Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
i just redownloaded LT to see - vain as my hope is - what progress the game has actually made.

none, but that's not important.

this is.

WHY THE FUCK DID LT SUCK AWAY 4GB IN ONE DAY!?
what's it being used for!?
where did it go!?

LT pls give my GB back i miss them i'll play you whatever you want just let them go.

Powiratel

Dec 29, 2017
Wednesday, 4 May 2022

Hello again,
First of all, I'm so sorry again for the length of time between this post and my previous one. I've been continuing to have a bit of a rough time recently, and so progress was slow, leading to me not having much to say in a progress post and therefore putting off making one.
Anyway, I'm making this post now as I've finally got back into the swing of things. I've got all of the writing for the new tavern content finished, and I'm moving on to getting bugs fixed and other minor things added for v0.4.4's release. At the moment I'm hoping to have it released to you at some point over this weekend, but please be prepared for it to possibly take a little longer than that.
Thank you all again so much for your patience, and I'll see you in the next post, which will be the release post of v0.4.4!

I guess it's will looooooong time for waiting next update. While watching anger and hatred people how they biting between itch others
kenan-thompson-eating-popcorn.gif

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
i just redownloaded LT to see - vain as my hope is - what progress the game has actually made.

none, but that's not important.

this is.

WHY THE FUCK DID LT SUCK AWAY 4GB IN ONE DAY!?
what's it being used for!?
where did it go!?

LT pls give my GB back i miss them i'll play you whatever you want just let them go.
It's amazing, isn't it. Like, its truly an impressive waste of resources for how simple the game is.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
i'm really confused as to why people think this game would ever work on anything less than a beefy beefcake computer.

there's over 600 pages of people telling other people just how busted this game is. if it doesn't work for a high-end pc your dinky little phone or tablet might just implode trying to run it for more than thirty seconds.

there's a search function and a filter system for a reason; people really need to stop asking the same questions over and over again and just...use them. it's common sense; if a game has a forum over 600 pages long it's guaranteed that someone has asked that question; then it's just a matter of looking it up.

common sense, people.

thank you for coming to my TEDTalk.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
i'm really confused as to why people think this game would ever work on anything less than a beefy beefcake computer.
My computer was last updated in 2009.
It wasnt even a high end computer back then.
This game never even slows my computer down.
Not a little bit, not at all.

(One tiny note) I dont play as an eight legged, purple spotted futasaurus nor do I ever have more than 5-10 kids running around

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017

(One tiny note) I dont play as an eight legged, purple spotted futasaurus nor do I ever have more than 5-10 kids running around
So, basically, the only way to have smoother performance is to ignore half of what the game offers and just be very conservative and vanilla...

The optimization in LT (or lack of thereof) is one of the things that prevent people from enjoying the game as it was meant to be. Is pregnancy your kink? Too bad. Can't have a lot of children or it will tank your performance. Want to create a complex dairy farm on your household, with dozens of slaves being milked, all around the clock, with smooth performance? Too bad. Have a few hours to burn and want to go for a longer playthrough? Too bad.

It's like giving the player an enormous playground but telling them they are restricted to the sand pit and only for 10 mins, as after that a vortex appears and starts to swallow everything in said pit. What is the point of creating a game with sandbox elements, where the player's freedom and agency is important, and then restricting what the player can do and how they do it because the game can't handle it? For the record, I'm not talking about those who push the engine's limits just for the lolz. These problems start to occur well before that, just by playing the game.

I don't believe these issues were an intentional design choice but some of them have been around for a while...

Last edited:

caju

Oct 5, 2017
So, basically, the only way to have smoother performance is to ignore half of what the game offers and just be very conservative and vanilla...

The optimization in LT (or lack of thereof) is one of the things that prevent people from enjoying the game as it was meant to be. Is pregnancy your kink? Too bad. Can't have a lot of children or it will tank your performance. Want to create a complex dairy farm on your household, with dozens of slaves being milked, all around the clock, with smooth performance? Too bad. Have a few hours to burn and want to go for a longer playthrough? Too bad.

It's like giving the player an enormous playground but telling them they are restricted to the sand pit and only for 10 mins, as after that a vortex appears and starts to swallow everything in said pit. What is the point of creating a game with sandbox elements, where the player's freedom and agency is important, and then restricting what the player can do and how they do it because the game can't handle it? For the record, I'm not talking about those who push the engine's limits just for the lolz. These problems start to occur well before that, just by playing the game.

I don't believe these issues were an intentional design choice but some of them have been around for a while...
Yeah, I wasnt really offering commentary on other peoples particular kinks...

I was commenting about old computers still being able to run this game very well at least as long as they have very vanilla kinks, I guess.

Want to run a dairy farm simulator? Go you! But I bet you could find better games more suited to your kink.
I am fine playing this game as is. It runs FAST and SMOOTH for me.

Now, if you want to discuss the complete and "udder" failure of content, updates, and programming, I will be happy to discuss. If not, I will see myself out now.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020

I was commenting about old computers still being able to run this game very well at least as long as they have very vanilla kinks, I guess.

Want to run a dairy farm simulator? Go you! But I bet you could find better games more suited to your kink.

Now, if you want to discuss the complete and "udder" failure of content, updates, and programming, I will be happy to discuss. If not, I will see myself out now.
i think you're missing the point that was made; LT was designed to offer a variety of kinks that one could play simultaneously, with the ability to disable or enable more niche kinks and seamlessly play the way you wanted with them. it's not just about the kinks though, it's also about the game as a whole. it's created from the ground up to be a 'choose whatever you want to be'.

a game is not stable, nor well made, if it only runs smooth with 90% of the content cut. i know playing as the most vanilla person to ever exist gets me excellent performance. i also know that i'm missing about 90% of LT's content and, therefore, may as well have gone and played a different game that offered less.

with this in mind, we will never see an android release. ever. we will also never see this game completed. ever. and we will never be able to play this game to its maximum potential without the threat of turning our PCs into an IED.

that was the point that was being made.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021

Mmhmm.

Ah yes, the "if you want to use the features of this game, this isn't the game for you" argument. That's a good one.

You're right, as long as you don't do any of the things the game wants you to do, it'll always run amazingly. You just need to make sure to not use the slave system, the transformation systems, keep NPCs on the map, have too many open quests, and for the love of god, do not try and reload your save during a couple specific quests in submission. Because the hilarious and game breaking game state bugs are still present with at least one quest.

As long as you don't *play* the game, the game runs perfectly.

Bye.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
I guess it's will looooooong time for waiting next update. While watching anger and hatred people how they biting between itch others
View attachment 1805588
Hah, every progress report starts off the same.

"Something something sorry guys, stuff happened, but don't worry! I'm working on not improving the game, just adding more content that will break in the next release."

xoxo Inno

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
We do agree on this point
did you just cherry pick my argument to find one insignificant sentence that is more fact than opinion at this point? really?

everyone knows we will never see the end of LT. this is fact, not opinion, therefore this being the single thing we both agree on is moot. did you read my previous paragraphs? i don't write responses for shits and giggles - much - you know. i wrote that as a carefully thought-out response to your question and everything wrong with it. i did not write that for you to pick out a ten-word sentence that has no bearing on the argument whatsoever.

why, anyone would think you dislike being challenged and ignore valid argument and criticism! goodness, is that you Inno?

EDIT: I posted this three minutes ago, who the fuck threatened to report me for sedition!? like, sedition??? do you even know what sedition means? anyway, whoever you are, thanks for the laughs.

BlidBear

Jun 15, 2018
If you have an older computer or this one doesn't work for whatever reason, .

I would still recommend using the EXE version if possible, as installing Java 8 system-wide could impact other applications that use Java.

It's no trouble at all, really. Besides, I'd rather offer up a direct link rather than risk them getting some sort of drive-by malware by following a Google search or something like that.
Funnly enough, it isnt enough with the last release of Java 8. You have to dig through every one of them to find the one that works properly with this dumpsterfire.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes