ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Maybe it's because im basically playing the game in cheat mode, but with the non-consensual stuff turned on I still have yet to encounter it. I also havent really left the starting city either
if enemy you've beaten isn't interested in you (f.e. you're feminine and they're androphilic) the encounter will be non-con

Reactions: BaloneyAmone

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Maybe it's because im basically playing the game in cheat mode, but with the non-consensual stuff turned on I still have yet to encounter it. I also havent really left the starting city either
Additionally, if you lose a fight, you can start a scene in the "resist" pace, and the regular option of just taking your lumps and leaving is disabled.

Ghost2894

Nov 17, 2020
I thought maybe it would be something that came up with certain npc's like that one store owner in the market who doesnt like you. Oh well, figured I was just hitting bugs

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You know, bounties might be a decent way of encouraging this sort of behavior. Github has a projects feature where milestones and such can be posted and set. If Inno made use of this and attached some amount of quiddage to it, I'm sure people would bite. It would be way cheaper than hiring someone full-time, but it would still ensure that people who contribute significant fixes/features get compensated from it (thus encouraging them to take on the work).

Naturally, some level of quality control would have to be maintained to ensure that people don't end up pocketing, say, £100 for contributing utter garbage.
That's a great idea that I don't think will ever happen.

After some of the cash grabs we've seen out of Inno, I don't expect she'll ever want to share. Specially when she's got two or three people doing the hard work for free.

Yeah, you pretty much have to let it happen or it won't. Which is ironic, because it's non-con...

You basically have to let yourself lose, and then have an NPC who's both interesting in raping and interested in you.

I thought maybe it would be something that came up with certain npc's like that one store owner in the market who doesnt like you. Oh well, figured I was just hitting bugs
There is one NPC that'll jump you after a quest. But only if you let her. Which really isn't the same thing, obviously.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
and this is why the game needs a fresh do over.
From a coding standpoint, yes. Not so much a design standpoint. The only reason the design is having problems is because of Inno's inability to code the systems properly. Plus they drew up a world where you can effectively solve any problem with magic so logically - bear with me on that word - it doesn't make sense you shouldn't have access to that same ability.

You could make the item contraband from a demonic perspective as cures prevent degeneracy, I guess.
Yeah, you pretty much have to let it happen or it won't. Which is ironic, because it's non-con...

You basically have to let yourself lose, and then have an NPC who's both interesting in raping and interested in you.

There is one NPC that'll jump you after a quest. But only if you let her. Which really isn't the same thing, obviously.
Does SubscribeStar have a problem with true non-con? I'm not sure if they have any limitations, but I'm also not sure if you're asking for an auto-loss. If you are I'm not entirely sure how Inno would be able to code that - from their own abilities - but still allow people to fend off the attacker if they don't opt for non-con. Even then I may like being the dominant party in the non-con scenario so it would suck to lose out on it if I have to suffer an auto-loss occasionally despite being a powerhouse that can defeat a Lilin's child.

It'd basically be a repeat of the Dr. Badger fiasco or even the Mary Sue fiasco Inno had to deal with and that killed off writer submissions. If you deny the player agency that would otherwise make sense then it's bad game design.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
From a coding standpoint, yes. Not so much a design standpoint. The only reason the design is having problems is because of Inno's inability to code the systems properly. Plus they drew up a world where you can effectively solve any problem with magic so logically - bear with me on that word - it doesn't make sense you shouldn't have access to that same ability.

You could make the item contraband from a demonic perspective as cures prevent degeneracy, I guess.

Does SubscribeStar have a problem with true non-con? I'm not sure if they have any limitations, but I'm also not sure if you're asking for an auto-loss. If you are I'm not entirely sure how Inno would be able to code that - from their own abilities - but still allow people to fend off the attacker if they don't opt for non-con. Even then I may like being the dominant party in the non-con scenario so it would suck to lose out on it if I have to suffer an auto-loss occasionally despite being a powerhouse that can defeat a Lilin's child.

It'd basically be a repeat of the Dr. Badger fiasco or even the Mary Sue fiasco Inno had to deal with and that killed off writer submissions. If you deny the player agency that would otherwise make sense then it's bad game design.
I don't want an auto-loss, but I would challenge for a proper difficulty curve and progression. Right now the game is basically a few minutes of RNG deciding whether you win, and then you win literally everything in the game.

Also, it's more that if you opt IN to non-com, it doesn't actually exist. You have to opt in for this stuff to exist, and then it doesn't actually.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
Buy and/or capture slaves, go to permissions, set them to use you, and allow them to roam freely in the house and city. This will cause them to engage you in a non-consensual encounter once per day per slave. the only downside to this is that it makes this game's memory issues 10x worse.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
I don't want an auto-loss, but I would challenge for a proper difficulty curve and progression. Right now the game is basically a few minutes of RNG deciding whether you win, and then you win literally everything in the game.

Also, it's more that if you opt IN to non-com, it doesn't actually exist. You have to opt in for this stuff to exist, and then it doesn't actually.
I mean, as Carl0sDanger pointed out, we technically are still at the intro point of the game and I think just out of the prologue when we leave Dominion. It's been so many years I had actually forgotten that's true. For the difficulty curve and progression I suppose those areas should be easier.

As for the non-con stuff, I think that's in the same pitfall that the addiction system fell into: Inno has no idea how to code it or work it in. I'm not even sure it's a priority at this point or if it ever will be since Inno seems to lose track of or interest in various systems they've attempted. Which again is why Sarkath's bounty system would work, but as you pointed out Inno doesn't seem keen on sharing the loot.

The solutions are there, but Inno doesn't wanna take them.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018

Some of the design of the game does need to be rethought as well. Remember that perk and combat system are both "W.I.Ps" that were suppose to have been worked on but never have. So not only are these systems for 1 poorly thought out (admit it, the combat system fucking sucks), but they're not even actually done yet either. Then there was just a conversation in this thread about things like having zero consequences that the game doesnt have systems to support such thing. Inno gave up on the companion system BECAUSE she couldnt work with this mess, and replaced it with something way more boring.

Look, like I said before, by start over I dont mean toss the baby out with the bath water. A lot of things like the lore, story, and characters can all be lifted and Inno already has (or at least we hope she has) a vision for what she wants to be possible in this game, but she cant pull any of it off because the game is a mess and the only people who seem capable of cleaning up her own mess is anyone BUT HER somehow. So instead of trying to keep working on a fixeruper, a clean start would be way more efficient and better use of her time than pushing along and breaking more stuff and making more of a mess along the way. Do you really wanna get to the end of the game and fight the final boss with this system? Inno shouldn't be working backwards.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 7546338 and Daddums

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
Some of the design of the game does need to be rethought as well. Remember that perk and combat system are both "W.I.Ps" that were suppose to have been worked on but never have. So not only are these systems for 1 poorly thought out (admit it, the combat system fucking sucks), but they're not even actually done yet either. Then there was just a conversation in this thread about things like having zero consequences that the game doesnt have systems to support such thing. Inno gave up on the companion system BECAUSE she couldnt work with this mess, and replaced it with something way more boring.

Look, like I said before, by start over I dont mean toss the baby out with the bath water. A lot of things like the lore, story, and characters can all be lifted and Inno already has (or at least we hope she has) a vision for what she wants to be possible in this game, but she cant pull any of it off because the game is a mess and the only people who seem capable of cleaning up her own mess is anyone BUT HER somehow. So instead of trying to keep working on a fixeruper, a clean start would be way more efficient and better use of her time than pushing along and breaking more stuff and making more of a mess along the way. Do you really wanna get to the end of the game and fight the final boss with this system? Inno shouldn't be working backwards.
The thing is, though, I remember the combat system being much more simple way, way back when. You didn't need this core card system or action point queuing. It was just a simple process of choose attack, attack happens, turn ends and then next person goes. It was simple and it would have been fairly easy to get companion system working under it. Fuck, I remember when you could cum at the same time as the NPC rather than just cum then prepare or deny.

Then Inno changed it. Made it more complicated and with making it more complicated made it impossible for them to set up the companion system. Then they added this card queue system which makes it even more difficult because now you gotta put points to each action instead of just... having the action.

Inno decided this combat system was better over the very simple turn-based combat system they had originally. This combat system is gonna stay in the new build regardless. They aren't gonna change that on their own accord. This is why I'm against design changes or requesting them until Inno has more competent people on the team to rein them in. I'm not against the idea of these changes, I am wholly against the reality of who is implementing them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: 7546338

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
The thing is, though, I remember the combat system being much more simple way, way back when. You didn't need this core card system or action point queuing. It was just a simple process of choose attack, attack happens, turn ends and then next person goes. It was simple and it would have been fairly easy to get companion system working under it. Fuck, I remember when you could cum at the same time as the NPC rather than just cum then prepare or deny.

Then Inno changed it. Made it more complicated and with making it more complicated made it impossible for them to set up the companion system. Then they added this card queue system which makes it even more difficult because now you gotta put points to each action instead of just... having the action.

Inno decided this combat system was better over the very simple turn-based combat system they had originally. This combat system is gonna stay in the new build regardless. They aren't gonna change that on their own accord. This is why I'm against design changes or requesting them until Inno has more competent people on the team to rein them in. I'm not against the idea of these changes, I am wholly against the reality of who is implementing them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Let me put this into perspective then. Strive for Power was a game that came out a few years ago. The developer felt it was best to put the first game down and start over. The between development of the first game in 2016 and it's sequel Strive: Conquest started in 2019 has been 3 years, and in that time Conquest has made it back to where Power was in terms of development and people are happy with it and it's still continuing along at a respectable pace.

What's LT been up to these last couple years? Well up until about a couple months ago we've just NOW have gotten past what is the beginning section of the game. Since 2017? No way. Poor project management skills aside, it's been a known fact for years that Inno has been combating her own coding since this was the project she decided this was how she was gonna learn to code and it shows. You know what most people dont do with their first creations? Drag its corpse around for everyone to see it's rotting flesh. Most people's first anything winds up in the trash and for good reason. Its a learning experience, its sloppy, poorly made, but it's a start. Just like how writers do second and final drafts, because the first is just meant to get the ball rolling. We're still on the first draft, and if you know anything about first drafts is that you dont keep editing it along the way or else you'll never finish it and make your improvements in the 2nd draft.

This is what 4 years of trying to fix a first draft looks like. I can almost bet you anything that if Inno took a step back and just started fresh, took what she learned from this and made it better, not only would she be back at this point of development within a year's time, she'd likely be BEYOND this. We'd likely not only see FINISHED, FUN, and FUNCTIONING game systems in that time, we'd likely even have the 2nd city be done by that time. Trying to stumble back to work on game systems that should have been done first is what is slowing development down. Nothing is done because Inno doesn't look at one system at a time to finish it, she works on all of it all at the same time and then just does enough to have it just simply exist and then moves on to "come back to it later" which we all know doesn't happen. Starting over I know is the best course of action. I promise you her supporters and detractors would likely be in favor of this.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
Let me put this into perspective then. Strive for Power was a game that came out a few years ago. The developer felt it was best to put the first game down and start over. The between development of the first game in 2016 and it's sequel Strive: Conquest started in 2019 has been 3 years, and in that time Conquest has made it back to where Power was in terms of development and people are happy with it and it's still continuing along at a respectable pace.

What's LT been up to these last couple years? Well up until about a couple months ago we've just NOW have gotten past what is the beginning section of the game. Since 2017? No way. Poor project management skills aside, it's been a known fact for years that Inno has been combating her own coding since this was the project she decided this was how she was gonna learn to code and it shows. You know what most people dont do with their first creations? Drag its corpse around for everyone to see it's rotting flesh. Most people's first anything winds up in the trash and for good reason. Its a learning experience, its sloppy, poorly made, but it's a start. Just like how writers do second and final drafts, because the first is just meant to get the ball rolling. We're still on the first draft, and if you know anything about first drafts is that you dont keep editing it along the way or else you'll never finish it and make your improvements in the 2nd draft.

This is what 4 years of trying to fix a first draft looks like. I can almost bet you anything that if Inno took a step back and just started fresh, took what she learned from this and made it better, not only would she be back at this point of development within a year's time, she'd likely be BEYOND this. We'd likely not only see FINISHED, FUN, and FUNCTIONING game systems in that time, we'd likely even have the 2nd city be done by that time. Trying to stumble back to work on game systems that should have been done first is what is slowing development down. Nothing is done because Inno doesn't look at one system at a time to finish it, she works on all of it all at the same time and then just does enough to have it just simply exist and then moves on to "come back to it later" which we all know doesn't happen. Starting over I know is the best course of action. I promise you her supporters and detractors would likely be in favor of this.
I think we're on the same side, but arguing where the line should be. You're the optimist, I'm the cynic.

I haven't played Conquest in awhile... but has Conquest actually gotten rid of the micromanaging gone awry system? Can you go on explorations with your party like before or something similar? Run into random events by doing so? The last few reviews I looked at here suggest it hasn't changed much to what turned me off. So I'm not sure I'm the kind of person that argument works on, if it's changed I could give it a shot again.

Either way it segues into my problems with Inno. They change things that don't need to be changed. They don't build on it, they change it. That's not solely a code problem either, the code just makes it easier for Inno to shut themselves down on systems, it's more of a personality type. I'd say it's actually probably a source of procrastination on Inno's part to look at something and go, "That needs changing!" to avoid progressing forward which the code doesn't help with admittedly.

And we're agreeing on the right course of action, but disagreeing about how it should go. I think a fresh start is good. I just don't think it's good when it's Inno without volunteers that can ensure they aren't fixing something not broken. I remember when this was advertised on /hgg/ at the start of it. Inno decided to focus on changing things they weren't happy with or felt it wasn't "good enough", much to the chagrin of Anons who were flabbergasted at Inno's decisions. The combat system suffered the most for this, nothing else really got off the ground enough to suffer as much as the combat system did.

I don't think Inno is gonna change the combat system. I think Inno likes it as it is and will just make it that way in the do-over. They won't make it the simple turn based system it was originally; choose attack, turn end, other's turn, repeat. Now it's repeat, but with extra steps. Then it's got some kind of card system where I choose what my favorite moves are or they cost even more to cast. This is why I don't think there's gonna be as much change as you think there is gonna be. Inno will fall into the same rut of changing things that don't need to be.

However, I gain nothing by not letting Inno start over. I just want people's hopes to be tempered. I am curious, though, has Conquest changed enough it might actually work for me? Because I felt he went too heavy on the management system originally.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Daddums
That's the same conclusion I made a long time ago. Lilith's Throne is a game full of potential... in the wrong hands. Inno may be improving her coding skills every day but her personality and disposition towards the game aren't so easily remedied. You can tell when a developer shows a professional, thoughtful approach to their games and the results speak for themselves. Inno lacks that.

Sometimes, I think part of the reason she refuses to hire has to do with the fact it would just further expose how troubled this project his, and that the new hires would probably do a far more efficient (i.e better) job than what she did in 4 whole years of development. The project is open-sourced on GitHub so anyone with the time and disposition can build it themselves but I noticed some people don't do it out of respect to Inno ("stealing" her show) or simply because they can't be arsed. Some have stated they will only pick it up when Inno officially decrees it as dead.

So for the time being, we're stuck with what we have - Inno haphazardly building the game and the community plugging in the holes and improving it, pro bono. Ya know... like a Bethesda game.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
It's almost as if a game isn't a game without challenges and struggles.

Hm. I remember being literally banned from the 8chan board for this game for even suggesting this idea. Oh, well. Here's to 10 more years of nothing but superficial add-ons.

And good riddance to those 8chan "moderators" getting a taste of their own freedoms being taken away.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
Daddums
Sometimes, I think part of the reason she refuses to hire has to do with the fact it would just further expose how troubled this project his, and that the new hires would probably do a far more efficient (i.e better) job than what she did in 4 whole years of development. The project is open-sourced on GitHub so anyone with the time and disposition can build it themselves but I noticed some people don't do it out of respect to Inno ("stealing" her show) or simply because they can't be arsed. Some have stated they will only pick it up when Inno officially decrees it as dead.
Inno would probably work better as a manager which is the funniest thing about that problem. Funny in a tragic sort of way.

If Inno ever does figure out what's best, they should start over and take a managerial role first and foremost. Work on the story, add some concepts and with a proper team can probably open up writer submissions again without having to worry about Mary Sues slipping in because Inno would be able to balance reading those much better with others working on the code. I feel like Inno has the plan all laid out, but doesn't quite have the drive to work through it and that's why they'd be better in a position to direct others.

I'm sure Inno is happy to learn, but I don't think it's their strong suit for the game if they have to compete with others on the same project. Even though they'd be working together, Inno just strikes me as the kind who would think of it as a competition and making their work look inadequate. It is good to have the knowledge, though, and they can craft framework for the coders to better understand exactly what Inno wants.

Reactions: MercurialQuark

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Umm am talking about custom image packs dude,like strive for power image packs, i searched the internet but couldn't find one.
There are no 'image packs' for this game. If you want to add art for your characters you'll have use your own and add it manually.

Reactions: Ark Finite

boogie23

Jul 5, 2018
The buttons should have descriptions of what each next stage will do.

If you just keep fucking her dominantly you'll end up as a masculine incubus.
If you fuck her and then switch roles and let her fuck you, you'll become a futa succubus.
If you repeatedly ask to get fucked then you'll become a hyperfeminine succubus.

Oh, and if you specifically ask to get fucked in the ass over and over while you have a dick, she'll shrink your dick a few times and eventually lock you in chastity. If you're not into chastity you can avoid that last step by picking anything other than receiving anal, and you'll get some sissy SPH instead (since at that point your dick is super tiny).

There's also full support for the incest fetish (whether she refers to herself as your mommy or not, with a different tone from her regular lines).

You can check the dialog variants in \res\txt\characters\submission\lyssieth.xml but it reads a lot smoother in-game since you don't have to sift through all the chunks of code separating the actual text.
Hi
I tried to go through some of those routes but i only had a stardard transformation, could you elaborate a bit? Also does any one knows if there are routes with a female version?

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Umm am talking about custom image packs dude,like strive for power image packs, i searched the internet but couldn't find one.
There's an art pack made by StickFace on Discord which adds a bunch of art to characters who were lacking it. It was posted back in October 2020 so it may be a little out of date now (for example, Helena has her own portrait made by Jam now, however you can select which portraits you want manually). Speaking of, the visual style is kind of reminiscent of Jams' so if you like one, you will probably appreciate the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ark Finite
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes