CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I haven't played this since v0.3.18 , are there any new bad ends added since then by any chance? And will my old save work with this one?
There is a bad end at the Dairy Farm, it is just outside the new city of Ellis. It isn't marked on the map automatically, but if you exit the new town and walk 5 squares east, then 2 squares north, you should find it. You can also make it appear on the map if you talk to the cowgirl in one of the trading areas in the town. She has a short romance quest that will have you go to the farm to get her personal milker back. After you offer to help, the dairy should appear on the map.

The quest is pretty boring and repetitive. You agree to work as a milk cow and progress through 3 'levels' and after the third level, when you talk to the person in charge, she turns you into a slave and you end your days as a braindead, feral cow.

Reactions: medassin

AngelOfDesire

Mar 23, 2022
This game has a lot of potential, problem is it has had that for quite some time, but not used much of it. Most of the game suffers from the same problem in my experience: The vast majority of the game, whether it be characters, the combat system, the sex system, the quest etc all are wide as an ocean but almost never deeper than a puddle. I hope more work will go towards deepening the game rather than continues expansion.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Inno keeps overestimating how much she can do within her self-imposed deadlines. She justifies it by saying the estimates push her to work harder but what it ultimately does is cause her to overstress about it all, which is terrible for one's mental health, especially when it keeps happening over a long period of time. She doesn't accept that the parameters have changed and she cannot keep treating this game as it was back in 2016.

When this project started off in 2016, she made it one of her goals to release a new update every two weeks. This was easier to achieve because there was less of an amalgamation of code to manage every time she wanted to add something. Things have changed. Her workflow, health and motivation have changed, yet she keeps ignoring the signs, either due to foolishness, stubbornness, or both. She has been taking breaks due to personal and health concerns more and more often. Progress has slowed down over the years and if it keeps up like this it may come to a halt completely.

Stress, fatigue, headaches, light-headedness - there's a plethora of conditions that cause these. However, one condition that could easily be affecting her, that includes all of these, is burnout. Resting is good but it won't solve the issue if she's going to return to her old methods and workflow right after. She needs to change her approach towards development and slow down in order to do more in the long-term. But I doubt she will. Stubborn people only learn when something drastic happens that forces their hand. Her health is going to have to implode to dangerous levels for her to realize she can't continue like this...

She's going to hit rock-bottom one day, the question is whether she will still be able to work on the game at that point (or even want to)...

Some of us may be jaded but at the end of the day we still want the game to succeed. Her subscribers could have influenced her for the better, instead, they chose to ignore the problem, either due to ignorance or because they didn't want to besmirch their reputation and hurt the developer's feelings. Even now, you speak anything that isn't outright praise and you get told off, point in case was that Sub.Star comment where one person told her to get a team because she was overworked, and got called "rude and impatient" by the community. We were the first ones to point out that Inno's workflow wasn't sustainable and would lead to problems down the road, we warned about this years ago, but since we're the "salty malcontents" nobody cared...
I haven't been on F95 for a long time, but I can see that this site grants you a unique perspective.

You see all the Games/VNs that have been either Onhold for awhile or simply abandoned.

It's usually because of what you mentioned, burnout. Single or a small group of devs get well over their heads and have no idea how to rein themselves in. So the whole project (or themselves) collapses.

Anyone looking to create a project should really take a look around all the dead Patreons and topics to understand what to look out for before they commit to anything and cause themselves undue suffering.

Good talk :coffee:

Last edited:

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Some of us may be jaded but at the end of the day we still want the game to succeed. Her subscribers could have influenced her for the better, instead, they chose to ignore the problem, either due to ignorance or because they didn't want to besmirch their reputation and hurt the developer's feelings.
The problem with Patreon/SubStar is that oftentimes the sunk cost fallacy will rear its ugly head. Consider that if you pay $5/month for a campaign for a year, you've effectively bought a AAA game. That, coupled with the comments section, not to mention the opportunity to connect directly with the artist in question, can lead to a shocking degree of attachment.

If more people treated these sort of pledges as a business transaction or investment I don't think we'd see this degree of complacency, but as we've seen in the past (even around here) people take this sort of thing very, very personally.

You see all the Games/VNs that have been either Onhold for awhile or simply abandoned.

It's usually because of what you mentioned, burnout. Single or a small group of devs get well over their heads and have no idea how to rein themselves in. So the whole project (or themselves) collapses.
I think a lot of people also forget that organizing large projects is hard. It's not enough to simply know how to program, or to have followed a half dozen tutorials for a game engine.

Unfortunately, the type of organizational skills you need to be able to manage code can only really be acquired through painful experience (or if you're some sort of geeky virtuoso). You also can't be afraid to realize that things are going awry, slam on the brakes, and spend a day on refactoring and planning.

The problem with LT in general (and I've stated this a few times in the past) is that I get the feeling that Inno went in with minimal experience and, when things started going off the rails, blindly pushed on instead of thinking, "Hey, there's probably an better way to do this."

It makes Inno's refusal to share the workload more frustrating. It's been obvious for a while now that she could use the help, and I think she's finally at the point where she could afford to pay for assistance (or, as I suggested previously, set up a bounty system).

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Inno keeps overestimating how much she can do within her self-imposed deadlines. She justifies it by saying the estimates push her to work harder but what it ultimately does is cause her to overstress about it all, which is terrible for one's mental health, especially when it keeps happening over a long period of time. She doesn't accept that the parameters have changed and she cannot keep treating this game as it was back in 2016.

When this project started off in 2016, she made it one of her goals to release a new update every two weeks. This was easier to achieve because there was less of an amalgamation of code to manage every time she wanted to add something. Things have changed. Her workflow, health and motivation have changed, yet she keeps ignoring the signs, either due to foolishness, stubbornness, or both. She has been taking breaks due to personal and health concerns more and more often. Progress has slowed down over the years and if it keeps up like this it may come to a halt completely.

Stress, fatigue, headaches, light-headedness - there's a plethora of conditions that cause these. However, one condition that could easily be affecting her, that includes all of these, is burnout. Resting is good but it won't solve the issue if she's going to return to her old methods and workflow right after. She needs to change her approach towards development and slow down in order to do more in the long-term. But I doubt she will. Stubborn people only learn when something drastic happens that forces their hand. Her health is going to have to implode to dangerous levels for her to realize she can't continue like this...

She's going to hit rock-bottom one day, the question is whether she will still be able to work on the game at that point (or even want to)...

I don't believe at all Inno is working hard or competently.

theforstycow

Sep 13, 2017
I don't even play this game. I just love reading the same predictable blog posts.

"Sorry for the delay, [insert excuse here]"

Isn't such a strange coincidence that game devs seem to be sick 24/7? :rolleyes:

100% positive Innoxia just goofs off and procrastinates most of the time. Then when crunch time happens they try to jam everything into a small window, freak out, then make and excuse. Rinse and repeat. Seen it all before with independent, inexperienced developers who have no ability to actually manage their own time.

Whether they like it or not, most people require a boss to keep them in check.

This person claims to work 6-7 days a week 12 hours a day? Absolute, grade-A bullshit. Unless you consider "work" sitting at your computer browsing Reddit. Seriously, working for 4 hours a day 4 days a week should produce more results than this.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021
so i can now never play this at all because the game is imcompatable with everythihng i own and now seeing updates sucks my soul out if possible can anyone find a way for the game to be eithwr played on joiplay or on chromebook

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I don't even play this game. I just love reading the same predictable blog posts.

Same. I am playing excuse bingo instead of playing the game. Very amusing.

Not because the game is terrible mind you.
But because I already played it, and nothing new is being added.
(disclaimer: I am sorry but adding a couple of outfits does not count as content)

NopeNopeNope12345

Oct 10, 2020
Another game in a similar vein but with a female protag would be Lustful Desires (made on RenPy). It's mostly straight oriented with some beastiality thrown in occasionally, but it also has a decent amount of content. I don't like that I have to grind mats to make potions though (you're an alchemist so it's your job). Boring grind is boring.
Um, I hate to break it to you but LD is not at all straight oriented lol.
You CAN play as a female protag, but its primarily all bara m/m content designed for homosexual men into that sort of thing; its not even the traditional yaoi take on m/m made to appeal to women. I think there's one single illustrated scene with a female character in the entire game, and you don't even see her genitals. The discord structure kinda gives it away considering there's only one channel for straight content, and all the others are by default m/m bara lmfao.
--
Anyway, I don't think I've ever actually posted a comment on F95, but Inno's constant "sorry guys!" posts are obnoxious more than useful. I have no investment in this developer as a person or their health, I have an investment in the game...
The game they do not deliver new content on month after month, despite having a loads of support and "constantly working".

What they implemented could've been done in one day, in less than a few hours. The excuse that "the project is too big to handle" is absolutely ridiculous considering the fact that there are entire teams of people creating mod content for the game at a pace faster than the base code is being expanded upon. Don't want to burn out? Don't ask people for money.
Terrible business practice, glad F95 exists.

Reactions: IvoryOwl
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes