tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Seeing the last chunk of posts be nothing but optimism and sunshine/rainbow requests as if the Dev has any intention of adding meat to this game made me a bit concerned, there.

But, I'm glad I can always count on tehlemon to smack heads with reality.

Anyway, my latest mod is almost ready to be uploaded. I somehow broke something again and I have to do some cleanup. After that, I'll upload it here for criticism and commentary (and to have my coding structure laughed at, of course).
I try and be realistic. In two years there's been zero meaningful mechanical changes to the game. The only one I can think of is allowing perk points for specific trees (and I thought the perk trees were placeholders, fuck me I guess). Expecting sim updates, changes to the abysmal inventory and shop systems, or core functionality to change is pretty unrealistic right now.

The game engine and front end needs a complete overhaul before we're going to see mechanical changes. And in two years, we've only seen one system rework completed. There's a couple more that might be done soon, but its taken six months. And we have a lot left to do, not even getting into performance issues.

Rukatzu

Aug 30, 2018
Oh fuck that. I'm ADHD as fuck, unmedicated, and I can still do my job and have a career.

Inno is just treating this as a cash grab, and has just realized that she might lose it. She doesn't get the easy excuse.
I think comments like these might be what is slowing down the progress of the game. The mental punishment of not being able to deliver what they want and being wrongly accused because of it, getting sick because of it, not being able to work on the game as much as you might want and then not being able to deliver, and the cycle starts anew. I think if we start being more supportive and kind to Innoxia, she might be able to work on the game more and be able to live up to everyone's expectations.

But that is just my opinion, since I've been in that same cycle many times, and I'm probably gonna get a lot of shit for this.

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
I think comments like these might be what is slowing down the progress of the game. The mental punishment of not being able to deliver what they want and being wrongly accused because of it, getting sick because of it, not being able to work on the game as much as you might want and then not being able to deliver, and the cycle starts anew. I think if we start being more supportive and kind to Innoxia, she might be able to work on the game more and be able to live up to everyone's expectations.

But that is just my opinion, since I've been in that same cycle many times, and I'm probably gonna get a lot of shit for this.
I can see this being the case, but at this point seeing the amount of devs going the route of trying to get as much money for the least amount of work, I think it's likely that she does just that. But I do hope she's just not the best at coding, we have enough shitty people on this planet as is

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018

We already tried that. We tried it for years, before we got to this point.

It's time for honesty. It's time for criticism. You'd be naive to think that endorsing and supporting terrible habits somehow makes terrible habits go away. You don't reward bad habits.

Plus, nobody is forcing them to read this stuff. They already shut down commenting on the blog. If you're taking active measures to shut up opinions you don't like, that in itself means you're paying way too much attention to what other people think and too little attention to solving the problem.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I think comments like these might be what is slowing down the progress of the game. The mental punishment of not being able to deliver what they want and being wrongly accused because of it, getting sick because of it, not being able to work on the game as much as you might want and then not being able to deliver, and the cycle starts anew.
Oh, but what a tragic figure is poor, put-upon Innoxia. My tender heart oozes peanut butter.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Problem is that she'll say there is a release date and then never release it on that day. She needs to stop doing that and then complaining that it's delayed again. Only say the release date if you are absolutely sure. It's one of the many reasons why people are pissed off with her and then they start thinking, thinking can lead to many things and one of these is that she might be delaying so she can get more cash. Who knows these days, but as with most games. I don't care.

Reactions: Aazkaal

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021

I know she reads these, so maybe you're right. And that's fine, because I lost all respect for her when she released v0.4.0 without any of the promised content that was supposed to make up that milestone.

I'm also no longer bothering to walk on eggshells about it anymore.

I don't care if that's mean. v0.4.0 was a cash grab, full stop.

Oh, but what a tragic figure is poor, put-upon Innoxia. My tender heart oozes peanut butter.
Gross. I love it.

Problem is that she'll say there is a release date and then never release it on that day.
Please, that was the old meta. New meta is just ignoring everything and putting out patches regardless of whats in them, even if they break the game and require five hotfixes to make them playable so that you can claim you've put of the releases without having to actually release the content.

New meta is so sleezy not even Activision has tried it.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
I know she reads these, so maybe you're right. And that's fine because I lost all respect for her when she released v0.4.0 without any of the promised content that was supposed to make up that milestone.

I'm also no longer bothering to walk on eggshells about it anymore.

I don't care if that's mean. v0.4.0 was a cash grab, full stop.

Gross. I love it.

Please, that was the old meta. New meta is just ignoring everything and putting out patches regardless of whats in them, even if they break the game and require five hotfixes to make them playable so that you can claim you've put of the releases without having to actually release the content.

The new meta is so sleazy not even Activision has tried it.
Fair enough.

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
New meta is just ignoring everything and putting out patches regardless of whats in them, even if they break the game and require five hotfixes to make them playable so that you can claim you've put of the releases without having to actually release the content.

New meta is so sleezy not even Activision has tried it.
Ah, the good ol' Ubisoft method. "If it ain't broken, then you're putting too much effort into the game/update."

Thisisfunny

Aug 11, 2020
I need help here.

Doing the quest where I need to bring Scarlet back to Helena but I cannot figure how to Scarlet to follow me back to Slaver Alley. Anyone know this one?

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
I need help here.

Doing the quest where I need to bring Scarlet back to Helena but I cannot figure how to Scarlet to follow me back to Slaver Alley. Anyone know this one?
You can add Scarlet to the party if you enable companions in the options. Alternatively, you can buy the "freedom sertificate" (or how it was called) and just set her free, she would leave by herself.

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
Anyway, my latest mod is almost ready to be uploaded. I somehow broke something again and I have to do some cleanup. After that, I'll upload it here for criticism and commentary (and to have my coding structure laughed at, of course).
Is there some sort of mod page? And what kind of mods there are?

Thisisfunny

Aug 11, 2020
You can add Scarlet to the party if you enable companions in the options. Alternatively, you can buy the "freedom sertificate" (or how it was called) and just set her free, she would leave by herself.
but the quest says to bring her to Helena. If I set her free will she go there?

Lestev

Dec 26, 2017
Is there some sort of mod page? And what kind of mods there are?
Yeah, there is a channel dedicated to mods in the official discord. Almost exclusively clothing and races mods, but there is some cool stuff in there. I'm really enjoying the pokemon mod for instance.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes