kht

Nov 16, 2016
Oh great, that means overwriting Java content is impossible I guess?
The thing you're trying to modify isn't java content, though? It's just a file in the /res/ folder.
Everything in the /res/ folder can be edited, even if outside of /mods/ (it's just not recommended unless you know what you're doing).

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Is there a way of getting the LSG-9000 coom gun legitimately? Sure I figured out how to edit it into my save (id=dsg_eep_liqstungun_coomgun) and I red somewhere it appears in silly mode (never saw it) but I wanna know if it's officially in game.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
The thing you're trying to modify isn't java content, though? It's just a file in the /res/ folder.
Everything in the /res/ folder can be edited, even if outside of /mods/ (it's just not recommended unless you know what you're doing).
Well I was thinking one step forward of editing e.g. racial attributes of Java races. Something you can't just easily copy-paste either, nor truly fix for fixed preset NPCs. The example I gave was just for an easily reproducible demonstration in case there was a specific trick such as adding an "<overwrite ID>" tag or the like.

I'm actually curious how much worse it would make things. Does the crit counter reset after your third hit crits, or would it keep making all subsequent hits crits as well. Because if it did, you could be pushing closer to the 2k damage point with four AP and no cheating lol
It resets. Crit dmg is capped at 500% though so if you somehow get enough stat points...
(Keep in mind there is no legit way of getting 4 AP right now and even if aquatic races were tagged as such you'd have to drop over 100 stat points from myth/~50 from phoenix)

For a very oversimplified approximation +1 AP lets you perform one extra action out of 3, which translates to a 33% damage increase. Thus in a uniform budget the effect of "+1 AP" should be worth about 30-40 times the "+1% dmg" cost point depending on how you value versatility vs 3rd hit crits. Which in itself should be more than the value of "+1 shielding" let alone "+1 health" because damage boosts from different stats stack multiplicatively so +100% physical +100% melee actually is worth +300% total damage increase. Of course +1 AP actually is a fair bit stronger than that as stuns make no effort to account for such a possibility.

hotaruchan1

Sep 7, 2018
the perk tree still has the this is all a W.I.P and will likely be changed disclaimer on it. So I figured the combat was similar. it's there but little to no regard for balance has been introduced yet

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
the perk tree still has the this is all a W.I.P and will likely be changed disclaimer on it. So I figured the combat was similar. it's there but little to no regard for balance has been introduced yet
It's a single-player game, who cares about balance in a single-player game?
Let em focus on the content i say.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
It resets. Crit dmg is capped at 500% though so if you somehow get enough stat points...
(Keep in mind there is no legit way of getting 4 AP right now and even if aquatic races were tagged as such you'd have to drop over 100 stat points from myth/~50 from phoenix)

For a very oversimplified approximation +1 AP lets you perform one extra action out of 3, which translates to a 33% damage increase. Thus in a uniform budget the effect of "+1 AP" should be worth about 30-40 times the "+1% dmg" cost point depending on how you value versatility vs 3rd hit crits. Which in itself should be more than the value of "+1 shielding" let alone "+1 health" because damage boosts from different stats stack multiplicatively so +100% physical +100% melee actually is worth +300% total damage increase. Of course +1 AP actually is a fair bit stronger than that as stuns make no effort to account for such a possibility.
IIRC, the 500% cap is per crit though, so if it was letting you crit more than once in a turn you'd be getting two normal hits, and then two with the full crit bonus. When you're critting for like 800+, that's a pretty big increase in total damage.

That's why I was curious if it would let you stack crits. Because then it's significantly higher than a 33% damage increase.

Probably best that it doesn't work that way lol

Also, that math isn't quiet right, it's not actually a 33% increase. It seems that way because it's a 33% increase in your total number of moves. But the third move is so heavily weighted that it's significantly less than a 33% increase. Like, if you're hitting for 200, then 200, then 1000, and the new move is a 200, it's only like (eyeballing this, if I'm way off sorry) a 15% increase.

The rest of what you're saying is correct though.

Functionally, all having four AP would do is let me one shot all four imps in a single turn, rather than needing two turns. This is the problem with trying to build upon a terrible base system, no matter what you do on paper, you're still just adjusting a mess lol

Half the game is WIP or placeholder systems. They'll likely never get replaced, but they definitely should. The perk tree is boring AF. Combat is boring AF. There's no actual progression curve. As an RPG, it just kinda sucks. As a sandbox game... it still kinda sucks. Boring is worse than bad.

Of course, none of this has even been looked at in four years. So I'm pretty much assuming it never will be. Although its going to make it hell to add content moving foward. Like, it's going to be pretty fucking stupid if you have to hit the extreme end of the progression curve before leaving the intro area of the game, and then there's no progression past that.

It's a single-player game, who cares about balance in a single-player game?
Let em focus on the content i say.
I mean, anyone who cares about the *game* part of "single-player game" is going to care about balance.

But this goes beyond balance. I like breaking games. But having no functional game progression is going to make it really difficulty to design and add content moving forward.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
so if it was letting you crit more than once in a turn
Arcane Strike already does easily, and fire spells could but that condition is annoying to maintain. The 3rd hit thing "only" applies to specific attack skills, although it does include the most useful one I'll give you that.
Also, that math isn't quiet right, it's not actually a 33% increase. It seems that way because it's a 33% increase in your total number of moves. But the third move is so heavily weighted that it's significantly less than a 33% increase. Like, if you're hitting for 200, then 200, then 1000, and the new move is a 200, it's only like (eyeballing this, if I'm way off sorry) a 15% increase.
I specifically mentioned I was neglecting crits. Dragon breath can crit too, and it might be worth comparing to firebombs or special weapon skills like mag dump. At max crit power you're dealing 7x basic strike damage so yes, 14% increase in that case. But alternatively I could spam triple Witch's Seal plus Arcane Strike which ups the hypothetical maximum number of opponents you can stunlock from 4 to 6 (seal lasts 2 turns non-crit with musician start). Or, and I am not entirely sure this one works, you could permastun several targets with Ice Shard+Flash while still sustaining some aura.
Functionally, all having four AP would do is let me one shot all four imps in a single turn, rather than needing two turns.
Fireball can oneshot two imps per cast with a bit of luck, not sure what the cap is on the arcane lightning spells.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Reactions: Monstrous Moonshine

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I specifically mentioned I was neglecting crits.
Sorry, didn't see that.

Dragon breath can crit too, and it might be worth comparing to firebombs or special weapon skills like mag dump. At max crit power you're dealing 7x basic strike damage so yes, 14% increase in that case. But alternatively I could spam triple Witch's Seal plus Arcane Strike which ups the hypothetical maximum number of opponents you can stunlock from 4 to 6 (seal lasts 2 turns non-crit with musician start). Or, and I am not entirely sure this one works, you could permastun several targets with Ice Shard+Flash while still sustaining some aura.

Fireball can oneshot two imps per cast with a bit of luck, not sure what the cap is on the arcane lightning spells.
The problem is that phys damage is just kinda broken, and without a major redesign there's not going to be a way to fix it where you don't just remove it from the game. Unless you're just trying to make the game harder for thematic reasons, there's no reason to use something unreliable or requiring luck to accomplish the same goal.

Why bother stun locking your enemies when they can just be died after one round of combat?

If the combat system was complex enough to really make a game out of it, like some games have pulled off, then I'd be more for experimentation. But it doesn't have the complexity or depth needed to make experimentation interesting. Specially when nothing has really changed in years. Most of the long-time regulars in this thread have already tried everything there is to try with this combat system. Turns out phys stacking lets you ignore that part of the game entirely.

You guys forgot about the elemental with just fireball in the skill bar.

(y) Meraxis is the uncontested best part of this game, i think she even deserves a better game to be in honestly.
I take fireball out of the skill bar.

And yes, she is. Mostly just because she's the only one with a decent amount of individual content that isn't a shitshow or focused on other people half the time. She might be an obvious cliche, but at least it's done reasonably well lol

Meraxis is essentially the only reason I played (and continue to play) this game, as she seems to be the only character who is actually romantically (and physically) attracted to you.
I tried to argue against that, and the closest I could get to another example was Nyan/Lottie. But all the content involving those two is such a trainwreck I don't want to give it that much credit.

Apr 9, 2019
I'm generally really weak against cute and adorable stuff, and she has both in spades! :giggle:
Seriously not sure how something relatively normal like her, ended up in a game full of furry and transformations. :ROFLMAO:
I suppose you need at least one worthy waifu amongst the sea of thirsty fiends?

I tried to argue against that, and the closest I could get to another example was Nyan/Lottie. But all the content involving those two is such a trainwreck I don't want to give it that much credit.
Exactly my thoughts, and qualms, there are others with potential... Sort of like the game itself? Huh, curious. :HideThePain:

Last edited:
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I take fireball out of the skill bar.
No i meant the skill bar YOUR ELEMENTAL is using.
If you put just fireball there, she will spam that and only that. :ROFLMAO:
(Well, provided you are using fire elemental like i do of course.)

She might be an obvious cliche
I think it only makes her even more adorable. :love:
Heck, i generally am not into scythes but fuck it, i also went with it after meeting Meraxis. :ROFLMAO:
And of course i use the chuuni perk, so that i'm a proper arch-rival. Well, and the cheaper casts also help. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DSGMods

Jan 26, 2018
Is there a way of getting the LSG-9000 coom gun legitimately? Sure I figured out how to edit it into my save (id=dsg_eep_liqstungun_coomgun) and I red somewhere it appears in silly mode (never saw it) but I wanna know if it's officially in game.
No. You can spawn in from the debug menu. The "normal" liquid stun gun used to have this weapon's function in silly mode, but I split it into two separate items because it was a huge clunky mess to work with. I have no plans to introduce it to the base game at this time.

Sorry but I don't understand, are you talking about a previous version with different mechanics?
Maybe. Haven't really had the bandwidth to revisit, and in any case the object context bug made dynamic damage calculation moot.

I only vaguely remember that exploit. Was it actually any worse than how cheesed out you can get melee damage currently?
I believe it was still down in the triple digits (when it worked correctly with the correct object context). I don't remember exactly how much, but its removal was unpopular so it must have been good.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I tend to run the earth elemental.
I see.
I went fire and kill everything first turn anyway, conveniently your elemental's fire tree also can be upgraded into splitting fireballs into two, lol.
So like, if you cast 3 fireballs per turn they turn into 6 fireballs from splitting and then your elemental does the same thing... which makes combat HILARIOUSLY easy. :ROFLMAO:
I don't even need to swing my cheesy fire scythe more often than not.

Apr 9, 2019
When it comes to combat I run the earth elemental too, I use it to hold aggro, and heal it every now and then, while maintaining a flash rotation. I don't go OOM, either by using the tattoo exploit, or simply the vampiric perk. It's lazier (and therefore more energy efficient) than actually providing DPT yourself.

samiraqueensize

Sep 23, 2021
I don't know if they've already said this but if you take the "orgasmic level drain" perk and work as a prostitute to reach the maximum level extremely fast

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes