Welwigo

Apr 12, 2021
You'd be surprised. I had the pleasure of working with a programmer with 25 years of experience who was utterly incapable of managing his own workload. Some people just need to have someone over them 24/7 or they can't stay on track.
Hah. I'm one of these people. It really does give perspective into how she needs a project manager for her own schedule and a coordinations manager for the outside work people want to contribute like the .svg files and custom characters. 3.9 to 4.0 took eight months, and 4.19 is still not out five, almost six months after that. It honestly reminds me of the FunPimps and 7 Days To Die where it's one step forward, six steps sideways, and then half a step back for the better part of a year.

Reactions: Sarkath

YoungBlooded

Feb 2, 2020
Hah. I'm one of these people. It really does give perspective into how she needs a project manager for her own schedule and a coordinations manager for the outside work people want to contribute like the .svg files and custom characters. 3.9 to 4.0 took eight months, and 4.19 is still not out five, almost six months after that. It honestly reminds me of the FunPimps and 7 Days To Die where it's one step forward, six steps sideways, and then half a step back for the better part of a year.
In all honesty, the content is slow and very annoying but it's easily replayable for the first 100 hours then it gets boring.

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
darkgryffon Alrighty, I just made a build that doesn't complain about JNI stuff. :D (and I updated the other post, too, just in case).
Yep seems to work, once again thank you kindly~
Hey, no problem!

I just tried it out and that doesn't seem to be happening on my install. I was able to get all of the dialogue from Arthur's Quest, as well as all of the map descriptions.

Here's what I did, for comparison's sake:

1. Download the JAR version from here.
2. Extract it into X:\Games\LilithsThrone
3. Drop the modded JAR into the same directory as LilithsThrone_0_4_1_9.jar.
4. Run the modded JAR.

#3 is pretty important. I noticed that the archive here creates a "Lilith's Throne" directory wherever you extract it. You'll need to make sure that the modded JAR is inside of that folder (that is, with the normal Lilith's Throne JAR), not alongside it.

Hope this helps!
Thats what i have been doing. i tried it with a new character and a new "install"/download. im wondering why now. because im dropping the .jar file you provided into the same folder as lilith'sthrone.jar..the one with the data and res folder. I followed the instructions exactly. I've attached two images of my setup and error so i dont know what's going on

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Thats what i have been doing. i tried it with a new character and a new "install"/download. im wondering why now. because im dropping the .jar file you provided into the same folder as lilith'sthrone.jar..the one with the data and res folder. I followed the instructions exactly. I've attached two images of my setup and error so i dont know what's going on
I see what's happening. Your copy of Lilith's Throne is out of date. The modded version targets the current 0.4.1.9 version, while the data files you have are from 0.4.1.1. It looks like Inno has been steadily removing the hard coded story content from the Java source code and splitting it off into external XML files (putting it into the res directory).

So yeah, unfortunately you'll have to redownload LT to get those extra res files. Saved games usually transfer over without too much hassle, so you can safely keep your data folder if you don't want to lose anything.

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
Isn't that just pregnancy/impregnation fetish?
1566950055477.jpg
That's the central crux of my whole game. A race against time before my uncontrolled fetish renders my gameworld overpopulated and unplayable. I need a mod to "dispose" of these juvenile delinquents running around

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
That's the central crux of my whole game. A race against time before my uncontrolled fetish renders my gameworld overpopulated and unplayable. I need a mod to "dispose" of these juvenile delinquents running around
Try the status deferral mod I linked here. It should make moving around in a world with thousands of NPCs far more pleasant.

Reactions: DirtyMare88

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Good news everyone! We're now three weeks behind on the announced blog/substar update!

That's right, instead of getting a sob story about how Inno wasn't feeling well or didn't feel like working for a week, the next delay update is going to be for a full month of not working! That's the second month off in the last six! Nice!

The worst part of a delay like this is the fact that normally the writing coming out of a long delay sucks. The only decent writing in the game tends to happen without delays... really adds some credibility to the thought that there's not really any passion left for this project. Just compare the second half on Nyan's quest to the recent stuff with Meraxis to see the quality long delays get us.

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
I see what's happening. Your copy of Lilith's Throne is out of date. The modded version targets the current 0.4.1.9 version, while the data files you have are from 0.4.1.1. It looks like Inno has been steadily removing the hard coded story content from the Java source code and splitting it off into external XML files (putting it into the res directory).

So yeah, unfortunately you'll have to redownload LT to get those extra res files. Saved games usually transfer over without too much hassle, so you can safely keep your data folder if you don't want to lose anything.
thats weird.....i thought that was the latest. i was downloading it from the blog...but i guess i forgot there could/would be a patreon exclusive version :I. my bad.

Jun 25, 2017
Bit of a tangent but this is the place for it. Done did Nyan's quest and got with both her and mother, inspite being like "gross; your mom sucks" because I figured I'd just see less if I didn't. Made some babehs ,and the mom's all like "yeah don't worry about the kid's I got this", so I'm like cool cuz I don't like being THAT irresponsible. I than met the kid robbing people in back alleys like a week later. Like yeah good going mom; I see you're all over this parenting business.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
thats weird.....i thought that was the latest. i was downloading it from the blog...but i guess i forgot there could/would be a patreon exclusive version :I. my bad.
No worries! :)

And yeah, Inno doesn't publish public builds of all the LT versions. I forgot about that little detail at first, since I'm used to just grabbing everything from her GitHub repository.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
Done! Maybe!

I can't really test this JAR on my Linux box without globally installing a bunch of JRE8 shit, but it should work (I used the same method I used to build the older ones). To use this, make sure you install , then plop the JAR from the link above into your Lilith's Throne 0.4.1.9 directory, and double-click it to run the modded build. Let me know if you guys run into any issues.

On another note: my god, I forgot how long it takes to build this shit. The initial build takes something like 24-25 minutes on a decent laptop. :|

Edit: Updated download link.
Which folder do you put it in?
The jre1.8.0_172 folder?
Or the data folder?

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Which folder do you put it in?
The jre1.8.0_172 folder?
Or the data folder?
You'll want to put it in the main Lilith's Throne folder. It should look something like this when you're done:

1635121488816.png

It sounds like you're basing it on the EXE version, so in your case it'll go in the same folder as LT.exe. Make sure you have installed on your system if you go that route, otherwise it won't work.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Good news: We finally got a status update...!
Bad news: It's not ready yet.

Hello once again,

I'm really sorry about how long this update is taking, and for the lack of communication. I've had a really rough time over the past month or so, and progress on Lilith's Throne has greatly suffered as a result of that. There's no excuse for me not to have kept you updated on this via progress posts, and so all I can do is apologise for not keeping you all in the loop regarding this situation.

On a brighter note, I think that I'm really starting to get past the bad times, and so I'll be able to get into the right frame of mind for writing content once again. I'll get as many placeholders fully written as I can over this week (for Monica and Evelyx's Dairy Farm), and I'll put out the public release of v0.4.2 at some point over this weekend. Even if it's not in a fully completed state, I'll still stick to that weekend release date, as it's been so long since the last update that I feel I really need to get something released, even if it's not 100% finished.

Sorry again for the poor performance over this past month, and I'll do my best to get back on track and get more content made for you all to enjoy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tehlemon

Uguns

Mar 26, 2018
Well, it sounds like me 3-4 years ago when I was depressed and down in life. I didn't want to people know so I was making up 99 different reasons of why I was fine or it's just a temp thing never talking about it or.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Whoa, she's serious this time, you guys. She put it in bold and everything.
That explains the last five years. She wasn't putting things in bold.

How can we complain about her constantly breaking promises if they weren't in bold!?

What are we up to now, like, 15 weeks off this year?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes