EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
NGL the new art for the demon Lieutenants looks dope. Can finally get rid of my placeholders.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
I liked the new art for them. At this rate every non-generic npc will have art work for them, before the next chapter for the main story comes out. So in a year or two you think the next city after Amazonia is going to be the Under Water one or the Swamp? I guess they could skip to the volcano one on the map, but that feels out of order. Don't JRPG's typically go Forest, Swamp, Water, then Lava?

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
It is all on the back burner.

Teasing: there was a combat system overhaul a year or two back that was supposed to make different combat styles more viable but it didn't.

Fetishes: there was a sex engine tweak around the same time that was supposed to make fetishes more prominent in sex weighting but didn't.

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
Teasing: there was a combat system overhaul a year or two back that was supposed to make different combat styles more viable but it didn't.
When I was discussing Lust I meant more on its effects on the player, both in combat and during sex scenes. With high enough lust, you apparently "can't think about anything other than sex", and same for high arousal. You could be at 100 Lust and 99 Arousal, and your options don't change. I realize in recent years there's been a huge push against non-con stuff, particularly in this sphere, but in any game that features corruption, there should be times where said corruption takes control away from the player in the process of corrupting them. To use an example, Karryn's Prison, where in certain situations the masturbation menu will come up during combat. Yes, you can force yourself to not masturbate, but the fact that it comes up at all is what I'm getting at. Another example would be Trapquest, where your character chooses to submit instead of resisting based on if they're too horny, or in too much pain, or too submissive, or too slutty, etc.

The game feels like it's seriously lacking this, and maybe it's because I haven't played long enough to progress corruption too high, maybe things will change later, but at the moment it just opens up new options, but doesn't restrict your old ones. Like, why feature corruption as a mechanic at all if the only way for your character to become more corrupt is to actively choose to make them act like a slut. There's no flavor or mechanical difference between them getting "corrupted" and starting out as a slut if you as a player have to make them act like a slut to be corrupted. Their actions will be slutty from the start in either case. The whole point of corruption is that it is forced onto the character and they, their thoughts, and their actions are changed because of it, but it has to be a forced thing, if it's by choice, then the character was already slutty to begin with, so there's no actual change, y'know?

Which is why it's so unfortunate, cause this game really is very good, but it's missing that really key point and since it's stuck in development hell, it's a real shame that it likely will never truly shine the way it should.

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
As wonderful as that type of combat event would be, sadly it's far beyond Inno's skill to deliver.
We already have this functionality in the game, way at the beginning with Brax in the Enforcer's HQ, where the option to lie to him isn't selectable without the Observant perk, or in how more sex actions are available for selection as your corruption rises. Just have some other actions be restricted based on lust, arousal, corruption or fetishes. Not letting the player select resist when they're on the brink of orgasm, for example, or if they have a fetish for giving blowjobs, when they have a dick in their mouth they can't take any actions that would enter the resist stance, things like that. High enough corruption disabling "beg to stop", or even disabling the resist stance entirely, that sort of thing.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Fairly sure even in that case you actually need to rebuild it from github to get it to actually work. Honestly you might be better off with proton emulation or something.
I tried using Wine for the exe version and it was so busted as to be unplayable. Missing images, constant failiure to parse dialogue, even worse lag spikes, and the like.

The game feels like it's seriously lacking this, and maybe it's because I haven't played long enough to progress corruption too high, maybe things will change later, but at the moment it just opens up new options, but doesn't restrict your old ones. Like, why feature corruption as a mechanic at all if the only way for your character to become more corrupt is to actively choose to make them act like a slut. There's no flavor or mechanical difference between them getting "corrupted" and starting out as a slut if you as a player have to make them act like a slut to be corrupted. Their actions will be slutty from the start in either case. The whole point of corruption is that it is forced onto the character and they, their thoughts, and their actions are changed because of it, but it has to be a forced thing, if it's by choice, then the character was already slutty to begin with, so there's no actual change, y'know?

Which is why it's so unfortunate, cause this game really is very good, but it's missing that really key point and since it's stuck in development hell, it's a real shame that it likely will never truly shine the way it should.
The whole game suffers from a syndrome of being wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. You can gather every fetish in the game and still be at 0 corruption with the only consequence being slightly more vulnerability to lust. Addictions are non-consequential since Ralph sell the cure in bulk and every random imp happens to carry a bottle. In the games own words, sealing enchantments are a minor inconvenience. Several races are functionally identical to each other. The more unique races usually have abilities that are either useless or out shined by other options.

That said, it might be possible to add more challenge and consequence to the game, but at the risk of alienating the casuals who pay for this venture. Not to mention that everyone who could impliment it without tanking performance either want a cut of the 7k a month Inno gets (understandable) or are banned from the Discord channel. Both in some cases.

Reactions: H8MyselfLoathing

Eeliejun

Jul 19, 2017
So, tried the game out and don't really get what people like in it. Like I loved coc and tits but this feels really shallow. Like the sex is just there. Like you can do a lot but everything feels the same no matter with who you interact with. Combat is really simple and selling stuff is just a pain. I get the idea and it has great building blocks but feel like we are missing a lot to make a good game.

Reactions: tehlemon

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
So, tried the game out and don't really get what people like in it. Like I loved coc and tits but this feels really shallow. Like the sex is just there. Like you can do a lot but everything feels the same no matter with who you interact with. Combat is really simple and selling stuff is just a pain. I get the idea and it has great building blocks but feel like we are missing a lot to make a good game.
Yeah, that is the issue with a game with randomly-generated NPCs. CoC/TiTS have scenes written for characters, LT has scenes written for a load of dice rolls. CoC/TiTS' scenes are comparatively well-written, but you are locked down to whatever the scenes are that have been written for that character.
The appreciation for Lilith's Throne comes in the ability to create a bevy of characters suited specifically to your own tastes, from appearance to fetishes. Apply a little mental elbow grease (because Inno will not apply the real stuff) and you can sort of paint over the boiler-plate sex scene descriptions to appeal to what you are after in the moment, aided a little by the description in-game.

If it feels like a lot is missing, that's because it is! The main thing missing is overall progress. A lot of overall progress. The problem at this point, outlined perfectly by Inno herself time and time again, is in deciding what is actually needed in the game.

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
The appeal was the sex engine, it has worked better in the past or at least had some more potential back then.

xfto

Dec 1, 2019
The engine and the possible shenanigans you could do with the slave/management system on the long run too...but numbers hard, work hard, inno soft.

Eeliejun

Jul 19, 2017
Yeah, that is the issue with a game with randomly-generated NPCs. CoC/TiTS have scenes written for characters, LT has scenes written for a load of dice rolls. CoC/TiTS' scenes are comparatively well-written, but you are locked down to whatever the scenes are that have been written for that character.
The appreciation for Lilith's Throne comes in the ability to create a bevy of characters suited specifically to your own tastes, from appearance to fetishes. Apply a little mental elbow grease (because Inno will not apply the real stuff) and you can sort of paint over the boiler-plate sex scene descriptions to appeal to what you are after in the moment, aided a little by the description in-game.

If it feels like a lot is missing, that's because it is! The main thing missing is overall progress. A lot of overall progress. The problem at this point, outlined perfectly by Inno herself time and time again, is in deciding what is actually needed in the game.
For sure! The biggest problem with CoC and TiTS is how restricted it is to what is written if you do something special but it is not added to the scene you are out of luck. Like being a centaur is just having no scenes. I get the idea and like it too to be able to apply what you want. Maybe it is me but have no idea how to fix the scene without doing a insane amount of work. Like it is fun for a bit but if you have the same-sex scene at the start of the game and then at the end you have one with for example 10 options more will it make it good?

Hopefully the dev will make something that work in the end for all people because the idea is great but the biggest problem is that it feels empty in the core systems.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
That said, it might be possible to add more challenge and consequence to the game, but at the risk of alienating the casuals who pay for this venture. Not to mention that everyone who could impliment it without tanking performance either want a cut of the 7k a month Inno gets (understandable) or are banned from the Discord channel. Both in some cases.
To be fair it also has the bigger issue of just meaningless rewards, any gear you find which is meant to be boss loot drops and stuff, is just ass. Because much like skyrim, you can just make a better item using whatever clothing is laying around. The enchantment limit is 100 different per item, which is beyond what you'll never use since you have a enchantment point limit.

Your always swimming in essence since legit just about everything gives you it, no pound cost or whatever the currency is, no limit on how strong a item can be.

It's the kind of issue that smart dev or game master would have fixed years ago. Make an enchantment cost money and use an item to create them, remove the point cost for NPC gear or just heavily nerf player enchantments, a limit of say 1 type of enchantment per player made item would work. Bit like the slot system of Old D&D. You could also if you want to put effort into it (big if I know) force players to learn each different enchantment, either from books or disenchantment.

Cus as is why would you buy a 10k neckless that gives a +10 mana, when I can just enchant a +10 Arcane tie or sock or watch or whatever for free. (or more likely a +50)

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
To be fair it also has the bigger issue of just meaningless rewards, any gear you find which is meant to be boss loot drops and stuff, is just ass. Because much like skyrim, you can just make a better item using whatever clothing is laying around. The enchantment limit is 100 different per item, which is beyond what you'll never use since you have a enchantment point limit.

Your always swimming in essence since legit just about everything gives you it, no pound cost or whatever the currency is, no limit on how strong a item can be.

It's the kind of issue that smart dev or game master would have fixed years ago. Make an enchantment cost money and use an item to create them, remove the point cost for NPC gear or just heavily nerf player enchantments, a limit of say 1 type of enchantment per player made item would work. Bit like the slot system of Old D&D. You could also if you want to put effort into it (big if I know) force players to learn each different enchantment, either from books or disenchantment.

Cus as is why would you buy a 10k neckless that gives a +10 mana, when I can just enchant a +10 Arcane tie or sock or watch or whatever for free. (or more likely a +50)
Funny you should mention that. Part of that one mod beta is a balance pass, reducing the limit to 10 while making enchantments both more potent and more expensive. You can still have your rose enchanted with +50 Arcane and Physique, but it costs a couple thousand essence. Even funnier is that reducing the enchantment limit also reduces the size of save files and therefore the load times.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
When I first found this game, it looked like something that could go somewhere.

And then it didn't.

Honestly, if it took more than a minute to check this thread I probably would have forgotten about it entirely at this point. And I'm still on this site for a couple other games, so I might as well.

Jul 22, 2022
I hope that eventually when or if this game is finished that's actually good because one thing I LOVE about this game is the sheer amount of player customization you have is unsurpassed. I mean the fact that you can have breast milk or cum be any color you want it to be and that you can even change the properties of it is just so damn cool to me!

Plus I can actually be a Dragon in this game unlike COC 2 and you can become a full on Demon in this game without consequences also unlike COC 2, so hopefully the game gets finished and the fact that is game is moddable and can make the game even better.

So one day hopefully or eventually I look forward to the day this game gets finished.

Because in my opinion as far as it stands when this game is or ever gets finished it will be objectively better than COC2 and maybe TITs but let me not get ahead of myself of course.

This game has its flaws, yes but they pale in comparison to the Flaws of COC 2 without a doubt period!

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes