anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
From Inno's blog,

Tuesday, 20 June 2023

Hello again,
I'm very sorry about the lack of communication recently and the lack of an update. I've been going through quite a stressful time over the past month (this year isn't going very well for me so far), which has been impacting my progress. I'm still working on the next update and will have the preview version released as soon as I possibly can.
Thank you all so much for your support and patience, and I'm sorry again for how slow I've been with updates this year. Hopefully things will change soon.
Inno's definition of "soon": Some time between later today and the eventual heat death of the universe.

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
From Inno's blog,

Inno's definition of "soon": Some time between later today and the eventual heat death of the universe.
Its not a large surprise, we've known that the plans have steered into a feral scene due to some happenings in the backer discord channel. We have had one feral scene before, but since it was a bad end it didn't touch the sex system. Currently the sex system basically has hard-coded it that characters have arms, can talk (which is a bit weird because mute exists) and barely any support for feral maws and beaks. The sex system needs a huge make-over to make a feral scene work.

I really don't understand why Inno doesn't tell people when plans change due to backer pressure, not sharing progress makes some sense to hide that nothing has been done, but if you aren't in the backer discord you have no idea when plans get changed around.

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
so has anyone figurd out how to change an npcs orientation ?
There's an item you receive from Arthur (one of characters you encounter while doing main story), forgot under which circumstances, which allows to change orientation add/remove speech impediments, and I think some other things, but it adds corruption to the character it's used on. I also think it's usable on yourself, with same effect.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
I really don't understand why Inno doesn't tell people when plans change due to backer pressure, not sharing progress makes some sense to hide that nothing has been done, but if you aren't in the backer discord you have no idea when plans get changed around.
But then what will he do to make backers feel special for being his pay piggies?

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
The project has gone on long enough that you run into situations where bulk donors are at odds with long time backers. Why are you doing his thing just because he gave you $2000 today, I've been backing you for 10 years.

Reactions: SpellsOfErotica

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Personally, I'm surprised Inno even bothered to bog herself down with a commission, what with her track record of not being able to meet established deadlines and general disdain for being answerable to someone else. Truthfully, she seems like the type of creator that would only consider doing that out of either duress or blackmail.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Inno hasn't had a good month in like, four years now

I hope you do not expect Inno to read this... she does not like us very much.
Actually, we know for a fact that Inno occasionally hate reads the thread. She'll bitch about us in discord and has responded to comments here in the blog once or twice.

And she's still a coward who's too scared to turn blog comments back on despite promising that she would.

kotta21

Jan 2, 2022
Inno hasn't had a good month in like, four years now

Actually, we know for a fact that Inno occasionally hate reads the thread. She'll bitch about us in discord and has responded to comments here in the blog once or twice.

And she's still a coward who's too scared to turn blog comments back on despite promising that she would.
this is definitely not healthy lol

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
Personally, I'm surprised Inno even bothered to bog herself down with a commission, what with her track record of not being able to meet established deadlines and general disdain for being answerable to someone else. Truthfully, she seems like the type of creator that would only consider doing that out of either duress or blackmail.
They way I see it, Inno has little reason to treat commissions any different from any other paying backer, besides maybe giving the content more priority over the rest. It's not like anyone expects her to work fast (or beyond the bare necessary minimum) at this point, so if the "regular" update is delayed by half a year while she works on a minor commission, the worst that might happen is a few of the younger backers will back out. Which Inno will barely feel, and they will quickly be replaced by other naive fools.

Reactions: YouShallNotLol

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
damn why do people support this creator if they are so unpleasant?
Because despite shortcomings under the hood, the game works pretty damn well for what it is and is trying to do. A lot of people want to see it finished.
Some people are hoping that by continuing to show support, they can light a positive fire under Inno's ass and perhaps prompt her to focus that little bit more.
Some people are suffering heavily from sunk-cost fallacy, and any time the game or its author catches flak, they see it as a risk to their investment of time and/or money.
And some people are just useful idiots, content to be cushions on the couch Inno slacks on whenever she feels like 'not having a good month'.

True, but it is a bug report. I would not expect Inno to look at it even if it were in her Discord.
Then again, making those changes would technically count as working on the game...

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Because despite shortcomings under the hood, the game works pretty damn well for what it is and is trying to do. A lot of people want to see it finished.
Some people are hoping that by continuing to show support, they can light a positive fire under Inno's ass and perhaps prompt her to focus that little bit more.
Some people are suffering heavily from sunk-cost fallacy, and any time the game or its author catches flak, they see it as a risk to their investment of time and/or money.
And some people are just useful idiots, content to be cushions on the couch Inno slacks on whenever she feels like 'not having a good month'.
Also furries.
They're pretty well known for spending stupid amounts on anything even remotely related to their kink.

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
One should always remember that the game is very good, imho the best text-based sandbox game out there. It's just that for the last few years, the glacially slow update pace, coupled with the updates usually being pretty small in scope, in no way justifies spending any money on it imho. Plus having literal years where there's zero progress for the main story.

Reactions: Draupnir7

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
One should always remember that the game is very good, imho the best text-based sandbox game out there. It's just that for the last few years, the glacially slow update pace, coupled with the updates usually being pretty small in scope, in no way justifies spending any money on it imho. Plus having literal years where there's zero progress for the main story.
Sure, if you never played Lilith's Throne and are into text-based sandbox then by all means go ahead it. You'll have a blast.
On the other hand, if you have played it in the last 2 or 3 years there's basically no reason to give it another try, unless you liked the sandbox so much that you want to replay it with another character.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes