DSGMods

Jan 26, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before (several times probably...) but how do you make an OVERWRITE mod? For example there's a set bonus status effect in "/res/statusEffects/sage/set_latlov.xml" but if I copy-paste that to "/res/mods/testmod/statusEffects/sage/set_latlov.xml" I get two status effects upon wearing the Latex set: the unchanged original one and my modded one on top of it. Instead I want to only apply my modded one, without editing or deleting the original version.
You will need to perform edits somewhere if you want to do this. Easiest way I can see is to change the file extension for the file in the /res/ directory. You will need to do this with every update.

Is this the same stat tool that's the reason why I can walk out of the mansion at the very start of the game, enter a tile next to it and then encounter a horse morph at 100+ hp who can hit for like 30 hp?
As I've said elsewhere, how the early races were balanced is not known to me. Point totals were a relatively recent, and admittedly arbitrary, way to try and create some kind of standard.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
is there a way to edit saves? for example adding health
Your save is an .xml, so you can use an ordinary text like Notepad++, or Sublime if you wish. You can edit anything you want then because the game stores just about everything in the save file, including your party size limit and even what specific NPCs are wearing.

Harel

Jun 19, 2018
Is there anyway in the xml or in 'buggy' to make it so an NPC or custom built npc to be attracted to the player? I got obedience and affection high, but it still says NCP is not attracted to you and I'm not able to perform the submissive acts.
If the problem is that character's gender attraction is incompatible with your gender, you can get the Hypno-Watch (through either playing the story-line, or buggy) and charge it with a gender preference, then you can beat them in combat and use the watch. I'm not certain how easily it can outside a combat win though.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Originally Breath Weapon scaled with the player's elemental proficiencies without limit, but this was immediately exploited.
What do you mean "unlimited"? The damage stat is capped to 100 so something like "level * AP cost * bonus modifier" would naturally yield values similar to weapons and spells assuming the breath is also affected by 2 damage stats (if not just multiply them into the formula).
The designer of the combat rework told me in no uncertain terms that additional AP should be given out basically never, and I would like to respect their wishes.
Aquatic races have one, and Shadow/Silence gets it as a buff which is how I found out it's possible. I am well aware that messing with AP can break a lot of things but it's already being done so there needs to be a more detailed response than "please don't". (Not saying that's your responsibility mind you!)
You will need to perform edits somewhere if you want to do this.
Oh great, that means overwriting Java content is impossible I guess? So much for taking my own shot at rebalancing after complaining so much :(

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
I've been kinda curious about an engine capability/mod. I suspect it's not even possible as it would be linking the volumes of two separate orifices, which wasn't how the game was built, but who knows...

Is it possible to link the liquid volume (i.e. cum) going in the ass (or mouth) of a character, so that after a certain amount the body becomes full, and it comes out the mouth? I mean at present you can pump 10+ gallons of cum into a NPC's mouth and butt at the same time, and they have an infinite capacity to take it like a black hole in there stomach. The worst they get is a slight physical debuff for a swollen belly. But if NPC's had a fixed internal volume (maybe something based off height X body size + Taur) then it would be somewhat more realistic than infinite capacity. Even stacking debuffs, and decrease lust due to inflation

Not asking for someone to make this a mod, i'm willing to try that part if it's possible. Just want to hear from someone who knows the engine well enough to be able to say "there's no fucking way that'll work" before I bother looking deeper into it.

DSGMods

Jan 26, 2018
What do you mean "unlimited"? The damage stat is capped to 100 so something like "level * AP cost * bonus modifier" would naturally yield values similar to weapons and spells assuming the breath is also affected by 2 damage stats (if not just multiply them into the formula).
Everything that affected elemental damage affected Breath Weapon, including bonuses. So loading up on enchantments and potions got the damage output to new heights because the multipliers stacked.

Aquatic races have one, and Shadow/Silence gets it as a buff which is how I found out it's possible. I am well aware that messing with AP can break a lot of things but it's already being done so there needs to be a more detailed response than "please don't". (Not saying that's your responsibility mind you!)
Yes, I have tweaked AP as part of set bonuses in clothing mods. It is just an attribute like any other. Based on that experience, I am hesitant to do anything of the sort to the base game.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Everything that affected elemental damage affected Breath Weapon, including bonuses. So loading up on enchantments and potions got the damage output to new heights because the multipliers stacked.
Sorry but I don't understand, are you talking about a previous version with different mechanics? At present damage stats are capped out at +100% which means my formula would return 12 dmg at lvl1 with max stats and 600 at lvl50 which is possible with basic attacks (50dmg base weapon * 4 from stats * 3 attacks turn one, even ignoring crits)

Now 600 is too high either way, but that is easier to fix on Breath than with weapons because you simply change its tags to not receive the "weapon/spell" modifier type same as Tease.

The formula could also be expanded by a flat amount to smooth out the curve e.g. "20+(level/2)" instead of "level" as the base damage. Either way the 4x stat mod is what breaks it against flat spread defence stats.

KaliraBDSM

Sep 3, 2021
To be identified as a ryu-morph, a character must be a dragon-morph with a ryu face, a mane, external ears, a tufted tail, and no wings.
thank you for trying to help but there was no way i went there i bought the dragon fruits i put these characteristics and even so i am still being recognized only as drake or dragon morph. it doesn't seem like anything saying I'm a ryu or even racial bonuses don't

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
thank you for trying to help but there was no way i went there i bought the dragon fruits i put these characteristics and even so i am still being recognized only as drake or dragon morph. it doesn't seem like anything saying I'm a ryu or even racial bonuses don't
Make a copy of your save, go to phone menu, type "buggy" (without selecting any input field) then go to the Transformation menu. There keep fiddling with the options, the red-coloured dragon body parts in particular, until your racial status effect updates and shows you as a ryu-morph. Then note down those exact parts, and enchant an elixir with that list on your main save.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I only vaguely remember that exploit. Was it actually any worse than how cheesed out you can get melee damage currently? Like, without any sort of cheating or turning off the enchant cap you can already get to 1000+ damage per round in the current version.

And I don't blame you for not fucking with AP. Outside of reducing bellow 3, which no one would do unless they're trying for a hardmode run or something, increasing your total would just be exasperating existing issues.

Edit: I'm actually curious how much worse it would make things. Does the crit counter reset after your third hit crits, or would it keep making all subsequent hits crits as well. Because if it did, you could be pushing closer to the 2k damage point with four AP and no cheating lol

Any way to edit the starting backrounds? I've looked as best I can but no luck.
Edit your save file. I don't remember the values, so just create a new save with the background you want and look at what its set to there and copy the attribute over.

KaliraBDSM

Sep 3, 2021
Make a copy of your save, go to phone menu, type "buggy" (without selecting any input field) then go to the Transformation menu. There keep fiddling with the options, the red-coloured dragon body parts in particular, until your racial status effect updates and shows you as a ryu-morph. Then note down those exact parts, and enchant an elixir with that list on your main save.
I got what I was talking about was setting the horns to "Dragon antler"

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes