Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
I regret to inform that not a whole lot has been added since then. The Fields (next major area) was promised back in 2018 but only came to fruition last year, as a result of Inno's procrastination and tendency to get getting distracted by side-content (some of which was unplanned) and minor NPCs. The companion system was abandoned (you can still enable it, though at your own peril). I made a post about what was really done over the years (though I didn't continue past mid 2021). You can see it here.

According to some, the quality of the writing has deteriorated and some of the new NPCs are either too niche to be enjoyable or at least pander too much to minor crowds, making it debatable whether or not the amount of time spent writing them was justifiable at that point in time. Also, Inno's progress has been slowing down more and more each year. Some attribute it to personal problems, such as lack of motivation, others say the code is becoming a tangled mess that is making it harder and harder to add content. I think both arguments are true.

Right now, it has been 2 months since the latest release (3 months, if we count the latest free build) and we're back to delays after delays and delays for the delays. The last free update was in February, the last preview update was in March, she made two posts after that and then radio silence. Her last post in SubStar is from March (meaning she wrote an update on the blog but didn't post anything for her subscribers). And yet she is relatively active on Discord, but only for off-topic stuff...
I thought there would be some writing in the future (at least for unique characters) in addition to a lot more writing layers to the sex system (after all this is the main sex mode of the game) and at least unique content in the sex sys for unique NPCs. I'm the type that likes dense writing, but honestly... Broken expectations.

I remember seeing this game when it was released here on this forum, it's been 5 years... But I don't like to get stuck with broken expectations.

I'll keep my conclusions to myself after reading the whole thing in this thread. I just say it's sad to see it.

lonaburner

Mar 3, 2021
Is there anywhere where Inoxxia puts their betas/release candidates for us to try? I find it hard to believe that 4.4 is so broken it's still in an un-releasable state

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Is there anywhere where Inoxxia puts their betas/release candidates for us to try? I find it hard to believe that 4.4 is so broken it's still in an un-releasable state
The preview builds that are compilable from the "dev-build" repository is all that the public eye gets.
However, if you manage to gain access to her github account (in Minecraftblox, mind you), there's almost certainly a private repository that in-progress builds are uploaded to that would both show how much work on the next version is done and how much work is being done on a regular basis. Until someone reaches that level of insanity, however, we'll not know for certain.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
The game comes in two versions; "free" and "preview" builds.

Both versions are available to the public for free, the only difference is that the "free" updates you can just download and play while the "preview" version has to be manually built and compiled following a set of instructions, and that's not always easy due to a myriad of technical problems that may or may not arise. If you're a subscriber, the "preview" builds are just download n' play like the "free" version. Basically, "previews" are just a little incentive for people to support the game.

If you mean building from the github as progress is made.... you are on your own there. Good luck.
Someone more knowledgeable than me may provide a better answer.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
I regret to inform that not a whole lot has been added since then. The Fields (next major area) was promised back in 2018 but only came to fruition last year, as a result of Inno's procrastination and tendency to get getting distracted by side-content (some of which was unplanned) and minor NPCs. The companion system was abandoned (you can still enable it, though at your own peril). I made a post about what was really done over the years (though I didn't continue past 2021). You can see it here.
Thank you for your extremely detailed write up.

That was a ride. People can have sympathy until you tally up the numbers and realize she makes over $80,000 a year from this project. Assuming she didn't leave her day job, she would be clearing over $100k a year.

When money is on the line, very difficult to feel bad.

This game will be finished when she gives up and a community of devs step in to finish it. With her at the helm, it'll be a few years before we gain real content.

$80k a year to say sorry over and over like it's a feature. SMH.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
Here we go, week #4. We're only one more away from a whole month of radio silence. Let's see how high this'll ride!
i...you might wanna rethink that sentence, because last i recall a month is universally acknowledged as being four weeks long. so using this logic it's already been a month of silence we're moving into the fifth week of it.

BobaTheOrc

Nov 21, 2018
The companion system was abandoned (you can still enable it, though at your own peril).
Of all the things to be changed or removed, this is the one that hurts me the most. There is so, so, so much depth to be had (at least in relativity to everything else in the game) with companions. You could make an ultra slutty character and then make your partner a prude who is dragged into sex with you. You could make a weak character that's protected by a sexually dominant bodyguard. You could put a femboy in a chastity cage and let your companion have all the sex instead. You could cover your companion in piercings and disparaging tattoos and parade them around town like a trashy fuckdoll. The list goes on and on, and seems to only be limited by your imagination and perversion.

Now it's slowly becoming less and less relevant. You can't give enforcers up to your companion, or vice versa. Hell, they can't even participate! It sucks, and the fact that updates were once weekly and full of at least some kind of content once or twice a month, now she's just spamming excuses, and only once a month. It reads like lip service.

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
Of all the things to be changed or removed, this is the one that hurts me the most. There is so, so, so much depth to be had (at least in relativity to everything else in the game) with companions. You could make an ultra slutty character and then make your partner a prude who is dragged into sex with you. You could make a weak character that's protected by a sexually dominant bodyguard. You could put a femboy in a chastity cage and let your companion have all the sex instead. You could cover your companion in piercings and disparaging tattoos and parade them around town like a trashy fuckdoll. The list goes on and on, and seems to only be limited by your imagination and perversion.

Now it's slowly becoming less and less relevant. You can't give enforcers up to your companion, or vice versa. Hell, they can't even participate! It sucks, and the fact that updates were once weekly and full of at least some kind of content once or twice a month, now she's just spamming excuses, and only once a month. It reads like lip service.

The funny thing is: one of the reasons she dropped the system is because it was taking to much time and would delay updates.
But after she dropped it the delays got even bigger.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Am I the only person who has almost no technical issue with this game? It has never run slow for me, even after completing the story and having 10+ children and several slaves. On top of that, I always run with companions activated.
I think it depends on ur gaming rig and ur playstyle, on my "normal" playthroughs i also rarely encountered any lag but i definitely felt my pc struggled a little when i did my breeding playthrough

But what ppl (that understand coding) shows concern about isn't exactly the slowdown, it's that the code is apparently so inefficiently written that it creates performance leak issue

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Am I the only person who has almost no technical issue with this game? It has never run slow for me, even after completing the story and having 10+ children and several slaves. On top of that, I always run with companions activated.
Same here

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
It largely depends on how often you breed and how many alley tiles are filled. Basically, the more active NPCs there are in the world the more work the game has to do every time you move between tiles or loiter.

But what ppl (that understand coding) shows concern about isn't exactly the slowdown, it's that the code is apparently so inefficiently written that it creates performance leak issue
Oh yeah. The game absolutely thrashes memory when there are a lot of NPCs (we're talking a couple dozen gigabytes of allocations and deallocations per turn). The amount of impact it will make is highly dependent on your PC.

If you have a dedicated GPU or a tightly integrated SoC with obscenely fast RAM (like an M1 MacBook) it'll generally run pretty well. If you're using integrated graphics it's going to tank much sooner due to the reduced RAM performance.

I believe at some point someone (AceXP, I think?) submitted a patch that does something similar to my . That helped performance up to a point, but it only had a limited impact on the game's RAM thrashing so its effectiveness on systems with an iGPU is somewhat limited. You might think that there's no way you'll run into a game with enough NPCs to cause problems, but as the game expands the number of tracked characters in your save will naturally grow as well.

Then again, progress on the main storyline hasn't exactly been quick, so it'll probably be a while before it becomes a real issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DietrichGRU

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
Of all the things to be changed or removed, this is the one that hurts me the most. There is so, so, so much depth to be had (at least in relativity to everything else in the game) with companions.
This was the main draw of the game for me too. If it gets to the point where you can't get away with enabling the feature and just dodging the couple of bugs that result from using it, I don't know. Being able to make your custom NPCs and have them roam the house is mildly entertaining in small doses, I guess? But they don't really do anything worthwhile since with even modest income you run out of anything worth buying very easily.

I got bored with elemental followers pretty quickly. They're overpowered and overloaded with flashy special features, and in any sort of roleplay/story sense they're just sex doll copies of yourself IIRC. I never had half as much fun with them as I did building up some rando I met. And I never cared that NPCs didn't have special dialogue for my slaves or whatever either, so the "problem" that pressuring us to give more attention to elementals was meant to solve was never much of a problem for me.

Puppetlord

Apr 1, 2019
My biggest issue with the game is the fact that it's a text based game, but almost no new stuff have been added in sex scenes. I would just like to have more than two different texts for a scene. I feel like this would be a relatively easy thing to add as well. No coding, just write some extra stuff. But what do I know, I'm no game dev.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
My biggest issue with the game is the fact that it's a text based game, but almost no new stuff have been added in sex scenes. I would just like to have more than two different texts for a scene. I feel like this would be a relatively easy thing to add as well. No coding, just write some extra stuff. But what do I know, I'm no game dev.
You're out of luck. Games like TITS and COC rely on hand-written sex scenes, which are better in a sense, but also a bit of a one-trick pony. Those games don't really acknowledge most of your character's modifications either, simply because it would take too much work to write a sex scene while also taking into account every variable the game allows.

LT traded quality for more generic but flexible scenes. In theory, the entertainment should last you longer but only if you rely on your imagination get any enjoyment out of it. The longer you play it more likely you are to notice the repetitiveness of it all. If you're not big on the imagination department then this game will feel lacking, worse even, than any game with careful, thought-out scenes.

Once the proper framework for sex scenes and NPCs is done, we may see more content in either direction. Until then, we're left with the "placeholder" feel.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You're out of luck. Games like TITS and COC rely on hand-written sex scenes, which are better in a sense, but also a bit of a one-trick pony. Those games game don't really acknowledge most of your character's modifications either, simply because it would take too much work to write a sex scene while also taking into account every variable the game allows.

LT traded quality for more generic but flexible scenes. In theory, the entertainment should last you longer but only if you rely on your imagination get any enjoyment out of it. The longer you play it more likely you are to notice the repetitiveness of it all. If you're not big on the imagination department then this game will feel lacking, worse even, than any game with careful, thought-out scenes.

Once the proper framework for sex scenes and NPCs is done, we may see more content in either direction. Until then, we're left with the "placeholder" feel.
The problem with LT's approach is that she gave up on writing and clearly hates it now. Hence why everything goes to shit anytime she has to write anything.

This system would work really well, but only if you're adding variation to it. LT has basically no variation.

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
Why aren't stockings, pantyhose, and flats part of the wardrobe during the prologue when I'm playing as a trap character?

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes