♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
savage beasts we picture in the West
Hey, hey, don't be so hard on western dragons, they're pretty cool!
They too can be just as intelligent and stuff, it all depends on the writer of the story they're depicted in. :giggle: :coffee:
Personally i like all the savage... rawness, of western/eu dragons. You can feel the power emanating from them! Mmm~
Can't imagine a dragon without wings, just feels kinda weird.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
They too can be just as intelligent and stuff, it all depends on the writer of the story they're depicted in. :giggle: :coffee:
Yeah but on average and especially in traditional mythology as opposed to modern fantasy (hi Shrek!) dragons were either savage beasts or essentially demons. If they had any will at all it was entirely malevolent. Eastern dragons are protectors, bringers of good fortune etc. and often only hurt you if you really piss them off.

Reactions: KaliraBDSM

SheepPun

Mar 30, 2021
An Eastern-style serpentine dragon, like Shenron from DBZ or Haku from Spirited Away. Kind of weird to see them lumped together like that as they are typically intelligent and associated with divinity (and sometimes water!) rather than the savage beasts we picture in the West. Not sure what the mythology behind the Coatl is though.
Coatl is just a Nahuatl (Aztec) word for 'serpent' or 'twin'
Coatli is means 'water serpent/serpent water'

Tbh, it's probably in reference to Quetzalcoatl if what makes you one is having "dragon" traits with feathery wings.

KaliraBDSM

Sep 3, 2021
Not even sure wtf this game means when it says "ryu dragon." :ROFLMAO: :coffee:
But you can buy dragon food in the food shop and that stuff can be enchanted to give you ryu parts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
hey the fuck is there how to turn a lilin in this version of the game is it? even so i still prefer dragons i found i have a passion for them

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018

Tbh, it's probably in reference to Quetzalcoatl if what makes you one is having "dragon" traits with feathery wings.
I was going by what the game calls them, there's also and which notably is not feathered so the idea of using the term for weird dragon-like fantasy creatures is not on Inno. No idea whether there were lesser versions in the original mythology or whether all of these stem from the god Quatzalcoatl.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Also also, probably one of my pettiest nit picks is when your character has the mute trait, their dialogue is replaced with quotes like "... ... ..." The correct grammar in this context is just "..." But ultimately I assume this is a case of how dialogue is generated not really written.
All the speech variants feel like an afterthought. Not only is it just handled with a filter, but it doesn't even work most of the time. Routinely NPCs with gags or a 2 meter cock down their throat just talk normally. I'm contemplating rewriting some scenes to account for lack of speech, but having to put slight variations of the same text 2 - 4 times per text block per scene is ridiculous. All that copy and pasting add up.

Keizer19

Apr 24, 2017
This chain lightning on the misc spells... What item gives you this spell? there's also a superbolt here.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
This chain lightning on the misc spells... What item gives you this spell? there's also a superbolt here.
I haven't completed it yet but there's a quest to give the Lightning Globe to Arthur in order to study its secrets (supposedly destroying it in the process). Considering what that item does this likely unlocks at least the lesser chain lightning spell.

The Lightning Globe is from Claire's teleporter quest, technically optional and missable IIRC unless there's a way to get back in/get the item some other way after completing the quest.

SheepPun

Mar 30, 2021
All the speech variants feel like an afterthought. Not only is it just handled with a filter, but it doesn't even work most of the time. Routinely NPCs with gags or a 2 meter cock down their throat just talk normally. I'm contemplating rewriting some scenes to account for lack of speech, but having to put slight variations of the same text 2 - 4 times per text block per scene is ridiculous. All that copy and pasting add up.
I commend you with a standing ovation if you decide to do that and a coupon to some talk therapy sessions.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
You get chain lightning and lightning bold spell from Arthur's research of the sphere yes.
But both of them are lust type damage, which.. is not ideal but may still prove useful in certain situations.

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
Personally i like all the savage... rawness, of western/eu dragons. You can feel the power emanating from them! Mmm~
Can't imagine a dragon without wings, just feels kinda weird.
I have no use for western OR asian dragons. The only dragons I really like the look of is Anne McCaffrey's Pernese dragons. To the point I have the cover of All the Weyrs of Pern tattooed on my back.

kht

Nov 16, 2016
Can't i create octopus slaves? Or add tentacles to a demon?
Octopi aren't available at the slaver alley, but you can still find and enslave them yourself (they spawn on canal tiles), or just transform someone else by enchanting their food item (shrimp cocktail). Tentacles require octopus legs tf.

Demons currently can't have tentacles (the debug menu shows there are demonic-octopus legs already implemented, but they cannot be obtained through any normal means yet).

DSGMods

Jan 26, 2018
Kind of weird to see them lumped together like that as they are typically intelligent and associated with divinity (and sometimes water!) rather than the savage beasts we picture in the West. Not sure what the mythology behind the Coatl is though.
All dragons as I've written them for LT are descended from "western" dragons. Many things happened to them to make them the way they are, and they are seperate peoples now with differing cultures. It's the reason their codex entry is the longest and much of it isn't accessible in the game.

Yes. Initially they were all going to be called quetzalcoatl, as quetzal means "green feathered (bird)". However, I also needed a name for demonic forms, and using other mesoamerican feathered serpents seemed wrong, so coatl was left. An imperfect solution but it does make a sort of biblical sense.

Sea serpents will be their own thing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Harel

Jun 19, 2018
All dragons as I've written them for LT are descended from "western" dragons. Many things happened to them to make them the way they are, and they are seperate peoples now with differing cultures. It's the reason their codex entry is the longest and much of it isn't accessible in the game.

Yes. Initially they were all going to be called quetzalcoatl, as quetzal means "green feathered (bird)". However, I also needed a name for demonic forms, and using other mesoamerican feathered serpents seemed wrong, so coatl was left. An imperfect solution but it does make a sort of biblical sense.

Sea serpents will be their own thing.
Hm. I'd presumed that the coatl was the couatl from D&D (spelled as I've just spelled it)... a feathered serpent with wings, magic and a poisonous bite. Supposed to be taken loosely from mesoamerican mythology...

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes