is fun.

It's really fun to write around if you really embrace these kind of universal attitude changes. It's an awesome bit of world building to explore, because its so completely alien to our world. LT doesn't really touch any of this, if anything it doubles down on gender norms even harder despite not really needing to.
While I get the sentiment of what your saying, in the spirit of philosophical conversation, I think your argument only works if your world is a Utopia. It falls apart completely once you realize that just because people can change, doesn't mean they want to change. Thus the only thing that really holds water is the fact that trans will no longer be a thing (assuming that changing one's gender is a cheap/easy/free process).

However sexual orientations will definitely still exist. I mean, think about it. Even if everyone could change whatever they want about their appearance/biology they may still be attracted to a specific type of biology. That person will basically just always seek out individuals who have that biology they are attracted to. And like I said before just because you can change to whatever you want doesn't mean you want to. For example, if someone in your world is attracted to the male sex, but the person they find attractive has female parts and prefers those parts, why would they want to change for that other person?

Racism will also still exist, because basically as long as something is different it can be demeaned. "Prey-only", "Blue Fur only", "Predators not allowed", etc. Sound familiar? Yes you can change to a prey animal type or transform your fur to blue, but do you want to? And even if we assume their are systems in place to prevent business/etc from doing that, you'll still have private entities and individual biases. "I don't like felines.", "If you enter my home you must be a flamingo." etc.

The thing is, even if we all looked the exact same, other things would change to discriminate. "Oh your from that part of town."

Even identity politics would still be a thing. "I'm a feline so I do this...", "I'm a dragon so I act this way...". "I prefer being an eagle because it allows me to be myself..." etc. Unironically people may be even more likely to adhere to identity politics in your world in an effort to be unique, since the norm would be changing at a whim.

Again your situation will only work in a perfect world where everyone doesn't mind changing to be whatever they want.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
LT doesn't really touch any of this, if anything it doubles down on gender norms even harder despite not really needing to.
Actually, that reminds me of something that really bothers me about the setting. I apologize if someone already brought this up, but in Lilith's realm, humans are discriminated against for some reason (ludonarrative dissonance occurs when human Enforcers show up, but that's a whole other tangent), but you can just enchant your boxed lunch and become another race entirely, down to the genetic level. So why haven't all the humans just done that, instead of (supposedly) suffering terrible discrimination at the hands of Lilith's racist regime?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes