jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
That sounds pretty neat! You should detail those changes and open a pull request.
rn I am actually setting up a "fixed" pull request for so that the game will compile and be testable on linux and mac platforms.

I had to start from scratch on my changes because I did not test how they affected the actual game.

Last edited:
Reactions: PussyPassAnon

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
well as of rn it seems LT uses about 2GB+ of memory I was able to get it down to 1.5GB.
I think the fix they are referring to in the next update is this:
>Maxis (Lvl 6 Code Monkey)
11/30/2021

This kind of is what happens, the problem was they are generated as full NPCs which then put them in the update cycle since they never change until encountered this was wasteful so Ace wrote a fix but yeah, in hindsight a lot of LT code is bad, but takes time to fix, like most things, it works at the time, but then later on you find ways it can be better
(from discord mod discussion)
not a programmer, or understand the specifics, but in the chat they acted as if this would be quite the panacea.

Zero meaningful mechanical game play changes, which right now are super needed IMO.

Did I miss anything?

Luckily, like, every other game I like had updates while I was gone lol
We got goats this year....think that's it, did we get anything else?

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
I think the fix they are referring to in the next update is this:
>Maxis (Lvl 6 Code Monkey)
11/30/2021

This kind of is what happens, the problem was they are generated as full NPCs which then put them in the update cycle since they never change until encountered this was wasteful so Ace wrote a fix but yeah, in hindsight a lot of LT code is bad, but takes time to fix, like most things, it works at the time, but then later on you find ways it can be better
(from discord mod discussion)
not a programmer, or understand the specifics, but in the chat they acted as if this would be quite the panacea.

We got goats this year....think that's it, did we get anything else?
well I did notice that haphazardly converting parts of the game into kotlin does seem to make it function better. (SOME of the time)

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
so are there any plans to have any way to custom order clothes so we don't have to pray to rnjesus to get the outfits we want?
There's occasional talk about bulk ordering since equipping staff can be annoying but otherwise there isn't really any rng involved. If you don't like the colours, the horse sells dye sticks and knowing enough earth magic even makes that process free.

Reactions: MercurialQuark

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
28 hours a day? Impressive!
lmao, yeah my math while tired is not good (ninja edit: jesus, my typing is also shit... I gotta re-write this entire damn post...)

Lets just say I was giving the number AFTER calculating time and a half, because I'm pretty sure that's what "lemons on 3 hours of sleep" got confused by. It was 110 hours over six days. There were a few 20 hour days in there.

And then yesterday HR called me becase I had been exposed to multiple people with covid multiple times over the weekend, for long periods of time. So now I might not be able to make my christmas vacation because of that stupid fucking trip.

And now every time I cough or feel tired, which is all the time thanks to allergies, I'm going "oh fuck, I have covid!"

this man ground the game so hard he broke the space-time continuum to invent more hours in a day just so he could play it more

And then, just because he could, he broke it again to juggle work with gaming.
God I wish. No, I was just so tired that it *felt* that way.

so are there any plans to have any way to custom order clothes so we don't have to pray to rnjesus to get the outfits we want?
Is it difficult to get the clothes you want?

There's a handful of different shops that carry different clothing from the random clothing list, and you can generally find the base clothes of what you want in a hurry. You just have to dye/enchant stuff yourself.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Is it difficult to get the clothes you want?

There's a handful of different shops that carry different clothing from the random clothing list, and you can generally find the base clothes of what you want in a hurry. You just have to dye/enchant stuff yourself.
Just to piggyback on this to point out that clothes can be dyed (and weapons reforged), which Wolfdragon20 may be unaware of.

Dye-brushes and reforging hammers can be found randomly or purchased from Ralph's. Learning three spells from the Earth list will allow your MC to dye/reforge for free.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Just to piggyback on this to point out that clothes can be dyed (and weapons reforged), which Wolfdragon20 may be unaware of.

Dye-brushes and reforging hammers can be found randomly or purchased from Ralph's. Learning three spells from the Earth list will allow your MC to dye/reforge for free.
not quite; you need to learn three spells from the water tree before you can dye stuff for free, and three spells from the earth tree before you can reforge them for free. just pointing that out.

Reactions: Carl0sDanger

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Just to piggyback on this to point out that clothes can be dyed (and weapons reforged),
Such a massively unnecessary over specificity. In a way it reminds me of master of orion 3. Pointless extreme minutia while the overarching systems are unfinished

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Such a massively unnecessary over specificity. In a way it reminds me of master of orion 3. Pointless extreme minutia while the overarching systems are unfinished
I for one would gladly take "outfits" over individual clothing items if it meant a better functioning engine with steady progress on the core story. Massive bloat in the variety of 'morphs too.

The reason for the bloat, of course, is that most (ie. nearly all) of the new items and race options have been provided by the community, not Innoxia herself. Quite a few "updates" have consisted of little more than folding this fan-created content into the game proper and doing a couple bugfixes.

So, while we're getting new clothes and new races instead of progress, we're not getting them at the expense of progress.

The lack of progress is simply due to lack of work.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
No, water for free fluid related enchants and earth for anything that changes the look of an item, i.e. dye and reforge.
ah, yeah, i gave it a second look and you were right. i'm not gonna retract my statement cause i'm lazy, but the correction is appreciated so i can clown on the less knowledgeable.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes