Jan 14, 2020
the games still not working for me. I have tried everything to get it working but I'm not sure why it's not even opening. it was working on my old laptop so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new laptop I have. the old one was HP and the new one I'm using now is ASUS. If anyone can help me figure out what's happening I'll be grateful.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Hey anyone else getting a solid black square where "greyed out" things are supposed to be, like on the minimap and the sidebar options? I don't have any idea what the hell could be going on here, I've done a fresh install of the game and everything. Could it be a java issue? What's more frustrating is that this issue is not present on my laptop's install of the same version.
No one ever answered you, because most of us have likely not touched the game in 6+ months at this point. There's no reason to unless you're new. So I'm guessing your post got passed over, sorry.

Your issue is probably just missing files. Just redownload the game dump it in the existing folder. It should fill in the missing files for you.

the games still not working for me. I have tried everything to get it working but I'm not sure why it's not even opening. it was working on my old laptop so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new laptop I have. the old one was HP and the new one I'm using now is ASUS. If anyone can help me figure out what's happening I'll be grateful.
You'd have to give us some hint as to what's happening when you try and run the game, sorry. But the usual answer is "wrong version of Java"

Jan 14, 2020
No one ever answered you, because most of us have likely not touched the game in 6+ months at this point. There's no reason to unless you're new. So I'm guessing your post got passed over, sorry.

Your issue is probably just missing files. Just redownload the game dump it in the existing folder. It should fill in the missing files for you.

You'd have to give us some hint as to what's happening when you try and run the game, sorry. But the usual answer is "wrong version of Java"
I've tried all the versions of java. the game is simply not opening no matter if I redownload it or try other things.

RunningFurniture

Mar 4, 2019
this is a good lesson on trusting on someones word, if you guys really feel this way about inno, be like this to every other person trying to make a game, self filter the dreamers from the go getters.

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
this is a good lesson on trusting on someones word, if you guys really feel this way about inno, be like this to every other person trying to make a game, self filter the dreamers from the go getters.
Not sure about you, but if anyone else were to keep on making promises and explicit deadlines they repeatedly fail to keep, I'd also treat them as if they are incompetent because... that's exactly what they've proven themselves to be. And before anyone says it, yes, we all know there are exceptions and the occasional rare, valid reason to break your word. Don't be contrarian just to say you're right in that 1/1000000 scenario. This isn't Twitter.

My point still stands though. If no one can trust you can keep your word, something that shouldn't take any effort, then what they hell can they trust about you? Throw in an inability to reach the goals you publicly set yourself and then it's no wonder you're at the ass end of every joke.

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
I've tried all the versions of java. the game is simply not opening no matter if I redownload it or try other things.
Have you tried opening it through a bat file?

Create a text document where the jar file is
Copy this into the text: start java -jar NameOfJar.jar
Save and close
Change the extension of the document from .txt to .bat
Open it

Rsb24

Nov 2, 2020
The Teargas Shotgun is a lootable found in the Mysterious Cave during the Grave Robbing quest. To start this quest you need to walk around the Bat Caverns until you find a lever. Once you figure out how to pull the lever, it'll bring you to said cave. Just be warned that once you leave the cave, it closes off forever.
This is where I found the lever on my map:
View attachment 1824748
Thank you very much, as I no longer remembered how to get it I asked for help, serious thanks
PD:If It's Inconsistent my comment is that I'm using translator

Jul 17, 2020
Hey anyone else getting a solid black square where "greyed out" things are supposed to be, like on the minimap and the sidebar options? I don't have any idea what the hell could be going on here, I've done a fresh install of the game and everything. Could it be a java issue? What's more frustrating is that this issue is not present on my laptop's install of the same version.
it is an issue with java version, recent java updates borked how LT uses Java FX with it's UI elements, a fix i found is to disable java automatic updates and then revert to an older java version, i made a post about this some pages back on this thread... My Earlier Post

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
honestly? give up. you're putting way too much effort in trying to play this game. you're not gonna be able to play it any time soon, unless Inno fixes compatability issues with the newest Java update. so we're talking a timeline of 2025 at least.

in short; there are better games out there.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Random idea that worked for me if running the jar file doesn't work and you definitely have java 8 installed and functioning: use a .bat script that politely forces JRE to run the game.
Code:
@ECHO OFF
start javaw -jar LilithsThrone_0_4_3_9.jar
(LilithsThrone_0_4_3_9.jar should be changed to whatever you have the game file called; usually, it's just editing a digit so it's the correct version)
Make sure it's saved as a .bat file by making sure to set the Save type as "All files" (e.g. it should be FUCKING_RUN_PLEASE.bat, and not FUCKING_RUN_PLEASE.bat.txt) and placed in the same directory where the .jar file is.

Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Random idea that worked for me if running the jar file doesn't work and you definitely have java 8 installed and functioning: use a .bat script that politely forces JRE to run the game.
In addition to this, it might also be necessary to explicitly define the path to JRE8, especially if multiple versions of Java installed. I'm on my Mac at the moment so I'm not sure exactly what the path would be, but it should be somewhere in C:\Program Files\Java

Edit: Okay, I'm on my Windows box now. The full path should look something like this:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321\bin\javaw.exe

Note that the jre1.8.0_321 will depend on the exact version of Java 8 that's installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaloneyAmone

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Oh hey, I just realized, we're a little over two months since the last update with only two posts letting us know that no work had been done since then.

Neat.jpg

Reactions: DamnDownloadLinks

STOPS

Feb 13, 2019
I'm not going to pretend to be super invested/informed on the dev's history, but I do know from experience that developing any game, especially one with massive procedural and interconnected systems can be a ton of work. Even if they weren't on patreon, I'd expect very slow progress on a game like this. It seems really simple on the outset when you start working on a game, but the work starts adding up quick, and every addition introduces so many new problems/bugs, and you just end up in a development hell, and god forbid you lose motivation or need to focus on real life or a job. Patreon is also a platform that pushes you to make promises and meet deadlines, which isn't necessarily very congruent with indie development, especially if you have a day job to supplement, or are working on an ambitious project, so I'm 0% surprised a large majority of Patreons struggle with overpromising and underdelivering.

I also don't see any other viable way to receive revenue for an adult game besides patreon, cuz if you charge for the game, people are going to flame you, ignore your project, or pirate it. I think the real takeaway here is that Patreon isn't the best solution for independent developers. Imo just unsub until a new update comes out if you don't like the speed of progress, there's no real reason to anyways besides wanting to support the dev.

Reactions: DamnDownloadLinks

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Imo just unsub until a new update comes out if you don't like the speed of progress, there's no real reason to anyways besides wanting to support the dev.
This reminded me of something...
"Sometimes, those who would make the wisest parents are the ones who choose to have no children at all."

I feel like there's a correlation here in the sense that the more one knows about the game's history and track record the less inclined they are to finance it. If that's the case, that means only a subset of people remain to support the game and they may not be the ideal types to push it forward in a healthy way. Support, patience and kindness is all nice and good but when all that does is perpetuate bad habits, then you have a problem. There has to be a balance.

It's logical to abandon something that you don't like but that's not the problem here. It's not that I don't like the game, I just think it's going down a self-destructive path. A bunch of wasted potential. I admit that my comments aren't exactly positive or morale-boosting but if I truly wanted I could have abandoned this game a long time ago. The reason I haven't yet it's because it is still an active project and so long as it's being developed there's still hope it will find the light.

It's a catch 22. The subscribers this game needs don't want to support it it because it's not in a good position, and the game isn't in a good position because it doesn't have the supporters it needs. (The developer being in a bad spot is another big reason for it as well.)

And all of this leads to another double-edged argument. If you complain about the game, people will tell you to shut up because it's a free product. If you're a subscriber and complain, people will tell you to to shut up and unsub. This is the beginning and the end of a circle-jerk mentality in that the only people allowed to say anything are those with only nice things to say or like-minded individuals who match the remainder of the community. (I'm not saying its your case in particular, STOPS, just stating examples I've seen.)

The ones with the power (subscribers) don't do anything and the reason why this project is going downhill is partially theirs - because they don't care, don't see the problem, or don't have the courage to speak up their minds. That's not "liking" a project nor is it "respect" towards the developer - if you watch someone stumbling towards a hole, you try to help, not whistle to the side, thinking it's not your place to intervene. At the end of the day, their indifference/inaction is just as harmful as some of the "shit-posts" I've written here about the game/dev... if not more.

A work in progress (and the end result of thereof) tend to be the reflex of those who made it and supported it. An unhealthy community and a developer with the wrong headspace, will lead to disaster.

Last edited:

iball

Aug 4, 2017
I tried playing this last year and while there elements I liked, the stuff I didn't like made me stop. At least at the time I played and from what I saw...there didn't seem to be any named NPCs with an actual storyline. Everything felt kind of flat and generic because of it. Are there any side characters that have development?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes