IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Seems good, i love text game since i play DoL. But this game got illustrated scenes or its all text ?
The game is primarily text-only with a few exceptions. Some of the NPCs have had one (or several) custom portraits made for them, made by different artists that you can choose from. You may disable all illustrations in favor of your own imagination, if you so prefer. IIRC, you can change these settings in the game's options somewhere (forgot exactly where), when you start a new game and on your phone (in-game phone).

There's also a mod on Discord, made by Stickface, that adds a bunch of unofficial portraits to the NPCs who didn't had one.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaloneyAmone

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Funnly enough, it isnt enough with the last release of Java 8. You have to dig through every one of them to find the one that works properly with this dumpsterfire.
That's weird. The Java 8 feature set (which is the thing that keeps it from running on newer major Java versions) shouldn't have changed at any point. :unsure:

One other possibility is that there's a later version of Java on the system. Java generally tries to use the latest JRE version to open JARs, so if you have both Java 8 and Java 17 installed, it'll try (and fail) to load the game with the latter.

i did download java 8 and it still didn't work
Did it throw an error? Is there an error.log file somewhere in the Lilith's Throne directory?

Jan 14, 2020
That's weird. The Java 8 feature set (which is the thing that keeps it from running on newer major Java versions) shouldn't have changed at any point. :unsure:

One other possibility is that there's a later version of Java on the system. Java generally tries to use the latest JRE version to open JARs, so if you have both Java 8 and Java 17 installed, it'll try (and fail) to load the game with the latter.

Did it throw an error? Is there an error.log file somewhere in the Lilith's Throne directory?
it didn't even open. and ill attach the error.log to this.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
it didn't even open. and ill attach the error.log to this.
It looks like there was a problem opening one of the game's image files (specifically, something in the "res" folder).

Try downloading the game again (either version should be fine) and extracting it. Also, make sure that you don't put the game in Program Files or Program Files (x86), as doing so can cause the game to have trouble reading and writing data.

Also, if you're upgrading from one version to another make sure to completely delete the "res" folder before extracting the new version. Sometimes they end up shuffling a bunch of that stuff around between versions, and occasionally that can lead to issues during upgrades unless you wipe the old game data out entirely. Your saved games are stored in a separate folder ("data") so you don't have to worry about losing them if you do that.

Jul 17, 2020
is anyone else having an issues with UI on latest game version & most recent java 1.8 update? status element fill effect being odd colors, disabled icons as black boxes, highlighted elements turning solid white instead for normal highlighting
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
P.S. i fixed it by reverting to java 1.8.0_172 and disabled java auto update seems between 172 and 331 they made changes that mess up the game's UI
found files to revert to 172 did a VirusTotal Scan to be safe

and it seems sometimes between 4.3.1 and 4.3.8 Inno added a bug cropping drop down info boxes (this is WITH Java reverted to update 172)

Last edited:

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Is it just me or does the .jar version not work on Mac anymore? I redownloaded this game after a couple years to have fun but it doesn't seem to be opening.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Is it just me or does the .jar version not work on Mac anymore? I redownloaded this game after a couple years to have fun but it doesn't seem to be opening.
Java 8 is very poorly supported on both macOS and Linux at this time, and the way the game's compiled effectively requires that version. Counter-intuitively, it's often easier to compile Linux from source on non-Windows platforms than to try to get JRE8 running.

Are you using an Intel Mac or an Apple Silicon Mac? I was able to build a JAR that would work on the latter using a modern version of Java, but I might be able to do so for the former as well.

mysorcpwns

Oct 8, 2017
Is there any way to unpack the exe file? I want to look into the lines generated during sex scenes, which I couldn't find in any of the files so far (searched using notepad++). I realize that the descriptions/dialogue in sex scenes are somewhat randomly generated, although some parts never change. Thanks!

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Is there any way to unpack the exe file? I want to look into the lines generated during sex scenes, which I couldn't find in any of the files so far (searched using notepad++). I realize that the descriptions/dialogue in sex scenes are somewhat randomly generated, although some parts never change. Thanks!
The game's source is available so you can just check the .java files. You can find the data (including generated text) here:

Most of the normal actions are in the base* directories, with situation- or character-specific actions being located in the dominion, submission, and universal directories.

Reactions: mysorcpwns

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Java 8 is very poorly supported on both macOS and Linux at this time, and the way the game's compiled effectively requires that version. Counter-intuitively, it's often easier to compile Linux from source on non-Windows platforms than to try to get JRE8 running.

Are you using an Intel Mac or an Apple Silicon Mac? I was able to build a JAR that would work on the latter using a modern version of Java, but I might be able to do so for the former as well.
Yeah I have an Apple Silicon Mac. Send me the JAR please?

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Yeah I have an Apple Silicon Mac. Send me the JAR please?
You've got it!

Installation Instructions:
  1. Make sure you have OpenJDK 17 installed (I'm using Zulu OpenJDK 17 on my Mac, but any distro should work).
  2. Grab the JAR bundle from the first page of this thread and extract it somewhere.
  3. Download the ZIP from the link above.
  4. Extract the ZIP and move the files into the Lilith's Throne directory (you can delete the old LT JAR—it's no longer necessary at this point. You only really need the res directory).
  5. Double-click Start-LilithsThrone.command in Finder to start the game. You'll probably have to right-click and CTRL-click Open the first time you run it to create a GateKeeper exception.
That should be it! Let me know if you have any questions.

Note to everyone else: The linked JAR will only work on Apple Silicon Macs since it only includes the JavaFX natives for that platform. If you want to produce a fat JAR for your platform of choice, .

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
You've got it!

Installation Instructions:
  1. Make sure you have OpenJDK 17 installed (I'm using Zulu OpenJDK 17 on my Mac, but any distro should work).
  2. Grab the JAR bundle from the first page of this thread and extract it somewhere.
  3. Download the ZIP from the link above.
  4. Extract the ZIP and move the files into the Lilith's Throne directory (you can delete the old LT JAR—it's no longer necessary at this point. You only really need the res directory).
  5. Double-click Start-LilithsThrone.command in Finder to start the game. You'll probably have to right-click and CTRL-click Open the first time you run it to create a GateKeeper exception.
That should be it! Let me know if you have any questions.

Note to everyone else: The linked JAR will only work on Apple Silicon Macs since it only includes the JavaFX natives for that platform. If you want to produce a fat JAR for your platform of choice, .
Thank you, kind stranger. Keep on keeping on.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sarkath
Jan 14, 2020
It looks like there was a problem opening one of the game's image files (specifically, something in the "res" folder).

Try downloading the game again (either version should be fine) and extracting it. Also, make sure that you don't put the game in Program Files or Program Files (x86), as doing so can cause the game to have trouble reading and writing data.

Also, if you're upgrading from one version to another make sure to completely delete the "res" folder before extracting the new version. Sometimes they end up shuffling a bunch of that stuff around between versions, and occasionally that can lead to issues during upgrades unless you wipe the old game data out entirely. Your saved games are stored in a separate folder ("data") so you don't have to worry about losing them if you do that.
I tried what you said and redownloaded the game but it's still not working. I'm not sure if its because I'm on windows 11 pro.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes