Aug 27, 2020
Dunno about you man, but when I do something - I do it right. Or at least I try to. If I want to be lazy, I just go "fuck all" and be transparent about it. It's simply astounding how there are so little people who adapt the same approach - it's so much less of a headache and so much less of a burden on your conscience. People know what to expect from you and you know not to expect anything from people.

So, to answer your question: yes. Yes, I would. If I can't do the job that barely needs any doing, then I might as well just give it to someone who can and manage it from above. If I can't do even that, then I should just give up. What's the point of money if I can't sleep at nights?

If there's one thing that I truly want to know regarding this whole thing: but how does Inno sleep at nights knowing what they are doing? I am genuinely curious, not trying to bash them in this particular case.
You see, not everyone has the same scruples as you and I. Some people buy their own bullshit when they think money can buy them happiness, and not everyone cares about the people they stomp on as they go about their day. I refer to this as being a sociopath, but honestly most people just see it as just good business sense "if you see an opportunity to make money, take it"

Reactions: Konstantinus

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
(actually kind of wondering who gets the reference, btw)
Ooh! Ooh! I do! What do I win?
It's also Inno's primary source of income.

If you had a job where you barely had to work but made a good living, would you give it up?

I'd get a real job and milk the side project for as long as possible and maybe have a chance of retirement before death.
File footage of Innoxia at the office, colorized:

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
At least I won't be a skeleton hangin on a chainlink fence. (actually kind of wondering who gets the reference, btw)
A nuclear detonation movie or something, but I've never seen it.
(Saw a short clip of it in a video that had a bunch of other movies that featured nuclear annihilation.)

Reactions: crash.7ds

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
... how does Inno sleep at nights knowing what they are doing?
As I've said a number of times, I think the problem is that Inno is caught in a loop of failure and shame rather than deliberately not doing work. They fail to hit a deadline, get depressed then decide to take time off until they feel better. Which of course makes them feel even worse.

Sep 21, 2021
As I've said a number of times, I think the problem is that Inno is caught in a loop of failure and shame rather than deliberately not doing work. They fail to hit a deadline, get depressed then decide to take time off until they feel better. Which of course makes them feel even worse.
Could be the case, but being transparent there would be a much better choice than jerking off lore-accurate orange rat penises in hopes that things will just fix themselves.

"Listen, it's no secret to all of you by now that I really fucked up my deadlines lately and I really have no excuse for that. I don't know how things will go from now on, but I want to do better and I'll try to do my best in general. I am very sorry for my incompetence and hopefully I'll improve in that regard."

It's really not that hard and people will only respect them more, because in that day and age where society is ruled by lies, truth only becomes that much more endearing.

Also, the reason why I'm not completely buying that Inno is just ashamed of their misgivings is because there's still no full mod support for the game. You see, if developers can't deliver - fans can. It's a fact. LT looks like a very moddable game and it should be, yet it's not the case. What conclusion can we draw there? Inno wants the whole control over the game to themselves. They don't want to be outshined by nobodies who are that much more hardworking or talented, because it'd hurt their own reputation, that's my take. And if it's not the case? Well, then Inno is just that much more incompetent, tone-deaf and honestly should hand over the project to someone more capable and passionate.

order666

Mar 23, 2017
I've upgraded one room in total and have someone living there. I wanted to upgrade another, but it says "You cannot purchase modifications while you in debt". I have a lot of flames, what would be causing this/who do i have to pay?

edit: never fuckin mind, i'm a dumbass. Didn't see the debt thing DIRECTLY BELOW THE UPGRADE BUTTON

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jamonserrano

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
So this is probably a dumb question and all but why doesn't the angels, humans or demons have XML data files within the res directory? I wanted to mod some new races into the game but I got nothing to work with reference wise and it's kinda annoying. I'm guessing there's no way to get them right?

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
How do you run a .jar file though?
I assume you require a specific app/player (Like with Flash), but I don't think I have it, and I've never played JS games to my knowledge.
You need to install to run .jar files. either runtime environment or development kit

you can find it here:

This specific game ALSO requires you to install JavaFX which can be downloaded here

(in 2017 oracle decoupled it from java, stopped developing it, and donated it to an open source foundation. So don't bother downloading the oracle version it is horribly outdated).

After downloading and installing both files you should be able to just double click on the .jar file to run it

Last edited:

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
So this is probably a dumb question and all but why doesn't the angels, humans or demons have XML data files within the res directory? I wanted to mod some new races into the game but I got nothing to work with reference wise and it's kinda annoying. I'm guessing there's no way to get them right?
Moving the old races out to xml is a pretty low priority task so only the ones added after modding support are in external files. If you want to add some new ones yourself, the hyena files are fully annotated as a reference.

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
That, and everyone in this thread doing a constant dog-pile of verbal abuse. I mean, if I had a project that went for years with this number of asshats constantly berating my work, I wouldn't feel like putting much effort in either. If I already know people will just bitch, moan, and whine about it, why bother do anything?

There is 'you get out what you put in', but folks forget that's a two-way street.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Moving the old races out to xml is a pretty low priority task so only the ones added after modding support are in external files. If you want to add some new ones yourself, the hyena files are fully annotated as a reference.
I have been using the hyena files as a base but since its obviously a hyene and not a human, it's kinda hard to use it as a basis for making some weirdo human races I want to make, hence why I was asking If someone else had done it already lol

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
That, and everyone in this thread doing a constant dog-pile of verbal abuse. I mean, if I had a project that went for years with this number of asshats constantly berating my work, I wouldn't feel like putting much effort in either. If I already know people will just bitch, moan, and whine about it, why bother do anything?

There is 'you get out what you put in', but folks forget that's a two-way street.
That might be true if Inno actually read this forum. AFAIK she doesn't, so we're free to vent our frustration as much as we like without bringing Inno down.

Reactions: jamonserrano

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I have been using the hyena files as a base but since its obviously a hyene and not a human, it's kinda hard to use it as a basis for making some weirdo human races I want to make, hence why I was asking If someone else had done it already lol
Oh, alright. Just grab the elves mod or something like that from the discord then.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes