BBGunna

Aug 27, 2018
I specifically learned about this thread because you guys are actually mentioned every once and a while on her discord. You guys are pretty toxic with how some of you go about criticizing her.

I've actually spoken to Inno plenty of times, and she's actually a very nice person so I don't think it's right to resort to personally attacking her.
ass-kisser-mr-potato-head.gif
no wonder.. seeing people being like this would discourage me too n leave a bad taste. I knew about this game since awhile ago and while I have just started playing, the game seems to have enough content, but I understand for those that have been playing for years and following the Dev's plans or content developing of the game over the following years would be really frustrated if barely anything was added into the game(mostly storyline as I read?). I haven't been to her discord or on here but i too somehow feel the comments criticizing her are a bit much.

sometimes developers just burn out, sometimes they start for fun then becomes for money then they lose interest, other times it's personal issues, discouragement, losing interest for no reason, hitting a wall.. could be many things. Patreon is kind of like putting faith in a developer or whomever and investing money in them in order to see a result.. but that's also knowing that most likely there may not be a result too, I don't know exactly how much was added or not but clearly from some people here the developer didn't meet the expectations to some or a lot.. even if money kept being donated to her

i have no problem with criticisms n i may be overthinking but I just felt the comments get a bit personal at times.
Well you said it right there patreon is like making an investment and like any investment you make if you realize it isn't paying out because the person you're investing in is making stupid mistakes you have a right to demand some accountability. This happens inthe real world all the time Ceo's are bent over by shareholders because when you take people's money they expect to get something out of it and will have your head if they don't. Which is why Inno would've been giving the pink slip years ago if she actually worked a real job, but thankfully in the she's built a nice little empire of white knights ready to jump in this thread and defend her honor from the "meanies on f95" who dare critized her for taking thousands of dollars PER MONTH and doing basically nothing to earn it. If at any time Inno had paused donations during her long breaks or shown any real growth in terms of development besides promising the moon and going "uwu sorry i missed another deadline cause i got a headache see ya in a month tee-hee"she wouldn't catch half as much shit.

Considering Inno is the one who decided to disable comments and lock up her discord for her loyal fans(read: simps who shower with praise) so kinda easy to guess why some resentment had built up, especially when many had reasonable concerns about the pace and scale of development that were promptly ignored. I'm sure Inno is a perfectly nice person to have a beer with or whatever but that doesn't change the fact that the game has gone nowhere in 5 years while raking in thousands by the month. There are far better games that are lucky to get even half of that so pardon me for not having much sympathy left, many of us(myself included) have been following this game since it was first released and are understandably peeved at how much it's potential is being squandered.

Plus like Draupnir7 said earlier most of us stopped supporting long ago byt it's never gonna be enough to make a difference. Besides getting updates on the thread I also get updates on reviews, and you know what happens if I click a new review 9/10 almost word for word it'll be some shit like,"Wow what an amazing game, one the best on the site, i'm so invested and can't wait to see more i literally just went and donated another 100 bucks into Inno's bank account(apparently without taking 2 seconds to read the damn game thread smh)" so even in the year 2022 there are still new suckers paying into Inno's wallet meaning this shit likely never gonna change, what you see in this thread is the final stage of following LT, acceptence in the fact that it will never be completed in any meaningful way and despite all the warnings and evidence in the world people will still gladly eat piles of shit by the spoonfull and call the rest of us crazy for suggesting that just maybe, we're owed somethingwith a little more substance, only to be called entitled for not accepting this big ole dung pie with a smile and a thank you.

Tldr; This situation is one of Inno's making and any more stans who wanna argue can stay mad cause deep down you know we're right.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
seeing people being like this would discourage me too n leave a bad taste.
Chicken/egg time, I guess. Which came first: heavy verbal floggings or the first inklings of frustration with a serial inability to keep to a repeatedly-lengthened schedule?
Mostly rhetorical, but it kinda depends on how you want to view any particular log of slung shit. There's always gonna be assholes - bumblefucks who aren't into the game at all and just want to scream at degeneracy, coomers who are disproportionately upset their specific flavor of degeneracy isn't being added...
Most people you'll find here, though, are people who like the game and want to see the game finished, or at least further along this fucking THIS. Which it really should be by now - if nothing else, I feel like we can at least agree on that. And every delay adds frustration. And this thread is where they can put it, because it ain't goin' in the Discord.
This thread, in its current shitting-on-Inno state, is the result of seven years of digital blue-balling.

would be really frustrated if barely anything was added into the game(mostly storyline as I read?)
Got it backwards. For a LONG time, there was only one daughter of Lilith. We're talking years. The new village out in the fields and the Amazon stuff is a very recent addition. If you want to be pedantic, you can divide that time between pre- and post-Outside Dominion, but even then, the map's been empty for an age. The meantime has been stuffed with content that your mileage may vary on regarding how urgently it needed in the game, but precious little was story-related.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
... I have just started playing, the game seems to have enough content, but I understand for those that have been playing for years and following the Dev's plans or content developing of the game over the following years would be really frustrated if barely anything was added into the game(mostly storyline as I read?).
Where you are right now is where I (and many other posters) was a couple years ago. I originally joined this forum back when progress had been halted on the main quest (ie. you could progress the main quest to the point where you could leave Dominion, but there was nowhere to go) for close on two years. The reason given for this was that Inno had given commitments to her supporters to add certain side content to the game before continuing the main quest.

All I wanted to know was what commitments she still had before she would be able to return to work on her game.

And here we all still are.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I specifically learned about this thread because you guys are actually mentioned every once and a while on her discord. You guys are pretty toxic with how some of you go about criticizing her.

I've actually spoken to Inno plenty of times, and she's actually a very nice person so I don't think it's right to resort to personally attacking her.

Don't get me wrong, you can criticize her for the speed at which she releases stuff, but some of the stuff you guys (not all of you, some of you are pretty civil about it) is pretty mean.
F95 and Discord are two sides of the same coin. Both places can be unpleasant and unwelcoming depending on what's your opinion on the game's development and the person behind it. The main difference is that you won't get banned from here for having an "unpopular" opinion.

Also, a lot of politicians tend to be nice people outside of their work, whether they are good/serious/professional at their job is a different matter altogether. Nobody gives a damn about Joe being good at parties, they give a damn about Joe being corrupt and pocketing tax money. Everyone hates politicians on principle and will bad-mouth them day in and out, regardless of whether they are nice people or not. Inno is a service provider and is getting paid for it, being "nice" is the bare minimum expected, especially when dealing with her fans and costumers (over at Discord), however, and more importantly, people care about the quality of her service and her professionalism.

While some criticism can be needlessly toxic, it got to this point in no small part thanks to Inno's (repeated) errors, misjudgments and lies, all of which have been pointed out and discussed ad nauseum in this thread. The few times this thread tends to derail (for the worse) is whenever someone points out and/or tries to stop the "hater behavior". It was relatively quiet and peaceful just a couple of days ago and while some were still complaining about the delays, it was par for the course and pretty tame.

This is the only place people have left where they can vent all their frustration undisturbed. Inno shut down the comments at the blog and you can only say so much on Discord before getting the boot. If there ever was a gap or animosity in the community, this only made it worse, because there will always be a "favorite child" (Discord) vs the "bastard" (F95).

That animosity started somewhere; people were unhappy with certain things and so they criticized and complain, but it rarely ever did anything. Everyone knows money speaks louder and this means being a supporter. Let's say you see the potential but aren't happy with the way development is going? A negative opinion and/or frequent criticism almost always results in being told to unsubscribe, however, the moment you do so your opinion stops being relevant because you're no longer a supporter. It's a goddamn catch 22. This means only a specific subset of people stay as supporters and if your opinion doesn't align with theirs, then it's not wanted ("Unsubscribe if you're not happy" might as well mean GTFO). How is a game supposed to improve like this?

It's irritating AF for a game with so much potential to lie in the hand of a subpar developer and even an worse community (mostly the supporters) that allow it to rot to this degree. I sometimes think having no game would be better. It's kinda like having your crush leading you on and giving you false hopes that will never be realized because they're too nice/cowardly to say it outright and don't want to hurt your feelings...

Last edited:

Barkhan

Feb 16, 2021
say, would it count as copyright infringement if I used the same mechanics to make a game ( for sex scenes, equipment , etc). Plot and all would be very different but I feel so much wasted potential in this game. Updates only focus on plot and not on mechanism anymore. fetishes, companion system, jobs, etc have been completely left aside are barely worked on. would code it myself and use different language probably but just curious.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
say, would it count as copyright infringement if I used the same mechanics to make a game ( for sex scenes, equipment , etc). Plot and all would be very different but I feel so much wasted potential in this game. Updates only focus on plot and not on mechanism anymore. fetishes, companion system, jobs, etc have been completely left aside are barely worked on. would code it myself and use different language probably but just curious.
I don't think it would be copyright infringement if it's just mechanics, but then again I'm not too read up on the law so...
Even then though, I don't think any action would be taken against you besides by some... "avid supporters" we could call them, of inno. At least from what I'm hearing, anyways.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Considering basically every mechanical system in this game was ripped off of or done before in another game, Inno would have a real hard time trying to pursue anyone for making a mechanically similar game. Even if she tried, whoever she went after could easily defend themselves through prior works.

Just don't copy any of her code or IP directly.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I knew about this game since awhile ago and while I have just started playing, the game seems to have enough content, ...
The trouble is the content is ocean wide, puddle deep. Lot's of different mechanics and choices, but most of it is trivial or meaningless.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The trouble is the content is ocean wide, puddle deep. Lot's of different mechanics and choices, but most of it is trivial or meaningless.
And in five years we've seen basically none of those mechanics progressed or updated in any kind of meaningful way.

Barkhan

Feb 16, 2021
Considering basically every mechanical system in this game was ripped off of or done before in another game, Inno would have a real hard time trying to pursue anyone for making a mechanically similar game. Even if she tried, whoever she went after could easily defend themselves through prior works.

Just don't copy any of her code or IP directly.
thanks for the answer, not planning on touching her code or IP, probably gonna use another language for it but I've been thinking about making a similar game (in mechanisms i mean) for a while so I really mean the mechanisms themselves. Currently changing jobs but once stable i'm probably gonna work on something like that or just a rpgmaker game that I could add mechanism on since It would be far less time consuming until I settle since I plan to draw the art myself.

Mar 9, 2018
thanks for the answer, not planning on touching her code or IP, probably gonna use another language for it but I've been thinking about making a similar game (in mechanisms i mean) for a while so I really mean the mechanisms themselves. Currently changing jobs but once stable i'm probably gonna work on something like that or just a rpgmaker game that I could add mechanism on since It would be far less time consuming until I settle since I plan to draw the art myself.
Just a quick question but, what pairings would be in this game? I know it's odd to asked that now, but I feel it's better to get that out of the way so people can see if they want to follow it. Also...how much of the transformation mechanic is going to be in it? The only reason LT even had my interest years ago was due to the fact that male characters could be transformed without having their gender changed (they could be herms or cuntboys and still be considered male) and pregnancy wasn't locked to females only. So, it made things interesting (at least for me).

Last edited:

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
say, would it count as copyright infringement if...
Inno copypasta'd CoC / Flexible Survival.
The entire scenario and mechanics ripped wholesale.
Named Characters and Art is functionally the only things Inno owns.

Renaming every proper noun and swapping game engines would likely be enough to ruin her ownership claims.

Reactions: Fizel

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
Inno copypasta'd CoC / Flexible Survival.
The entire scenario and mechanics ripped wholesale.
Named Characters and Art is functionally the only things Inno owns.

Renaming every proper noun and swapping game engines would likely be enough to ruin her ownership claims.
And, you know, coding the game so it doesn't make anyone who looks into it ram their head into the nearest wall on account of how much of how painful it is to look at. Haven't checked it out myself because I am not that desperate to see some referencing or redundant lines on top general questionable decisions made by someone who appears to use the 'brute force' method of throwing shit at the wall until something sticks, but the horror stories surrounding it sometimes make me wonder whether or not Inno spends as much time trying to figure out what the hell her code even does as much as she adds onto the enormous mess.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, don't worry about it then.

Just remember, you're copying CoC and DoL, not LT. Now no one can say literally anything unless they were in this conversation we're having right now. So fuck that court of public opinion too lol

Just a quick question but, what pairings would be in this game? I know it's odd to asked that now, but I feel it's better to get that out of the way so people can see if they want to follow it. Also...how much of the transformation mechanic is going to be in it? The only reason LT even had my interest years ago was due to the fact that male characters could be transformed without having their gender changed (they could be herms or cuntboys and still be considered male) and pregnancy wasn't locked to females only. So, it made things interesting (at least for me).
It's funny, because that kind of transformation system is *really easy*. It took me like, three days to create my own version that's even more scalable than LT has managed.

It's actually amazing that games like TiTS doesn't allow this level of transformation. Doubly so because their engine supports/supported it.

It really does amaze me that the transformation system is what draws a lot of people in, and literally no one has managed to really challenge it on just that aspect.

Mar 9, 2018
t's funny, because that kind of transformation system is *really easy*. It took me like, three days to create my own version that's even more scalable than LT has managed.

It's actually amazing that games like TiTS doesn't allow this level of transformation. Doubly so because their engine supports/supported it.

It really does amaze me that the transformation system is what draws a lot of people in, and literally no one has managed to really challenge it on just that aspect.
I think that preferences has a play in it. Like, the game can be in a magical fantasy or highly advance setting but if transformation has any part in those games it's always to either punish the player or just a complete MtF transform (rarely FtM transformation). Pregnancy is always exclusively to females despite it being possible to transform someone to different beasts any other wild stuff in the setting. The developer's preference can restrict one's ability to make a better mechanic at times just to avoid the things they really don't want happen in their game.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Challenge it how, though? The only extra length I can see the system going is support for hybrids like gryphons WITHOUT adding more damned racial items.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
You cant 'copyright' an idea. Implmentation of an idea yes, bit not the idea itself.

Reactions: Barkhan
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes