battlebrother

Jan 25, 2019
I certainly didn't say I was expecting or hoping for anything--especially while wasting my time :). You came to that conclusion on your own.

I sympathize with their intent, if they are feeling both cynical and hopeful. However, their sarcasm is lost and what they said is ridiculous if they intended an attack upon the game--for example "locked & loaded" does not express a desire for sympathy or hope for the game. Their intentions are nebulous, especially given the paragraph, below.

I am also aware that attacks--justified or not--upon the game, the creator, the moderators, and other F95 members are even *more* common than poorly worded sarcasm in this thread! :( (I have stopped posting both bugs and spontaneous humor because many people automatically take both as criticism. It's their losses I suppose.)

e-d

Locked and loaded is an expression meaning "we are ready", neither myself nor the people who did the "poorly worded" sarcasm attacked the game or its creator. You came to that conclusion on your own.

Our sarcasm is not lost because it is valid in context which is, this game sees a lot of delays, the fact that you thought we actually wanted to see a delay says more about you than about our skill at the use of sarcasm. Regardless, again, neither me or anyone really wants to see this place turned into yet another "sarcasm is lost in text" conversation.

I wish you a good day.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I certainly didn't say I was expecting or hoping for anything--especially while wasting my time :). You came to that conclusion on your own.
If you don't have expect or hope for progress, then why are you encouraging others to do so? That's more than a little hypocritical, don't you think?
I sympathize with their intent, if they are feeling both cynical and hopeful. However, their sarcasm is lost and what they said is ridiculous if they intended an attack upon the game--for example "locked & loaded" does not express a desire for sympathy or hope for the game. Their intentions are nebulous, especially given the paragraph, below.

I am also aware that attacks--justified or not--upon the game, the creator, the moderators, and other F95 members are even *more* common than poorly worded sarcasm in this thread! :( (I have stopped posting both bugs and spontaneous humor because many people automatically take both as criticism. It's their losses I suppose.)
See, this is just you taking things way too seriously. It's all just jokes and riffing; there are no "attacks", and nobody's actually that upset about how things are going.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
See, this is just you taking things way too seriously. It's all just jokes and riffing; there are no "attacks", and nobody's actually that upset about how things are going.
Please excuse me for sticking my oar in here; While I agree that the comments that started this discussion where more good natured sarcasm, there are some people that frequent this thread that do seem to be genuinely upset at the general state of updates and progress, and they do attack Inno's posts and people who stand up for them.

Reactions: e-disfunction

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
(I've been here a while--just look back at my posts! :whistle:)
e-d

P.S.: Look back to what started this particular converstation. It is ridiculous to "wait for a delay"--it's a waste of time. Hoping for a game release is very different, however ...
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. And if any of the past "update posts" are to be used as an example, we'll eventually whittle down to "when it's ready" instead of a specific day (again) and wind up with an actual update release that has nothing to do with what was anticipated.

Here's to 0.3.21.

Pentha

Apr 5, 2020
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. And if any of the past "update posts" are to be used as an example, we'll eventually whittle down to "when it's ready" instead of a specific day (again) and wind up with an actual update release that has nothing to do with what was anticipated.

Here's to 0.3.21.
more like 0.3.20.2
fixed a typo

:KEK:

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
Items already merge to existing stacks.
That was not what I meant, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I said was a button to merge all available items in my inventory into the storage of another location, for example if I was carrying a huge load of food items, standing at the kitchen (where I stored all the foods and drinks), I can press a button and transfer all the foods into the (supposedly) fridge, as long as there were already some foods / drinks of that type in the kitchen beforehand.

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
What do you have against the game that you are waiting for a delay? :unsure:
For the last 6 months the 0.4 update was "next week."
For the last 6 months the only added content has been mods getting baked in, minor tweaks, and a commissioned romance quest thats as dry reading as a SAT exam.
For the last 6 months Inno has cut all communications with anyone not a designated YesMan.

She has already used the "This is too hard I need a break" line twice in those 6 months.
Given this IS Inno's primary job, expectations have bottomed out.

The days verdict from the author herself?
"Friday or Saturday" will be yet another not .4 update in preparation for .4.1. Again. Some more.

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ffs, she said it. We will most likely get 0.4 this weekend laddies. The wait is finally coming to an end.

Now we move on to the next question: How much of the new content on 0.4 will be placeholder? And how much of them are going to be usable without being just simple prompts? I tried to not be so pessimistic, but honestly, being with LT for so long has turned my mind into that of a grumpy old gramp who can't help doubting on everything Inno said.

Reactions: Arkus86

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Is there no other way to turn her without sacrificing my humanity?
No, there is not.

ffs, she said it. We will most likely get 0.4 this weekend laddies. The wait is finally coming to an end.

Now we move on to the next question: How much of the new content on 0.4 will be placeholder? And how much of them are going to be usable without being just simple prompts? I tried to not be so pessimistic, but honestly, being with LT for so long has turned my mind into that of a grumpy old gramp who can't help doubting on everything Inno said.
My bet: the lion's share of the Fields encounters that have been in some state of development for the past eight months will be mostly placeholder, with most of the detail centering around Elis and the groundwork for whatever side antics she has cooking up there.

• Angry
Reactions: Simp Cattu

Azzo

Sep 4, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fucking hell. Did she still gain ~5k per month or some subscribers finally got smarter and left? Its cleary obvious that she is playing for time - next version will be realesed at friday, next month beginning (right after next month payment)
Its like yanderedev, is this his new project?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Simp Cattu

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
That was not what I meant, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I said was a button to merge all available items in my inventory into the storage of another location, for example if I was carrying a huge load of food items, standing at the kitchen (where I stored all the foods and drinks), I can press a button and transfer all the foods into the (supposedly) fridge, as long as there were already some foods / drinks of that type in the kitchen beforehand.
Okay. Nice to know someone else does that, BTW.

I think - though I don't know - that this might be a little trickier than you assume. Do you mean that a single button push would cause all items in your inventory identical to any items currently present in a location to be dropped?

At any rate, you can easily achieve this currently by just going through your inventory backwards, clicking on items and hitting "3". Don't wait for the game to catch up and register the action; just go to the next item. You can use this at stores to sell large amounts of unwanted items too.

The real problem, IMHO, is the fact that the game is so slow to register actions generally. From what I can gather - not a coder - the lag is basically being caused by the game checking everything any time you do anything. Your proposed feature seems to me to be walking right into this problem.

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
I think - though I don't know - that this might be a little trickier than you assume. Do you mean that a single button push would cause all items in your inventory identical to any items currently present in a location to be dropped?
Yes, that's what I tried to say.

At any rate, you can easily achieve this currently by just going through your inventory backwards, clicking on items and hitting "3". Don't wait for the game to catch up and register the action; just go to the next item. You can use this at stores to sell large amounts of unwanted items too.
I've been doing that all the time. It's okay on its own but it'd be very pleasant if that feature gets implemented. For hoarders like me, I'd usually return home with a lot of different items (mostly foods, potions and books), so it'd certainly be more convenient.

The real problem, IMHO, is the fact that the game is so slow to register actions generally. From what I can gather - not a coder - the lag is basically being caused by the game checking everything any time you do anything. Your proposed feature seems to me to be walking right into this problem.
My proposal would shorten your waiting time, I think. Now instead of clicking and waiting through every stack of item, you just click once, the game will run through the entire inventory and the items currently stored at the desired location (which probably isn't that hard, the item in LT is already sorted by index it seems, so just run 2 pointers in parallel). It'd all be processed in one go, so the waiting time should be shorter comparing to when you do that manually.

Now that I think more about it, this whole button thingy isn't that necessary. It's certainly very convenient, but I will mostly use it only at home. You can't use that when selling spare items, for example I don't want to sell all my enchanted clothes set I've prepared for my future slaves just because I pushed the button trying to sell some rags stolen from street attackers. It might be developed in the future, when the game is stable enough and has decent contents going, but for now it's probably not going to see the daylight anytime soon.

Last edited:

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
My proposal would shorten your waiting time, I think. Now instead of clicking and waiting through every stack of item, you just click once, the game will run through the entire inventory and the items currently stored at the desired location (which probably isn't that hard, the item in LT is already sorted by index it seems, so just run 2 pointers in parallel). It'd all be processed in one go, so the waiting time should be shorter comparing to when you do that manually.
Maybe.

But remember that just because the player only has to click one button doesn't mean the game has to go through less steps. It seems to me that such a feature would work by checking the first item stored in an area, checking the MC's inventory for an identical item (or stack of such), "dropping it" then merging those items with any present. Then doing that for the next item.

But we're talking Inno here, so I wouldn't put it past her to have the game cycle through every possible item.

Now that I think more about it, this whole button thingy isn't that necessary. It's certainly very convenient, but I will mostly use it only at home. You can't use that when selling spare items, for example I don't want to sell all my enchanted clothes set I've prepared for my future slaves just because I pushed the button trying to sell some rags stolen from street attackers. It might be developed in the future, when the game is stable enough and has decent contents going, but for now it's probably not going to see the daylight anytime soon.
Honestly, I think the game might have to be rebuilt from the ground up. The lag is just absurd.

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
Ok, so I attempted to give your comment a fair assessment. In other words, the core problem you have with the game is that it tries to be and do too many things at once. It's spread too thin in several directions, the elements it has lack consistency and consequence, and thus fail to please anyone. Also, that the author lacks direction and spends too much time on little things rather than the overall picture.

Congratulations, you have reached the same conclusion we have, except we've been complaining about it for years now. Let me offer you a piece of advice; find other games to play. Development is slow, inconsistent and lacking in quality to be worth a monthly investment, be it time-wise or financial. These days, I tend to stick around more for the community and memes than the actual game itself.

If you want to learn Java to fix the game then be my guest. We've been hinging our bets and hopes with the modding community for a while now.
It seems that you caught it on that my comment is not just to bash but want for the game to improve.
I do play other games (that's why i posted about Lt last time months ago).
For fixing the game, i will,the only thing it will take some time to fix the game as Innoxia's coding is trash.
I will post it when i will have some progress.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I'd place better odds on Christ coming back this weekend.
Nahhhhhhh

This is the Helena quest line all over again. Or literally every other quest line that's been added while I've been following except for Nyan's...

We finally got to the point where she *has to* put out something, so she will. It'll just be completely filled with placeholder nonsense that'll take another 3-6 months to deal with, most of which will be rushed and low quality.

I should go back through the pages and see when I called this. I'd probably have to go back 50 pages though, we've been waiting for this to happen for a while now.

Reactions: B2B2 and Arkus86
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes