Oct 29, 2020
So I've been wanting to try this game out for a few updates now but it doesn't even start for me. I start it the same as any other program on my laptop but nothing happens. Anybody have the same issue (or even better: have a solution)?

Lurker_555111

Jun 26, 2021
Holy crap this game performs terribly compared with how it was when played it before. The only way I can even get something reasonably playable with my Ryzen 9 3900X is to put it on a RAM disk and restart it fairly frequently. It seems like it reads/writes to the disk constantly and gets clogged up keeping track of too much every game cycle.
It's this game's problem, not yours. This piece of spaghetti code lags on my reasonably good PC as well.

It seems like it reads/writes to the disk constantly and gets clogged up keeping track of too much every game cycle.
It probably is, I too noticed that the longer it remains open - the more it lags.

Reactions: domdale

Bluetooth Popcorn

May 7, 2018
It definitely was not this bad in versions somewhere around 0.3.2 or whatever it was when I last touched it. At this point, I think they should stop adding features for a while so they can unfuck the engine.

SunlessSpear

Aug 11, 2017
The NPC bloat is ridiculous in this game - especially if you run around impregnating and/or getting impregnated by everyone you meet. I start new games regularly, so it's not really a problem for me, but if you plan to take a save for the long haul, you'll have to consciously limit how many kids you have and how many NPCs you leave behind in encounter tiles.

Reactions: Bluetooth Popcorn

Bluetooth Popcorn

May 7, 2018
The NPC bloat is ridiculous in this game - especially if you run around impregnating and/or getting impregnated by everyone you meet. I start new games regularly, so it's not really a problem for me, but if you plan to take a save for the long haul, you'll have to consciously limit how many kids you have and how many NPCs you leave behind in encounter tiles.
My preferred approach would be to export your character now and again and restart the story. That way you keep your levels and perks but you can blow through the questlines to get back to where you were quickly without the need to be too careful about generating NPCs.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
It definitely was not this bad in versions somewhere around 0.3.2 or whatever it was when I last touched it. At this point, I think they should stop adding features for a while so they can unfuck the engine.

It *was* this bad in the 0.3.x days if you had a bunch of NPCs spawned in.

The problem is that the more content we get, the more NPCs are spawned in by default. Because this game is pretty tosh at asset and memory management.

Reactions: 7546338

SheepPun

Mar 30, 2021
As a pregshitter, one of the few things I genuinely like about the game is how you can impregnate the vast majority of NPCs... but like pointed out before; the game starts to creak under the weight of 10 npcs due to how it seems to constantly information on everything at the same time instead of just updating an npc when you meet them next.

Also I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the slovenly/stutterer traits? Fucking dyslexic nightmares. It's an incredibly artificial way to try to expand the voices in the writing (I can only handle reading 'squeal' so many times) and I just debug a couple of those hypno watches in my game to remove every case I come across. Bimbo speak is a little easier to read for me because the quirks of it show up a lot more in day to day messages.

Also also, probably one of my pettiest nit picks is when your character has the mute trait, their dialogue is replaced with quotes like "... ... ..." The correct grammar in this context is just "..." But ultimately I assume this is a case of how dialogue is generated not really written.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
does anyone know what traits i have to use to make a ryu dragon
You need to have the specific ryu face and head transformations, as well as a tufted dragon tail and no wings or arm-wings; for a greater ryu, all other body parts just need to be dragon. Any of the dragonfruit items, when enchanted, can give these transformative effects.
pt1.png

kentda39

Sep 24, 2018
There is one easy "modification" that can make combat brutally easy. And its low cost to make.

Limbs (arms). Extra arms. However, do note that the number of AP for a basic attack goes up by 1 for each extra set of arms. IE 2 sets of arms is 2 AP for a basic attack and 3 sets of arms is 3 AP for the basic melee attack. But, where the extra arms comes in handy is using multiple two handers (those things hurt), or go for the defense and have multiple shields.

I haven't tried to see how well it works if you go pure unarmed (since there is a perk for unarmed).

Just figured you guys might find that amusing, or an easy way to power through early content if you're starting fresh. Even 3 pairs of basic pipes can dish out some pain.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
There is one easy "modification" that can make combat brutally easy. And its low cost to make.
There are a whole bunch of ways to make combat easy, without the need to increase the cost of your moves too.
I go with 2-handed melee weapon as the primary element for my build.
I convert it to fire element and boost fire and melee damage.
Right now i got scythe, a gift from my first battle with Meraxis. <3
I converted it to fire and have 40% melee damage atm thanks to my aristocrat perk and some leveling perks, and the scythe already does 200-300+ damage.
In the future if there will be a way to sneak more melee damage in, i expect it will increase to 400-500+
And i can make 2 hits with it during a single turn, since third ap is reserved for teleport which makes me pretty much invulnerable during the entire fight. But since teleport with upgrades lasts 2 turns i could slip third hit in if i wanted to.

I only use a tiny amount of my aura for teleport, which keeps most of my aura intact for defense.
Teleport Scythe build i guess you could call it. :giggle: :coffee:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
weird bug with affection/obedience values for rooms? only seems graphical w/o actually changing any values?
Affection and obedience is kinda messy.
It depends on the room they work in and mods therein, it depends on how long they work, it depends on job type, it depends on the type of mods you got in the room where they rest.... I don't even want to begin remembering all of that crap. o_O

I generally adjust this crap till slaves are permanently gaining both affection and obedience, whatever tiny amount, and then forget it.
Some jobs like the whore job cannot have both affection and obedience incoming permanently due to bad room mod balance so i just ditch those jobs entirely.
Right now i remember two of those, spa reception and whoring.
I just leave them without staff at all, can't be arsed maintaining stats manually.

Last edited:

raingirth

Jul 5, 2018
Yeah...the sad thing is i cant play this game on my phone since they said that there wont have a android version

PlasticDoll

Jul 9, 2020
Even if you could get it to run (you'd need a Java 8 JRE with JavaFX support—Joiplay doesn't provide that, and I'm not sure if there are any prepackaged solutions that do), the UI is extremely desktop-centric. You'd need a tablet with a stylus or mouse for the best experience, since the buttons would likely be too small for a phone screen with touch.

On top of that, the game engine isn't all that well optimized. You'd need a pretty high end device (at least 4GB of RAM, I'd wager) to play it comfortably to the mid-game and beyond, and you'd likely run into some pretty nasty lag spikes.

I wouldn't recommend it, to be honest. Things might change down the road, but I don't think mobile was ever on the roadmap for LT.
too bad, yea seems like it was never planned :c thank you, it's good to know then & not get my hopes up

Reactions: Sarkath

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Not even sure wtf this game means when it says "ryu dragon."
An Eastern-style serpentine dragon, like Shenron from DBZ or Haku from Spirited Away. Kind of weird to see them lumped together like that as they are typically intelligent and associated with divinity (and sometimes water!) rather than the savage beasts we picture in the West. Not sure what the mythology behind the Coatl is though.

Phoenix Harpy +75% fire damage. Witch's Broom stunlock (start with the Musician perk in October and beat the cultist at the chapel, you just won the rest of the game!). Straight up stacking damage modifiers since your single-armed 1AP basic attack can be used 3 times (3rd crits!) "in the same instant" anyway.

If you want to get tactical long-term you can also optimise clothing set bonuses as those do not count against your Enchantment Capacity (such a dumb system!), and fill remaining slots with natural protection gear. Getting a bike helmet, some shin+elbow pads and the scientist set early makes you nightunkillable on the streets of Dominion anyway.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes