Jun 25, 2017
In submission there is.. what was it called again... anyway there are stairs down and therein you can find the grave robbing quest. All food usually can be found in the food store.
Spicy Meatballs is listed as a quest on the wiki along with grave robbing but they give no details on where to find them. I'm off to find a dude in submission. Thanks mate, if you find the other or I'm off base let me know.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
All dragons as I've written them for LT are descended from "western" dragons. Many things happened to them to make them the way they are, and they are seperate peoples now with differing cultures. It's the reason their codex entry is the longest and much of it isn't accessible in the game.
I was talking about the out-of-game creation process, since reality-warping magic is well established in-universe I have no issue with appearances and cultures following different rules there.

Races sure are a disjointed mess though. The continuing introduction of random-ass dog breeds suggests they're intended as more of a cosmetic choice, but then you get the ones such as gryphons, yokai or dragons who grant an absurd amount of stats nothing else in the game can really compete with. Oh and the uncounterable alternate victory constriction/webbing moves, those are "fun"...

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Spicy Meatballs is listed as a quest on the wiki along with grave robbing but they give no details on where to find them. I'm off to find a dude in submission. Thanks mate, if you find the other or I'm off base let me know.
I don't think i recall any spicy meatball quests.
Maybe in the other town or something.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
That is when you need to turn to searching the git repository I'm afraid. Thankfully "meatballs" is quite specific and switching over to the next keyword gives immediate results:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

DSGMods

Jan 26, 2018
I was talking about the out-of-game creation process, since reality-warping magic is well established in-universe I have no issue with appearances and cultures following different rules there.
I have no grand rationale if you're speaking to the technical aspects. I found a chart of dragon morphologies and decided to see how far I could push the framework.

Races sure are a disjointed mess though. The continuing introduction of random-ass dog breeds suggests they're intended as more of a cosmetic choice, but then you get the ones such as gryphons, yokai or dragons who grant an absurd amount of stats nothing else in the game can really compete with.
If you're referring to samoyeds, that was needed as Felicia's writer wanted her to be one so I obliged. I know there is little tolerance for more races right now, so NPC need is the only thing that will drive additions, at least from me. The early introduction of mythlogicals in this way was probably a mistake on my part, yes, but it also revealed some serious bugs.

I can only speak to the races I am responsible for, but balance-wise, I used a rather primitive point total for stats in order to scale the new races to the existing ones. It seemed to work well enough at the time, however it assigned the same utility value to all stats. I am working on a more advanced 2D table with tiers under evaluation.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
I have no grand rationale if you're speaking to the technical aspects. I found a chart of dragon morphologies and decided to see how far I could push the framework.

If you're referring to samoyeds, that was needed as Felicia's writer wanted her to be one so I obliged. I know there is little tolerance for more races right now, so NPC need is the only thing that will drive additions, at least from me. The early introduction of mythlogicals in this way was probably a mistake on my part, yes, but it also revealed some serious bugs.

I can only speak to the races I am responsible for, but balance-wise, I used a rather primitive point total for stats in order to scale the new races to the existing ones. It seemed to work well enough at the time, however it assigned the same utility value to all stats. I am working on a more advanced 2D table with tiers under evaluation.
I wasn't criticising you specifically, at least not knowingly. Yokai are stupidly overpowered as well, as are phoenix harpies and some predator species in Dominion compared to the "typical" townsfolk.

Your third paragraph confuses me though, because stat totals are exactly what is wrong with these races. Mythologicals get between 200 and 300 stat points IIRC, some predators get over 50, some pets more like 5. Squirrels get a laughable ONE SINGLE stat point!

Enemies do need to get stronger over time, but that is what gear and levels are for. Increasing stats via races (without level scaling a homogenised budget) will lead to either railroading of player identity as every non-Yokai/dragon form becomes worthless or massive race bloat as every one of them gets mythological variants with higher stat tiers.

And currently the stat-strong races get good unique moves too. Or at least good for NPCs, alternate-loss immob is uncounterable but too slow to be worth using as the player.

Last edited:

SquidOverlord

Sep 9, 2018
hah... I give up. even with increase virility or her increase fertility (even reach 100%), still won't get pregnant.
thanks for trying to help.
Check the permissions you have set on your slaves, if you have, Initiate Sex, Sex Toy, Breeding Bitch, and/or Slave stud active the slaves will have sex with other slaves and become pregnant from them

SheepPun

Mar 30, 2021
Is this the same stat tool that's the reason why I can walk out of the mansion at the very start of the game, enter a tile next to it and then encounter a horse morph at 100+ hp who can hit for like 30 hp?

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Is this the same stat tool that's the reason why I can walk out of the mansion at the very start of the game, enter a tile next to it and then encounter a horse morph at 100+ hp who can hit for like 30 hp?
That's the thing, most of the really overpowered mythological creatures are credited to DSG in the files but the centaurs are a "tier 2 (3?) main story" creature and the predators such as tigers seem to be random community contributions or Inno's own work. The system was broken before this particular contributor/modder got there, and their really OP races don't even spawn in the streets to my knowledge.

SheepPun

Mar 30, 2021
That's the thing, most of the really overpowered mythological creatures are credited to DSG in the files but the centaurs are a "tier 2 (3?) main story" creature and the predators such as tigers seem to be random community contributions or Inno's own work. The system was broken before this particular contributor/modder got there, and their really OP races don't even spawn in the streets to my knowledge.
Nod nod, makes sense.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
That's due to melee weapons being super-powercrept more than anything else. Even races that don't get a flat 25% phys bonus can 100-0 you in a single turn at level 1.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
That's due to melee weapons being super-powercrept more than anything else. Even races that don't get a flat 25% phys bonus can 100-0 you in a single turn at level 1.
What did you expect?
Humans are weak, so is it really such a big surprise that at the start of the game anything can sneeze on you and you die?
I think it fits just fine. :giggle:

Reactions: The0Viewer

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
What did you expect?
Humans are weak, so is it really such a big surprise that at the start of the game anything can sneeze on you and you die?
Sure, but even a dragon can get cut down a single decrepit, lust-corrupted imp if it gets its hands on a battle axe and swings it around a few times very quickly.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
What did you expect?
Except tigers spawn in regular alleys and gain 80 offensively useful stat points on top of NPC-strong special moves, meanwhile generic dogs actually have stats comparable to humans (doggos 10 physique 5 health lol, humans 5 physique 5 lust shielding). Alligators spawn in canals and Submission with 70 points, slimes get 100 physical shielding meanwhile rats, bats, harpies etc. are in the 10-20 point range i.e. slightly stronger than humans depending on how you value stats (the +5 physique humans get can be worth more if you hit a threshold for extra stats). Oh but lord help you if you run into a phoenix harpy with a fire weapon gaining +75% free bonus damage! But squirrels gain a single point of energy shielding, that seems fair. And the later XML additions? Capybaras get 15 points, trash pandas 53, and dragons 180 PLUS a special breath attack with 150 base damage and a guaranteed crit at >50% lust.

Basically dragons get 1-2 free full stat gear sets, a free OP weapon, AND are able to use regular gear and weapons on top of that. And human-sized squirrels are weaker than humans while spiders are quite a bit stronger.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Sure, but even a dragon can get cut down a single decrepit, lust-corrupted imp if it gets its hands on a battle axe and swings it around a few times very quickly.
Then the problem would be in the dragon not being strong enough.
Becoming op is the ultimate goal of all games, hence trying to nerf everything in the name of "balance" nobody gives a shit about is stupid. So, i say instead of nerfing things, buff things. Like that dragon. Not much of a dragon if he can keel over from a mere axe.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Except tigers spawn in regular alleys and gain 80 offensively useful stat points on top of NPC-strong special moves, meanwhile generic dogs actually have stats comparable to humans (doggos 10 physique 5 health lol, humans 5 physique 5 lust shielding). Alligators spawn in canals and Submission with 70 points, slimes get 100 physical shielding meanwhile rats, bats, harpies etc. are in the 10-20 point range i.e. slightly stronger than humans depending on how you value stats (the +5 physique humans get can be worth more if you hit a threshold for extra stats). Oh but lord help you if you run into a phoenix harpy with a fire weapon gaining +75% free bonus damage! But squirrels gain a single point of energy shielding, that seems fair. And the later XML additions? Capybaras get 15 points, trash pandas 53, and dragons 180 PLUS a special breath attack with 150 base damage and a guaranteed crit at >50% lust.

Basically dragons get 1-2 free full stat gear sets, a free OP weapon, AND are able to use regular gear and weapons on top of that. And human-sized squirrels are weaker than humans while spiders are quite a bit stronger.
Not everything is supposed to be equal, i think its obvious.
In fact, its common.
Also that special breath attack is actually shit, a good ol' molotov is better than that crap which also costs 3 ap to use ONCE. Using plain ol' fireballs is far superior to using that fire breath.

Last edited:

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Then the problem would be in the dragon not being strong enough.
Becoming op is the ultimate goal of all games, hence trying to nerf everything in the name of "balance" nobody gives a shit about is stupid. So, i say instead of nerfing things, buff things. Like that dragon. Not much of a dragon if he can keel over from a mere axe.
These are human-sized (give or take 50%) dragon-morphs not Smaug or Deathwing. A cephalopod or an arthropod of that size would collapse and suffocate, a bird or winged lizard would have great difficulty flying even with a skinny human body and a cow or horse wouldn't have the imposing mass or strength.

Therefore it is safe to assume that almost all attributes stem from magic and can freely be adjusted to suit gameplay needs so long as they follow the theme of the creature.

Not everything is supposed to be equal, i think that's plain enough.
In fact, it's common.
Also that special breath attack is actually shit, a good ol' molotov is better than that crap which also costs 3 points to use ONCE. Using plain ol' fireballs is far superior to using that fire breath.
That defeats the point of player transformations then as I already lamented earlier. Just turn yourself into a dragon day 1 and faceroll. No creativity, no unique identity, get punished for wanting exotic non-dragon sex scenes.

And yes the rest of the combat system is broken. The dragon breath is very strong on NPCs because their gear sucks and so do their move choices, whether or not it's good on the player depends on how much effort you put into making a broken character. But oneshotting anything in Dominion+Submission without quest gear is damn strong compared to +15% poison damage which doesn't even work on DoT poisons.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
That defeats the point of player transformations then as I already lamented earlier. Just turn yourself into a dragon day 1 and faceroll. No creativity, no unique identity, get punished for wanting exotic non-dragon sex scenes.
If that's the problem then simply divide the transformations into tiers, divide areas of the game into tiers, and then match them based on the difficulty of the area or something like that.
Thus, draconic tier transformations should be available in say... that desert town which has volcano near it.
Also to be op in this game going dragon is not mandatory at all so it's not actually as bad as you make it seem.
The dragon breath is very strong on NPCs
It's not strong at all, it's pure ass and it costs 3 ap to use which makes it into an even bigger ass.
Any attack that uses more than 1 ap is ass.
My "Teleport Scythe" build leaves that breath in utter dust.

Of course, i'm not saying that the game is fair and balanced, but it really doesn't have to be.
I mean, of course it would be more fun if the game was more challenging?
But eh.. i wouldn't shed croc tears over it not being much of a challenge either.

If it was up to me i'd also delete all those "difficulties" you can switch to and make one global mandatory difficulty for which i'd balance the whole game. But whatever, 'tis not up to us anyway.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes